"Hypothetical" 2012 Fiero! by katore8105
Started on: 03-13-2010 04:49 PM
Replies: 85
Last post by: tigershark on 09-30-2010 10:13 PM
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

For the earlier comments about the 3.6 DI's sound... I agree, especially if it has a Corsa exhaust attached to it. (Mine is waiting to be installed)

This is the perfect Fiero engine in 2010. 312hp, lightweight, high revving, exotic sounding... FTW!

very nice exhaust sound...i like it =)

Dobey...maybe I am confused...I thought the camaro was suppose to be a performance car in the 90s maybe not. If so I stand humbly corrected.

the '10 camaro is pig heavy...but they are making improvements now which is fantastic...I like to think I'm living in the era of the return of ( modern ) american car pride.

imo these new computer systems for cars are a bad thing...ecus are nice...but they're integrated with everyhing now.

that first lotus looks very nice...alot like a lambo...i don't know why but i love those big lambo noses...Has anyone attempted to build a modern fiero on another car's chassis? yes it'd be another car under neath but it would probably perform better then the fiero ( not sure on that havn't researched ) and could be a great platform for someone's concept.

IP: Logged
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:
That exhaust is horrible sounding for a DD. Insane drone. I had mine for 3 days on my 2011 Camaro and thank god the dealer took it back as defective. Still in the market for a new exhaust. But the 3.6 is a great engine. I only have 521 miles on mine and I love it. Tons of power for a V6 and still great gas milage.

PM returned.

I'm with you, the V6 GMPP catback's I've heard sounded like total poop. In fact, to me most of the V6 exhausts have. They usually have a nasty rasp at a certain rpm range or throttle input. There are some decent ones, the MRT axle-back sounds not too far off from the Corsa, but it isn't quite as refined or sexy sounding.

Corsa borrowed two 2010 Camaros to prototype the kits from, an auto and a manual (they ended up using the same kit). In return for the borrow, they gave the two customers the final exhaust free of charge. That's good business practice!
They don't dork around like most of the other exhaust manufacturers. Every kit they design is specifically tuned for that car, so they go through much testing to get the sound they want, which is pleasing and without any rasp or interior drone.
And... It's all SS and made in the USA! I was easily sold on the exhaust note, the rest is delicious icing on the cake!

So I know this doesn't apply to a theoretical 2012 Fiero, but it shows that it wouldn't be difficult to get that sexy Euro-exotic sound from one (or even a real Fiero, heh)!

------------------

'10 Camaro LT/RS, 312hp V6 6-speed
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO

The rest of my cars are for sale
There's no replacement for turbo placement

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 09-30-2010).]

dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:
Dobey...maybe I am confused...I thought the camaro was suppose to be a performance car in the 90s maybe not. If so I stand humbly corrected.

imo these new computer systems for cars are a bad thing...ecus are nice...but they're integrated with everyhing now.

The Camaro was/is a performance car, for varying definitions of performance. But they stuck smaller engines in them to sell more to people who wanted a sports car, but with better gas mileage, and with lower insurance costs. And I'm pretty sure that Datsun didn't make anything in the 90s, since they hadn't existed for about a decade when the 3.4 F-bodies came out. Comparing a top end Nissan to a middle of the road GM, is way off base too. It's like saying the Chevy Alero is a pig, because the Honda Civic Si is so much faster.

And the advanced computer systems in cars are a great thing. Having every electronic component in a car all talking to each other makes the possibilities for tuning, that much more interesting. Especially for any car you want to take to the track every now and then, as well as drive on the street. You can completely change the way a car feels and handles, with the push of a button, to get the most out of the car. There are things I want to do with such interconnected components, that aren't being done by anyone yet.

The key to any good relationship is communication. That's especially true for powertrain management in a car.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

dobey

11572 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:
So I know this doesn't apply to a theoretical 2012 Fiero, but it shows that it wouldn't be difficult to get that sexy Euro-exotic sound from one (or even a real Fiero, heh)!

I don't think that sound feels right for a Camaro. Just doesn't fit the car's styling.

Now, on a Fiero, with an LY7 in it, maybe the sound would fit.

The LLT just sounds weird to me, because of the DI. An LY7 with some nicely ground cams would be fun though. But that's my next project. Gotta finish the LS4 first.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

That exhaust is horrible sounding for a DD. Insane drone. I had mine for 3 days on my 2011 Camaro and thank god the dealer took it back as defective. Still in the market for a new exhaust. But the 3.6 is a great engine. I only have 521 miles on mine and I love it. Tons of power for a V6 and still great gas milage. I dont know of any car that comes with manual windows still. Even Kia and suzuki are power in the base models. A power window motor and wiring and switches at what 25 pounds at most?? Why would you not want power windows and locks??

Is you car a stick or auto? There are many aftermarket systems that might work better for you. Check out you tube there are plenty of demos of different systems.
tigershark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tigersharkSend a Private Message to tigersharkDirect Link to This Post
I found this some time ago but this thread reminded me of it. I think it is a pretty cool Fiero mock up.

------------------
87 coupe sunset orange 5 speed Tenzo RS5

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock