Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  New and Improved Fiero Badges... (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
New and Improved Fiero Badges... by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 11-29-2006 11:51 PM
Replies: 355
Last post by: Greg Z on 02-14-2009 11:11 AM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
got mine today, thank you sir.
IP: Logged
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
oh c'mon no ones posting pics I'd be all over this one

or placing it on the car and snappin a pic
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I will be sending payment for my order this friday. Sorry for waiting. These look fantastic! I can't wait! $63 for 2 right? Can you ship them to FPO APO addresses?
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

I will be sending payment for my order this friday. Sorry for waiting. These look fantastic! I can't wait! $63 for 2 right? Can you ship them to FPO APO addresses?

I sent you a PM- send me your address and I'll get it out for you this afternoon. $63 will work fine. Pay me when you can.

Andrew
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
The badges came in today and look great!!
Fierari

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierariSend a Private Message to FierariDirect Link to This Post
I'm not too clear on what's available now. So, are red and black supercharged available?

Richard
PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2007 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

oh c'mon no ones posting pics I'd be all over this one

or placing it on the car and snappin a pic

I'll get a pic of the badge laying on my Yat Ming :P .

[This message has been edited by PontiacJ8 (edited 01-29-2007).]

PontiacJ8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post

Sorry about the picture quality, it's using a cell phone.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 05:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
good enough for me

thanks! might have to hit up the post office tomorrow was gonna try to wait till the 31st...
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
I like this one.
I have not read this thread lately but they still come blank? or do you paint them too?

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Hmmmmm...

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
grr hopefully the post office delievers it to the right po box.. nothing in the mail today

yeah they tend to mix the crap up there..
PFF
System Bot
shredd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shreddSend a Private Message to shreddDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Bruno Mid Engine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bruno Mid EngineSend a Private Message to Bruno Mid EngineDirect Link to This Post
WOW, the new badges look GREAT, the gold is going to look super with the Tangier Orange when my GTs paint job is finally complete. Thanks a bunch for all your hard work F-I-E-R-O. Please PM me about how much I still owe for the gold one, Thanks.
Edit, edit, edit, blah blah . . .
------------------
The Fiero, a testiment to unique AMERICAN Engineering

[This message has been edited by Bruno Mid Engine (edited 02-03-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

I like this one.
I have not read this thread lately but they still come blank? or do you paint them too?

The next time I order any badge, it will be colored- the only issue will be what color(s). I am torn between doing the all black, black/red, or a dark silver or grey background. I think that those that are interested in that style will be the ones who ultimately decide the path. It wouldn't be fair, I don't think, for me to pick it alone (unless I don't agree with the majority, then I'll pick what I like ) I'm getting close to having enough to get these ordered. Maybe when the tax money comes in....
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2007 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by Fierari:

I'm not too clear on what's available now. So, are red and black supercharged available?

Richard

I'm still playing with the coloring. I got real excited (and jealous) when I saw the image posted above showing a colored badge thinking that someone had beat me to figuring this out until I realized that it was one that I had posted originally... What I've tried so far: paint pens (suck), Sharpie permanent markers (red and black work great but their website says that the color doesn't hold up for long outside; the silver works great if you "paint it on" once then make lots of dots over that). The one thing you can't do with any of these is go over what was done previous because it loosens the previous layer making it look bad. I've been playing with different spray on coatings but they make the ink from the permanent markers bleed and spread. The only spray that I've had some success with is Minwax spar urethane very lightly with several coats. I'll have to see what that looks like in the morning as it's upstairs drying.

I spoke with a local screen printer who said he couldn't do anything with 'em. I do have a couple ideas that might be a very interesting solution, I'll keep you updated...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 01-30-2007).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
I think all black with or without red text?

The next time I order any badge, it will be colored- the only issue will be what color(s). I am torn between doing the all black, black/red, or a dark silver or grey background. I think that those that are interested in that style will be the ones who ultimately decide the path. It wouldn't be fair, I don't think, for me to pick it alone (unless I don't agree with the majority, then I'll pick what I like ) I'm getting close to having enough to get these ordered. Maybe when the tax money comes in....

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post01-31-2007 05:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
|Well...look who took the picture

He's turned BLUE!!! Is it cold up there?
Nick
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
just wanted to have you double check on the address.. checked the post office again nothing
klemmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for klemmySend a Private Message to klemmyDirect Link to This Post
Whats left? any GT's? with old school logo?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

just wanted to have you double check on the address.. checked the post office again nothing

PM sent with info you sent me to send to.

Originally posted by klemmy:

I have bunches of the Plain, GT, SUPERCHARGED, V8 badges on hand. All of these are available in gold as well, though there are not many of them left.

Originally posted by Sharkman:
I think all black with or without red text?

I agree, I like the all black...

------------------
Please Visit My Fiero Store Thanks!

RTNmsds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post
Curious what you recommend to colorize these with? They really look nice. Can't wait to see them. Will let you know when they get here. Thanks.
PFF
System Bot
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Andrew, I got mine today. They look great!

Thanks
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Can anybody snap me a few large, crisp pics of an uncolored GT badge? Natural sunlight or something similar would be great. I want to do some photoshop/GIMPing to look at color combinations

Originally posted by klemmy:

Andrew, any plans for GT badges using the original pegasus?

- the real Jason
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today! Very nice.
Gonna try to figure out how to color them now.
Have any pics of painted any V8 badges?
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
Should I be worried that I haven't recieved mine yet?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

Should I be worried that I haven't recieved mine yet?

PM sent!
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by Raydar:

Got mine today! Very nice.
Gonna try to figure out how to color them now.
Have any pics of painted any V8 badges?

I've been playing with these and these are the hardest to do (for me) so far...
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

I've been playing with these and these are the hardest to do (for me) so far...

Yeah. I understand. I'm trying to figure out how I want to do it.
If I come up with anything, I'll take pics.

PontiacJ8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2007 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

|Well...look who took the picture
He's turned BLUE!!! Is it cold up there?
Nick

lol
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
I *STILL* think you need to send a set of these to Orief and see what he can do in as far as painting them..

Or maybe roger garrison...

[This message has been edited by datacop (edited 02-01-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

I *STILL* think you need to send a set of these to Orief and see what he can do in as far as painting them..

Or maybe roger garrison...

I sent an email and PM to Oreif but never got a response...
PFF
System Bot
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
F-I-E-R-O,

I got mine in the mail today - no problems with the border!

I have to hand it to you - they look awesome! I thought they were a little big and compared them to the stock units - they are an exact match!

I'm tempted to leave mine plain chrome. I'll also wait to see what you end up doing with materials before I attempt anything with paint.

I'm sure you'll post your solution when you've got one - but way cool just as they are. Are they being stamped out in a press? If so - the only thing I'd change would be to get them to double stamp - or increase the relief. Of course they are great they way they are! One very happy customer.

If anyone is wondering about this then I think you can safely stop wondering - just order them!

It's safe to say that if GM was making the Fiero today that the badge you've designed would be THE badge.

A definite + from me to you.

Dave

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 02-01-2007).]

FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, I guess I was expecting a higher relief but they're still really nice!

I got mine today, although I think I said I'd wait for the classic pegasus + GT if they were going to be available. Are you going to be doing those? I'll keep these in a drawer until I hear back about it. In the meantime, I tested one on my car. It's pretty hard to get tape to stick to non-stick backing when it's below freezing!

As far as how easy they are to read at a distance, I think someone who's that interested could see them at a stoplight if they're beside you, and they might be more eye-catching without the paint. Files are 150-230 Kb:

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view. This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view. This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view. This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

And someone (forgot who, sorry) asked for a preview of possible installs. These are much smaller pics. I plan to do 2 exterior, plus the spare in the passenger compartment somewhere until it needs to replace a stolen fender badge

upper fender
lower fender
qtr. windows
nose badge replacement

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 02-01-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
That actually does look much better than I expected it to look! You know that you can bend them to match the curce of the fender without damaging them. I'd be happy to send you some double stick tape to redo the back of the badge...
fastback 88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Direct Link to This Post
Haven't recieved mine yet!
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
My tape is still intact, unused. I was just sticking duct tape to the plastic coating until I decide where to put them permanently.

As far as coloring, there are some interesting chemical methods that might be better than trying to paint a smooth metal. The internet has many suggestions including:
"Although silver is known as a white metal, it can also appear green, blue-green, red-brown, or purple through the application of sulfides, carbonates, chlorides, and other chemical solutions. The color of silver can also be changed by the application of thin layers of glass, as when fine silver is used in enameling, enamel being basically glass. Sometimes, silver is intentionally blackened with potassium sulfide for an antique look. "
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fastback 88:

Haven't recieved mine yet!

post office could be slow.. haven't gotten mine either, they'll come just be patient. I was going to check today, but thanks to some slow driver I didn't make it to the post office in time. I'll check Monday hopefully I get a check from work then too
RTNmsds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

Although silver is known as a white metal, it can also appear.....

I doubt seriously these are made of silver - at least not at this price.

Andrew - What kind of metal is being used? Perhaps some kind of aluminum alloy? Do they need to be coated to prevent oxidation?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2007 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I was told by the mfr that they are silver caoted- I can check for sure, and that they will not tarnish when exposed to the elements. I agree that chrome would better describe what the finish looks like. The base is copper.
fastback 88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Direct Link to This Post
Still waiting! not in the mail today.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock