Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  NTFC Spring Meetings, Car Shows, & Activities! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
NTFC Spring Meetings, Car Shows, & Activities! by blakeinspace
Started on: 04-07-2010 11:13 PM
Replies: 166
Last post by: blakeinspace on 06-07-2010 11:51 PM
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2farnorth:
edit: This also the weekend for the big swap meet at TMS for those that can get to it

just got back from there, saw one over priced '87 GT.
IP: Logged
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2010 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
OK, I just studied Austin's weather map on the 5 news. If my weatherman skills are still good at predicing it, i have good news!

I strongly believe that we will only get a quick sprinkle!! around 2pm it should rain at the show, IF it rains at all.
The cold front has stalled and mostly to the east of I35. I may bring a shower with me depending on when I leave from here...

So for me...It's on bitches!

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 04-30-2010).]

2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Well the forecast is showing 30% chance til 3 pm then it increases to 40% til 5 pm. The nearest watch box ends down near Waco right now. There is a big line of crap out near Abilene that is slowly moving this way. That might be what they are talking about for 3-5pm. Guess I'll take the chance and go for the show today. If they cancel now I'm screwed.

Dave
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Well... I am ALMOST leaving the house when I wanted to... should be at Pappas on time.

I checked the NTMC website... looks like at of this moment... show is still on...

They may just try to wrap up earlier like they did last year.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
Don't wait for me. It's pouring up here and lightning all around right now so I'm not leaving for a while. I'll get there later
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

2farnorth

3402 posts
Member since Feb 2001
Just checked NMTC They finally made the decision. It's postponed til next week.

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 05-01-2010).]

AutoMark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
From web site of NTMC

"Saturday, May 1, 2010
AER CLASSIC CAR SHOW CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER

ATTENTION MEMBERS:
THE AER 20TH ANNUAL CLASSIC CAR SHOW IS CANCELLED FOR TODAY BECAUSE OF WEATHER.

THIS GREAT SHOW WILL TAKE PLACE NEXT SATURDAY, MAY 8TH SAME TIME, SAME PLACE.

Phil Sweeney
NTMC, President"

O well... guess I can go back to sleep! woho!

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 05-01-2010).]

2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoMark:

From web site of NTMC

"Saturday, May 1, 2010
AER CLASSIC CAR SHOW CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER

ATTENTION MEMBERS:
THE AER 20TH ANNUAL CLASSIC CAR SHOW IS CANCELLED FOR TODAY BECAUSE OF WEATHER.

THIS GREAT SHOW WILL TAKE PLACE NEXT SATURDAY, MAY 8TH SAME TIME, SAME PLACE.

Phil Sweeney
NTMC, President"

O well... guess I can go back to sleep! woho!

Interesting. The web site says that was posted at 4:34 am, It didn't show up til well after 6 am

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 05-01-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Interesting. The web site says that was posted at 4:34 am, It didn't show up til well after 6 am

yep...
mach1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mach1Send a Private Message to mach1Direct Link to This Post
Due to Incliment weather the AER Show IS CANCELLED for today, but is RESCHEDULED for Saturday May 8th, Same times.

Bentley Palez
Vice President-NTMC
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Well... that certainly would have saved Kevin and I long trips this morning... if it had been up up there by 0430.

By the time I got the news and called him... he was North of Waco. Sorry dood!... I know work may get in the way next week, I will get your goody bag and stuff if you can't make the 8th... bring it down to you on the Round-Up.

I hope there is no rain next week and the show gets pushed again... If it is moved to May15... most of the club will be down in SA.

edit to add... I don't konw about Carrolton, but after a brief spit of rain this morning at 0600... Everything West of downtown FW has been gorgeous car show weather. Cool, light wind, overcast for good pics... Man... you cannot get better car show weather than this... but who knows what it would have looked like at 1300 or so.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 05-01-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
If my weatherman skills are still good at predicing it, i have good news!

I strongly believe that we will only get a quick sprinkle!! around 2pm it should rain at the show, IF it rains at all.

check date and time^

Man what a bummer deal!! Even I could see the weather pattern on the radar! Oh well.............

yep may be working next weekend but it does assure me of being off that friday before roundup

I stopped by Georgetown's car show in sun city on the way home. Let's just say I lost...got nothing! not even third place ! class...49 - present other GM
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Not a drop in East Fort Worth! One of the best days to have had a car show. I may actually wash my car for next week.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the heads up @ 0700

We had some very heavy thunder storms last night, and got a good amount of rain.

All is well, the rest of the day was great, very pleasent... too bad the show was called.... but they had to do what they had to do..

It was very questionable whether or not I would have an entry at the show. So I guess it worked out the best for me this way.

Look forward to seeing everybody NEXT Saturday...

Jim
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTDirect Link to This Post
How did AER know my Fiero wasnt ready..?? Kevin, it was canceled because of me, not the weather.. But, you are fixing to say.. "Steve, you wouldnt show up anyways... " Mine wont be ready until... umm... August/September... maybe...

------------------
SMTHGT.....
Aka. "SmoothGT"
1987 GT 4.9L~V8~4T60E

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2010 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Lookin good for Saturfay!!! And GREAT temps!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2010 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Well now I really can't go. I will be ON CALL. for that weekend. So I can have the San Antonio show weekend off.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
My friend is letting me borrow the Frontier pickup again for the AER show. I should be there closer to noon.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I am off but already planned a camping /4 wheeler trip for the weekend....Suck.....

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2010 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
I am off but already planned a camping /4 wheeler trip for the weekend....Suck.....

I'm sure the family will understand (you are taking the family) AER is once a year, camping can be every weekend excluding next weekend of course. Joking of course, we'll see enough of you next weekend.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
curious how many participants we will lose/gain cause of the rain date?

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
List of attendees:
1) blakeinspace -- Formula
2) CenTexIndy -- 88 GT
3) TexGT -- 87 GT
4) revin -- 88 GT
5) Tom Slick -- 88 GT
6) AutoMark -- 86 SE
7) fierosmith -- 84 Coupe
8) fierocarparts -- 88 Formula
9) nosrac - 86 GT

from the pic of last year, looks like everyone's getting a trophy this year.
i guess the number of trophies is dependent on how many entries you have.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 05-06-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Weather is supposed to be spectacular on Saturday. I hope everyone can make it.

I guess we will stick to the same rendezvous times.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
I'm currently not working this Saturday. I'm planing to make it

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 05-06-2010).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
I plan on making it this week. Will see you guys @ the show.
mach1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mach1Send a Private Message to mach1Direct Link to This Post
I will join you guys for lunch.
Be working for a few hours just down a few buildings away from the group.
Good luck to all.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
If you have not paid for the show... please see me before registering. Basically, due to the rain non-event, we have some people that paid that will be unable to attend. It would be courteous to just buy their ticket, and adopt their place... if you don't mind. I will then return their money... now you don't have to of course..., just trying to honor a few requests.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
the rain date reschedule cause my battery to die and the car to get dusty, oh well.
it should be fun...
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post
A few pics at the AER show yesterday. Most of these were taken early in the day before the place really filled up. Sorry for the washed out color on some. Guess my camera wasn't up to the bight beautiful day.

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 05-09-2010).]

2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

2farnorth

3402 posts
Member since Feb 2001
and more

2farnorth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2010 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthDirect Link to This Post

2farnorth

3402 posts
Member since Feb 2001
A few more

this is my favorite

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 05-09-2010).]

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
1 picture of Fieros from a Fiero club in a Fiero Forum?????
Who all ended up making it?
PFF
System Bot
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
We only had 7 Fieros represent NTFC, looks like the Corvette beat us out of higher attendance besides the Mustang Club. The members of NTFC included, me, blakeinspace, automark, nosrac, 2farnorth, fierosmith, and the new guy (daniel's dad) in his recently purchase 12K mile Yellow '88 GT. Had a good time and the weather was great.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 05-10-2010).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2010 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
BUT... what Tom is leaving out... we had a surprsing number of members just stop by to say hi, visit, or go eat...

In addition to the 7 Fiero's (not sure what happened to Zach and Jim?)... we had the following members have a sit:

Steve Reid, JazzMan, Jarhead, Mark Kirby, Spencer, Jeff Ruff, Jessica, Kevin Acker, and Fiero friend... John Oliver.

That's 9 more random passers by that have direct ties to our community! Pretty Cool... I wish they were able to show their Fiero's... but I am very pleased that despite having down cars or other plans, they still came out to wish us well and check out the scene.

Steve... no goody bags this year... it was a goody envelop... with 2 dash plaques. And Sadly... The only shirt size they had when I picked up the 'no-show' reg's were Large. Not saying you need an XL or anything... just saying that that's what you got. If it doesn't fit ya... I know a certain grandson of your that will be thrilled to have it... no matter how big it currently is.

Oh yeah... oddly... you also won a trophy! (more on this story later)
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
LMBO! Revin has to show up for his, huh? Well it seems like the stock class at PSN will be good with a 12k mile 88 GT.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Oh yeah... oddly... you also won a trophy! (more on this story later)

Not that it matters to me at all... but it does seem strange that someone who did not have an entry on site, to win a trophy, seems ..."odd"?

Did I miss something here? Evidently...

And Yes his car would diffeninately won a throphy had it been there, but in the word of Ricky Ricardo.. "Luuuucccy! .... You got some splainin' to do"

ROTF LMAO

Jim

Peace out...

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
now that is REALLY not fair!!!
a trophy for not showing up?!??!? maybe his penmanship was better than mine( it was Blake anyway)

So...
Where is teh pic of everyone getting a trophy??
come on rub my face in it!! please!

OR if someone won and feels that they don't deserve a trophy, please feel free to bring it to me at the Round-up. (or you can ship it to me)
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

now that is REALLY not fair!!!
a trophy for not showing up?!??!? maybe his penmanship was better than mine( it was Blake anyway)

So...
Where is teh pic of everyone getting a trophy??
come on rub my face in it!! please!

OR if someone won and feels that they don't deserve a trophy, please feel free to bring it to me at the Round-up. (or you can ship it to me)

X2--Who all won and where are the pictures.......
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
X3 Trophy pic trophy pics!
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
X2--Who all won and where are the pictures.......

it's easier to tell you who didn't get a trophy: me, fierosmith, and automark

nosrac got first place
daniel's dad also got first (i think)
blake class
2farnorth class
automark (by proxy thru fierocarparts, since fcp wasn't there the decision was to give it to mark)

mark took a lot pics don't know why he hasn't posted them yet. maybe he's polishing his trophy.

fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
WOW!! Now I know that I am TRUELY disliked, to fall below Auto Mark! Can I at least see the trophy I didn't get? I figured it was a bribe to NOT show up.

REVIN.....Here is a picture of an award winning Fiero. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

------------------
Life is just SO much better when you own AND drive a Fiero!

[This message has been edited by fierocarparts (edited 05-13-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock