Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  boomer SOONER or later -- return to the RED RIVER Ruckus! (October) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
boomer SOONER or later -- return to the RED RIVER Ruckus! (October) by blakeinspace
Started on: 06-10-2010 01:46 PM
Replies: 216
Last post by: DIY_Stu on 10-18-2010 10:01 PM
SMTHGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Woah! Dude, I gotta get ready!

SeRiOuS...??? That would be very cool to finally meet you. {{{PAGE~~OWNER}}}

[This message has been edited by SMTHGT (edited 06-12-2010).]

IP: Logged
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Well... if Nick comes... I guess we know who the 'distance' award goes to!

Just so I understand, you don't have to be in a Fiero to win that? Not that I care who wins what but, I always thought you had to be driving a Fiero.
Or, is Nick planning on driving?

Ron
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Just so I understand, you don't have to be in a Fiero to win that? Not that I care who wins what but, I always thought you had to be driving a Fiero.
Or, is Nick planning on driving?

Ron

Oh... I thought he might swing by Kentucky and pick up one of yours!

On the awards... well, the Ruckus is a different kind of show. There are no 'set' rules or format, per se. It is basically whatever the host wants to do... is what we all show up and do. So distance could be miles traveled... or miles traveled in a Fiero... or no award, host choice. Let me give you a recap of previous Ruckii (sp?)

R1 -- Lake Texoma, OK, traditional car show with a very un-traditional car games twist. Never seen anything like it... and has been used at other Ruckus.
R2 -- Jefferson/Caddo Lake, rolling event with poker run format. No games other than the poker run, but we did several 'activities'... like a pleasant day trip.
R3 -- San Angelo, show-n-shine with Rodeo (Fiero car games) done during the show. Cruise, including stop at a Vietnam memorial.
R4 -- Austin, show, cruise, terminating at a lake house for an evening of Rodeo games and boat rides. Only Ruckus to include a charity.
R5 -- Waco, judged show held in a museum parking lot. Cruise and then a double feature at an old fashioned Drive-In!
R6 -- Kerrville, back to the rolling show in the gorgeous Texas Hill Country. Awards and prizes in abundance. Lunch at a Motorcycle Museum.
R7 -- Lufkin, Rodeo games and show in the morning, Cruise and stop at an Indian burial ground. Costume contest on Sat night. Drag racing on Sunday.
R8 -- Baytown, show at the hotel in the morning. Stops at San Jacinto Monument and Battleship Texas. Fiero's on the beach by night.
R9 -- OKLAHOMA!

Sometimes there is a fee... sometimes not. Sometimes actvities cost money... sometimes its free. Sometimes awards, sometimes games, sometimes restuarant, sometimes a cookout. It is awesome... basically it is host discretion... and then the people show up... with or without Fiero's to help make the magic. Greatness.

And I mean it when I say each show has a different personality. Think about it... not only does your host vary... but look at those diverse locations... One is about half desert... and the other is a National Forest! You tailor your show to the scene. Previous hosts that have left their mark are: Cheever3000, JohnF & I, Don & Jane York (2x), Revin, Ken & Heidi, CenTexIndy, cliffw, NTFC, and now OKC. Tell me that aint a Community College poster of diversity.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Think about it... not only does your host vary... but look at those diverse locations... One is about half desert... and the other is a National Forest! You tailor your show to the scene. Previous hosts that have left their mark are: Cheever3000, JohnF & I, Don & Jane York (2x), Revin, Ken & Heidi, CenTexIndy, cliffw, NTFC, and now OKC.

/\ And, yup--these are the folks your mama warned you about when she spoke of falling in with bad companions.
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Well... if Nick comes... I guess we know who the 'distance' award goes to!

Woah! Time-out! If I didn't get the distance award at the 25th after flying from Japan AND bringing a Fiero, then there is no way we can let it go that easy. J/K Nick, we would love to have you. I know what it is like to plan for a trip of that magnitude. We will make sure to recognize your efforts.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
/\ And, yup--these are the folks your mama warned you about when she spoke of falling in with bad companions.

The only thing that's changed is who is doing the warning, used to be mom, now it's the wife. I still hear them but, haven't started listening.

Ron
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Any chance you had of me coming down for this went out the window with your little ditty, Blake....

How'd I miss this?...

What?... that stanza hit a little too close to home Mr. Speed?...
(BTW, I like the new avatar and member location!)
I'd love to have you down from Husker country, Wheatstock was in '04... so what?... 9 years, amigo?... far too long.

There have been a few requests to start firming up dates, I will call our hosts and see if they've got a closer idea.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 06-21-2010).]

30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

blakeinspace:How does that classic show song go?...

Something about some place North of Texas where atmospheric conditions traverse the landscape? ....

Where the skies are not cloudy all day.

BTW That's also Kansas's (someplace North of Texas) state song.

[This message has been edited by 30+mpg (edited 06-21-2010).]

Fiero_Adam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
I don't see any reason that I can't make it to this show. My car should be 'complete' by then, because our local car show is in September and it will be ready then. And even though this is going to be in Oklahoma, it will be a long drive for me, as I'm nearly in Kansas. Should be a fun roadtrip.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fiero_Adam (edited 06-22-2010).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Woah! Dude, I gotta get ready!

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

SeRiOuS...??? That would be very cool to finally meet you.

Actually, I don't know how serious I can be about it at this point. I might not still have my Fiero by then, but if I do it would be a budget decision as time draws nearer. But I posted as soon as I saw the location because that was one of the places I considered for a Ruckus when I was in TX, and got all excited about somebody finally hosting it there. Would look forward to meeting you too! And seeing all my TX & OK pards again (I was born & raised an Okie!).

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I've been to two of them. let's see if I can make it to a third. As long as it doesn't mess up my day of college football I should be in.

I'm back in Houston, all-be-it further South and West. Maybe I can get the long distance award this time...lol, doubt it.

If luck and persaverance prevails maybe I will have two Fieros there. Let's hope and pray. Can I get an amen?!
PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
AMEN.... Would love to finally meet you IRM... BUMP
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

------------------

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Can you teach me how to dougie?
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
**** First post editted to reflect date!
Start scheduling your time off folks... we'z gots us a date! Weekend of October 15th.

It will be a state run lodge, similar to what we had in Ruckus 1, Texoma (RIP, developers bulldozed the place and then left the area a wreck). The price will be affordable, and though the structure was built in the 50's... accomodations should be fine for our needs... and if I understood Tom correctly... the scenery will be real nice. They also have a few cabins, (if they are available)... you can sleep like 2-12 souls...if you'd rather go that route.

Please note, the date and lodging is firm.

Thanks for the continued interest.... Having the event in Oklahoma seems to be be generating a buzz from states and friends I have not seen in a long time!
It's hot... I can't wait for October!

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-02-2010).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

... Texoma (RIP, developers bulldozed the place and then left the area a wreck).

* GASP *
Sacrilege!!!
That place was like going back in time, to like the 50's or something.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
updated first post to reflect lodging info!

(thanks Tom, OKC Fiero Club)
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Tom,
So--lodging is definitely firm?

Please note, the date is firm... but as of this moment, the lodging is only probable... I just got excited by what I was hearing and wanted to share.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-25-2010).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

updated first post to reflect lodging info!

(thanks Tom, OKC Fiero Club)

yes, lodging firm and contract signed. Post duly noted and the word 'probable' removed above. thanks!

BTW... it is me, blake, making the post, ...Tom compiled the info and sent it to me. I made it reader friendly and added links and pics.
As it was mostly his legwork and wording, I felt wierd copy/pasting without acknowledging where it came from.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Ok, got it. I gets confused on who's typing when and doing what.

Has this place been 100% cleared of zombies and chupacabras? Should I bring my sks?

What does this mean? Why are there 2 prices for each cottage--ie $48/53?

COUNTRY COTTAGE for 2: sleeps 2 , carpet, bathroom, kitchenette, picnic table with a grill - $ 48/53
COUNTRY COTTAGE for 4 - one bedroom, living area, sofa sleeper, kitchenette, picnic table W/ grill - with a fireplace is $ 75/80: (with out fireplace is $ 70/75.)

And COMPLETELY off topic, but from your link, that website suggests girlfriend gathering in Ardmore

Would that just 'happen' to be going on the same weekend in Oct as RRR?????

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-26-2010).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

maryjane

69649 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Looks like you can make reservations online as well--I'll try it during working hrs tomorrow.
https://www.myfidelio.net/webui/AvailabilitySearch.aspx?chain=OSP&property=OSML

(dunno why the link didn't highlight. Just click on "booking website" near top center of their mainpage.)

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-26-2010).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2010 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Bump from pg 3. Speak up folks--someone somewhere in the darkness, is trying to decide how many shirts to order --what sizes, and how many can/might/will attend.

one xl and 1 lg for Jane & I.
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I put in the other Thread but will do here also......I will be making the event..........1 XL shirt or XXL if they are going to make them......

Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
I will be making the event also,

Please put me down for one XL and one Med T-shirts.

Jim
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
I won`t be in a Fiero, but I will be there.
1 XL shirt please if someone is taking a head count.
Reservation made.
For those of you who don`t know, they do charge you one night deposit when you reserve.
Mike

[This message has been edited by TXGOOD (edited 07-28-2010).]

10speeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-28-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 10speederSend a Private Message to 10speederDirect Link to This Post
What do we need to bring? Is this a yearly thing? When will it come back into Texas?
Not sure you would want to see my car right now, chickens pooped all over it ha ha Also, I don't think I could make it anyways.
Can I get a shirt even if I don't go? How much are the shirts if you do have them? Could I have someone like Revin pick it up for me? Would you do that for me Revin?

thank ya,
Jay

------------------
1985 Fiero
farm livin' is the place for me.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
10speeder---Ruckus is a yearly event, held each fall--in mid Oct. It's location rotates around various cities--dependant on who wants to host. This will be only the 2nd time in 9 years that it has been held outside the State of Texas. All that's required to hold it, is for someone to speak up, and basically say--"Hey--I want to host next year's Ruckus in my location" and it usually works out if no one else has previously spoken for that year. Next year's Ruckus (10th anniv) is spoken for I believe by Blakeinspace.

I WANT RUCKUS 2012 or 2013.

Yes, I am fairly sure you can get a shirt if you do not attend, but please state size and qty so the organizers can get an approx count.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 07-28-2010).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Blake anyone running point on the T shirts?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Blake anyone running point on the T shirts?

I talked to Blake last night re a PM he sent, passed on the qty/sizes etc info from last RRR, and Tom in Okla is getting the shirt order info together.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Ok, I want to order one Xtra Large, and one Medium..

Don, good to hear from you .
Joe
10speeder

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2010 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 10speederSend a Private Message to 10speederDirect Link to This Post
wow these threads sure move down the page fast! took me a while to find it again.
ok thank you Don!
I would like a XL shirt. now how or where to hand the dough over?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
That and more info will be forthcoming 10speeder--right now, they just need a head count (approx) and sizes and quantities. Just be patient, and keep watching this thread for Blake or Tom's posts. I am not a co host, have no connection to the event other than being a very excited attendee, and I have no inside info, so just keep tabs on this thread and rest assured everything is being planned and nailed down up in Oklahoma, and info will be posted as things are finalized.

Oklahoma or bust Oct 2010!!
PFF
System Bot
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to try and sched that weekend off so my wife (medium) and I (XL) can attend.

Edit: Most likely will come up Sat AM and stay Sat night. My Friday night is full til after 8 p

Edit again: Coming up Fri evening now. Got reservations for 2 nights

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 08-09-2010).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
will be updating first post to show people that said they were coming, and add some shirt info...

Don, I hear you loud and clear for R11 or R12... glad to have the volunteer!
Also, in one post on page 1, you mentioned you wanted an XXL & L, and on page 2, it was just an XL & L...
You go on a diet?

j/k ya... lemme know which you prefer. I hadn't called Tom yet with the results of the T-Shirt prodding.
Poe... did you want to get one for the boy(s)?

I am glad to read you guys are booking rooms!... I will be booking mine soon!

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 08-02-2010).]

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

will be updating first post to show people that said they were coming, and add some shirt info...

Don, I hear you loud and clear for R11 or R12... glad to have the volunteer!

Tentative volunteer. That would be #3 for me---obviously if someone who has not hosted yet really wants one of those slots, I will gladly acquiesce.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Tentative volunteer. That would be #3 for me---obviously if someone who has not hosted yet really wants one of those slots, I will gladly acquiesce.

Well, I'd love to volunteer to host but I just don't think an event called the Kentucky River Ruckus had any ring to it and hosting the Red River Ruckus in KY just doesn't sound right.

Ron
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Me and GG (if the darn tranny will STOP leakin...), again, are in, dont know if I'll have another with me... but, 2 shirts, both XL..

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 08-03-2010).]

Fiero_Adam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
I will need a medium on the t-shirt. If they aren't pre-shrunk or the sizes run small, I'll need a large.
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Can you change my name from a "I" to a lower case "l"? Also I want a 2x shirt and I need one for Stimpy too, whatever size he says. What is the registration fee and is there an OKC caravan? If so, we can use my house as a jumping off point if needed. I am in Moore, just a couple miles off of I-240 and I-35. Ardmore is roughly 90 minutes from my house down I-35.

------------------

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Can you teach me how to dougie?
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep from getting lost
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
A Scouting trip is a GO for this weekend, August 28th.

We'll be meeting the Myer's at IHOP in Ardmore... probably around 2-3p. We'll talk about scheduling, resturaunts, cruise, maybe check out the hotel, Ruckus games, shirts, cars, visit, stuff... Feel free to join!

Anyone interested in meeting our Fiero friends up near Turner Falls for a pre-Ruckus organizational meeting are welcome to join me, Tom, and Mark. We are taking Tom's Suburban.

NTFC has a club meeting that day, and I talked to Mark, he said we could leave cars at his house, so they won't stay at Pappas. His place is right off the highway.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock