Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Another winter project underway... (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Another winter project underway... by Haagster
Started on: 10-24-2005 12:33 PM
Replies: 133
Last post by: Haagster on 02-06-2009 07:12 PM
Haagster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Re-do: I took my passenger seat bottom apart again. First time around, it was a little loose and had more wrinkles than I liked. It looks much better after some more padding and stretching

And the finished passenger seat...

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 01-07-2006).]

IP: Logged
Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
Fricking awesome! Can't wait to seem them in the car, keep up the good work.
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2006 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Now to make this

fit this

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 01-08-2006).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2006 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
As some may have noticed, I put Extreme Dynamat on the interior of the car a few years ago. Now, in order to install behind the seat sub boxes, some of it needs to come off. So today was also the start of that process...

It'll need a little more dynamat removed - then I can seal the boxes to the wall and glass the hole...

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 01-09-2006).]

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2006 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
What did you use to cut the holes in the firewall?
isn't there something you have to watch out not to cut that is in there?

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2006 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ToonTownfiero:
What did you use to cut the holes in the firewall? isn't there something you have to watch out not to cut that is in there?

I used a dremel and cut off wheel. Worked pretty quick and efficient. If you look at the top picture (driver side): in the upper left corner of the hole is the fuel filler tube. Cutting into that would be bad. I used a piece of metal (from my previous cut) to "pad" that area while I made my cuts through there.

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 01-11-2006).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Project for this weekend: Brackets, brackets, brackets... I gotta get the dash mounting done. If that works itself out, I will work on getting the headliner situation worked out... Carlisle is coming fast!!

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 01-12-2006).]

ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haagster:

I used a dremel and cut off wheel. Worked pretty quick and efficient. If you look at the top picture (driver side): in the upper left corner of the hole is the fuel filler tube. Cutting into that would be bad. I used a piece of metal (from my previous cut) to "pad" that area while I made my cuts through there.

Thanks man.
Good work you are doing there BTW.
Keep up the progress.

------------------

1985 2m4
Saskatoon, Sask Canada
Visit the Saskatoon Fiero Club Website at
http://www.freewebs.com/saskatoonfieros/
Come chat with us at our Forum
http://saskfiero.suddenlaunch.com/

Fiero_Adam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
Wow!

I had looked at this thread early on, but haven't checked back. That blue is awesome!! I LOVE it!
Is that the same blue used on the C5 Vette?
And the seats look great! Are you doing any other interior trim using the blue?

------------------

FORMERLY KNOWN AS: sqoach

perceptionist

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for perceptionistSend a Private Message to perceptionistDirect Link to This Post
Hey do you have any more pics of your stockinteriors.com carpet? I Just received carpet for my Fiero from ACC that is total crap, poorly formed and see through, I found Stockinteriors.com and they seem promising, I plan to get Black carpet and pay the xtra $75 for the "Mass Back" What Backing did you get? Does it come with that spongy pad like the one that is attached to the bottom of the factory carpet?

Nice job!!

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:
I had looked at this thread early on, but haven't checked back. That blue is awesome!! I LOVE it!
Is that the same blue used on the C5 Vette? And the seats look great! Are you doing any other interior trim using the blue?

Thank you for the kind words!! The color is not C5 Vette. It is the color Vinny put on one of his trucks a few years ago (he has a large picture in his shop, and we agreed to do "that" blue on the Fiero). Other interior trim in blue??? Haven't decided just yet, but I am thinking and will probably contact MrMike at some point in the next couple months

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 01-12-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Haagster

1378 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by perceptionist:
Hey do you have any more pics of your stockinteriors.com carpet? I Just received carpet for my Fiero from ACC that is total crap, poorly formed and see through, I found Stockinteriors.com and they seem promising, I plan to get Black carpet and pay the xtra $75 for the "Mass Back" What Backing did you get? Does it come with that spongy pad like the one that is attached to the bottom of the factory carpet?

I will get some better pictures of the carpet tonight or tomorrow and post them here.

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 01-15-2006).]

JaxDomino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JaxDominoSend a Private Message to JaxDominoDirect Link to This Post
Totally freaking AWESOME!!! Great job! Keep it going. I wish we had a body shop that good here in J-ville!

------------------

'87 Fiero GT Fastback Auto.

3.8T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8TClick Here to visit 3.8T's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8TDirect Link to This Post
wow, your blue looks close to mine....what car/co. is yours from? (i didnt see it in the posts)
mine is 95-96 GM Admiral Blue.....from the 95/96 Corvette Grand Sport

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GonsaiPK:
However much you paid that bodyshop, it was worth it.

I finally settled my tab at the body shop: The final tally - $11k in labor (273 hours), $500 for parts (not including the parts that I supplied), and $1500 in other materials. Worth it? I still think so - even though I wont be driving it until spring

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Haagster

1378 posts
Member since May 2001
My new carpets:

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Haagster

1378 posts
Member since May 2001
Doing any 'real' work on the car is on hold for a couple weeks while I help my company move to a new office. More in February...

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 01-28-2006).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2006 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
The company move is pretty much in the history book. Only took about 100 hours of unpaid overtime to get it done. Back to the important stuff - my Fiero!! I just picked up a hardtop headliner from Carlisle Auto Salvage, so the pictures from that being altered, covered, and installed will be posted in the next couple days.

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2006 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Haagster

1378 posts
Member since May 2001
Subwoofer boxes in progress:
Nice 2x4 piece of MDF

The leftover MDF

The stack of stuff...

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!! I finally got parts replaced and got my 4.9 to start again!! Nothing like the sound of a V8 in an closed garage. Scared the @$!@# out of my son Now I can get back to putting it back together again and hopefully start driving it again soon...

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 02-18-2006).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2006 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Finally got back to the car this weekend. First up: subwoofer boxes and finishing the firewall cuts...

On the driver's side

On the passenger side:

And my box frames

Now comes installation, and modifying my new carpet to fit...

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 02-19-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Haagster,

I just can't get over how gorgeous that blue looks ! What sort of wheels are you planning on going with ?

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
What sort of wheels are you planning on going with ?

Thank you for the kind words. It is appreciated!! Wheels? Chrome

I am looking, but still not sold on any particular wheel/tire combination yet. I like a lot of what people have on other Fieros. Just haven't found the "one" for my car yet.

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 02-24-2006).]

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Looking real good. What size woofers are you installing? How many cu ft of volume are you getting with your boxes?

------------------
The Steel Lady: Pix to follow........

Super Bowl XL CHAMPS!!!

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2006 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
There will be 2 10" Subwoofers - 500 Watt peak, 250 Watt RMS, 4 Ohm

from the local stereo shop here in Carlisle...

and sub box (version 3):

Also from eBay, I picked up at Viper 500HF alarm that I am going to install this weekend too Spring is coming fast!!

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 03-04-2006).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2006 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
After messing around with the drivers door for a while (fixing some previously unidentified damage from an accident before I bought the car)...

I wanted to fit the Firebird door panels similar to what jscott had done on his. Unfortunately my driver's panel was shattered in too many places and time is running short. Soooooo. I am going to alter a Fiero panel set with the Firebird parts (like what mrfixit did with his install)

I really have to give credit where it is due. Everyone who has done (or worked on) the Firebird install (particularly jscott, mrfixit, and pbj) have helped me to do mine. I would have been lost without those posted install threads!! The car is still in progress. I will have it at Carlisle (finished or not)!!

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 03-08-2006).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2006 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Preview of the upcoming unveiling...

Door panel v1

Unfortunately, my future ex-wife has decided to speed up the process of separation. Soooooooo. I may not make it the half mile to Fieros at Carlisle... We shall see...

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 03-11-2006).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
In trying to get the speedometer working, I remembered just how brittle the C203 connector was getting. Soooo.

A quick trip to Carlisle Auto Salvage nets a replacement.

After stripping out the old wires, the connector itself looks nearly new

So, taking one wire at a time, out with the old - in with the old (but better)

Until everything is back in place like it was...

Still don't have the speedometer problem resolved, but jscott1 has REALLY helped!! I absolutely appreciate his support and guidance. It is great to have so many friends here to bounce problems around to... I better stop before I start tearing up again

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 03-11-2006).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2006 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Haagster

1378 posts
Member since May 2001
I will get it out of the garage tomorrow and get some better pictures to post It's about time to get the cover off of my signature anyway

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 03-12-2006).]

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Jonathan (jscott1) is sending a modified cluster and buffer box so that I can get the speedometer working on my car. I am looking forward to posting pictures of that process (especially since I will be able to drive the car once it is in and working)

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 03-12-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Is that blood ??

PFF
System Bot
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Is that blood ??
[/IMG]

My mom always told me not to play with sharp knives Yea, stripping the door panel drew some blood

(see big red spot at the bottom of the picture )

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 03-14-2006).]

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Haagster:
My mom always told me not to play with sharp knives Yea, stripping the door panel drew some blood

(see big red spot at the bottom of the picture )

MEDIC!!! MEDIC!!!
FIERO OWNER DOWN!!

Wait a sec, mine does that to me as well; their ALL EVIL!!

Great thread BTW...as soon as I get settled, I will be doing the same. I love it!

--Allen

------------------

** RICE - it's whats cookin **
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2006 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
Great work, lot's of detailed stuff.
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 03-27-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

The car looks amazing.

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Latest update: I have said it before and I will say it again - Rockcrawl is the "MAN"!!

After a 100 mile drive over to Rockcrawl's place, he got my speedometer problem fixed in just about 4 minutes flat. Turns out the speedometer out from my Caddy ECM was not happening. Apparently somewhere along the way, I fried the circuit. Changing the wire from B11 to B12 did the trick and (ta da) I have a working speedometer on my Firebird cluster!! Add that one to the knowledge base when the speedo doesn't work...

Jon did my engine swap in 1993, but could not believe that it was the same car (until he had a chance to see his own handiwork)...

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 05-10-2006).]

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
*Bump*

Any updates? Always love seeing the Blue projects... wanted to see the progress.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Holy #@$%@# Has it really been that long... Things are beginning to settle down with a little personal situation (that unfortunately delayed my working on the car), so it is going to be back to the car again. Unfortunatly I lost my digital camera in the divorce (did I say that???), so pictures will be slow in coming until I get another. The car is running, the speedometer works thanks to rockcrawl (with a major assist from jscott1), the subwoofer boxes are going to be redone (again) as will the rest of the interior work. Yes - I will continue to work on this car. Yes - I will post pictures and stories. Yes - I will be at Carlisle (unless I am in jail). Yes - it is coming along. No - it will never be done

RCR has a great thread for his interior. I am watching that one pretty close too (and may *borrow* some of his ideas!!). Keep up the great work RCR!!!

------------------

Project Fiero GT 2M8 Update thread

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 05-10-2006).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Haagster, how soon you need that center console we've talk about (still interested?) just curious how big my time window is (im getting into some pretty long heavy and drawn out projects of my own here. which you'll have to drop by and check out someday) LMK if you still want one it'll be a few months untill I finish the mold for myself, but if you still want one i might have to change my schedule to go ahead and get it done. keep me informed

------------------

" Life is short, Live alittle and If you feel froggy, jump. "
86 GT Build-Up----> https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/059108.html

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay