Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  boomer SOONER or later -- return to the RED RIVER Ruckus! (October) (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
boomer SOONER or later -- return to the RED RIVER Ruckus! (October) by blakeinspace
Started on: 06-10-2010 01:46 PM
Replies: 216
Last post by: DIY_Stu on 10-18-2010 10:01 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
reservation deadline expired yesterday, and the rooms have been freed up. Please contact the lodge to check availability.

If I remember correctly, the Model T Club is having an event that weekend also, so the now released rooms may go quickly.

Believe it or not... I will not be 'taking over their show.'
IP: Logged
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Stephen... You are right. I dont have a problem w/ you at all. Really, dont have that big of a problem w/ Blake either, other than what I said before... I know you have a line to walk as well... BLAKE, I dont need anyones number. Do I go to your meetings..?? NO Do I go to all or most shows..?? NO, just one as you stated... Forum Obligations..?? Thanks again for that low blow. You just keep doing what you are doing. I am done talking (for now anyways) about this.... Back to planning the fun ....
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I think if someone misses a show simply because they don`t have a Fiero is missing one of the good points of these events.
Usually, such as my situation they are "in between" Fieros.
But the simple truth is we all are huge Fiero fans and all of the people I have met over the last few years are great people.
This will be the second show I will attend without a Fiero and I enjoy the heck out of it.
I do enjoy taking a Fiero, especially when I have done mods, but for the time being I`m just happy seeing old friends and making new ones because I know, in the future I will be taking another Fiero to many shows to come.
Mike
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I think if someone misses a show simply because they don`t have a Fiero is missing one of the good points of these events.
Usually, such as my situation they are "in between" Fieros.
But the simple truth is we all are huge Fiero fans and all of the people I have met over the last few years are great people.
This will be the second show I will attend without a Fiero and I enjoy the heck out of it.
I do enjoy taking a Fiero, especially when I have done mods, but for the time being I`m just happy seeing old friends and making new ones because I know, in the future I will be taking another Fiero to many shows to come.
Mike

I understand the great friendship thing yall have going.... I am just saying that its not me w/out a Fiero.... I am not saying anything except, except it is Fiero Show/Gathering... Not a birthday party.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Blake we aren't in this "what evers goin on" stuff here. We just won't have the bucks for RRR this year.

We still want our T shirts though.
Joe & Cathy
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
I know U aint right now.....wanting to be the Derrick hand.....most shy away from that position...never took to my liking...

Now ? When was I ever, ?
Easiest job on the rig.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Just noticed jscott has not posted and I have not seen a post of his in a long while. Is everything good ?

Hey Cliff,

Thanks for the shout out...everything is fine, but the Fiero projects are on hold for another 6 months or so. By next summer I'll be back into it. Drink one for me, and the others who could not be there.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Hey Cliff,

Thanks for the shout out...everything is fine, but the Fiero projects are on hold for another 6 months or so. By next summer I'll be back into it. Drink one for me, and the others who could not be there.

AWWW man you mean you are not coming either..>WAY TO GO BLAKE.............Was hoping you would make this one since you missed the last show....
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

.......Was hoping you would make this one since you missed the last show....

He DID make the last Ruckus... I got visual proof.

Now as for him not making the last Round-Up... you need to blame some other president for that... Rob White or Obama or someone...
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
May I ask where the Rukus is going to be next year..?? I may have missed it, if I did I apologise. Thanks
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

May I ask where the Rukus is going to be next year..?? I may have missed it, if I did I apologise. Thanks

You don't wanna know!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

You don't wanna know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFW..???

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 09-19-2010).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Originally posted by maryjane:

10speeder---Ruckus is a yearly event, held each fall--in mid Oct. It's location rotates around various cities--dependant on who wants to host. This will be only the 2nd time in 9 years that it has been held outside the State of Texas. All that's required to hold it, is for someone to speak up, and basically say--"Hey--I want to host next year's Ruckus in my location" and it usually works out if no one else has previously spoken for that year. Next year's Ruckus (10th anniv) is spoken for I believe by Blakeinspace.

I WANT RUCKUS 2012 or 2013.

I am hoping that R X will be something unique while keeping up with the traditions and spirit of previous Ruckus events.

--- all except for the Po-Po tradition. I got popped in Jefferson, Lufkin, & Kerrville. JScott in Waco. cliffw for San Angelo. Makes for great stories that I'd just as soon not have the fortune to partake in.

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
--- all except for the Po-Po tradition. I got popped in Jefferson, Lufkin, & Kerrville. JScott in Waco. cliffw for San Angelo. Makes for great stories that I'd just as soon not have the fortune to partake in.

'Someone' also got pulled over on the River Road going to Gruen during an AAFO Roundup--maybe 2005?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

See 'ya at the Ruckus, maybe, .

Well, I got the position/promotion which does change my weekly schedule. I will be off the Ruckus but will have to evaluate my off time to see if I can get all my priorities done.
Looks more promising, :thumbs up:.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I hear there's a freezin rain cold norther blowin down near your rig Cliff and they're gettin ready to set the kelly back as soon as you drive up--just perfect for a derrickman like you.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
great news Cliff! Bring yer sweet young thing with ya!
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 03:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
Blake... Do you know if kevin is going or not..?? I sent him a PM after seeing him post a few times, but no reply yet...
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I have not heard from revin in quite some time.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Greetings from San Antonio,

Sharon and I have made our Lodge reservations and will be there. I see no reason DARKWING won’t make the trip. I need two, (2) XL shirts. Please let me know where I need to send the money for the shirts and/or any registration fees.

We will bring something for the SWAG BAYS. That’s a cool idea. The AAFO meets this afternoon and RUCKUS is a topic. I should have a feel for others who will make the trek back to OK.

Look forward to a great RUCKUS as usual.

Mike & Sharon Parker
10speeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-27-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 10speederSend a Private Message to 10speederDirect Link to This Post
Howdy Fierosblack,
Will ya'll be coming up I-35 when ya go to this ruckus thing? I think the wife and I would like to go with another fiero person just incase my car don't do real good.
Would that be possable to do? I could meet ya in Belton or Temple or maybe even Austin. I think we might go stay with revin on friday night so he can do some fixin' on the cars before we git on the road. He has not said anything in a while, we said something like that so I am not real sure yet.
Jay

------------------
1985 Fiero
farm livin' is the place for me.

PFF
System Bot
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
We have met up with Reven before on 35 north pass Austin. My wife would love to have as many femails as possible.

Mike Parker
fieroseblack@yahoo.com
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
... they're gettin ready to set the kelly back as soon as you drive up ....

My rig don't have a kelly, .
Well, I have this off week and the off week of the Ruckus to get it together and make it happen.
My brief reads of this thread have me recalling that rooms might be scarce and Texas beer is not allowed ?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

My rig don't have a kelly, .
Well, I have this off week and the off week of the Ruckus to get it together and make it happen.
My brief reads of this thread have me recalling that rooms might be scarce and Texas beer is not allowed ?

worms
Wooden derricks and men of iron had a kelly.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Top Drive is the way to go today. Very few rigs being built today have kellys. Energy companies want to contract top drives. The modernization of rigs is amazing. Rotating mouse holes, no cat heads, no geolographs, more computer screens than my house, joy stick controls.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I know what they are. Today's hands need all that easy to use stuff I'm sure.

Bump.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I got a call from Rob White the other night... he and his family are IN! May not be in a Fiero, but they are coming. He also said that he is working on getting Richard Lazer to go. He also said Clinton & Dottie Whitehead are probably coming. Many thanks to Rob for mentioning the show at the AAFO meeting, AND including the Ruckus in the AAFO newsletter. I am sure that monthly bulletin will reach many people that don't get on PFF.

Anyone heard from Scott and Ellen Anderson?... Ruckus won't be quite the same without 'em.

Mike, glad you and Sharon can come. Thanks for your interest in the swag bag game. I look forward to your... uhm... input.

Jay, if you can roll with revin, that is a good plan. I daresay there is few other people I would rather have wrenching on a Fiero.

I updated the attendee list on the first page. DIY-Stu is coming up, will probably be camping in a huge mansion like tent.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Got my swagbag stuff. I was gonna mail it to ya--but it's heavy. They are gonna raise some eyebrows for sure tho. Stainless steel goodies.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
So just how does one go about getting one of these shirts with pockets?

Ron

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

The threads in your briefs are scarce because of beer? What?
That's messed up!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

So just how does one go about getting one of these shirts with pockets?

Ron

well... wait until cliffW hosts one again down in Kerrville... and go.

Actaully, I love my shirt(s) with the pocket... very handy that....
I don't know what this years' shirts will look like. Not sure if they have a pocket or not. Tom is doing all that end of it.

IIRC, he said it was 3 or 4 color... and part of it was a map of Oklahoma showing a Fiero on the road... sounds cool.
PFF
System Bot
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
I'm dyin' to go to one of these, but there's always something in the way that's holding me back.
fieroseblack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroseblackSend a Private Message to fieroseblackDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

Sounds like is developing into a real Oklahoma RUCKUS. Sharon and I are looking forward to the trip and event. I know I have missed a couple over the years since the original “RED RIVER RUCKUS” and I always regretted it.
It has always been a great event put together by the hosting group / person. Counting down to the RUCKUS daily!

By the way Don, I figured a way around the OK beer, you just drink M O R E !

Mike Parker
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

well... wait until cliffW hosts one again down in Kerrville... and go.

Actaully, I love my shirt(s) with the pocket... very handy that....
I don't know what this years' shirts will look like. Not sure if they have a pocket or not. Tom is doing all that end of it.

IIRC, he said it was 3 or 4 color... and part of it was a map of Oklahoma showing a Fiero on the road... sounds cool.

Well dang, I'm really need'n one of those shirts with a pocket. Surely one of my Texas friends will come through for me.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
What the heck happened, I had to do a search to even find this thread.

Bump for a good event.

Ron
AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
fyi.... Me and GG are probably out...
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

fyi.... Me and GG are probably out...

/\ /\ /\

I just rechecked my reservation. It's still a go. See the rest of ya there

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Getting closer.....

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2010 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I`m really looking forward to this, although I will be in my truck, I think it will be a great time.
Does the North Texas convoy have a time or meeting place for the DFW area for next Friday?
I`m planning on heading out early from Austin to meet you guys up there.
Mike
10speeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 10speederSend a Private Message to 10speederDirect Link to This Post
Howdy,

I have to let y'all know. My wife's brother was involved in an auto / motorcycle accident. He is not expected to make it so say the doctors.
This is kinda stopping us from making this trip with you fellas. So I hope you don't mind, but I guess we will not make it this time. I hope to make it to some show with y'all some other time if that is ok.
Besides I will have more time to get my car lookin pretty for a show.
Sorry!

Jay

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock