Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero and Police profiling. Ever happen to you? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero and Police profiling. Ever happen to you? by JimmyS
Started on: 06-02-2007 10:56 PM
Replies: 199
Last post by: Fiero88GT on 08-18-2010 07:55 PM
crytical point

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crytical pointSend a Private Message to crytical pointDirect Link to This Post
in my 86 gt I was pulled over for driving recklessly and speeding...... with my mother in the car! The douche pulled me over in my mothers front yard saying I was speeding from a turn lane and he knew because my rear suspension shifted....... I was like WTF. Then accused me of speeding in a 45mph zone at a blazing 40mph "did I mention my mother in the pasenger seat" . Then accused me of speeding through a corner at a whopping 10-15mph. I was being harrassed and yelled at and talked down to for a good 30min before his partner showed up and was like "Wow thats a Fiero" and he explained why the cars suspension lifted in the rear. I may drive like an ass some times but never ever in a million years in the presence of my mother, I would rather go to jail than do something bad in her presence let alone stupid crap while driving.

Though no ticket because of a spotless driving record on a 23 year old male in FL and I was driving my mother to get her medication, luckily his partner showed up because he wouldn't listen to a word I said.
IP: Logged
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2007 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

You must have the State Police on Speed Dial, Maybe you can get them to handle the HOA for you.

is this the dude that drives the really sweet Iroc and has ink pen tattoo's that intimdates the cops, that pull him over while he is getting a knob job?
Tiny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinyClick Here to visit Tiny's HomePageSend a Private Message to TinyDirect Link to This Post
ok I know this is a older thred but I find it amusing and would like to add my incedent atleast the most memorable one.

Driving down the street pass the local duncan donuts (I'm not making that up) and 2 cop cars jump out behind me and hit the lights. I pulled over into a bank parking lot where the primary officer walks over and asks me for lic reg proof of ins and tint cert. I handed him everything except for tint cert as I had finnished tinting it the day before and hadn't had a day off to go and get it metered. (in maine we have to get our window tint certified to proove its legal) since i didn't have a cert. the cop was kind enough to go grab his meter from his car. he checked my tint and said it was too dark and that he was going to have to give me a ticket. at this point I informed him he was wrong and that he could give me what ever ticket he likes. at this point the other officer has me step out of the car and informs me its a missdominor to alter a car after inspection. I informed him that law only applies when the alteration violates inspection law and since my tint is legal he needs to back off. I then recited to him maine window tint laws and he dissagreed with me. I told him to put up or shut up. he needed to pull out the law book. he read the law to me and I had nailed it verbatum. the only problem is they didn't want to be wrong. in the maine law it states "no tint may be applied to a car with a light (transmitence sp*) of greater than 50%, and that no window may read less than 34% when meterd" that second part the officer neglected to read. this by there logic ment that my windows reading at 47% were illegal. when I still challenged him he then asked if I had an amplified muffler on the car. they love to nail you for that in my town I looked at him smiled and said if I did it came from the factory and to go bother the manufacturer. they let me off with a warning about the exhaust and a ticket for the window tint which I later fought in court.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I think we all need to see this as a refresher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA
greengoblin0129

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for greengoblin0129Click Here to visit greengoblin0129's HomePageSend a Private Message to greengoblin0129Direct Link to This Post
taken a couple weeks ago..

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Not fiero, but profiling. My father is a car dealer, back in the summer of 2003 he bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 GSR. Got it straight from Mitsubishi, we had it shipped from cali, had it weeks before the local dealers. One night we were tooling around on 71 N and doing 80mph in the middle lane getting passed by a purple grand prix in the fast lane doing a solid 90. Come around the bend, cop nails us, yeah we were breaking the law. Cop takes forever and walks up to the car. After the cops repremanding my dad asks, "I was being passed by a car clearly going faster than me, why did you pick my car"
officer replies, "YOU street racing boy???"
"no, but I was being passed"
"so you were street racing"
"no, I am just saying someone was driving more dangerously than me and you picked me"
"this looks like a street racing car"
"whatever, who do I call"
"street racing is a serious crime"
"yeah, I know"
this was 4.5 years ago so the dialogue is a fuzzy but the cop kept coming back to street racing, pointing out our carbon fiber wing and brembo brakes. What a douche.
antinull.com

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for antinull.comSend a Private Message to antinull.comDirect Link to This Post
Lol, well im 23 never have i been profiled
Ive been pulled over a half dozen times
first time was in my mini van i was doing the speedlimit
he was going the opisite way clocking out the window suposedly and pulled me over?
gave me a 5 over ticket some how, i ate it because i was to stupid to fight it
Second time in anouther mini van doing 10 over got anouther ticket (was my fault so i ate it)
I got pulled over going the wrong way on a one way that was not clearly marked and he let me go
I was pulled over in my white ford probe doing 120 at 3am by a state trooper.... Yeah that was my fault He gave me a 5 over ticket and i was on my way (wow lucky eh?)
and the most recent run in was when i totaled my ford probe i got arrested for "wreckless driving" my axle broke when i was taking a corner and i went through a fence (yeah got it dropped to "to fast for conditions")
But now i drive a s-10 and a fiero and i tend to not get pulled over
I am worried about getting pulled over in the fiero though because the emissions stuff is no longer there and id prob bite a huge fine then again i rarely drive it on the road usually just to and from autocross events and such

I figure the trick is just be sensible and honest i got out of a 120 ticket / jail time because i was honest with the cop and i was 20 years old!
Be polite they love it most people bring a huge fuss into it about profiling if there going to ticket you then bring a fuss but just admit if you have done something wrong

[This message has been edited by antinull.com (edited 01-31-2008).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I did'nt think this thread would ever come back. I had actually forgot about it till now.
It's not the doing something wrong part I have a problem with. If I am actually doing something wrong then by all means pull me over and give me what you see fit. What I am getting at with this thread is...being pulled over, on a bogus excuse, so the officer can PHISH for something legit to write a ticket for.
Wht&BluGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wht&BluGTSend a Private Message to Wht&BluGTDirect Link to This Post
I've never been profiled, but my parents' neighbor got it bad. 15 yr old in a black 96 300zx TT with Florida tags (he lives in Mississippi). His parents are divorced, and the car was registered with his dad, and the local cops (who loooove pulling over high schoolers) pulled him over 10-12 times over 3 months and told him to get a MS tag, after he told them that the car was registered with his dad in Florida. His mom was about to file a complaint with the department for harassment, and the car wound up getting wrecked.

My sister got pulled over for crossing the white line on the edge of the road, the cop that pulled her over is known for being a dick about this, and he had every intention of being one until he saw my mom in the passenger seat, so he let her off with a warning.

My high school had the little tags that hung off of the rear view mirror, and everyday I took mine down so I would be less of a target for the cops, and most of my friends who weren't quite as smart as me and left their tags up would get pulled over for stupid stuff all the time.
86_fiero_gt_92

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Direct Link to This Post
aww when my fiero is done i think i will know every cop in kitchener

i will be a...
17year old
male
red car
sports car
18"rims
loud music
loud muffler
driving at night (movies, friends)
spoiler (stock but they wont know)

Oh this will be fun
NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
hey all I am a Police Officer in AZ, Just so you all know your rights. We cannot pull you over without probable cause (suspicious activity), or an offense ie no plate light. minor violations like these are used to sniff out more serious issues like drugs, drinking, warrants, driving on a suspended, etc. We don't stop people (generally speaking) because we care about no signal, plate light, whatever. We do it because MANY arrest result from stopping for these petty violations, and running the license finding out their wanted for a warrant, or there is drugs, whatever it may be. Keep in mind though, KNOW your rights, they MUST have a reason, If they ask to search the vehicle, you can say NO. If there is probable cause though, ie marijuana smoke, or smell, they can search without your permission. You have the right to be a dick too, but if you do, your opening Pandora's box and you'd better make sure that you have everything in order. If I stop some one and I was just going to give them a warning, and their a complete A-hole, well I can be one too, and out comes my pen.
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
www.flexyourrights.com

Learn it.
Know it.
Live it.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 01-31-2008).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I Have lived in three states across the country and it is all the same with cops.
the one thing that makes your car stand out is the green PONTIAC lights
acording to the states I have lived in any color lights other than red, amber, and clear
are illegal.
just an observation.
jeffndebrus

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusDirect Link to This Post
You should see the cops making U turns behind me when I wear my Big Scoop

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jeffndebrus:

You should see the cops making U turns behind me when I wear my Big Scoop

Hehehe i love it !
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
Yeah i got stopped last year for no reason, they thought i was trafficking drugs through oregon BECAUSE I WAS ON MY WAY HOME FROM SCHOOL. Stupid.
They searched my car and all.

After about 10 minutes, they finally start asking what year it is, and how it rides blah blah blah... i was happy to tell them, and not get a ticket.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I Have lived in three states across the country and it is all the same with cops.
the one thing that makes your car stand out is the green PONTIAC lights
acording to the states I have lived in any color lights other than red, amber, and clear
are illegal.
just an observation.

You are partially right. That law applies to what is on the "front" of the car. The rear of the car is a different story. Before I converted my P O N T I A C lights to Green, I checked with the Police and was told that it was fine and legal as long as they did not flash/blink. With all the times I have been stopped, not 1 officer has even mentioned the lights. Now when I bought the car back in Feb of 2002... the PO had installed Purple Neon lights under the dash. I was stopped 1 night and was told that they were illegal. The officer said I could not have them on if the car was in motion but if I was at a show/in a parking lot or not actually driving that they were fine. I asked if they were green would it be OK? He said as long as they were not Blue/Purple or Red then any other color was fine. This happed on a Sat. night. Then on Monday I went to the local Sherriff's office to inquired about the rear P O N T I A C lights as I had not yet converted them. A officer came out with me to look at what I was talking about and said that it would be perfectly legal.

It just seems to me (maybe i'm crazy) that I tend to get stopped a lot in my Fiero. If you were to take all the vehicles I have ever owned (2 motorcycles, 1 truck, 13 cars- 4 of which were fiero's) combined...I have not been stopped as much as I have in my GT. I have been stopped somewhere in the ballpark of 15 times in the last 6 years. Only 3 of those times were they actually legitimate stops. 1 for a headlight, 1 for changing lanes within 100' of an intersection and the other for speeding. The headlight was a fix it ticket, the speeding was a warning and a ticket for the changing lanes within 100' of an intersection ($150). I am very polite with an officer but if they give me a bogus excuse for wasting my time... I make sure they know I am unhappy about it.

Edit... I was just re-reading this thread and noticed a couple people mention neon plate frames. Here in Florida... neon plate frames are illegal no matter what color they are. Also, the plate covers are illegal even if they are clear and not smoke. I have had a clear cover on mine since I bought the car and never had a officer even mention it. That will probably end up getting me stopped sooner or later.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 02-01-2008).]

NickD3.4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NickD3.4Send a Private Message to NickD3.4Direct Link to This Post
all the years I have driven my red Fiero, I have never been pulled over once in it.
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Driving home after work one evening in the 88GT - get pull over - apparent reason: speeding - I was doing 62 kph in a 60 kph zone (2kph is less than 1 mph). Get the whole lecture that the speed limit is 60 not 61, or 62, etc...

Another time (also 88GT) - I was pulled over for apparently taking off from the traffic lights too fast, which by the way was a little hard to do that evening as we had a storm earlier that day and the roads were icy...so again, get the big lecture...

Many occasions (again with the 88GT), been followed to see what I am up to...

If I am in the 86 (which is 98% of the time), they seem to leave me alone - but when I take the 88 to work the other 2%, there is always a cop around - seems they are attracted to the yellow GT...blah...
fiamma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiammaSend a Private Message to fiammaDirect Link to This Post
Wait a few years until you get grey hair, it works for me, never got a ticket or stopped
in 20 yrs of fiero driving (knock on wood). However I did get an expensive ticket from
the 18 year old mp on the local marine base for not wearing a reflective vest. I explained
I was attending a return from the middle east for a family friend who is in the marines.
But no stopping him, also wanted to know if my wife's camera was a weapon. This was
on our Honda Goldwing.
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by timgray (edited 02-01-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
I got pulled over this morning at 3am on my way to work, he asked for my drivers licence and all that jazz and just said that he wanted to make sure it wasn't stolen cuz "i didn't think a car like that should be out at 3am this far from your home". I had a good laugh about it, first time in 3 years that ive been pulled over on my way to work :P No harm no foul.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kawana:

I got pulled over this morning at 3am on my way to work, he asked for my drivers licence and all that jazz and just said that he wanted to make sure it wasn't stolen cuz "i didn't think a car like that should be out at 3am this far from your home". I had a good laugh about it, first time in 3 years that ive been pulled over on my way to work :P No harm no foul.

See, this is what I'm talking about. He (the officer) "thought" it might be stolen. That is such BS! You as a legal citizen have every right to be out anywhere at anytime. Just cause your are out at 3am does not give them the right to pull you over without just cause. No harm no foul? Thats BS too! You were illegally pulled over (detained) for no good reason. It is an excellent case of "phishing" on the officers behalf and you were profiled because of your car.

My girlfriend and I were out in the GT a few weeks ago. It was night time and there was a officer in the right lane doing 35 in a 45. I passed him in the left lane and once I got passed him I noticed he had a headlight out. I slowed back down and he rolled his window down. I told him he had a headlight out and his reply was... "I know". If that was me he would have stopped me and given me a fix it ticket. A fix it ticket here is only $5.00 but then it's my time to go to the clerk of courts and also finding a officer to sign the back of the ticket to state it is fixed. I applaud any officer who stops someone for a headlight or tail light infraction and just informs the person about it. The problem here is...cops aren't that way. They write you for everything they possibly can! They look for stuff and sometimes make up stuff just to get that allmighty dollar.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 02-01-2008).]

kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

*snip*

i have no problems with what he did, i was driving the opposite way from my home, in a bad part of town, at 3am. I have no problems with him checking to see that it wasn't being stolen. I could see if it was during the day, but honestly.. how many people are going to be going for a cruise at 3am? Ive seen all sorts of people up at 3am, not too many of which id like to be around for too long. I dunno if its just the cops where you guys live, but the ones' here are quite nice. Any time ive ever been pulled over has been for a legit reason, and ive gotten my fair share of warnings, some for things which i was clearly in the wrong. My dads a cop so he gets this crap alot, and many times they DO have a reason for pulling you over, and please dont group ALL cops in with a few bad ones.

edit: could also be because they dont have a quota round here.

[This message has been edited by kawana (edited 02-01-2008).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed that your in Canada and Laws are most likely different there than they are here.

If I am out at 3am, 4am, 8pm or whatever... I don't want NO cop pulling me over and dissrupting "my" time for no reason IE a traffic violation or criminal offense.
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
I dunno, it makes me feel a better knowing that if someone did steal my car in the middle of the night, maybe a cop will pull them over just to check. I think 5min of my time isn't too much to ask, like i said.. no harm no foul.

[This message has been edited by kawana (edited 02-01-2008).]

buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
all 3 of my fieros are red.
i have a white 1967 pontiac that i drive in a pinch.

i've been stopped twice in my fieros.

i was in my 84 V8 car, running with a convoy of other fieros on the way to a show.
HP going the other direction turned around and pulled me over.
*how he had time to read, call in and get a response back from the dispatcher i'll never know in time to turn around i'll never know. *
somehow i had the plate from my 1995 caviler on my fiero. (I'm still not sure how that happened)
but since both cars were registered to me, and i had insurance and registration papers for the fiero he let me go.

second time i was in a hurry to pick up Polly so we could be on time for a concert a friend was playing at.
i wasn't paying attention to my speed.
saw the cop.
looked down at the speedo and said "oh hell"
47 in a 30, i was polite. but i still got a ticket.
i think he wrote it for 10 over.

kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

*how he had time to read, call in and get a response back from the dispatcher i'll never know in time to turn around i'll never know. *

They have scanners now that can scan plates as fast as you drive by, and in less than a second it will show all the info about the plate number. He could easily tell your car isn't a cavalier after that.

Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post

Here is a pic of the back of the car clearly showing both lights are on.

i want a different color pontiac light how does one do it?
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Foxy Fiero13:

x2 please tell.

interceptor429

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for interceptor429Send a Private Message to interceptor429Direct Link to This Post
my son is a police officer ,he drives a 86 gt,is that profiling ....lol.but when he pulls a fiero over its to get more details on the car ,and tell them about this site.....good kid...lol
PFF
System Bot
Scopedin92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scopedin92Send a Private Message to Scopedin92Direct Link to This Post
im 16, had my license for 6 months , own a white 84 and have never been stopped, followed, ect. the car is in great condition and when i happen to be going too fast past a cop,they don't do anything?ive gone 45 in 30 past a cop in the snow (maybe he did'nt see me, maybe he did) i've just never been pulled over.

i have been ticketed though for having airsoft gun in forest preserve when a city official told us to go there and spent 30 min in the back of a squad car and had to go to court.
stupid squirrel cops, nothing better to do than draw guns on us kids. put us in handcuffs and then go skrewing around with our stuff.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Are the plate lenses maybe dirty...paint overspray ? If theyre clean and working, tell them to write you a ticket or your leaving. Then take them to court.

The very day I finished the paint up on my V8 Fiero GT, I took my then gf home from Hooters at around 1am. She lived in a smaller suburb of Columbus. Car had a multi colored pearl purple paint job, nice wheels, and a definate rumble (though legal), and the rear wing. I dropped her off at her house, and headed back to mine driving right at the speed limit of 35. No reving, squeeling...really just putting along enjoying the late nite drive. Flashing lights came on behind me and I immediately pulled over thinking an ambulance or something passing me. Nope, pulled right up behind me. Cop sat there for a min then came up to behind the drivers door and tapped on the window. I rolled it down and looked at him over my shoulder. The look on his face was priceless. I asked what the problem was and he said he thought I was going a bit fast (stuttering). I said nope, just dropped someone off at home and cruising back to mine. Then I grinned at him, told him ' you thought I was a kid street racer didnt you ?' because of the car. He gave me the same thing, no we dont do that, go ahead and be careful. His face totally told me he was dumbfounded when he saw a 60 year old guy driving it.

I never carry registration paper with me, usually throw it away. They can get any info thats on it from running my tag. I dont like anything that has my personal info on it kept in the car. They ask all they get is license and insurance card.
cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kawana:

I dunno, it makes me feel a better knowing that if someone did steal my car in the middle of the night, maybe a cop will pull them over just to check. I think 5min of my time isn't too much to ask, like i said.. no harm no foul.

That is a cool concept if that is generally the case. I was pulled over on my way home from work. Let me rephrase. I was surrounded by 4 patrol cars as I exited a gas staion on my way home from work. The primary officer claimed that I was in a vehicle similar to one reported stolen. At the time I was driveing a 1972 Torino station wagon with wood grain on the sides. Not a rust bucket, but not showroom either. When I replied you've got to be kidding, the officer had a slight look of embarrasment on his face. If they were scoping me out, they would have noticed my plates matched the vehicle and, why would there be a need for 4 cars for the initial stop. I believe that profiling was definately involved. I was 40 years old at the time, I am African American, I was in my work uniform. They watched me pump pay fro and pump gas, get in my car and drive to the curb of the station and then stopped me. They checked out my papers and let me go. Good thing I have a strong heart. 4 pollice cars popping out of nowhere can get your pulse rate up. They did keep me there for about 20 minutes and I had a 55 mile drive after working a 12 hour shift.
cnander51

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cnander51Send a Private Message to cnander51Direct Link to This Post

cnander51

117 posts
Member since Oct 2008

I have driven piece of crap vehicles with all kinds of violations on them for years and have never been stopped in another vehicle for piss poor reasons. I try my damndest to keep this Fiero in perfect working order. Why? So I can get pulled over all the time for stupid sh!t? Hell no! I do it so I "don't" get pulled over.

When I get a chance to stop by and see your Fiero, I will drive my minivan. Oh wait a minute. I have been stopped in it for tint and another time for a license plaate light out. Maybe Il ride my bicycle
rdean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdeanSend a Private Message to rdeanDirect Link to This Post
A few months back on my way to work I had my 85 GT (about 4:30 am) I got stopped by a Belliview cop. He came up to the car and demanded my licence, insurance, and registration then he shined the flashlight in my face. I could see his face fall when he realized he just stopped a 60 year old. I gave him my licence and started to open the consoul for the other papers when he interuped me and said don't mind the locence os al I need. He went to his car for about 5 minutes and returned my licence. He said he was very sorry for stopping me as he may have made a mistake and kept apoligizing. I told him it was fine and not to worry about it.

He thought he had a young kid and was so disappointed when he saw me it let all the wind out of his sails.

Actually I was speeding at the time.

Old age does have some benifits

Ray

[This message has been edited by rdean (edited 02-27-2009).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Foxy Fiero13:

First you have to remove your tail lights. Then you have to disasemble them and remove the red insert.Take the red inserts to a plastics shop and have them make you some pieces (color of your choice) that match the same shape as the front portion of the red ones. Then just use some silicone adhesive to keep them in place. Reasemble your lights. Viola, your done.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 02-27-2009).]

Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyDirect Link to This Post
mine was by a cop who followed me for 2-3 miles, b4 pulling me over because my left blinker doesnt work i turned it on, and had the bulb to fix it in the passengers seat, i was gonna do it immediately after getting home (and i did). he also got mad at me for "not pulling over far enough to the right" which would be justifiable if, say, there wasnt a 4ft tall snowbank beside me, or i had more than 4" of ground clearance. when i pointed these things out to him he told me it was my fault for "lowering my cars ride height", and then wanted to search my car after i told him it was a completely stock car. he asked to see my trunk so ii went ahead and popped the hood and trunk, and he wanted to know y. i told him y, and he told me to get out of the car, and then called for back up when i stood up (im 6'6"), thus pissing me off completely and wasting 10 more minutes while we waited. back up was a sargeant, who patted me down, then they searched my car, and tried to confiscate a RAIL ROAD TIE i had in my trunk for traction. at this point i told them to stuff it, ur profiling a teenage driver and hav no reason to do ANY of this. the rail road tie was my dads that he picked up at a job site once about 5 years ago, call him if u want. they both glared at me for the next 2 minutes (not effective when im 10" taller than u btw. looking up that far means its kind of pathetic, not intimidating. think puppy dog eyes) and then let me go saying i needed to fix the blinker asap. i got home, fixed it, and for the next week there was a cop waiting for me outside of my school. i also got a ton of crap from people whod seen me getting searched, mainly bcuz every1 knows that im never going to do anything, so they all knew it was bcuz of my car. this is the only time iv been pulled over so far, but again, that was w/i a week of me getting my car, and its only been 3 months since.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by interceptor429:

my son is a police officer ... when he pulls a fiero over its to get more details on the car ,and tell them about this site.....good kid...lol

Your son is a jackass.
If he's a cop and he pulls someone over, it damn well should be related to his job as a law officer and not to chat about cars.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Never have gotten profiled in 25 years.

But I could see them pulling a oil leaking Iron Duke as a potential Arson suspect. LOL

[This message has been edited by hyperv6 (edited 02-28-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock