Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show: Camping at the Shipmans! Sign-Up NOW! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show: Camping at the Shipmans! Sign-Up NOW! by JohnWPB
Started on: 06-12-2010 09:20 PM
Replies: 153
Last post by: cornersonrails on 07-19-2010 09:45 PM
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
At this point plans appear to have changed... It now looks as if I WILL be attending the show. My Formula is running and driving now, and my wife just got a job, so things are looking up. Can't wait to be there!

I OWN PAGE 2!!!!

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 06-29-2010).]

IP: Logged
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

At this point plans appear to have changed... It now looks as if I WILL be attending the show. My Formula is running and driving now, and my wife just got a job, so things are looking up. Can't wait to be there!

Gonna be roughin' it?
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Definitely gonna be roughin it. I have a tent and an air mattress, that's the only way to go!
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Gonna be roughin' it?

Are you even going, slacker ??
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:
Are you even going, slacker ??

Sometime we will have to calculate the up times on our cars and compare... Yes, I am going... always have been
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Sometime we will have to calculate the up times on our cars and compare... Yes, I am going... always have been

LOL.... IDK bout that, i'm going on my 3rd year, no issues but a trans leak that was a broken axle.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
That carrier cost me every bit of $16 That's counting all materials including paint and reflectors.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
And surprisingly.... no bailing wire or duct tape anywhere in sight! Wow!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

And surprisingly.... no bailing wire or duct tape anywhere in sight! Wow!

(he hid it well)

j/k
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
thick textured paint does wonders
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2010 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

thick textured paint does wonders

You mean, spray on undercoating? :P

I have everything I need to do a hidden hitch, except money to pay a welder. lol
PFF
System Bot
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
I will be there, but probably not with a fiero. They are conducting a mutiny. So, I'll probably be up there with my Impala.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet)
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (bella)
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1984whitesc:
I will be there, but probably not with a fiero. They are conducting a mutiny. So, I'll probably be up there with my Impala.

Glad to hear it Andrew! Will your Aaron be coming as well? Will you be camping, or getting a hotel in the area?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-03-2010).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Just ordered my brighter better headlights for my GT for the trip. Can't wait to get them and get them in and aimed. I will have to do the Relay mod though. They may draw quite a bit of power.

Hella Replacements for our cars so I can run the better bulbs. Silvania Silver stars just don't cut it. Can't see worth a flop after owning them a month. Been putting up with it for a while. Just don't venture into the dark much with the car. Now... There won't be ANY DARK.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity bump...
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
You guys know that tool box at lowes that has the built in pioneer radio and refrigerator? I bought one of those a year or so ago and it's been my pride and joy ever since.

Unfortunately I just sold it to fund the trip to frazee and to finish up the exhaust on the formula so we're not deaf when we get there....

This had BETTER be the best show ever! Lol
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2010 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post
Remember that tool box you had from Lowes?

They made more than 1............

You can buy another anytime, but there is only 1 First "Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show" !!!

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

Remember that tool box you had from Lowes?

They made more than 1............

You can buy another anytime, but there is only 1 First "Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show" !!!

Exactly.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
For those of us who would like to join you but can't for many reasons, we all ask (read demand) all the pictures and videos taken; good, bad, embarrassing, compromising or other wise be posted and available for our viewing. Those of us stuck elsewhere other than Frazee, do reserve the right to view all these videos and pictures, in the privacy of our own homes, and point and laugh out loud and wish we were there. Have a great time.

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 07-09-2010).]

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

For those of us who would like to join you but can't for many reasons, we all ask (read demand) all the pictures and videos taken; good, bad, embarrassing, compromising or other wise be posted and available for our viewing. Those of us stuck elsewhere other than Frazee, do reserve the right to view all these videos and pictures, in the privacy of our own homes, and point and laugh out loud and wish we were there. Have a great time.

I will need to confirm with my lawyers that this "request", as stated by you, Vernon8360 is legal. If so, then I wholeheartedly agree that embarrassing photos of everyone other than myself will be posted at once, including humorous captions that make a fairly innocent seeming image into something much much worse.

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
I'm not a lawyer but I've watched one on TV and I can assure you that our simple request, as stated, is perfectly legal. Trust me, I'm a professional.

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 07-09-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

I'm not a lawyer but I've watched one on TV and I can assure you that our simple request, as stated, is perfectly legal. Trust me, I'm a professional.

I'm not a lawyer ether, but I did grow up with my parents watching Matlock, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.. I will take your assurance at face value, and do my best to provide photos.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-09-2010).]

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
We all agree, you have made an excellent choice.

Seriously, have a great time and drive slow enough so people can admire both the car and the driver.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Chris.....

Since we are talking about photos..... Will you be setting up the web cam for those not in attendance?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Chris.....

Since we are talking about photos..... Will you be setting up the web cam for those not in attendance?

Most likely not.

We would need a steady wireless signal from a local business that would be strong enough to allow us to wander around and still keep a connection.

We would also need to purchase a "streaming" plan from the company that we went through for the Tyler Project. Not a cheap proposition.

I would love to be able to set something up for the show, but do not believe I will be able to.

Now, if I can get my hands on a video camera (digital in one form or another), I would gladly wander the show and film it, as well as the BBQ the night before, and have someone shoot the Parade on Sunday.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
I'll be able to shoot some video. I plan on bringing my camcorder. I can burn it to a disk and mail it to you for posting if you want or I can try to post some of it myself. My connection here is pretty slow.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2010 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I have a regular Sony Handycam camcorder, but even as small as it is is a pain to carry around everywhere. Thus, I just bought this little thing on Woot Side Deals a few days back for $40

It came today, and for what it is, it takes really decent video! I will have it with me for sure, as it will fit right in my back pocket.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-10-2010).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I just ordered another 10 person tent, and it is being "Shipped to Store" to be picked up in Detroit Lakes Walmart. I also ordered a sleeping bag and air mattress For $28 the sleeping bag and air mattress were worth picking up there instead of trying to lug the ones I have here on a plane

9 Days till I fly out WooHoo!!!!

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
This needs to be on page 1!

(in my best Scooby voice...) Rot Roo Raggy..... Time for a Brump!
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
I have my own tent that will be coming with me. According to the specs, sleeps 4... With me in it, it sleeps two.. So unless you are female, of legal age, and really cute, you should not expect to stay in my tent with me... Now, this is assuming my tent has not left my yard today, as I set it up to air it out and look for holes/damage. And the storms coming through here right now suck, to say the least.
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
I have one of those stupid huge 8 person tents at back home up in the rafters. I'll bring it. PM me if you have no place to stay and you don't snore or fart excessively. My girlfriend will be with me in part of the tent but we can share.

------------------
86GT Modded 3.4l V6/Getrag with Trueleo/Too many mods to list - 210WHP

1972 Honda CB350 Motorcycle For Sale - 80% NOS - 211 Miles

Want C5 Corvette Seats In Your Fiero?
Check out my guide!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081176.html

PM Me if you need:
Interior/Exterior Parts
Stock Switches/Bezels
Gauge Clusters
Body Panels
Fiero Rotor Hubs for Brake Swaps
Or custom fabricated parts! My prices are very low.

PFF
System Bot
ProudGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ProudGTClick Here to visit ProudGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to ProudGTDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there. Bringing my own one-man tent and bug zapper.
VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadDanceSkillz:

My girlfriend will be with me in part of the tent but we can share.

Really?

Is she HOT?

If so.........

Count me in !!!

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Really?

Is she HOT?

If so.........

Count me in !!!

...... someone had to say it......

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Really?

Is she HOT?

If so.........

Count me in !!!

I think so.

Seriously, I'm not a jealous type. Anybody is more than welcome to stay with us in one of the separate compartments, once again, provided you don't snore or fart excessively. Looks like Bobby and Steph might be sharing with us, though. We both have tents so if you really need a place to stay or want to save a lot of money, my offer stands provided Bobby doesn't take me up on it first.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadDanceSkillz:

I think so.

Seriously, I'm not a jealous type. Anybody is more than welcome to stay with us in one of the separate compartments, once again, provided you don't snore or fart excessively. Looks like Bobby and Steph might be sharing with us, though. We both have tents so if you really need a place to stay or want to save a lot of money, my offer stands provided Bobby doesn't take me up on it first.

She can stay in my tent, which will open your tent up for more people.. Just thought I'd offer.
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Ok, you guys been added to the list in the first post.

There will also be PLENTY of room, as DiyStu bought one, and I bought another of that huge tent in the first post of this thread. Stu also is bringing 2 other smaller tents for anyone to use. We will also get more tents on Friday, if it seems there will not be enough.

Everyone needs to just take care of their own sleeping bag, and air mattress if you want one. I got a sleeping bag and a air mattress at Wally for around $30 for the both of em. I will be donating them to the Boys and Girls club when we leave, instead of dragging them back home on the plane. Someone mentioned they can use donation like that.

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 07-14-2010).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
OHHHHH hell no !!!!!! You two can argue over the tent arrangements while i provide her with an air conditioned, bug free, room & comfy bed & room service ......i'll bring her back in the morning ( i promise )
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

OHHHHH hell no !!!!!! You two can argue over the tent arrangements while i provide her with an air conditioned, bug free, room & comfy bed & room service ......i'll bring her back in the morning ( i promise )

You make 3800 swap stuff don't you, PR? And I've been wanting a tier 3 headlight harness for a while, Synthesis. Hmmm.......;D

I wanted to have my swap done beforehand but it looks like it will happen afterward. I have all the parts and stuff but there just isn't time to get the engine here and in the car and get the car fixed up enough that I don't feel like a 19 year old loser with a crappy ol' 86 3.4l next to you guys with your fancy 88GT's and LSX swaps.

Next year I'll be coming in an 88GT T-Top with literally every single option and a 3800SC Series II swap with a Getrag so I won't feel so bad.

From what JohnWPB is saying, there are already enough tents, but if anyone else needs one I'm sure I can bring some more (As many as will fit in my trunk along with food/etc and the big tent for me and Olya)

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 07-14-2010).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I am seriously considering cancelling my room and camp out with everyone instead. The hotel is over 20 miles further than the Shipman's I would rather not have to sit in the car anymore than
I have to. The hotel is still 10 miles further north than the car show. Any advice from anyone? Chris
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock