Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Official Information Thread: The First Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Official Information Thread: The First Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show by Synthesis
Started on: 03-09-2010 11:15 AM
Replies: 103
Last post by: PURPLE REIGN on 07-21-2010 10:34 PM
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vrossiter:

While the offer from the Shipman's is a generous one, I would think that they would have enough going on tht weekend, and while meeting them is on my 'to do' list, making it anymore hectic for them is not. The proximity of the hotel that is booking rooms is what I was wondering about, and you answered that question for me, thank you. Part of my looking to room share or get a cheaper campsite option is because I really want a set of your dew wipes!
So, my offer for a room split still stands, as it doesn't look all that far to go

This is what I had posted in the other thread. The room has been booked for months now. You can cancel your room.

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

My room is booked.....WoooHoooo . I booked it for the 23rd and the 24th. The front desk was a little confused and did not really know what I was talking about but she said she will get it figured out with there event cordinator Kim. My room will have two queen beds in it. I am willing to split the cost if someone would like to with me but I have three stipulations. #1 I only want someone sharing it who will definatley be there for Friday and Saturday night. ( 2 nights means your only paying around $60.00 per night ) #2 You have to be a person who doesnt SNOAR. I shared a rooom once and I swear the wallls were being sucked in and out like in a cartoon. #3 I dont need any stories or memories of HUGE floaters or any tooth paste incidences. Chris

PM Sent
IP: Logged
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

Hey folks!

Just an update for any campers.... we are renting 2 porta potties for the weekend so bathrooms at our place are not a problem. Showers... well we have one We have lots of space in our yard. I am not sure about plugging in a camper. We have some outdoor electrical outlets but I don't know how that works. So, we are definitely still extending the offer for any campers that need a spot. We will make do what we need to as far as showers. I can always turn the garden hose on anyone too stinky. Oh and we have wifi LOL.

That sounds like a great offer and a generous one at that. My current plan is to stay at your place and just sleep in the back of my truck (big Surburban with tons of room in the back. I really want to impose as little as possible. You guys have been so kind to us and I really want this to be a great weekend for you. I certainly can live with a hose for a shower and I'll bring a clean up kit.

PM sent.
vrossiter

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
Chris, pm sent.
Vince
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

Hey folks!

Just an update for any campers.... we are renting 2 porta potties for the weekend so bathrooms at our place are not a problem. Showers... well we have one We have lots of space in our yard. I am not sure about plugging in a camper. We have some outdoor electrical outlets but I don't know how that works. So, we are definitely still extending the offer for any campers that need a spot. We will make do what we need to as far as showers. I can always turn the garden hose on anyone too stinky. Oh and we have wifi LOL.

Ok, I am glad you posted here with the offer again actually We were thinking that the offer was sincere, but thought it was done also just to be cordial The last thing any of us wanted to do, was inconvenience you guys in any way. You have reiterated that it is ok, so be it

What we are looking at is probably 2-3 10 person tents. This is all depending on how many show an interest in the next couple of weeks. To keep this thread from completely being hi-jacked, I started a new thread, just for plans for camping and stuff related to that. If you have any comments on camping, questions ect, please use that thread linked below. If you are interested, please go to the thread and add your name to the list!

The thread is located here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081383.html

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 06-12-2010).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I am super excited about this. I attended a classic car show and cruise yesterday and placed a few hundred flyers, one was even to a Fiero owner. Some were to a Scion club.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Well, my hotel room has been paid for for a couple months, and we just bought the airline tickets Saturday. So all we have to do is coordinate our transportation while in MN and we are golden!
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to meeting you guys!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Well, my hotel room has been paid for for a couple months, and we just bought the airline tickets Saturday. So all we have to do is coordinate our transportation while in MN and we are golden!

When are you arriving in Twin Cities?
I'll be getting there Thursday sometime late.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

When are you arriving in Twin Cities?
I'll be getting there Thursday sometime late.

so you're going to make it, Stu? Excellent!!! My wife and I will be arriving sometime Friday morning. I have to look at the tickets she bought and get the arrival time. Can't wait to meet you in person Stu!
lynxer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait!!!!!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
lynxer. Since you are in the area, maybe you can plot out a 60 mile course through the winding roads with scenery in the area. At all of the events i've been to we have a small cruise and they are always a blast. It doesn't by any means need to be a race track. Those tend to get rediculous with the common accordian stretching and collapsing of the cars. The cars in the back have to drive the hardest to keep up and end up not seeing the scenery. Think you can come up with something? Even though i'm in Texas i can still help through Google maps.
PFF
System Bot
lynxer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lynxerSend a Private Message to lynxerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

lynxer. Since you are in the area, maybe you can plot out a 60 mile course through the winding roads with scenery in the area. At all of the events i've been to we have a small cruise and they are always a blast. It doesn't by any means need to be a race track. Those tend to get rediculous with the common accordian stretching and collapsing of the cars. The cars in the back have to drive the hardest to keep up and end up not seeing the scenery. Think you can come up with something? Even though i'm in Texas i can still help through Google maps.

Your wish is my command. Consider it done I'll get a route together and post it up I have some ideas
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Nick. Good idea Stu.. Get the route drawn up, and we'll try and get it squeezed into Saturday after the show..

I know there is a Demo derby in town immediately following the show, so for those who don't want to attend that, they could slip into the cruise.

The fewer stop signs, the better.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
I'm up for a cruise now that I changed my Suspension on the GT...handles like a dream doing 70+ on 40mph S-curves by my house..

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4..V8 swap someday.
1997 Grand Prix GTP 161k miles and going strong.
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd For sale
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Can I ride with some one on the cruise? My IMSA is not street legal. (or even streetable)
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
cell double post...

sweet. Hollar at me tonight. Can show you some tricks if you have any problems.
Thanks for stepping up to the challenge.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 06-15-2010).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Can I ride with some one on the cruise? My IMSA is not street legal. (or even streetable)

Ur welcome to ride with me Paul!

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4..V8 swap someday.
1997 Grand Prix GTP 161k miles and going strong.
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd For sale
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Since I haven't heard from anyone including Hulki, I am not going to haul trunk seals to the show as I will have no way to get them back home on the plane. I have a 1900+ mile drive agenda this week starting in about 30 minutes. See all of you next weekend!

\/\/

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Since I haven't heard from anyone including Hulki, I am not going to haul trunk seals to the show as I will have no way to get them back home on the plane. I have a 1900+ mile drive agenda this week starting in about 30 minutes. See all of you next weekend!

\/\/

? I thought last time we talked I told you I was going to be in Frazee? I'm sorry if I didn't, I thought that was something we discussed. But doesn't matter, I'm looking forward to meeting you, trunk seal or no trunk seal.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Sent 2 PMs and posted on 2 separate threads that I didn't have your cell anymore (changed carriers). No worries, I was going to ship it to you anyway. I was beginning' to think you didn't love me any more man!

See you this weekend!

\/\/

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Updated first post with directions and address for Camp Shipman.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

I was beginning' to think you didn't love me any more man!

NEVER!!! Sorry, I just haven't been very good at responding to my PM's or emails lately. I don't know what my problem is but I have not been myself since I have been back home.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

NEVER!!! Sorry, I just haven't been very good at responding to my PM's or emails lately. I don't know what my problem is but I have not been myself since I have been back home.

It's called Re-civilization. It'll take time to pass. Took my best friend/ Brother close to a year. I was almost shot four times during that time.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

There's a seat in the Purple Rollercoaster too
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock