Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Heartland Fieros 7th Annual Fiero Show!!!! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Heartland Fieros 7th Annual Fiero Show!!!! by DanFiero
Started on: 07-28-2010 12:33 AM
Replies: 103
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-25-2010 09:28 AM
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Nick's Mom? You know, another camera buff. Or you probably don't know Steve is a camera guy. LOL

That sounds right, just joking around, I'm known to do that and not act my age.

And of course an edit to say....

Yeeeeeeesssssssss, I own page twooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

[This message has been edited by fierohoho (edited 08-06-2010).]

IP: Logged
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

That sounds right, just joking around, I'm known to do that and not act my age.

And of course an edit to say....

Yeeeeeeesssssssss, I own page twooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Packing a spare timing chain sprocket this year or taking a empty trailer along? j/k LOL. ;p Sorry couldn't resist.

Travel safe.
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

Packing a spare timing chain sprocket this year or taking a empty trailer along? j/k LOL. ;p Sorry couldn't resist.

Travel safe.

Jeff, you better not jinx his trip down here. 2 trips and 2 breakdowns are enough. I hope that this trip to Iowa, he can concentrate on keeping a hold of his cell phone.

Fred

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

jay is racing the yellow rig at interstate on sunday with a full shot of the bottle per tyler's wishes. cross your fingers that it doesn't blow chunks... although we don't think it will.

Cool! I hope it gets on video! ..and I get to see it again at the Heartland show!
fierogal123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
The "blonde" just may be there. Not sure...it's a little over a five hour drive one way. So, not quite sure. I think we'll just decide and not tell anyone. Surprise you guys maybe.

Nellie-your avatar is pretty funny...Carter's not coming? lol who will we play laser tag with?

GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNDirect Link to This Post

[b]Originally posted by RAREW66:

Jeff, you better not jinx his trip down here. 2 trips and 2 breakdowns are enough. I hope that this trip to Iowa, he can concentrate on keeping a hold of his cell phone.

Fred

3rd time is a charm, right? ---good vibes---good vibes---good vibes--- There, you should be OK now. I also requested good weather so we should be good to go.
Bev and I look forward to seeing you all in Davenport.
Mark

[This message has been edited by GTMN (edited 08-06-2010).]

fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Fred

Geff, spare timing gears will not be needed.

I will make it down this time under my own power, I am not jinxing myself by saying this, the third time is a charm as GTMN said.

Fred, that stupid cellphone which I lost last year at McDonald's, after breakfast, on show day, and later found in the parking lot, having been run over by at least one car refuses to die.

I still have it and will bring it along, maybe one day it will die and I can get a new phone with, dare I say it, internet?

See you guys Friday!

Steve
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Steve, Glad to hear everything went okay. As Mark said, the third time is the charm.

So Is gots to know know......I am I missing illegal fireworks of Saturday night?

Jeff
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Having surgury on monday and I will be there saturday mornnig. Camping out till the next day.

------------------
1984 Indy Pace car #64 Parade car #4 1985 Fiero GT 4speed
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP
2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
As said before Jimmy and I will be there. He has already started to pack. Excited to see old friends and new. Bringing some FIERO history for all to enjoy. ED Y. and Mark N. I have a surprise for you. Hope Fred did not tip you off.

Ron & Jimmy

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

[This message has been edited by paced84 (edited 08-06-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Steve, Glad to hear everything went okay. As Mark said, the third time is the charm.

So Is gots to know know......I am I missing illegal fireworks of Saturday night?

Jeff

LOL !!!!!!!! i'm out Jeff.......i'll be saving my next "over the border" trip for some for the next Frazee show. As long as it's o.k. with Nellie & camp Shipman
PFF
System Bot
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
you don't EVER have to ask! just show up! that's the way we roll here "up north"

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

LOL !!!!!!!! i'm out Jeff.......i'll be saving my next "over the border" trip for some for the next Frazee show. As long as it's o.k. with Nellie & camp Shipman

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

you don't EVER have to ask! just show up! that's the way we roll here "up north"

Thanks Sweetie, as the same goes here, 3 hours from you. I got ya covered if you need ANYTHING

I live in Elk River & the shop is in New Hope ( next to Minneapolis )
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Whew!!!! that was close, this thread almost went to page 2...can't let that happen.

Officially 1 week and counting!!

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
My significant other has given me and the youngest permission to go. Since it is her birthday I know that there are unforseen consequences, but she did say," Go, I have to work anyway." So I will be coming down with Jesse and Steve and be there for it all!!! I think I will even bring the laptop and show off my Autocad skills. If anyone wants some lasercutting done look me up and we can do some sketching.

Mr hard luck Jake (my son with the blown engine last year) along with Quinten have to work, but are going to try and make the BBQ and the light show.

Fred, how is the wood supply? I think the fire ring needs a proper dedication. I have plenty out back and can bring a load down this week if you need some.

Rich

P.S. By the way Fred, Ethan says he will be the look out.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I suppose I'll be able to catch the Fiero convoy headed down I 35 as you pass by Owatonna sometime around 10:30...? Unless you are making a gas stop I could sit in a parking lot off the freeway near the airport or hospital and see ya pass by, (and maybe hear ya on the walkies). Channel 2, I presume?
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Just a warning to any caravan coming down I-380 through Cedar Rapids, they have installed speed cameras along the interstate through downtown so be very careful as this city is making sure they get their money from these things. Also anywhwere in the city limits if you see a red Jeep Grand Cherokee parked alongside the road it is also a speed camera and they will park it on the inside emergency lanes of the interstate with the rearend dang near sticking out into the interstate to line the camera up properly.

Dan
GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

As said before Jimmy and I will be there. He has already started to pack. Excited to see old friends and new. Bringing some FIERO history for all to enjoy. ED Y. and Mark N. I have a surprise for you. Hope Fred did not tip you off.

Ron & Jimmy

Fred hasn't said a word, I'm all a tingle with anticipation! I'll be sure to bring your case with me, Ron. I'll See you and Jimmy there.
Mark
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Just a warning to any caravan coming down I-380 through Cedar Rapids, they have installed speed cameras along the interstate through downtown so be very careful as this city is making sure they get their money from these things. Also anywhwere in the city limits if you see a red Jeep Grand Cherokee parked alongside the road it is also a speed camera and they will park it on the inside emergency lanes of the interstate with the rearend dang near sticking out into the interstate to line the camera up properly.

Dan

Wow....good to know..........bastages !!!
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Just a final reminder about our car show this weekend, all the information can be found under the events tab at http://www.heartlandfieros.com.

Plus we have a request for all our members who are local (In Iowa or close by in ILL.) to the show. At the BBQ on Sat. Night we will be doing a Dutch Gift exchange so we are asking you to pick 1 to items and wrap them up for this exchange, now these items can be a usable Fiero part or the greasiest POS you have, or whatever you would like to donate to our exchange be it good or completely useless or even non-fiero related, it's up to you. This is always a fun way to spend the evening seeing what everyone's getting or going to trade in hopes of something better.

See everyone there this Saturday!!!!!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

I suppose I'll be able to catch the Fiero convoy headed down I 35 as you pass by Owatonna sometime around 10:30...? Unless you are making a gas stop I could sit in a parking lot off the freeway near the airport or hospital and see ya pass by, (and maybe hear ya on the walkies). Channel 2, I presume?

Channel 2 on the walkies for the Fiero Convoy leaving Lakeville?.......
PFF
System Bot
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Channel 2 on the walkies for the Fiero Convoy leaving Lakeville?.......

Check you PM's
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
How did this get to page four??

Our dinner reservations are set for 7pm sharp at a nice new resturant with adult beverages available. There will be a 30 minute cruise to get to our destination. Meet time at the host hotel is 6pm. I hope to leave no later than 6:15.

The host hotel will have a hose and clean-up rags available to get your cars detailed up.

Rich, there is a ton of firewood here, so I would think that we are OK to break in the fire ring properly.

We are ready to go and are looking forward to having a great time.

Fred
RAREW66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post

RAREW66

1119 posts
Member since Jun 2001

Jeff

Definately maybe no or.................... bring your sunglasses I guess you will have to wait for the pictures.
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Will there be Amish Cookies at the after show BBQ?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RAREW66:

Definately maybe no or.................... bring your sunglasses I guess you will have to wait for the pictures.

I found some more in the garage
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

I found some more in the garage

Yeah, but are they the flying saucers from Ohio? Sorry, but legal just doesn't cut it.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, but are they the flying saucers from Ohio? Sorry, but legal just doesn't cut it.

Ah, no. These are definatly large shot mortars and the like
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2010 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Less than a day left!!

Dinner tonight for those coming in early, they'll be leaving from the host hotel at 6:15 with a 30 minute cruise to the resuarant in Blue Grass, Iowa

The Corner Grill
101 West Mayne Street
Blue Grass, IA 52726

Dan
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2010 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Time to Go Time to show, now is the time to leave (at least for me).

Hope to see everyone there!!

Dan
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
While I was late to the show being that I had a class in Springfield that I had to attend for work, there was an exceptional showing of cars that were at Fred's place. It was good to chat with those who I've not seen in some time and to see a good number of different cars that were displayed showcasing the Fiero.

Here's a few of the better pics taken w/ my cellphone camera, which also just so happen to be my personal favorites:

Big thanks to Heartland Fieros for putting something like this on, and happy birthday!

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
It was another great show, well except for Fred almost getting arrested. The people are great. The food is great. I think for next year though Fred needs to look into getting the tempature to be about 15 degrees cooler on show day.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

well except for Fred almost getting arrested.

Something happen after I left, with the light show at the end? Also we need.......

MORE PICTURES!!!! I was a Dumb... and left my camera at home but I saw plenty of photos being taken, so post em if ya got em'

Dan

Edit: And if you guys posting pics don't mind I might pull a few off and throw them up on our facebook page???

Join us on Facbook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/...php?gid=294524591845

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-15-2010).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
It was a terrific weekend! some of my favorite highlights: The caravan down with Steve, Kev, Jason, and Shawn; what we will call the "key incident;" Steve's itouch, facebook fillies, and a little TMI; seeing all the pretty cars at the show;I actually fell into the car seat at the car show when we left (slipped on some paper - it was a fabulous trick that cannot be replicated); Chris and I trying to beat the heat with slushies and paper plates; Fred trying out for the show Cops in his driveway (bad boys bad boys watcha goin to do..), Annette's wine tasting (or guzzling or whatever LOL); dinner music via a live accordion player; Jay getting a ride in Fred's pace car; Jay getting a ride in the purple roller-coaster - and spanking a "ricer" at a stop light. And let's not forget the filming of Lost in Iowa on the way home to include such memorable scenes as "The scenic and fragrant route," "Look Pa, it's the estates!," "Roadkill Lunch," "Squirels and hawks gettin' friendly," and the much acclaimed dinner scene at Applebees from Passing Wind and his sidekick Dainty Snore.

Not sure if you realized this but the car show was on the 6 month anniversary of Tyler's death. I can't think of a better way for us to have spent that day hanging out with all of you, showing off our cars, joking around, just plain old having fun. Good food, good friends, good times. We will be looking forward to next year. I will work on what few pics I took this week.

Oh - And we didn't see any snypes but we we did hear a few (LOL) locusts

------------------
Nellie - forever Tyler's mommy

[This message has been edited by nellieship (edited 08-16-2010).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Jay getting a ride in Fred's pace car; Jay getting a ride in the purple roller-coaster - and spanking a "ricer" at a stop light.

Nice! I wanna know more about this
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
I have 80 total photos up from the show on the www.fieronews.net site

http://www.fieronews.net/fu...lery.php?album_id=22

abv is the link.

Thank you for the fun Fred well be there next yeat

Tom

------------------
1984 Indy Pace car #64 Parade car #4 1985 Fiero GT 4speed
1986 Fiero GT 1997 Supercharged GTP
2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
smore pics

Those PPG pacecars are such a thing of beauty, I was drooling all over the blue one from the minute I saw it. I really really really want a kit to make mine look like it, good luck eh?!

The Giant badge Presented to the Shipman Family.

Custom Vents

Some of the show cars

Back at Freds

The cruise back to Minnesota

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007
Fred I gotta say you are an excellent host, hospitality second to none!
Thank you!
Also to everyone else involved, Excellent show
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Finally started to look at my pics and decide which ones to post, gave up.

Here is the link to my photobucket of all the pics I took, enjoy.

Steve

http://s130.photobucket.com...Fieros%20Car%20Show/
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
!!! Cool!

I love that!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock