Started on: 05-05-2005 02:08 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: sonic50 on 05-06-2005 09:50 PM
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
The episode of "My Classic Car" that was shot at the Autos of the
World car show in RI is supposed to be aired the week of May 8th. I
don't know if there was any footage taken of the Fieros that were
there but there is always hope for a fleeting glimpse of the group
that attended
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroLinks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
Someone with a Tivo or DVR needs to capture this show, just in case.

-FieroLinks

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
From the archives:

Denny... "I have no love for the guy. Tried a few times to get MCC to our shows, thought we had it made when we started the Dutch Classic at Zinn's, since Chris Zinn is a close friend of Dennis Gage (MCC even did a special on Chris and his AMX), but Dennis pretty much told Chris there was no way he was going to cover Fieros.
So, screw him, I say! We don't need him!"

Gage was at the 1st GM Nationals in Carlisle back in 2001 - badmouthed and then ignored the Fieros as I recall...

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 05-05-2005).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Someone print out a life size cutout of Dennis Gage and lay it on the ground in front of the registration tent for everyone to wipe their feet on
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Someone print out a life size cutout of Dennis Gage and lay it on the ground in front of the registration tent for everyone to wipe their feet on

Or lay it in the road for everyone to drive over and have their car's picture taken.
Maybe with a MCC logo, too.

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Look they have a forum

http://www.myclassiccar.com/forum/

The largest category is "For Sale" with 51 posts.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 05-05-2005).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
A few years ago, he came to the local POA/POCI show here. He did a very nice interview with one of our members, on his beautiful black 88GT t-top. When they finally aired that episode...absolutely NO footage of the Fiero, or of the owner.

Someone ought to set that mustache of his on fire....

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Look they have a forum

http://www.myclassiccar.com/forum/

The largest category is "For Sale" with 51 posts.

The second best thing we could do is bombard them with tons of Fiero related threads, showing there is an interest and forcing him to see Fieros.

The best thing to do is ignore the site and Denis and be proud of our cars and show them off everywhere we can. The opinion of one media 'star' means nothing to me and I'm sure most others here.

------------------
black 85 GT on the road soon... REAL soon....

Denny

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DennySend a Private Message to DennyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haagster:

From the archives:

Denny... "I have no love for the guy. Tried a few times to get MCC to our shows, thought we had it made when we started the Dutch Classic at Zinn's, since Chris Zinn is a close friend of Dennis Gage (MCC even did a special on Chris and his AMX), but Dennis pretty much told Chris there was no way he was going to cover Fieros.
So, screw him, I say! We don't need him!"

Gage was at the 1st GM Nationals in Carlisle back in 2001 - badmouthed and then ignored the Fieros as I recall...

What he said.

The hell of it is that my car is was one of the featured cool cars on their website, in August of 2000, before I started trying to get him to visit . . . go figure . . .

Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

A few years ago, he came to the local POA/POCI show here. He did a very nice interview with one of our members, on his beautiful black 88GT t-top. When they finally aired that episode...absolutely NO footage of the Fiero, or of the owner.

Someone ought to set that mustache of his on fire....

Not suprising they must have interviewed 30 or more cars and drivers at the show - cameramen taking all kinds of shots of the cars , most likely there will only be 2 or 3 that will make the TV show

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
...odd that a self proclaimed 'car nut' would go around bashing any type of car - I guess all he really cares about are the ones that are worth $50g+

PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2005 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
He is a rich mother Fu*& that only likes car that are over 50k. We all here are car guys/chicks. Now year are car buying them may only be in the low Thousands but I have seen car on here that are worth well over 20K!
Dang, I have own my GT for about a year now and I have put in about $3,500 dollers in my car. I am sure that it will be more by next year. I also have another fiero that I am starting to work on I paid $800 dollers for it and I am 100% sure that by the end of the year I will have about 5k in it.

------------------

88gt build up! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/047402.html

http://www.iamanascarfan.com/

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock