Started on: 02-03-2007 12:24 PM
Replies: 143
Last post by: exoticse on 03-17-2009 11:30 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by creator:

Yes,that is possible.If You can shol me some pix to see .Just 3 month ago I bought my first computer and I still don't know how to work it.I have no idea how this REDUX or PLASMA looke's like . Every picture can become a reality . Test me .

The Plasma:

IP: Logged
davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post

Every picture can become a reality . Test me .

How about this:

Since creator wants to be "tested", and considering the very high SWEET factor in that orange Fiero he built, everyone here hires him to do work, he gets rich doing what he's good at, and then is able to hire an ad agency to write grammatically correct ad copy so he can grow his business even more?

Sounds like a win/win/win situation.

Yes?

(NO, he can't touch MY Fiero. It's staying stock! Maybe my second Fiero...?)

------------------

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
wow i really love that thing... can't wait till i'm done with mine. man you do some great work and frankly i don't care about spelling and grammer... heck i've been in the states almost all my life and i still can't even spell right have the time. No offense i was never a huge fan of the orange one but the new ones rear looks sweet. let me know when you get started on making single parts. like the new rear bumper in a non-wide body. Thank you.
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone!

I just found this topic, due to my temporary absence because of school. To tell you the truth I was not happy with what I saw. I am glad that some had the balls to stand up and make the point that this is thread designated for the wide body, not grammatical proficiency. It's a shame that someone would even make that comment about a man who moved here from a different country and knew ZERO words of English. Like the point has been made, proficient spelling will not build this car, talent and skill will. If anyone has a problem understanding, please red phonetically it will help you understand, if not ask me, I'll help you understand it. As far as proving anything I think that my dad and I have proven everything we need to prove. No tests needed. Now lets focus on the car (s). My dad is very excited about starting something new and a comment like this may be misinterpreted by him and others, so lets avoid them. When it gets to that point of marketing we will do our job, but this is still a build thread.

Thanks and lets keep clean, we are all here for the passion of the cars.

I am not really a confrontational person, but stuff like this bugs me.

Alex

Go BEARS!!!

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
In my eyes you both have proven the master craftsmanship level. Can't wait to see what's next.
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
Again, all I meant by my post was that I had trouble understanding some of the posts. I should probably have explained that rather than quoting the other guy. I edited my original post.

It's kind of ironic. I tried to make a post about my misunderstanding of others posts and my post ended up being even more misunderstood. But anyway, let's get back to the car.
davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:
It's a shame that someone would even make that comment about a man who moved here from a different country and knew ZERO words of English.

My parents escaped from Hungary during the 1956 uprising, fleeing Soviet tanks. They came to the new world and made good on a new life. So believe me, I UNDERSTAND! (If I had a dime for every letter that I had to proofread and re-write.... well, I'd have more than just one Fiero!)

However, please understand that no one on the other side of an internet connection knows the "back story" behind your dad's newly-developing English skills. Yes, being new to this country and new to internet technology is a valid excuse for making spelling errors, but please: realize that AutoTech couldn't have known about this prior to reading your dad's post. If I were to learn a little Bulgarian, move to Bulgaria, and then posted an ad online or in a local paper, it would read pretty clunky to the native population too. They'd have reason to question what I was selling.

Wanna avoid this in the future? GET PROOFREADING! LIKE I ALWAYS HAD TO! (Seriously, that was said in jest-- kudos to your dad for embodying the American dream.)

P.S. Your dad's skill in doing what he does with cars is NOT in question! Damn! Sweet orange Fiero!

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Well guys it might be too late, the damage may have be done.

I got a very discouraging email from creator.

He may not be back.
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
But I want a Hood!!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Well guys it might be too late, the damage may have be done.

I got a very discouraging email from creator.

He may not be back.

Some of you guys kill me. The only person who comes along, creates a car from scratch, joins the forum....and then you talk bout' him-----now he's gone. Great job guys.

Edit: I forgot my anger pic

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it ever is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-05-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
that really sucks... he is awsome. could you please send him an e-mail asking him to come back? can't judge 13,785 people for somebody's bad wording. everybody makes mistakes.
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
I didn't sense animosity in these posts. Some didn't understand he was new to english. Some had helpful advice. I never judge somebodys intelligence from their english usage, but some do, and I believe that the proofreading advice was meant to be helpful, not critical.
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Thank you everyone for seeing what exactly my intentions were. I feel bad that he may leave, I didnt mean any harm, and I have nothing against him! I sent him a PM, which I will post below, that will hopefully change his mind.

Bobby,

Im sorry if I made you upset, or if I came across the wrong way. I really just wanted to help your sales promotion by stating that I (as a potential buyer), would feel more comfortable buying from a said seller if he/they were more proficient in a grammatical sense. I didnt know about your past, or who you even were for that matter.

Again, I apologize, and dont let what anyone says or does keep you from doing what you love to do.

Mark
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 02-01-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:
Again, I apologize, and dont let what anyone says or does keep you from doing what you love to do.

Mark

Yeah, I know what you're saying. He (Bobby) may come around to understanding you didn't mean any harm. Bobby might be under pressure due to D7 and sleepless nights? In any case, a person needs to grow a "thick skin" while on PFF. Anyway, your a good person by straightening out the mis-understanding. I just hope that Bobby attends D7 now?

Edit:
Oh yeah, Bobby. If you want to read some harsh comments about my car (s), I'll send you a "insurgent" link. I laugh everytime I read it. I think of it as my, Dr. Phil therapy thread pills.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-05-2007).]

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
A polite suggestion for anyone concerned about their grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills when posting on the forum: type your replies in Microsoft Word or another word processor with a built-in spell checker first, then cut and paste it into the reply box after you've edited your work. Yes, it takes more time and effort, so you'll have to decide for yourself whether or not your unintentional errors and the potential responses they may generate are worth the effort to you. If people pointing out your errors doesn't bother you, don't bother. But if its a serious concern, would it not be worth your time then?
creator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for creatorSend a Private Message to creatorDirect Link to This Post
Hi people, I'm not upset with enybody,and I got the criticesum

I will do my best with my spelling, you do your best to understand me , I'll love to talk about cars ,hoods , bumpers & money [ he he he ]

Any ideas on a new enterior ?............ Dos enybody has ever tried a Dodge Stelt one , so I don't copy anybody !

I'm open for busines , just bought another GT .

Thank YOU for the suport .

Bobby
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
ill give you all my moral support for your finished product.. ?
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
For those that are as spelling challenged as I am. This is a must have for any computer I use especially when chatting on the forum.

http://www.iespell.com/

Download and install IE Spell.

Then when you write a message or post on the forum, just right click anywhere in the body before you click submit and it checks all the spelling for you. Rather quickly I might add. Just make sure to add Fiero to the custom dictionary. If you don't add Fiero as a word, it changes it to Fiery every time. LOL.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

DRA

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post

Hi people, I'm not upset with enybody,and I got the criticesum

I will do my best with my spelling, you do your best to understand me , I'll love to talk about cars ,hoods , bumpers & money [ he he he ]

Any ideas on a new enterior ?............ Dos enybody has ever tried a Dodge Stelt one , so I don't copy anybody !

I'm open for busines , just bought another GT .

Thank YOU for the suport .

Bobby

Glad to see you are still with us, I didn't think they could run you off that easily! LOL

Someone was in the process of installing a Dodge Stealth/Mitsubishi 3000GT type dash a while back it seems, but I never saw the finished product, maybe they gave up, maybe they got sidetracked.

Dug these up just now.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052432.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/076420.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/030885.html

[This message has been edited by DRA (edited 02-05-2007).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Creator: you have a PM (Private Message). i have alot of interior ideas but those are my favorites. By the way.... thank you for sticking around.
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
You might want to look at the Nissan 240sx interior. I think it looks good in the Fiero. My other favorite is the 355 Ferrari replica interior that is built for the Fiero.
creator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for creatorSend a Private Message to creatorDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
So .... is "creator' the kid or his dad ?
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

The later I beleive.
davikan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davikanClick Here to visit davikan's HomePageSend a Private Message to davikanDirect Link to This Post
From what I've read here on Pennock's, the man who created the Plasma has passed away :-( and there won't be any more where that awesome car came from. Do I have this info correct?

Maybe someone needs to scrape the funds together that'll get creator to make an updated version?

A "Plasma II" ???

Hmm...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Creator is the father (bobby)

FieroGTRwideboby is the son (Alex)

Bobby glad to see you will be sticking around ! We need creative minds and skills such as yours on the forum.

Definatly a win-win situation for everyone !

Now all you guys wanting stuff made let's get out the ideas, and " WALLETS " and put this man to work !!!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-06-2007).]

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the Plasma kit is gonna be quite a test (and VERY popular).

But why not start off with something simple - like a targa top kit ?
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
wow paul... you read my mind... i've been working on one for a little while now. haven't had much time for it though... so... if he wants to take over he's more then welcome to. he seems to have more time then i do.
jack_ink

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jack_inkClick Here to visit jack_ink's HomePageSend a Private Message to jack_inkDirect Link to This Post
I have one question for creator: can I come and work under you in the future so I can learn this art from you... and I am going digging to see what all goodies I can find on here from you and get price quotes...

By The Way (BTW) I love the work and the door scoops is exacly what I want on my fiero...

::EDIT:: Also a + to creator for his contributions to this forum and the Fiero in general great work, keep it up

[This message has been edited by jack_ink (edited 02-06-2007).]

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

But why not start off with something simple - like a targa top kit ?

I would DEFINATLY be interested.

Also, any idea how much a hood like the one on the orange car would run?
PFF
System Bot
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
WOW.....One big happy family again!!!!

I can't wait to see what Bobby has in store for us!!!!

------------------

RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by davikan:

From what I've read here on Pennock's, the man who created the Plasma has passed away :-( and there won't be any more where that awesome car came from. Do I have this info correct?

Maybe someone needs to scrape the funds together that'll get creator to make an updated version?

A "Plasma II" ???

Hmm...

Yes, Alex was hit by a vehicle near his home and passed away....But his memory carries on..

+ Creator: Great work, sir...Look forward to seeing more.

Bob

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you Back online creator

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 02-06-2007).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

The later I beleive.

Why are you posting some comments from "Unsafe at any Speed" and then replying from "Autotech"? Am I the only one to pick this up? Your ratings bar with one is dangerously low.

We all make mistakes in life - and your first comments were - well - misplaced. You've said you were sorry - but tried to soften the apology with "reasons". Just scratch it up to "posting before thinking" and say so.

Dave
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Dave, we are not the same person! And I really dont see why you need to bring this subject up again when everything is fine, no need to raise the dead. Do you see how we all sometimes start.....

Originally posted by DrCPU:

"posting before thinking"

No hard feelings man, cant wait to see the new "Black Cherry Chopper"! See you at D7?

Mark
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Dave, we are not the same person! And I really dont see why you need to bring this subject up again when everything is fine, no need to raise the dead. Do you see how we all sometimes start.....
No hard feelings man, cant wait to see the new "Black Cherry Chopper"! See you at D7?

Mark

Cool - see you there!

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
How about a 1990 fiero body kit ? I'm still surprised that someone hasn't done one yet.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/063919.html

I hope no one's lost interest already ?

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 02-12-2007).]

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

How about a 1990 fiero body kit ? I'm still surprised that someone hasn't done one yet.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/063919.html

I hope no one's lost interest already ?

I'm sure that it would cost alot of money being that all the panels would have to be changed. I don't think the demand is there. I know lots of people say they'd love to have a 90, but when it comes to shelling out the thousands, that lots will become few. Alteast that's why I think it hasn't been done.
Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2007 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Bobby

Welcome - about the interior, I know people have tried:4th Gen Firebird, Camaro, GrandAm and the Stealth. To my knowledge, only the Firebird one has been completed (I have yet to see pictures of a finished interior using the others - not saying they are not done).

BTW - nice work on the cars

others: spelling is so over rated, we are only human and make mistakes (especially those that are new to computers, etc) - not everyone can be 'perfect' like some of you are

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock