Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  boomer SOONER or later -- return to the RED RIVER Ruckus! (October) (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
boomer SOONER or later -- return to the RED RIVER Ruckus! (October) by blakeinspace
Started on: 06-10-2010 01:46 PM
Replies: 216
Last post by: DIY_Stu on 10-18-2010 10:01 PM
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Jay, sorry to hear that.
Here`s to praying for a miracle that he may recover and prove the doctors wrong.
Mike
IP: Logged
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Jay... I wish you all the best. Hope the he does come through....

------------------
Steve
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L-V8
SmoothGT-II

2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Jay, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. I hope the doctors are wrong and that he makes a full recovery. Don't worry about what we think. Your heart is in the right place when you put your family ahead of anything to do with Fieros.

Heads up for those that will be traveling up I-35 out of the Dallas area.. The police have been having stepped up enforcement from Denton up to the Red river. I've been seeing up to 6 state troopers, a couple of county deputies. plus the locals for the various towns up through there. They have been working hard. Numerous stops often involving complete vehicle searches! Also the Denton locals have been setting up their lazer tripod with several chase cars in the their 55mph zone again.

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Jay, sorry to read about your wifes' kin. I hope that he recovers fully and that you guys are emotionally OK.

Mike, I am working on a trip plan... nothing firm yet... Probably meeting in Denton area around 1000... Hopefully you will miss most of the DFW traffic if we wait that late... though it may not leave a whole lot of time at Winstar.

Dave, I appreciate the police report. I attract po-po like flies on scat... always good to know. We will keep the caravan at mostly law abiding citizen speeds. Mostly.

Ron, thank you sir for keeping this thread bumped. I wish Kan-Tuck-EEE was closer.

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

fieroseblack

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Allready bought Cliff my beer of the month, caught up till November. I signed up for auto pay so he gets a beer a month. We should all do what we can.

See you all in OK, ok!

Mike Parker

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Ron, thank you sir for keeping this thread bumped. I wish Kan-Tuck-EEE was closer.

No Problem Blake, it is quite a ways, no doubt. Might be worth the trip if I could get one of those shirts with a pocket.

Ron
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Are you counting down the days???????? Thanks to the RUCKUS I have got two little tweeks done to DARKWING I was putting off. Cross drilled / slotted Rotors all around and front and rear LED side markers.

Mike Parker
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Wish I could make it. My girlfriend really wants to go on a fun trip in the Fiero (not to mention she actually "gets it" when it comes to the cruises with all the cars).
Mike has a contest that weekend, otherwise we would be there.
Have really missed y'all and am looking forward to becoming re-involved in the community.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

Wish I could make it. My girlfriend really wants to go on a fun trip in the Fiero (not to mention she actually "gets it" when it comes to the cruises with all the cars).
Mike has a contest that weekend, otherwise we would be there.
Have really missed y'all and am looking forward to becoming re-involved in the community.

I have a solution for you....Drive GF to Dallas, drop her off, I will let her ride with me to the show, you can stay for Mike's contest.....Damn I am good at coming up with soultion....On another note hope to see you at future events....
BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Direct Link to This Post
Well just found out today that I have friday off so I'll be heading north with the early group. Count me in for a shirt Blake!!

Sorry... I need the shirt in a Large. Thanks!!

[This message has been edited by BoostedSeries1 (edited 10-11-2010).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
did y'all see the weather forecast for Ardmore this weekend? Sunny and low 80's with night's in the mid 50's?!!... wow...
Jesus likes the Ruckus being in Oklahoma.
PFF
System Bot
AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

did y'all see the weather forecast for Ardmore this weekend? Sunny and low 80's with night's in the mid 50's?!!... wow...

That might be blasphemy... just say n... lol
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

That might be blasphemy... just say n... lol

I don't know, I asked my neighbor's hired hand, (I think he's legal.) Jesus said he didn't really care where the Ruckus was being held. Infact, he said he'd like to go as long as ICE isn't going to be there.

Edit: Oh yeah, anything new on those shirts with pockets?

Bump for a potentially great time.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 10-12-2010).]

AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
I don't know, I asked my neighbor's hired hand, (I think he's legal.).....

and i think this might be racial.... hahahahaha
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I asked my neighbor's hired hand, (I think he's legal.)
Bump for a potentially great time.

Ron

you mean he's older than 18?... Or is it 16 in your state...?
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

That's how Minnesota was when I tented it up there. 80's / 50's Made camping GREAT!
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
It doesn't look like I can get free this weekend. I have a room held in my name so if anyone is needing a room with a single bed (queen?) it is under my name. I will call and see about switching the name if anyone needs it. Don't worry about the cost, I just want to make sure it isn't going to waste.
BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Direct Link to This Post
Well it would be a shame if you couldn't make it. But if your room will be free I would be happy to use it. :-)
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
up for approval or suggestion... Friday's meet point and itenerary for any interested in joining with NTFC regulars.

@ 0945, LOVE's Truck Stop just North of Denton. 8900 Interstate 35, Denton, TX 76207 (hopefully this time will allow for most of rush hour traffic to clear, and the Love's is on the right hand side of the road)

@ 1000, leave Love's... drive North via I-35 and exit #1 for the WinStar in Thackerville, Ok

@ 1100, gorge on big buffet... drop a few coins if we choose

@ 1300, leave WinStar, drive I-35 North to the Arbuckle Wilderness, cost is $17 per person. Should get there at 1400, and they are open until 1700.
3 hours should give us enough time to see/do whatever they have to offer.

@ 1700, head South to the Lake Murray Lodge, unpack, check in, and meet up with other Ruckers who want to find food.
(if anyone wants to do something in Davis, it is only a few miles away at this point... here's a link to their Chamber of Commerce)
http://www.davisok.org/default.asp

Does this sound okay for most everybody?... I'd like to spend more time in Winstar... but that meant more traffic from DFW... and I wanted to spend enough time at the Arbuckle Wilderness to justify the entry fee... let me know what ya think!

Mike you still going to try and meet us?... I think so far definates are me, Tim, Tom, and Poe. Zach and Jim sounded like they wanted to go... not sure of their schedules though.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 10-13-2010).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
It might be more Ruckus than planned.

An earthquake has rattled parts of central Oklahoma. There are no immediate reports of damage or injury but the National Earthquake Information Center says some minor damage might be expected.

Geophysicist Don Blakeman said the earthquake struck at 9:06 a.m with a preliminary magnitude of 4.5. It was centered about 10 miles northeast of Norman.

Blakeman said the quake was felt as far away as Wichita, Kan.

KGOU in Norman reports that University of Oklahoma officials have cordoned off Dale Hall. Students, faculty and staff members are standing outside the campus classroom and office building

Posted by an Okla PFF'er
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/078963.html

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-13-2010).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69649 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Just checked, and my cabin reservation for some reason, didn't "stick", even tho I got confirmation several weeks ago when I made it. Should known something wasn't right when the debit didn't show up on my bank statement.
They're looking for me another one. Is there any other lodging in the near vicinity?
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Blake I plan on meeting up with you guys.
See ya`ll Friday morning.
Mike
BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Direct Link to This Post
I talked with Jim earlier and he is iterested in joining but as you said not sure of his schedule. It may be to early for him to meet up. Hopefully he can manage to get the car all loaded up on the trailer the day before.

Oh Blake. Did you see my shirt request? 1 large please. ;-)
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by BoostedSeries1:

Well it would be a shame if you couldn't make it. But if your room will be free I would be happy to use it. :-)

The room is now in your name! I sent a PM with additional info.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

We had a weekend scouting trip to Ardmore...
The lodge is pretty cool. Like stepping into a time warp. Gorgeous views... Awesome back porch... might even be able to use the fire pit Tom spied on the edge of the lake.
Cruise route looks real scenic... though around the lake, we WILL have to mind our P's & Q's... Park Service was all to eager to follow the 3 Fiero's in the lead of our scouting trip.
To start Saturday morning, attendees will roll down the lake at their convenience... about a mile or so, to the public beach ... then park and do our visiting with the lake right behind us. It should be fantastic.
Then do lunch, nice cruise around Lake Murray, then over to Turner Falls ($3/per person, we think)... then back to lodge for an unwind period,

I love lakes. Sounds to be a great Ruckus and cruise route.

Originally posted by cliffw:
I will be off the Ruckus but will have to evaluate my off time to see if I can get all my priorities done.
Looks more promising, :thumbs up:.

Sadly, I will not be able to make it. I was doing good but other things kept popping up. I would have to leave things unattended which should be taken care of and travel not well prepared, and I am not up for that. A special apology to the Oklahoma hosts whose abilities and exuberance to make most southern Texas events I hoped to match. Bummer. I worked in Oklahoma for three years, living in Moore, and never did see Turner Falls, .
By the way, we have a PFF member or two, in Moore and Norman. I do not recall them acknowledging the Ruckus.
I live just 30 miles west of fieroseblack (Mike Parker) and my Dad lives in the Boerne area. I will take him my T shirt payment and you can send it back with him. Mike, PM me your address and phone #.
Y'all have a great time. Looking forward to the recap thread.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
One more day!

Gonna be a GREAT time!

Sorry to hear that some of us will not be able to attend, they will be missed and thought of....

See most of NTFC tomorrow, and the OKC bunch tomorrow evening.

GO OK!

Jim
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
We'll be leaving very early tomorrow morning 00 dark thirty--before the buttcrack of dawn. I have to drop stuff off at my cousin's in NE Texas tomorrow, and tryurn thru there & pick some equipment up on the return home Sunday, so no Fiero this trip.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
for any attendees... Make sure to bring your FSR's!

Also... I need a buffalo nickel. You'll get it back... odds are in the same condition...
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Also... I need a buffalo nickel.

What year ? You do know that they redid them in '05, yes ? I have a few and can send one with fieroseblack. PM me why, since I won't be there. Mums the word, .
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

for any attendees... Make sure to bring your FSR's!

Also... I need a buffalo nickel. You'll get it back... odds are in the same condition...

Meant to get back to ya on that nickel----------I have 3 but uncirculated-- in protective plastic. Kinda like to keep them that way.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Guess I need to get off my azz and check my car over since I haven't driven it in some time.....Will be ready to go in the AM>..
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
I have a few and can send one with fieroseblack.

I meant some old ones.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
We will be leaving tomorrow PM after work. See ya up at the lodge.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
EVERYONE BE SAFE and have fun and post pics since Pam and I won't be there...
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
Hope to catch up with NTFC @ Winstar for Lunch.

Then to Lodge to get unloaded.

See ya then,

Jim
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

I gather you actually live close to this area?
You have a PM

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
if you want dew wipes i'll be bringing several sets with me. I'll have a laptop for paypal use if needed too.

see you there.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
<----- should be at the meetpoint a little before 1000...
BoostedSeries1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostedSeries1Send a Private Message to BoostedSeries1Direct Link to This Post
See Ya'll at the meet point!
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

I can not believe you said that....
Blake, being from Texas you already know that Jesus doesnt even like Oklahoma....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock