Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Ausie door rockers....do you want them? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Ausie door rockers....do you want them? by madcurl
Started on: 06-07-2004 01:27 PM
Replies: 146
Last post by: exoticse on 11-13-2008 04:02 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2005 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

I have done this mod and have made a few changes from Madcurls car especially by the rear lights and doors but I did mold in my existing transam side scoops .....it was fun when you get your car I will help you do it for FREE just buy lunch .

Hey, Master Tuner Akimoto (if it's okay with you?)........I would like to see your "creation" when I get back to Florida. Or you can "tease" us with a pic? I'm bored and my car is 3,000 miles away, hehe.

IP: Logged
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2005 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curly I will try to get my camera connected to the computer and recognize each other so maybe tomorrow I will have some pic or I will send them to you
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone else have the Ausie door rockers laying around? I got a idea to do something a little different with them.

Thanks.

Madcurl

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Hmmm......looking at this one and M.T.A.'s master creation has me re-thinking.

Recessed door handles:

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2005 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Just noticed it looks like the Fiero engineers used 2 stock intake grills to make the grills on the 90 prototype. One is turned around backward, and the other is cut to the curved shape at the back of the intake.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Anybody come up with any new ways or ideas of how to shape the ausie rockers ?

Anybody else going the madcurl route ?

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
Most likely, when I find some suitable rims, I'll be attempting this mod as well, and I'll be using the Aussie Rockers on the doors as well, because that's just too cool. I'll use the Archie IRM rockers, and front fenders as well, but I'm not even going to worry about door handles, because I'm gonna shave them. It's either this or the Firebird dash this winter, so I've got to choose, cause I can guarantee I'll only have enough time / funds to do one or the other. This summer my GT'll be getting the Kahine's rear light panel, an SBC 305 carb'd, Eibach lowering springs front and rear with new Koni struts front and rear, and if I can find a good deal on some, I'll pick up some 18" / 17" gunmetal 5-spokers (though I'd rather 20" / 19", just depends on availability and funds)... This winter she'll be getting either the Firebird dash, or this widebody mod (or possibly both), we'll see, yet again, depends on availability of time and funds. I really want to get 'er repainted before next summer no matter what, so I'd prefer to do this widebody mod, so I won't have to repaint twice (veeeery expensive), and I plan on using either a bright yellow paint, like the stock 88 GT's, or the Jaguar Racing Green, as used by MinnGreen (sorry, but I LOVE that color, lol)... I want to see what I can do about squeezing in some 305's in the rear, which are freaking FAT, and on the front, I'd like to see around the 250-ish range, so I might need to do some front end mods (stay tuned for them)... In essence, I have a busy schedule ahead of me for the next few months to a few years with my baby. She'll be almost as nice as Madcurl's silver choppie, and the reason I say "almost", is because mine isn't chopped and probably will never be, cause Archie's job is around $4,000 which I DO NOT have lying around, lol... Oh well, I'll make do with what I've got, oh, and did I mention I'm only 17 ?

Holy snap that was a long post, and yea... I've got a lot of plans for my GT, but they'll ALL happen

Edit: Huk'd onn fonix rillie wurks fer mee!

[This message has been edited by 1986 Fiero GT (edited 04-26-2005).]

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2005 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Been real busy lately withh several projects going on but yesterday I decided to start smoothing and sanding out the wide body project of which I will continue today,plenty work left to do to even it out but it is fun especially when it is finished.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i think i'm gonna try it on my chopper, but for now it would be part of a "mod chain reaction". i'm wanting some front fenders for another project, some vents behind the front wheel on my convertible (but i won't seriously start that till i work out a rear scoop project for it i'm working on now). if i can get it to work out, i'll swap out the front fenders on my convertible and use them to do some wide body eyeballing (or if i mess them up i can cut that part off and they'll be what i use for the chopper). it already has irm rocker scoops on it.

for the wheel part, i still love antera 109's and have several sets in my garage. if i go with the wide body idea i'll pick a set with a more negative offset i have and work the fenders out accordingly.

i love having a bunch of ideas flying, but can you see why i never get things compleatly finished?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2005 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Hey MTA,

A problem I forsaw and discussed with madcurl is getting the widebody even on both sides, and flush with the wheels, without the wheels and tires on.

He ran into that problem on the fiero Redux, when he only had the wheels on the project. WHen he mounted the tires on the rims and then put them on he discovered it was not up to snuff ?

I think he plans to redo or spurce up the redux rear widebody now.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2005 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
I understand what you are talking about and what I did was to cut the lip off the fender and got them measured equally now after temporary mounting them you take a measurement from the inner body panel to the edge of the fender and that will determine the final fitment before you do the final molding in .
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2005 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I understand what you are talking about and what I did was to cut the lip off the fender and got them measured equally now after temporary mounting them you take a measurement from the inner body panel to the edge of the fender and that will determine the final fitment before you do the final molding in .

Thats what I did too but my problem was I didn't have he car on the ground due to me not having the tire mounted. I need to add maybe a inch flare to cover? Anyway, MTA keep-up the good work

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bumb for the newbee's.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I have a feeling once #15 and MTA are both all done we will see more of this mod popping up.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2005 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

A bump to keep this thread alive for the newbies.

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2005 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

i think i'm gonna try it on my chopper, but for now it would be part of a "mod chain reaction". i'm wanting some front fenders for another project, some vents behind the front wheel on my convertible (but i won't seriously start that till i work out a rear scoop project for it i'm working on now). if i can get it to work out, i'll swap out the front fenders on my convertible and use them to do some wide body eyeballing (or if i mess them up i can cut that part off and they'll be what i use for the chopper). it already has irm rocker scoops on it.

well i got the rear scoop project i mentioned for the convertible to work (my "pseudo widebody"). so i'm kinda keeping an eye out for some fenders. the bugets thinner and thinner though. i want to maybe start working on the fenders for the convertible to have them ready to swap over the winter. that'll free up another set for the wide body experiment.

see? mod chain reaction.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2005 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Any progress pics of the fender flares M.T.A.? I would love to see them.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2005 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Curly the fender is finished and waiting final prep before painting which will be awhile as I was finishing the inside of the car and the instrumentation for the new engine would like to have gone Dakota Digital like you but went Autometer instead , I was checking into goind with VDC but it would be too musnh work as my fender r and the 355 nose is molded in and I would have to tear it apart to do that ........too much work and would set me back for Daytona but I have a few new tricks that I will keep you informed via PM.

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 08-22-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2005 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Curly the fender is finished and waiting final prep before painting which will be awhile I was checking into goind with VDC but it would be too musnh work as my fender r and the 355 nose is molded in and I would have to tear it apart to do that ........too much work and would set me back for Daytona but I have a few new tricks that I will keep you informed via PM.

Hmm? If the VDC kit is a "Fiero" kit then, you might be able to slide those puppies on? If you can take the stock door off without removing the side fenders......then your good to go!

Its the shaving of the inner fender that needs trimming because the stock lip would interfer with VDC arm. Example

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-22-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
More good ideas from various members who "think outside the box."

Custom2m4 creation. Oh yeah....bump!

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2005 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
since i can't start yet i'm getting time to think about it. i know i won't be getting any of the stage two rockers unless i come by some by incredible luck.

but since i look at a lot of import mags, i've been seeing an rx7, the veilside fortune fd3s, in a lot of them. the way they shaped the sides looks possible on a fiero if you're starting with a set of irm's. it's something i'll be looking at whenever i get a chance to experiment with it.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2005 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Bump for newbie knowledge.

A very cool, cheap mod.

A big plus for madcurl.

CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSDirect Link to This Post
Someone please tell them drivers side on driver side an passenger side on passenger side ,NO CRISCROSS
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CETICARS:

Someone please tell them drivers side on driver side an passenger side on passenger side ,NO CRISCROSS

Hehehe.

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2005 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Curls;

I have a set if your interested; I cant remember if I contacted you about 'em or not.

If your going to the coast run, I'd let ya have 'em for the low low price of a ride in the N* and a beer afterwards.

--Allen

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

Curls;

I have a set if your interested; I cant remember if I contacted you about 'em or not.

If your going to the coast run, I'd let ya have 'em for the low low price of a ride in the N* and a beer afterwards.

--Allen

Yes. I'd be interested in getting them. My mind is now in "Stealth mod."

Lothurin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2005 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LothurinClick Here to visit Lothurin's HomePageSend a Private Message to LothurinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

More good ideas from various members who "think outside the box."

Custom2m4 creation. Oh yeah....bump!

give it to a canadian to think of something like that.....damnit now that gave me a idea..and i have no spare fenders

[This message has been edited by Lothurin (edited 11-15-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmmmmm deciding which fiero to do this to.

The choptop ? The stock GT, or the stock coupe - soon to be aero body notchie ?

Decisions, decisions.

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
I will do this mod on my next projekt car but I prefer Madcurls

more than this

Next projekt will be a widebody choptop GT. Will get a new GT too work on next year. Now when I have the "new" garage.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2005 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Wow.. how did I not see this before... haha, as I get cross referenced as the Canadian ! They look ALOT different now though... I actually cut the vents out of the fenders, they look alot like the Plazma now.... Sort of what I was going for. But thanks for posting them here curls

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Wide Receivers: A comparison view...it's all good.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-23-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
This is still my favorite wide body setup...

I love it so much that I want to marry it heheheheheee

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

This is still my favorite wide body setup...

I love it so much that I want to marry it heheheheheee

It's nice too. However, the IRM has a softer edge.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
I think that one by B & B is a bit too much IMO.

Something about it just looks odd.

But it's ok,...hey we all like different things.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-23-2006).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Well, besides it being $1000 vs $4500, I like the character it gives the car- a lot like me, tough but not too racy.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Can't forget this cool mod.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2006 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Baby lip fender flares:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Anybody else got any of the ausie door rockers they are trying to get rid of or don't need ?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Bump.

Still looking.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2006 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
well, it turns out that the veilside rx7 i mentioned earlier is the one they used in the latest fast and furious movie, so it was easier to find a pic of one...

http://www.boyrotor.com/veilside_fortune_rx7.html

i'm not saying copy it, but if you're starting with a set of irm/archie scoops, something similar might be possible.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock