Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  NTFC Spring Meetings, Car Shows, & Activities! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
NTFC Spring Meetings, Car Shows, & Activities! by blakeinspace
Started on: 04-07-2010 11:13 PM
Replies: 166
Last post by: blakeinspace on 06-07-2010 11:51 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Hello club and other Metroplex interested parties...

This thread will be the primary thread for our two regular club meetings in April and May, the AER Car Show in May, and the Pontiac Southern Nationals in June.

For non-locals reading, please accept our invitation to join us for any event, and let us have the honor of giving you some NTFC hospitality.

For our coming events, we will have our April meeting on April 24th, back to Pappas and our normal routine. We will meet at Pappas BBQ off the NW Highway around 1100. Lunch around noon. Club business after lunch, then hang out until you are tired of talking. (That takes me a while. )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following week (May 1st) is our annual participation at the AER Kidney Foundation Charity Car Show hosted by North Texas Mustangs Club. This is AER's 20th Anniversary of the event, so I expect it to be well attended. Our relationship with this event has been noticed, and I suspect that the organizers will once again give us the 'primo' parking with car covers and shade trees. Yeah... we are at that good. The only other club that gets covered parking are the Cobra's!
We have 9 pre-paid registrants at this moment, we need to get 1 more.
Please send youe charitable entry fee ($20) and the reg form from this link.
http://www.aermanufacturing.com/events/index.html

There are lots of raffle prizes, a good charity auction, cheap chow, nice trophies... and lots of chrome. We have a few out of towners coming to this event... there is no charge to spectate, so please come if you can! There is a thread in the 'Events' section if you want more details.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum7/HTML/000280.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May has 5 Saturdays... so make sure you join us on the 4th Saturday of May for our regular monthly meeting, May 22nd.

Then... here's a BIG announcement... the Dallas Area Pontiac Association will be hosting the Pontiac Southeren Nationals the first weekend in June. Guys... this is big. The PSN draws Pontiac show cars and race cars from all over the Southwest. In reviewing their show information... I noticed that there was no Fiero class. I really got irritated at that and made several attempts to reach their organizers. Persistance paid off... and now we have some recognition. Not only did they give me a class... they gave me two classes!... One stock and the other is altered. They came through for the us, now we need to come though for them. I need to get them some Fiero's! don't leave me hanging on this!... though outside of Dave... I am not sure how many stock Fiero's we have left! Here are some show details... and I am going to try and get some of the DAPA guys to come to one or both of our coming club meetings.
http://www.dapa.org/psn2010/
http://web5.virtbiz.com/www...03/PSN2010-Flyer.pdf

The PSN will be held in Mesquite on June 5&6... that's a fer piece from Cresson...
I may just invite myself over to Jim's or Poe's after the Saturday show.

The racing will be at the new track in Crandall, Tx on Sunday!
Here's a link to the track website... it is the newest quarter-miler in Texas, and recently hosted an ep of Pinks, All Out. http://www.dallasracewaymedia.com/index.html

whew... sorry for all the text guys... but I know of know other way to get all the info out there!

See you all soon,
-blake

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-17-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
Blake,

I'll be mailing my registration form for the PSN show soon... So that's at least one beside yours there... LOL

Your welcome at my place after the show Saturday and anyone else who wants to "camp/hang" out... Figure I can do a cook out that night.

Then Trek to Crandell the next morn for the races...

Jim

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
I am supposed to be getting the 87 silver gt at the end of the month. If all works out maybe me and the wifey can join you guys for some fun... You know I am way behind in the Fiero fun category... I live in Seagoville whixh is about 5 minutes from the track in Crandall...

------------------
SMTHGT.....
aka. "SmoothGT"

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Sending $ and form to AER tomorrow. Put me in for the PSN. With you getting the stock class, I guess I'll have keep my Formula longer.

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
what class do we put down for our little cars?

i see that we could fit in O & Q but thats not blake's class.

think they will notice my lowered GT in the original class?
think they will notice lowered and firebird seats in the T-top car for the original class?

i won't tell if no one else does...

edit:
what is the deadline for registration?

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 04-08-2010).]

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
http://www.dapa.org/PSN%202.../PSN2010%20Flyer.pdf
Looks like anytime before 5/21 you get confirmation in the mail and express check in. If I read it correctly, looks like you can sign in the day of the event.

------------------

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

what class do we put down for our little cars?
i see that we could fit in O & Q but thats not blake's class.

I sent them an email last week requesting the class desiginations and our monthly club meeting info in case any DAPA memebers wanted to come out. Haven't heard back yet.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget we have our regular club meeting next Saturday 4/24.

My contact at DAPA got our Fiero classes added to the registration flyer, and I invited him to come out for the meeting or maybe drop into AER.

There are a few of us that are going to the movies on Wed... we're going to see Kick As# at the Parks in Arlington, all are invited.

Since Jarhead will be joining us... (It's been a while!)... I made him pick the place for chow. He suggested something along the lines of a diner.
Anyone know of any diner style places in that area?... Is Bobby Valentines still open?... Maybe Steak -n-Shake?

Bryan, any ideas?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 04-17-2010).]

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Count Mike's GT in for the PSN. Not sure if I will make it or not - but I feel very certain he will be there (or at least his car). I have nothing scheduled but not sure that Red 5 will make it.
He's already got new ideas to add to it after the AER and now that he has a job he is able to get the $ to do those ideas.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Bobby V's is still open but it's no diner, steak-n-shake is about as close as we're going to get.

looks like i'll have to try the stock class for PSN.

it will be good to see Jarhead unless he picks a crappy place for dinner. lol...

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I've heard good things about khaki's. As long as they don't serve hospital food, I'm sure it will be fine.

------------------

"Semper Fiero"

PFF
System Bot
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Blake do you hev 10 prepaids yet? Last count was 9. If you need one more I will step up to the plate.
Joe

Ein Bier Bitte?

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 04-17-2010).]

AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
I know he's pickin... BUT anything other than Steak and Shake! Never heard of Khaki's, BUT it sounds GREAT! lol
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Steak and Shake is North of the Mall, north of Lowes. Kincade's East of the Mall, east of Matlock in Highland's. McAlister's also in the Highland's. Best burgers in Arlington is "Old Town", on Park Row just east of Bowen Rd. Whole bunch of restaurants in the Highland's. Bone Daddy's (Hooters w/BBQ). Red Robin. Great Chinese food south of the mall "Ton's" green oaks pick your own ingredients. Just a few.
Surprised you don't meet at Movie Tavern or Movie Grill in that area.
Glad to hear you are doing better Brian.

------------------

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 04-17-2010).]

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:
Steak and Shake is North of the Mall, north of Lowes. Kincade's East of the Mall, east of Matlock in Highland's. McAlister's also in the Highland's. Best burgers in Arlington is "Old Town", on Park Row just east of Bowen Rd. Whole bunch of restaurants in the Highland's. Bone Daddy's (Hooters w/BBQ). Red Robin. Great Chinese food south of the mall "Ton's" green oaks pick your own ingredients. Just a few.
Surprised you don't meet at Movie Tavern or Movie Grill in that area.
Glad to hear you are doing better Brian.

Mijo's in Pantego is great, love the green salsa. miss that place since i move.
Old Town didn't that use to be Capt.BillyWhizBang?
Movie Tavern = stinks. we went to watch SAW IV and the place smell of mold, mildew and the food the same, never went back.
Movie Studio Grill = principle. we went there when they first open had some free tickets, they wouldn't honor them for the movie we wanted to see. so we boycott them.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2010 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Yea Mijo's took over the Capt. burgers. Sorry to hear about bad experiences on Movie Tavern and Grill. I usually avoid the Mall for Price and age of other customer's. Yep Mijo's is good! Gunna ask some people that work around the mall about some good places. WHOLE lot of chains in the Highlands East of mall. I'm not much into chains. I like the hole in the wall places. I like watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the food channel.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
Anybody else for PSN?
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
I should be able to make theis meeting. I'm in for AER, but will have to wait and see on PSN
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Jim, yea I think I'm going to do PSN. Haven't registered yet. Not sure what I will enter.

------------------

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:
Jim, yea I think I'm going to do PSN. Haven't registered yet. Not sure what I will enter.

ditto...
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

ditto...

Well I was gonna go...
Just kid n.. Me and noisy will be there! Jim you have n wing ding at your place after after?
PFF
System Bot
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Has the when or where for tommorow been figured out?
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

Has the when or where for tommorow been figured out?

what's tomorrow?

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 04-20-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

what's tomorrow?

FFFOOOOODDD and kickin your a*s, i mean FFFFOOOOODDDDD and kick a*s the movie! hahahahaha
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I think Khaki's is closed! We need to get a plan B! Steak-n-Shake, Mark?

Movie starts at 1900 or 2000... I think the 2000 show will work better in general.
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

I think Khaki's is closed! We need to get a plan B! Steak-n-Shake, Mark?

Movie starts at 1900 or 2000... I think the 2000 show will work better in general.

.... frick en see n rabit.... if theres NO other choices.... (JARHEAD HELP!) ... then whateve....

heck! a 7-11 big bite sounds better! lol

Look if its Stake-n-Shake, thats fine. What time?
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I kid... about SnS... but I DO think Khaki's is closed now. I think there is a Kincaids burgers in that general vacinity.

Wait and see what JarJar says...
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

JarJar

???

...nevermind, ima leave that alone....
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Pluckers Wing Bar

Chinese
sushi
seafood

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 04-20-2010).]

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
You take it easy on the brain injury kid...

I found Kincaid's not too far and it looks pretty good. I can't wait to check it out!

Seats are reserved. If we are going to see the 2000 movie still I have the table for 10-12 people between 1830 - 1930. Let me know if I need to change the seating arrangement.
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

You take it easy on the brain injury kid...

whos he refering too....

i mean, blake pics on me....

and tommy does to

and mstangsbeware does to

could he be now?

hum...

Just remeber... we got get to theater in time for previews and for Blake and Tommy to pee, for Blake and Tommy to get snacks, ....
basicly in time for them to shuffle in and and DO EVERYTHING possible before the movie....

BTW... Kincaids looks good!

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 04-20-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

AutoMark

496 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Pluckers Wing Bar

Chinese
sushi
seafood

o and thats about nasty!!!
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

o and thats about nasty!!!

and you wonder why no one likes you...
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

and you wonder why no one likes you...

TRUE and CARING freinds wouldnt make you eat that CRAP!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
for sushi... you mean 'carp'...
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

for sushi... you mean 'carp'...

lmao....

but really, its crap, not carp... lol
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Really Tom?! Sushi?! You do know I spent 2 years in Japan right? Sushi here just doesn't measure up any more...
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Definitions of sushi on the Web:

rice (with raw fish) wrapped in seaweed
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Sushi (Susan Hayakawa) is a fictional character in the Marvel Comics Universe, most notably as a member of the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi_(comics)

The second EP from German Synthpop band Neuroticfish.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi_(EP)

Sushi|寿司, 鮨, or 鮓 is vinegar rice, topped with other ingredients, such as fish. Sliced raw fish alone is called sashimi, as distinct from ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi

An adopted quasi-Japanese delicacy of raw fish as sashimi (just thinly sliced raw fish without rice), sushi rolls (raw fish and/or vegetables ...
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sushi

etc... etc....

last defenition is, crap!

So Now that we have that cleared,

Im tought we decide... I mean JarHead decided on Kincaids? Real american greasy food! Im sure after all that hospital food, your ready for it! And besides arent Marines men? Would a man choose crap over beef? HECK NO!
So I guess Kincaids 600, 615?
Great, good, setlled!

lol

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 04-20-2010).]

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

TRUE and CARING freinds wouldnt make you eat that CRAP!

bon appetit...
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

bon appetit...

Definitions of weirdo on the Web:

creep: someone unpleasantly strange or eccentric
crazy: someone deranged and possibly dangerous
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Weirdo was a magazine-sized comics anthology created by Robert Crumb and published by Last Gasp from 1981 to 1993.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weirdo_(magazine)

Weirdo was a single released by The Charlatans in 1992. It reached 19 in the UK charts.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weirdo_(The_Charlatans_song)

A strange, odd, eccentric person; An insane, possibly dangerous person
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/weirdo

etc, etc...

last definition is, Tom

Hum... its explained now. hahahaha
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors