Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Heartland Fieros 7th Annual Fiero Show!!!! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Heartland Fieros 7th Annual Fiero Show!!!! by DanFiero
Started on: 07-28-2010 12:33 AM
Replies: 103
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-25-2010 09:28 AM
chrismclubm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrismclubmSend a Private Message to chrismclubmDirect Link to This Post
nice shots

------------------
For Fiero Articles, Magazines, and Prototype Photos, visit: http://www.gt.ppdictionary.com

page 3 officially owned

[This message has been edited by chrismclubm (edited 08-21-2010).]

IP: Logged
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
I wanted to throw out a "Thank You" to every one who attended and put up with our 94 degree day. While it was warm out, the ice cream shop was within range of running out of ice cream making Fiero Freezes.

I had a blast all weekend. Lots of stories to tell, but I am off running with all of my duties for the AACA Nationals this week.

The official car count was 35 registered cars, with 3 making a brief appearence. And that was with only 2 of my cars at the show. Otherwise we could have reached over 40. Then we had 108 people in attendance for our after show Cook-out. Sorry the light show got cut short by the men in blue, but already, the culprits have been addressed in a very special way We only made half way through the pile.

Credit goes to a great group that attended the event. We had nothing but compliments from the Village of East Davenport.

Fred
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

It was a terrific weekend! some of my favorite highlights: The caravan down with Steve, Kev, Jason, and Shawn; what we will call the "key incident;" Steve's itouch, facebook fillies, and a little TMI; seeing all the pretty cars at the show;I actually fell into the car seat at the car show when we left (slipped on some paper - it was a fabulous trick that cannot be replicated); Chris and I trying to beat the heat with slushies and paper plates; Fred trying out for the show Cops in his driveway (bad boys bad boys watcha goin to do..), Annette's wine tasting (or guzzling or whatever LOL); dinner music via a live accordion player; Jay getting a ride in Fred's pace car; Jay getting a ride in the purple roller-coaster - and spanking a "ricer" at a stop light. And let's not forget the filming of Lost in Iowa on the way home to include such memorable scenes as "The scenic and fragrant route," "Look Pa, it's the estates!," "Roadkill Lunch," "Squirels and hawks gettin' friendly," and the much acclaimed dinner scene at Applebees from Passing Wind and his sidekick Dainty Snore.

Not sure if you realized this but the car show was on the 6 month anniversary of Tyler's death. I can't think of a better way for us to have spent that day hanging out with all of you, showing off our cars, joking around, just plain old having fun. Good food, good friends, good times. We will be looking forward to next year. I will work on what few pics I took this week.

Oh - And we didn't see any snypes but we we did hear a few (LOL) locusts

LOL !!!!!!!!!! ....love that synopsis, quite accurate too

Great show & great people. I haven't spent that much time on the side of the road in a LONG time, especially when i'm the one having the issue. At least it wasn't a breakdown though. I'd never live it down Great dinner ( & interesting conversation ) followed by a night in a freezing cold hotel room BRRRRRR with a rather thick aroma through the stench filled room ( thanks Steve ) New plug wires went on the following morning with a wash & the cruise to the show went pretty smooth. Though car still can't go into boost Show was fun, HOT, relaxing while in the restaurant & chillin & chattin with peeps. Relaxed at the hotel for a bit before heading to Fred's & swapped out a coil pack in an effort to run better in boost, while 4 punk kids pull up in a Civic SI asking if me or Chris was boosted, lookin for a race. Found out on the way to Fred's the coil pack did the trick and a few waiting wanted to find out too Although with Chris in the car ( i think ) yet another punk Civic owner figured it out too Checking out the 3 pace cars ( which i'm written in the will for ) and all the other "to be preserved" Fiero's in the yard. Food & BBQ was FANTASTIC, and a HUGE thanks to Fred, Annette, Fred's parents, Ryan, & everyone else cooking & helping out. A special thanks to Heather ( such a sweetheart ) saw i was one of the last in line, & wound up waiting for another round of burgers to be done. So i went to sit down meanwhile. Then when they were done she brought me a fresh one off the grill while i was still sitting there The night grows dark as the raffle runs through gifts, & the Heartland anniversary cake is brought out, till Fred starts shooting off a ( somewhat illegal ) spectacular display.( I have a special assortment set aside for camp Shipman ) As the troops move in, in an attempt to haul Fred away, the tell him to just put it away. Last of the crew heads back to the hotel ( i knew i should have camped it ) to be greeted to a freezing cold room again, and another horrific wave of Steve's smelly ass !!!!!!! Not to mention the snoring competing with the freight train in Fred's back yard !!!!! With only a couple hours sleep hibernated under the covers from that night, we awake to our continental Fruit Loop & warm milk breakfast. Followed by some parking lot Go-kart fun, burnouts even. With a goodbye to all there Fred see's everyone off.........until next time.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

LOL !!!!!!!!!! ....love that synopsis, quite accurate too

Great show & great people. I haven't spent that much time on the side of the road in a LONG time, especially when i'm the one having the issue. At least it wasn't a breakdown though. I'd never live it down Great dinner ( & interesting conversation ) followed by a night in a freezing cold hotel room BRRRRRR with a rather thick aroma through the stench filled room ( thanks Steve ) New plug wires went on the following morning with a wash & the cruise to the show went pretty smooth. Though car still can't go into boost Show was fun, HOT, relaxing while in the restaurant & chillin & chattin with peeps. Relaxed at the hotel for a bit before heading to Fred's & swapped out a coil pack in an effort to run better in boost, while 4 punk kids pull up in a Civic SI asking if me or Chris was boosted, lookin for a race. Found out on the way to Fred's the coil pack did the trick and a few waiting wanted to find out too Although with Chris in the car ( i think ) yet another punk Civic owner figured it out too Checking out the 3 pace cars ( which i'm written in the will for ) and all the other "to be preserved" Fiero's in the yard. Food & BBQ was FANTASTIC, and a HUGE thanks to Fred, Annette, Fred's parents, Ryan, & everyone else cooking & helping out. A special thanks to Heather ( such a sweetheart ) saw i was one of the last in line, & wound up waiting for another round of burgers to be done. So i went to sit down meanwhile. Then when they were done she brought me a fresh one off the grill while i was still sitting there The night grows dark as the raffle runs through gifts, & the Heartland anniversary cake is brought out, till Fred starts shooting off a ( somewhat illegal ) spectacular display.( I have a special assortment set aside for camp Shipman ) As the troops move in, in an attempt to haul Fred away, the tell him to just put it away. Last of the crew heads back to the hotel ( i knew i should have camped it ) to be greeted to a freezing cold room again, and another horrific wave of Steve's smelly ass !!!!!!! Not to mention the snoring competing with the freight train in Fred's back yard !!!!! With only a couple hours sleep hibernated under the covers from that night, we awake to our continental Fruit Loop & warm milk breakfast. Followed by some parking lot Go-kart fun, burnouts even. With a goodbye to all there Fred see's everyone off.........until next time.

Thanks for taking my boy Josh for a ride he is still smiling ear to ear when he tells people that you took him for a ride. It was nice meeting you as well. when I am ready and feel right to do a 3800sc I will be calling you for some mounts. By the way that is one bad ass fiero you have even though we all got called homos because of it!!!!! LOL

------------------
1984 Indy Pace car #64 Parade car #4 1985 Fiero GT 4speed
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP
2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't help it....

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
A little somethin for ya , I think you'll like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUGlPW9dSLI
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Thanks for taking my boy Josh for a ride he is still smiling ear to ear when he tells people that you took him for a ride. It was nice meeting you as well. when I am ready and feel right to do a 3800sc I will be calling you for some mounts. By the way that is one bad ass fiero you have even though we all got called homos because of it!!!!! LOL

Yes, definately fun to meet & chat with you. Josh is a stitch, he didn't even flinch. Like a ride in a radio flyer wagon. The homo thing was hilarious.

Originally posted by fierohoho:

I couldn't help it....

It's o.k. Steve thanks for letting me hang with you. I'll get ya back.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
It was a great time!! Had fun seeing old friends and meeting plenty of new ones. Jay and Daneele it was pleasure to finally meet you, I really need to make sure I make it up to your show next year!

Shawn...glad my tractor motor could plow the field for ya, now for some crops.....I need plant some seeds and breed many more tractor motors

So there's lots of post and I know more than HoHo took pictures so lets see them!!!

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-18-2010).]

RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
I got a call from the ice cream, candy store, resturaunt who mainly sponsors the show today reporting that they had a record sales day.
sprnt96

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sprnt96Send a Private Message to sprnt96Direct Link to This Post
I have to thank you too Shawn for giving my son the ride of his life...he said he was scared shitless... but said it with a BIG smile on his face!!
88RedFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88RedFormulaSend a Private Message to 88RedFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sprnt96:

I have to thank you too Shawn for giving my son the ride of his life...he said he was scared shitless... but said it with a BIG smile on his face!!

Hmm, yes, quite...

Hopefully my Fiero will be running in time for next year.
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Not a problem i've thought of putting together "care packages" for those taking a ride on the wild side Starting with a towel, diaper, brown paper bag, defibrillator, and velcro.

Though i'm guessing they will be more useful when the bottle is turned on

------------------

MINNESOTA MAFIA Real men get blown If you're going to run your mouth make sure the proof isn't all over the net that you're full of sh!t.
87 GT MP-112 powered, 3800 Supercharged on 19's 372 rwhp & tuning____88 GT T-top 1 of very few, 000,204.1 miles
87 GT custom______90 Grand prix STE Turbo_____2007GSXR 1000
Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD, Ya want to hit it, but are afraid of the consequences.
IF YOU AIN'T BREAKING STUFF..................IT AIN'T MODDED ENOUGH
If your'e not living on the edge..........you're taking up too much room.
Best Fiero mounts available

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
There has to be some more pics...
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
As usual, we had fun again this year! Thanks for all of the kind comments and it was great meeting some of the newcomers to this show as well as seeing some familiar faces. We almost got Fred arrested, but only in "FRED'S IOWA" does he get away without even a slap on the wrist!

Anyway, I snapped quite a few pictures and they can be seen here:

http://www.gmtuners.com/eve...tland2010/index.html

Enjoy! See you all next year!

-ryan
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Hey Darth and/or Mr. Thomas, and 2.5 would you guys mind if I borrowed a couple of pics to throw up on our facebook page?? I promise I'll give em' back

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-20-2010).]

paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
Seen four Fieros at the Woodward Dream cruise today. One was an Indy that has ben there before. Also I beleive there was a white MERA. MERA are you on the fourm? Thought it was a FERRARI at first.
Ron T

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Hey Darth and/or Mr. Thomas, and 2.5 would you guys mind if I borrowed a couple of pics to throw up on our facebook page?? I promise I'll give em' back

No problem at all. Please do. Hope mine makes your page

------------------
1984 Indy Pace car #64 Parade car #4 1985 Fiero GT 4speed
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP
2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

No prob, use the ones you like

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Sure go ahead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Heres another little pic

weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
God, I hate working weekends.
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Heres another little pic

Thanks a lot Jason
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Heres another little pic

Jay "Just give the crowbar. I can fix anything with a crowbar"
Steve "Where is the bathroom anyway? All I see is corn?"
Shawn "What do you mean you won't travel 100 miles to unlock my car? What do you mean you don't work on vehicles older than dirt?? What is wrong with you?!?"
Jason "Just say cheese guys so I can take your picture"

Kevin and are are sitting on the sidelines in bag chairs eating popcorn, highly entertained.

------------------
Nellie - forever Tyler's mommy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

Jay "Just give the crowbar. I can fix anything with a crowbar"
Steve "Where is the bathroom anyway? All I see is corn?"
Shawn "What do you mean you won't travel 100 miles to unlock my car? What do you mean you don't work on vehicles older than dirt?? What is wrong with you?!?"
Jason "Just say cheese guys so I can take your picture"

Kevin and are are sitting on the sidelines in bag chairs eating popcorn, highly entertained.

nice!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock