Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  SOFA & GTA or anyone else that's interested Fiero Show within a Show (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
SOFA & GTA or anyone else that's interested Fiero Show within a Show by Dave E Bouy
Started on: 05-11-2010 05:39 PM
Replies: 41
Last post by: CheshireGrin on 06-08-2010 06:12 PM
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
Hello all:
For the past number of years Mr. Steve Plunkett has been holding a spectacular car show on his private estate near London. http://www.fleetwoodcountry...n.com/2010/2010.html This show draws SPEED Channels CAR CRAZY show and MY CLASSIC CAR. Mr. Plunkett has a personal collection of Cadillacs that I'm sure is second to none, all on display with many very rare models on display as well. I have been to this show twice and one thing that has always struck me is that a number of car clubs present their cars as a group whether it's Corvettes, T-Birds, Mustangs, Studebaker or what ever. I have always thought that it would be great to have a group of Fieros there but there has always been a cut off of 1985 or older. However I saw on the cruise website that Steve may make exceptions if you contact him, so I emailed him explaining what I was interested in and he called me back personally. He was very enthusiastic about having all year Fieros at his show. He said he loved Fieros, they were unique and very cool. In fact he said he was just in Niagara Falls where he saw a really "wild" Fiero (could that have been FIERO2M8). So the word has gone out to those in charge of admissions that any Fieros would be exempt from the 1985 and older rule. So what I had in mind was having anyone interested in showing their Fiero at this show meet at the old meeting ground (the ballpark in Lambeth) at say 8.00ish or 8.30ish the morning of Saturday June 5th and we could all cruise over to the show, about 15 minutes away, together. Is anyone else interested in doing this? If so post it on here and we'll set it up!

Dave
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Fieros will be avoided on 'my classic car', denis gage hates them.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050818-1-051571.html

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...040223-1-031287.html

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 05-11-2010).]

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
If you wait until 8am, you'll never get your car in. You need to be at Plunkett's at 5:30 or 6am. That is the reason we never tried to organize it from London. By the time guys drive in from 1 - 2 hrs away, it is a real early morning.

My car won't be ready for a show this year, too many upgrades on the go. I think, though, that Rollinredfiero would be a really good candidate, as would DaveEBuoy and Brian. If any of the GTA guys could get up at say 3am...... there are a few cars that would fit right in. Again though, it is definitely an early bird event.

Arn
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

If you wait until 8am, you'll never get your car in. You need to be at Plunkett's at 5:30 or 6am. That is the reason we never tried to organize it from London. By the time guys drive in from 1 - 2 hrs away, it is a real early morning.

My car won't be ready for a show this year, too many upgrades on the go. I think, though, that Rollinredfiero would be a really good candidate, as would DaveEBuoy and Brian. If any of the GTA guys could get up at say 3am...... there are a few cars that would fit right in. Again though, it is definitely an early bird event.

Arn

I have spoken to Mr. Plunkett and what you are relating is a problem they had 4 years ago. I have been to this show twice since then and have rolled in and out with out a hitch and that was arriving at around 9.00 a.m. So I'll raise it again. Is anyone interested in going to this show as a group?

Dave
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I might be interested in going! I know I'll be in london the weekend before, so I might be able to make it back for the next weekend. Do you need to register for this, or just show up?
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
i'm not sure yet if i'll be able to make it to this (yet!!!), but will see,

i'll post it on the GTA forum asap for the others to see...

if my plans change, then i'll be in...need details though (registration/fee etc?)
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
OK here's the deal! There is NO registration fee for cars! there is a $10.00/person admission charge for you and any passenger you may have. All proceeds are going to charity. They expect around 3000 thats three thousand cars!
87spyder

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
Well guys,
The car that Steve Plunkett was referring to in Niagara Falls was my Convertible. My friend Greg and I met with him at a place called "Auto Dream", My car has been on display there for a while. I'll be picking it up this weekend to bring her home. I will be attending the Plunkett show with Greg, as he is the distributor for a line of car haulers for Canada. Check out his website,
http://www.cartoys4oldboys.com/ and you can see what I mean. It's called the " K C Slider". The convertible will be on display on the trailer and we will be at the Plunkett show from Thursday before the show, setting up, through the weekend. I hope you can all make it out!!! We'll have a ball!! See you there......Lothar

------------------
1988 Fiero GT (Stock)
1987 Fiero Coup Convertible 3.8 S.C.

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
good stuff Lothar! i may see you there then.
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
Well it sounds like there are a few takers. Once this thing gets closer we'll firm up a meeting place and time.

Dave
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear the arrival time issue is resolved.

This is the biggest car show in this part of the country. Barry Meguiar is a likely attendee as are a whole bunch of VIP's from all over North America. The show is absolutely first rate. Be sure to try to stay over night in town because he has a stage show at night that is second to none.

I know my car won't be ready, but it is worth a long drive and the price of a hotel for anyone.

Arn
PFF
System Bot
vortecfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2010 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post
anyone got a date for this shindig ?
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vortecfiero:

anyone got a date for this shindig ?

No I'm bringing my wife LOL. And just in case you meant something else, it's June 5th

dave
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
Damn i really hope my car will be done in time for this.. would be an awesome first ever show with my own car..

Ryan
RollinRedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RollinRedGTSend a Private Message to RollinRedGTDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave E Bouy!!!
Was havin coffee with The Mad Cow (Rich- Yellow Fastback) last night and we'll represent Fieros for London weather permiting!! I think we are the only two London Fiero owners that meet for coffee regularly and attend any local shows we've noticed in the past.
Look forward to seeing you and Sue B Doo on June 5th!! Lets hope for sunshine!

------------------

1985 Fiero GT

Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RollinRedGT:

Hey Dave E Bouy!!!
Was havin coffee with The Mad Cow (Rich- Yellow Fastback) last night and we'll represent Fieros for London weather permiting!! I think we are the only two London Fiero owners that meet for coffee regularly and attend any local shows we've noticed in the past.
Look forward to seeing you and Sue B Doo on June 5th!! Lets hope for sunshine!

Excellent Scott. It'll be good to see you guys
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
TTT
gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
Dave E Bouy
Talking about this last night at the Burlington Mall cruise night. I'm in for sure as I've always wanted to go to this show and never been! We'll try to get a posse together and cruise up to meet you guys so that we can all roll in together! Without the London Show this year, this will be a great opportunity for the Fiero community in both Canada and the US to show off our rides. Let us know the meeting spot. BTW, as long as Steve Plunkett thinks our rides are cool, who gives a damn what Dennis Gage thinks!
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gaas88:

Dave E Bouy
Talking about this last night at the Burlington Mall cruise night. I'm in for sure as I've always wanted to go to this show and never been! We'll try to get a posse together and cruise up to meet you guys so that we can all roll in together! Without the London Show this year, this will be a great opportunity for the Fiero community in both Canada and the US to show off our rides. Let us know the meeting spot. BTW, as long as Steve Plunkett thinks our rides are cool, who gives a damn what Dennis Gage thinks!

Excellent news Gene and you're right to heck with Mr. Gage. I'll firm things up about a meeting place and time a week or so before the show!

Dave

Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
bump
CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
Dave which car(s) would you bring? if possible could we go for a spin while at this event? same goes to anyone who has modified thier fiero ( poly , engine swap etc) i am really trying to get a good feel for what upgrades actually mean as far as in the car experience.
Thanks again
Ryan
PFF
System Bot
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

Dave which car(s) would you bring? if possible could we go for a spin while at this event? same goes to anyone who has modified thier fiero ( poly , engine swap etc) i am really trying to get a good feel for what upgrades actually mean as far as in the car experience.
Thanks again
Ryan

Only my supercharged Fiero is anywhere near show worthy Ryan and if we can swing it I'd be happy to take you out for a spin.

Dave

CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
bump for good luck in getting my car done in time
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

bump for good luck in getting my car done in time

Whats being done? Got any pics of it? I'm not sure if I've seen yours. Red with grand am rims? ...or am I thinking of another?

Looking forward to the show!

Rich

------------------

Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2010 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
OK guys here's the latest and the greatest. We will meet at the ballpark in Lambeth just like the good old days. Meeting time will be 8.00 a.m. looking to depart at 8.30 a.m. for Plunketts which is just a 10 minute drive from there. For those that aren't familiar with the old ballpark you can find it at 4232 CAMPBELL ST N LONDON ON N6P 1S7 I will also include this mapquest link
http://www.mapquest.com/map...3448&geocode=ADDRESS Hope to see a lot of you this weekend. Right now the forecast isn't the greatest but I will be at the ballpark regardless.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave E Bouy (edited 05-31-2010).]

CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 04:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
the red one with grand am rims was my 86 GT that i sold and have been kicking myself for ever since. I have an 86 Coupe now that needed the cradle replaced. Ruby red Fiero has been doing most of the work with me assisting when i can Im really hoping i will be able to bring it up in time.. Car should be coming home today.

Ryan
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
You are lucky to have Rubyredfiero handy for the cradle job. I can't think of a better qualified guy to help.

I'd love to see his GT350 at a show. BTW, I likely won't be at this one. I'm spending a fair bit of time on this new exhaust.

Arn
CheshireGrin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2010 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
RubyredFiero is an outstanding mechanic and i am so thankful to have had his help. I know that it is done right. So im hoping for a miracle so that i can go but right now its not looking too good.. as soon as i went to bleed my clutch slave the casting cracked... i have a new one ordered and it will porbably be here in time but the car also needs to be safited and transferred over to my name as well as appraised (stupid ontario rules..) so im doing all that i can to make it but its looking dim.. when is the next area show?

Ryan
gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
Dave E Bouy - looks like I won't be able to make it. My car has been out of action for the past week. Alternator, fried battery, and the seal around the harmonic balancer is leaking like a sieve. Hope you guys have a great day!!

Gene
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post
Well... providing I get my car back today as I'm told I will (some paint being fixed up) ....I'll be there. Weather is saying 40% chance of rain in afternoon and evening... so that's not bad. Should be fun.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
How many will show up if it turns out to be a rain day?
PFF
System Bot
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

How many will show up if it turns out to be a rain day?

Speaking for myself.... if its going to rain all day I doubt I'll go, as much as I want to. They've been changing the bloody forecast every couple of hours so who knows what its going to do. I'll decide in the morning when I look at the sky . I pulled my car out of the shop incomplete for the sake of going, so it better be reasonable weather!
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Don't be too quick. Remember the London weather office tracks from Lake Erie to Tobermoray.

If you look at the radar, the rain is tracking north of the city. It will likely be clear in London and raining in Lucan.

Arn
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Don't be too quick. Remember the London weather office tracks from Lake Erie to Tobermoray.

If you look at the radar, the rain is tracking north of the city. It will likely be clear in London and raining in Lucan.

Arn

I hope youre right Arn. I'll be checking the radar in the morning. I've been looking forward to this show, so hopefully it holds off.
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gaas88:

Dave E Bouy - looks like I won't be able to make it. My car has been out of action for the past week. Alternator, fried battery, and the seal around the harmonic balancer is leaking like a sieve. Hope you guys have a great day!!

Gene

Thats too bad Gene. Hope you can get it sorted out before too long!
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Dave E Bouy

1465 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by The MaD cOw:

I hope youre right Arn. I'll be checking the radar in the morning. I've been looking forward to this show, so hopefully it holds off.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Me too!

The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post
I've lost faith in meteorologists. See you guys at the ballpark
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post

The MaD cOw

558 posts
Member since Feb 2009
A few pics for those that werent able to make it.

Fieros on display:

A New York fiero owner that made the trip:

Plenty of other spectacles:
The house, helicopters, amphibious cars, hot rods, etc etc

Great time.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Nice pictures, I'll post some of mine up soon. I just have to get my gf to email them to me.

Good to see you guys again!
RollinRedGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RollinRedGTSend a Private Message to RollinRedGTDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chris good to see you again too, as well as others with their Fieros. It was an awsome day, and I was surprised at how many people were checking out our Fieros. Here's a few pics I took while I was there!

I think we all had a little mud to clean off after the trip in! lol Seemed like mud boggin goin out, whatever ya do don't stop them wheels from spinnin on the way out!!

The Three Amigo's!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock