Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  My Classic Car, Are they gonna be at the 20th?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

My Classic Car, Are they gonna be at the 20th? by Tabs31
Started on: 07-12-2003 06:34 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: Fiero38SC on 07-13-2003 10:05 PM
Tabs31

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
I just finished watching my classic car on speed network and thought it would be a cool idea for them to do a show at the 20th ani show.

Anybody have any clue if they are gonna be there?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Muddy2

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2003 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Muddy2Click Here to visit Muddy2's HomePageSend a Private Message to Muddy2Direct Link to This Post
Dennis Gage said the fiero was a worthless car basicly. If I rememebr he said it was a complete mistake by GM.

------------------
Ray - rturner@fieronews.com
The Ultimate Fiero Site - FieroNews.com - The Wrestling Net

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
All the more reason for them to come to the 20th--so they can be proven wrong .

------------------
Brad
86 GT 5 speed
Aren't all Fieros project cars?

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
OUCH! Doesn't that hurt.

[This message has been edited by Tabs31 (edited 07-12-2003).]

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Muddy2:

Dennis Gage said the fiero was a worthless car basicly. If I rememebr he said it was a complete mistake by GM.

That's right, It's the best mistake that they ever made!

------------------

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Dennis Gage.................! I hate that guy!!! Just the mention of his name makes me want to grab each end of that handle bar mustache and give it a real jerk!
Denny

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post
I have no love for the guy. Tried a few times to get MCC to our shows, thought we had it made when we started the Dutch Classic at Zinn's, since Chris Zinn is a close friend of Dennis Gage (MCC even did a special on Chris and his AMX), but Dennis pretty much told Chris there was no way he was going to cover Fieros.

So, screw him, I say! We don't need him!

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
So, who's MCC's competition? Someone needs to cover this show, and it might as well be his competition.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Muddy2:

If I rememebr he said it was a complete mistake by GM.

You have to remember that this guy thinks almost ANY car newer than the 60's is junk.
If you recall, mid-late 70's cars were all powered by low performance smog motors.

In fact, I think he feels any car that doesn't fit the category of "factory muscle car" isn't worth covering.

------------------

1987 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 07-12-2003).]

Roylmohr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RoylmohrSend a Private Message to RoylmohrDirect Link to This Post
I think he doesn't like any car newer than the end of his mustache. I think he started growing it in 1958.
wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post
What about shows like Motoring 2003 or any sport compact shows? I know the sport compact shows usually cover imports but a Fiero could definitely be considered a sport compact, I mean it's compact (small) and its sport (sports car) !
PFF
System Bot
Xantavar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2003 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XantavarSend a Private Message to XantavarDirect Link to This Post
Yeah...it sounds like this guy is a real jerk.

I was wondering if we could get someone in there to cover the 20th anniversary. Maybe motorweek? Hmmm...Any other shows on cars that comes on national television?

I really loathe the stereotype.

Tigger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TiggerSend a Private Message to TiggerDirect Link to This Post
How can you make fun of the guy, really?

You can't just draw a handlebar mustache on his picture, he's already got one.

Here's some pics I took.

His show is geared towards more vintage classic cars and yes some muscle cars and vettes. That's his thing, some like it, and I don't care. The coolest thing I remember from that show was when he rode with Leno in that old steam powered car.

If he actually said the Fiero is a worthless car, awe well. So he's not into a car that's at the beginnings of becoming a "classic" car.

The big hurdle I see in the near future for the Fiero to be largely recognized as a classic is that it doesn't look 20 years old... and that is fine with me.

------------------

T-T-F-N, Ta Ta For Now!
Tigger's Fiero Page

[This message has been edited by Tigger (edited 07-13-2003).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
He talked to one of my club members a couple of years back at a "All Pontiac show"... And had the nerve to ask "So yours didn't catch fire yet?" What a f-ing a$$hole. I wanted to rip that "handle bar" off his upper-lip.

And they video taped the carshow and told use when it would air, so I watched it they never showed "one" fiero, but i seen all the other Pontiac's that were there.

screw he and his show!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 07-13-2003).]

fierogt3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3Send a Private Message to fierogt3Direct Link to This Post
Yeah that guy is an old POS.....but he did close his show on my buddy's Auburn kit. He likes whatever is older than his stash.
Rhino88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhino88gtClick Here to visit Rhino88gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rhino88gtDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree with everyone here but his opinion of the fiero is not that much different than most other people out there who haven't been "enlightened" yet of how great fieros are in there own way. The only difference with this guy is he has a national TV spot to blow his horn on. When it comes to his mustache, ive been trying to figure that thing out for years now. I mean i swear ive seen Harleys with handle bars smaller than that thing!!
88Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Fiero2M4Click Here to visit 88Fiero2M4's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post
I was watching a show on Speed channel once I cant remember wich one but they were talking about the MR2 and they said it had one of the highest weight to Power Ratio second to only the Fiero in its class
I wish I could remember wich show.... I think it was that pep boys show High Rev Tuners.... I think that is the show you guys should try to get the Attention of cause the Fiero was the First real High Rev tuner of the Compact Sport Class, where is the attention for that.

------------------
Don Pottorff
Red 88 Fiero 2M4
Silver 86 Fiero 2M4

[This message has been edited by 88Fiero2M4 (edited 07-13-2003).]

Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post07-13-2003 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindDirect Link to This Post

How about Hi-Rev Tuners, Super Tuners TV, Car and Driver TV, Motorweek or Motor Trend TV? All good car related shows BTW.
wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't find any contact information for Hi-Rev Tuners, but I sent an email to Motor Week about the show with information on the location, dates and even which prototypes will be there. I also included a link to the CFOG-i website so they can go there for more info. I will eagerly await a reply from them although it is a little short notice. Maybe everybody here should email them about the show, if they see interest, they're more likely to cover the show.
wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post

wpgfiero

1099 posts
Member since Oct 2002
Oh and Cheever3000, should I include in an email something about a specific person to contact if they're interested in covering the show? Because I'm not a part of organizing the show or anything, just another Fiero lover who would like to see some TV coverage for this once in a life-time show.
Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Did you read the column by David E. Davis in Automobile magazine a couple of years ago? Basically the same reaction, "why are there so many Fiero owners so dedicated to their cars even thogh the cars are no good," was the gist of it. I no longer let this bother me.

Ira

PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Here are the magazines that were contacted, but we don't know if any of them intend to be there...

Auto News
Auto Revista
Auto Week Online
Auto.com
Automobile Quaterly
Automoble Mag
Automotive Times
Canadian Classics
Canadian Driver
Car and Driver
Car Collector
Car Show News
Custom Rodder
Drive OnLine
Edmunds Car Shows
GM Hich Tech Performance
Hemming Motor News
Kir Car .com
Kit Car Online
Low Rider
Motor Trend
Pontiac Enthusiast
Pontiac High Performance
Popular Hotrodding
Popular Mechanics
Ride and Drive
Road & Track
Sports Compact Car
Street Rodder
The Auto Channel
USA Auto News
Woman Motorist
Pontiac Historic Events
www.fieronews.com

TV

Dream Car Garage(Speed)
HorsePower TV(TNN)
Hot Rod TV
Meguiar's Car Crazy(Speed)
Motor Week
Motoring 2003 TV(TSN)
My Classic Car(Speed)

Originally posted by wpgfiero:

Oh and Cheever3000, should I include in an email something about a specific person to contact if they're interested in covering the show?

Sure, send them to me. My cell # is 281-636-9595.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 07-13-2003).]

88Fiero2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Fiero2M4Click Here to visit 88Fiero2M4's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88Fiero2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monza76:

Did you read the column by David E. Davis in Automobile magazine a couple of years ago? Basically the same reaction, "why are there so many Fiero owners so dedicated to their cars even thogh the cars are no good," was the gist of it. I no longer let this bother me.

Ira

I get the same reaction from my friends till I take them out for a ride and show them just what the car can do. I have even let a few drive it and they were as hooked as me.
they pretend sometimes they dont like it but I can tell its just a surade and they do really like the car

------------------
Don Pottorff
Red 88 Fiero 2M4
Silver 86 Fiero 2M4

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
I would just say to his face that he is not a 'true car nut' like he says he is...as a person that is a 'true car nut' like all makes, models and years of cars. He is your typical waste of skin that thinks the world revolves around him.

wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:
Sure, send them to me. My cell # is 281-636-9595.

Will do!

Jack Cooke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack CookeSend a Private Message to Jack CookeDirect Link to This Post
I have contacted "Sports Car International" magazine and they said that they were not able to give full coverage to the event but would present a small coverage in their magazine.
Fiero38SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2003 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero38SCSend a Private Message to Fiero38SCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xantavar:

Yeah...it sounds like this guy is a real jerk.

I was wondering if we could get someone in there to cover the 20th anniversary. Maybe motorweek? Hmmm...Any other shows on cars that comes on national television?

I really loathe the stereotype.

Just remember that the next time you reach for that can of Pringles. Yes, that is him. He is the creator of Pringles.

Constantine? I did a summer intern at E.L. Nickel in Constantine while going to Tri-State in Angola, IN. That was in 93? Boy I feel older.

------------------

85 SE 2M6 "Fiero Addiction"
85 SE SC3800 Series II 5-Speed

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock