Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Official Information Thread: The First Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Official Information Thread: The First Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show by Synthesis
Started on: 03-09-2010 11:15 AM
Replies: 103
Last post by: PURPLE REIGN on 07-21-2010 10:34 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
b bump
IP: Logged
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
As of today only 4 people have booked rooms at the Holiday Inn...(I still need to).. I know it's not cheap.if you can double up in a room to save money.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4..V8 swap someday.
1997 Grand Prix GTP 161k miles and going strong.
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd For sale
1987 Fiero Coupe 5spd,Steel Wheels
1986 Fiero Base Coupe 5spd..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's

Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Bumparoo! My wife and I will now be flying out instead of driving. We realized that if we drove, the majority of our trip would be on the road.
AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post
Bump....
AND
Looks like I may get up there for this!
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Bumparoo! My wife and I will now be flying out instead of driving. We realized that if we drove, the majority of our trip would be on the road.

If your are flying into Minneapolis, my offer to use a Fiero still stands. I am thinking my white Formula daily driver. Jeff
Bumpity Bump Bump.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

If your are flying into Minneapolis, my offer to use a Fiero still stands. I am thinking my white Formula daily driver. Jeff
Bumpity Bump Bump.

Sending PM
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

Hotel room is reserved!!! Getting closer and closer!
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Yup 95 days to finish your cars and it's looking Grim for my attendance.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 04-14-2010).]

AutoMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarkSend a Private Message to AutoMarkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Yup 95 days to finish your cars and it's looking Grim for my attendance.

You could just be my chauffeur! Then you wouldn't have to miss it! lol

[This message has been edited by AutoMark (edited 04-14-2010).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2010 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
bump, cause I just told my boss that I won't be able to work that day!
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Only 9 weeks away!!! I had better get crackin on the formula because it's not even close to done!
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2010 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I am so excited to be a part of the most meaningful Fiero shows ever. I can't wait to see you all!
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Howdy...

I spoke with Big Mike (Official name lol), the Chief of Police.

IMSAs, Prototypes and all are welcome in town. He can not authorize anything illegal, but stated that if you needed to drive a car from a trailer to the show location, eyes could look the other way... Parade runs are welcome as well during the parade with these cars.

2.5... Daneele and Jay stated they wanted to give something back to the community. Potluck desserts are fine...

We may set up a tip jar for the cook though.

After careful thought, finance calculations, and most importantly.... approval from my wife ...... I will definately be attending the show. I plan on getting there on Friday afternoon/evening. If the offer is still out there, and you guys will have me, I'll be willing to do the parade as well. I am really looking forward to it!

Also, I will be attending the BBQ.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

3678 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Paul,

At our monthly MFF meeting last Monday night, a club member volunteered the use of her large lake property lot for camping & trailers. It is about 5 miles from Frazee. Shower and flush toilet would be available, but sleeping arrangements are your own. I may try to convince my sister-in-law to bring her 27-foot RV up along with one of several nice cars she and her friends have. (71 Cuda convertible / 70 Mach 1). This option might be something to consider.

Jeff

If the offer is still available, this sounds like a fantastic option! Sorry for the delayed reply, but again, at the time the cost of trailering up was prohibitive. Will there be otheres there as well?

Again, I am really looking forward to seeing everyone.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Just booked my hotel, I will arrive late Friday night. See all y'all (that is plural for Y'all I just found out) there!

\/\/

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2010 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
bump - needs to be at the top.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Bump-a-de-bump
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top... There are still rooms left! Please book your rooms so we can get a semi-accurate head count!

Our goal is to top 100 cars at the show. At 10 bucks per car, that will only raise $1,000 for the Roger Maris Cancer Center research fund...

Tell EVERYONE! Print out the flyer, and hand it out at car shows. Spread the story, spread the word. Let's make this a HUGE event!
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
Bump and a little bonus offer......

For any of you that are interested in my replacement GT trunk seals, I will make the same deal for you that I did for those at the Daytona Show. I will be at this show and will offer a show special price of $95 (saves you $15 in shipping and for those coming down from Canada saves at least $33 in shipping). I will bring your seals with me however they must be paid for in advance as I am flying home from the show and can't carry a bunch of them on the plane. Hulki I will have your seal with me if you would like or I can ship it as I know you are flying in for the show.

Look forward to finally meet the build team, friends and family

\/\/

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
The Frazee Forum has printed an article on the car show.

Frazee may be hosting one of its biggest city-wide celebrations to date this July 23-25.

As word spreads of the first Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show, which is dedicated to the Frazee High School senior who died of cancer in February, car enthusiasts across the nation have posted their intent on attending the event on various car forum Web sites.

The car show, which is tentatively slated for 11 a.m. Saturday, July 24, is being hosted by Minnesota Fieros Forever, but the show is open to all makes and models.

Chris Kliewer, a Menomonie, Wis. resident who helped organize the event encouraged any and all car organizations and clubs interested in participating in the car show to contact him at 612-605-8993 or by email at synssins@gmail.com.

There is an entry fee for the car show of $10, but 10 trophies or maybe more will be awarded to participants.

The judges will be representatives from area businesses who donate funds to purchase the trophies. The recommended donation is $25.

"We are looking for more businesses to donate," Kliewer added. "The business name will likely be put on the trophy, too."

Interested businesses should contact Dave Gray, 218-334-6161, by Friday, May 28. Donations can also be made at the United Community Bank in Frazee, which is handling all the finances for the event.

All proceeds from the event will go to the Roger Maris Cancer Center in Fargo. There is a tentative plan to present a check to a representative of the Cancer Center at the event.

"I really hope this is a fun event for the town," Kliewer said.

There will also be a special guest in town for the show. Sgt. Andrew Weigle, who started the Shipman car rebuild last November while on a tour of duty in Iraq, will attend the festivities along with his wife Stephanie.

The East Berlin, Penn. resident returned from his tour in January, but was not able to make it to Frazee before Shipman passed away February 14.

The Weigles will fly into Minneapolis and drive to Frazee.

"A member of Pennock's Fiero Forum is lending us a Fiero to drive for the weekend," he said. "While there are many things I'm looking forward to, meeting the Shipman family and visiting Tyler's resting place are at the top."

The Assault Helicopter Battalion soldier added a debt of gratitude to those in Frazee who pulled together to make Shipman's dream a reality.

"Without the residents of Frazee and their support, the Tyler Project could never have succeeded," he said. "I would also like to thank Karen and Dave from Frazee Auto Body for opening their business and their hearts for the Tyler Project. Lastly, please keep the Shipman family in your prayers, and keep Tyler in your thoughts so he is never forgotten."

The car show coincides with the city's annual celebration Turkey Days and Frazee High School's All-School Reunion.

The multiple events have decreased available lodging in the area, but rooms are available in Perham and Detroit Lakes.

Robin Harrison, who co-owns the Morningside Motel in Frazee with her husband Terry, said their 10 rooms were booked a year in advance for those dates.

"We usually have the same guests who stay here during Turkey Days," Robin said. "When the boys (Fiero club members) called me, I felt terrible that we were already booked up, but I took their information if anything changes."

While the only local hotel is booked, other area hotels still have openings, and some are offering discounted rates for those who mention the Tyler Shipman Memorial Show.

The Detroit Lakes Holiday Inn, which has 102 rooms, has blocked off rooms for the event.

According to a Holiday Inn representative, over the three-day period there are about 45 rooms blocked off.

The Holiday Inn, AmericInn and Best Western of Detroit Lakes and Super 8 of Perham are all offering discounted rates for those who mention the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show.

While many Turkey Days event details are still in the works there are a few items already on the schedule, including:

• Friday, July 23 from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. will be a Frazee street dance.

The Shipman family reportedly invited the Fiero community to a private party at their home where a pig roast will be served.

• Saturday, July 24 will be the car show. Tentatively, registration begins at 9 a.m. and vehicles are allowed to park and prepare for the show that starts at 11 a.m.

• Sunday, July 25 will be the Frazee Turkey Days parade that will include the cars from the car show.

Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Saturday, July 24

What: Car show.

When: Registration begins at 9 a.m., car show at 11 a.m., with awards presented at 3 p.m.

Cost to enter: $10.

Donation to fund trophy: $25.

All proceeds from the event will go to the Roger Maris Cancer Center in Fargo.

Info: Chris Kliewer at synssins@gmail.com or 612-605-8993

Pass the word on to as many car clubs as you possibly can!

Also: Gary Wright, a Frazee resident who opened his home up to members of the build crew in November has graciously offered room for people who want to come in for the weekend, and need a place to stay.
He has a guest room, and a couch.

If you need a place to stay, contact him: 218-334-3418

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 05-27-2010).]

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I cant make it .
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I cant make it .

You better make it.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

You better make it.

just checked air line prices. 464 is the cheapest i could find. It would be cheaper to rent a prius or ride the gsxr.

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 05-27-2010).]

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
How do I register for the car show? I know it's 10 bucks, that's fine, but who do I send the money to?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Chris I'll be lucky if I can make it. If I do I won't be in my Project car unless I can get some serious help between now and then, but I'd most likely show up in my driver that after the project car is done I'm restoring it and giving to my Wife's Cousin for his 16th B-day.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Chris I'll be lucky if I can make it. If I do I won't be in my Project car unless I can get some serious help between now and then, but I'd most likely show up in my driver that after the project car is done I'm restoring it and giving to my Wife's Cousin for his 16th B-day.

Sounds like you have always been a giving person. Good luck with your project.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2010 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:
After careful thought, finance calculations, and most importantly.... approval from my wife ...... I will definately be attending the show. I plan on getting there on Friday afternoon/evening. If the offer is still out there, and you guys will have me, I'll be willing to do the parade as well. I am really looking forward to it!

Also, I will be attending the BBQ.

I was curious as to what route you would be taking up and about what time you would be leaving? I would like to get up there early afternoon. Possibly we could meet somehwere in the chicagoland area and caravan.
R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

I was curious as to what route you would be taking up and about what time you would be leaving? I would like to get up there early afternoon. Possibly we could meet somehwere in the chicagoland area and caravan.

PM Sent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
-

Here are the flyers from the other thread, anyone anywhere please print and help us advertise:

Front side:

Printable PDF of the same flyer is here.

Printable Word Document:
http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/sideB.doc

Back side with Tylers story (Important to include):

http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/sideb2.doc
http://www.chalnet.net/images/Tyler/sideA.doc

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 06-11-2010).]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

How do I register for the car show? I know it's 10 bucks, that's fine, but who do I send the money to?

You can register upon arrival.
vrossiter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
Just booked a room! They told me that they were 2 queen beds in a room. Anyone wanna split a room?
Vince
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff::

At our monthly MFF meeting last Monday night, a club member volunteered the use of her large lake property lot for camping & trailers. It is about 5 miles from Frazee. Shower and flush toilet would be available, but sleeping arrangements are your own. I may try to convince my sister-in-law to bring her 27-foot RV up along with one of several nice cars she and her friends have. (71 Cuda convertible / 70 Mach 1). This option might be something to consider..

Does this offer still stand? If so, who would be the person to contact? I have been talking back and forth with DIY Stu, and we have thought about setting up some nice tents, and making it a great camping weekend of it The Shipman's offered to let people camp on their property, but I do not want to intrude trying to use their bathrooms and showers ect.

The thought was to try to get a head count of people that would be interested in camping out, and people pitch in for tents and such. One we were looking at that had VERY good reviews is a 10 person tent for $100. I would not literally try to cram 10 people in it, as that would be over doing it I think. But, if we were to only put 4 people in a tent like this, it would cost each person only $25 each for either a 1, 2, or even 5 night stay! This makes it not only economical, but would be a lot of fun camping and hanging out around a camp fire at night. Far better than some stuffy hotel room The weather is supposed to be in the upper 50's to low 60's at night.... perfect camping weather!

The thought is to get a location where we can run a power cord for minimal power for laptops, phones and such, as well as access to some type of shower and bathroom facilities.

Does anyone else sound interested in something like this?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

Does this offer still stand? If so, who would be the person to contact? I have been talking back and forth with DIY Stu, and we have thought about setting up some nice tents, and making it a great camping weekend of it The Shipman's offered to let people camp on their property, but I do not want to intrude trying to use their bathrooms and showers ect.

The thought was to try to get a head count of people that would be interested in camping out, and people pitch in for tents and such. One we were looking at that had VERY good reviews is a 10 person tent for $100. I would not literally try to cram 10 people in it, as that would be over doing it I think. But, if we were to only put 4 people in a tent like this, it would cost each person only $25 each for either a 1, 2, or even 5 night stay! This makes it not only economical, but would be a lot of fun camping and hanging out around a camp fire at night. Far better than some stuffy hotel room The weather is supposed to be in the upper 50's to low 60's at night.... perfect camping weather!

The thought is to get a location where we can run a power cord for minimal power for laptops, phones and such, as well as access to some type of shower and bathroom facilities.

Does anyone else sound interested in something like this?

That sounds like a blast! Bitter sweet for me, because i cant make it. GET LOTS OF PICS WITH YOUR FANCY DIGITAL SLR CAMERA!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Antuzzi was your airfare rates based on flight to Fargo or Twin Cities? Fargo is close to $200 added to airfare. Some of us will be driving through Twin Cities. I'm actually looking at Stay in the cities for Thursday night.

The Tent.

This tent will hold 6 twin or 3 queen airbeds with room to go.

I also have two 7x9 tents. If anyone needs one.
All of my tents get treated with waterproofing. But watch the Dew Point. Dew is Moisture in the air. Not falling from sky.

Also the Gray's will have their Camper at the Blue's Valley Campground for anyone needing it. Maybe the camp ground could be utilized. Daily $30 rates at that campground.

AND TO ANSWER THE BIG Q's What does the campground have?
45 Seasonal Sites; 62’x47’ with 50amp service

Phone, Cable TV, & High Speed Internet available at each site.

Playground - Horse Shoe Pits and Sand Volleyball Court.

Gazebo and Picnic areas

Common Building with bathrooms and showers. Laundry and vending machines.

So Showers, and restrooms are covered!!! PLUS INTERNET!!!

I'm asking for the days off on Monday and they never say no. So I'm confirmed, if I can sell enough dews. Anyone need them when I come down? I'll install up to 2 kits. Anyone else better be paying attention or doing theirs at the same time.

So Who's interested?

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 06-12-2010).]

vrossiter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
DIYStu, I would definately be interested in this as mine are pretty well shot. Let me know.
Also, where is the campground that you are all talking about?
Is it closer than Detroit Lakes?
What do I have to do to cancell my room and book a campsite?
Vince
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't go canceling your room Just yet. John is contacting the Campgrounds today to inquire about where we'd be located on the grounds. I believe we may need to get and actual RV site to utilize the power, but For Wifi etc we can simply plug in a Wireless Switch to accommodate that. John will post up his findings as soon as he finds out. We do have an open invite to camp on the Shipman's property, but as John has expressed it may be bitter sweet with that one person who needs the restroom at 3am, or the 10 people wanting a hot shower in the morning etc. This campground is located on the north side of Frazee pretty much across the road from the Morning Side hotel. Google Earth says it's only 4miles away from Frazee Park. Detroit Lakes is another 6 miles to the left North on 10.

I have no idea where in Frazee the events are going to be held, but the park seemed to be the best guess I could make. But Frazee is such a small town when there's an event I'm pretty sure it takes up the whole town. Just an example of this is that if you ask for any directions while you are there. they'll almost always start with "Go to the Stop Sign, then...."

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 06-12-2010).]

vrossiter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterDirect Link to This Post
While the offer from the Shipman's is a generous one, I would think that they would have enough going on tht weekend, and while meeting them is on my 'to do' list, making it anymore hectic for them is not. The proximity of the hotel that is booking rooms is what I was wondering about, and you answered that question for me, thank you. Part of my looking to room share or get a cheaper campsite option is because I really want a set of your dew wipes!
So, my offer for a room split still stands, as it doesn't look all that far to go
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Antuzzi was your airfare rates based on flight to Fargo or Twin Cities? Fargo is close to $200 added to airfare. Some of us will be driving through Twin Cities. I'm actually looking at Stay in the cities for Thursday night.

Twin citys. 448 is the cheapest. I have not checked amtrack yet but trains are never cheap.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Twin citys. 448 is the cheapest. I have not checked amtrack yet but trains are never cheap.

I just found a couple of flights on CheapTickets.com

Leave on a Thurs and return on the following Monday: $411

Leave on a Thurs and return on the following Tuesday: $390

Give that site a try and see if you can get something cheaper. The rates change almost on a daily basis. When I went to China last month, I looked at flights and it was on average around $1200. A few days later I looked again and got it for $840 round trip.

Ok, as for the camp ground, I am waiting for Barbara to call me back. She says that the health department has frowned upon having tents on the property, due to the unknown number of tents -vs- bathroom stalls and showers. With the RV's they have a pretty close number as to how many are in each, and a determined number of RV spaces ect.

She is making some phone calls to see what can be done, and is going to call me back.

This is not a NO at this time for the RV park, just need to look into it further. If they can not accommodate us, then there will be a "Plan B". I am hooked on the idea of camping while there, and think it would be a very fun time on top of all of the other events ect.

If anyone else reading this, is even slightly interested in camping out while there, post in this thread, just to start to get an idea if this should be pursued further. If there seems like enough interest, I can start another thread dedicated to this with locations, pricing, ect ect...

I will keep everyone posted on what she has to say when she calls me back.

nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Hey folks!

Just an update for any campers.... we are renting 2 porta potties for the weekend so bathrooms at our place are not a problem. Showers... well we have one We have lots of space in our yard. I am not sure about plugging in a camper. We have some outdoor electrical outlets but I don't know how that works. So, we are definitely still extending the offer for any campers that need a spot. We will make do what we need to as far as showers. I can always turn the garden hose on anyone too stinky. Oh and we have wifi LOL.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock