Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Ausie door rockers....do you want them? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Ausie door rockers....do you want them? by madcurl
Started on: 06-07-2004 01:27 PM
Replies: 146
Last post by: exoticse on 11-13-2008 04:02 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2004 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

International Delivery !!

Package recieved, from Denmark to Orlando, thanks Hans. Hopefully u recieved my paypal payment !? Good job on the packaging, rockers undamaged.

Still waiting on my second set from Louisiana. Hopefully in the next week or so we will be able to let the cat out of the bag and show you what is being cooked up.

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2004 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
package number 2 arrived today !!

Got my second set of ausie rockers ( eventually for car #2, yet to be found).

So many times we hear about members getting ripped off, but i would like to give positive recommendations to 88fierogt123 and 88GTfastback if anyone has to do any future trades, or buisness with them. Both took special care to wrap the very fragile contents being sent and sent them promptly.

I would gladly do buisness with them again without hesitation.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Sorry would'a had pics with those puppies on but, Trends was way too busy during imports.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Sorry would'a had pics with those puppies on but, Trends was way too busy during imports.

Darned imports hehehe !

88fierogt123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierogt123Send a Private Message to 88fierogt123Direct Link to This Post
Glad to hear you got them!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2004 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Okay for those who have been dying to know what has been going on, and what is the deal with the rockers?

Well here is your answer !

** Check the " fiero redux " thread for a picture of the mockup. **

I will be doing this on my car (s) also !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2004 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

It looks like we're at the stage we should guess what the Heck are you planning! I could think of a few things, seeing the redux...But I am not going to tell ya! Oh well....I have no clue

Hmmm.......did you guess it right? Hey Exoticse, can you post those other drawings?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2004 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2004 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Latest rendering :

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I really like the "new" rendering... it's like a more-modernized version of the IRM rocker/scoops - so how long before we see the real thing?
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

What about closing the lines at the front?...and maybe a subtle duotone paintjob?

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2004 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

What about closing the lines at the front?...and maybe a subtle duotone paintjob?

I did. I sent (3) different pics to Exoticse. When he has time maybe he'll post them?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
ooops sorry i missed that cue.

Will hop on it.

dtownFIEROohio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dtownFIEROohioClick Here to visit dtownFIEROohio's HomePageSend a Private Message to dtownFIEROohioDirect Link to This Post
Hey seriously i'm interested in finding a set of intergrated rockers with scoops @ a decent price.

I wanna see who can give me the best price out there!!!!

does anyone actually know about a body kit for the fiero that is not a million dollas and not a frickin kit car body... u know A BODY Kit or just a front fscia kit that isn't PISA and cost more than 400bucks .

please reply.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dtownFIEROohio:

does anyone actually know about a body kit for the fiero that is not a million dollas and not a frickin kit car body... u know A BODY Kit or just a front fscia kit that isn't PISA and cost more than 400bucks .

There really isn't a body "Kit" designed for a Fiero (like Honda's where you find the "Kombat", "Spyder", and other oddly named parts). The only complete body kits are IMSA widebodies and they cost a pretty penny and are far more work than any import-type body.

What it really comes down to is playing mix-n-match with all the widely varied parts out there... I have parts from at least 6 different vendors on my car to make up the design using only elements I like.

Photo almost 4 years ago...

Photo from last year...

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

There really isn't a body "Kit" designed for a Fiero (like Honda's where you find the "Kombat", "Spyder", and other oddly named parts). The only complete body kits are IMSA widebodies and they cost a pretty penny and are far more work than any import-type body.

What it really comes down to is playing mix-n-match with all the widely varied parts out there... I have parts from at least 6 different vendors on my car to make up the design using only elements I like.

Photo almost 4 years ago...

Photo from last year...

Minngreen, I must say I really love your car. It seriously has been one of my favorites for as long as I've been on the forum. I'm currently in the process of trying to create a notchy version.

Matt

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dtownFIEROohio:

Hey seriously i'm interested in finding a set of intergrated rockers with scoops @ a decent price.

I wanna see who can give me the best price out there!!!!

please reply.

I agree w/MinnGreen. Using different items from each venders is alternative way if you don't a wide body kit. Thats what I did using Ausie, Fiero Store, Fiero Warehouse, and Archie's. To take it a step further, modify these items for a truely unique look.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Just for vendor references, I've got the following on my GT: Rockcrawl's JL Extractor hood vent, 'Stang-style deck scoop from Fibersmith, Stage2 Quarter panel scoops from FieroShop Int'l (Aus), Custom M3-style rocker panels (custom made, with concept credit going to RadRuss), urethane front air dam (concept by Lawrence, made popular by Skitime), raiased wing stands from Fiero Warehouse, hybrid Tom/Kris Munson recessed headlights w/lens (and Racingman24 helped me install HIDs), and Jaguar Racing Green paint as applied by Firefox. That's a pretty good start

Originally posted by fiero go fast:

Minngreen, I must say I really love your car. It seriously has been one of my favorites for as long as I've been on the forum. I'm currently in the process of trying to create a notchy version.

Matt

Thanks Matt - I appreciate the praise! I'd love to see what you've been working on.

Aside from the parts shown in these photos, I'm also waiting for my 4th wheel to be delivered so I can have them powdercoated in the same gold as the ones currently on the car (the style I wanted wasn't available in gold - so I decided I'd just have to make 'em that way), additionally I bought myself a Christmas gift of FieroStore's "Turbo Quarter Window Scoops" (the ones with the small window still in them) that I hope to get installed on the car this spring. ...then of course there's that TPI V8 in my garage, but that's a whole different story all together!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 01-12-2005).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2005 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i've done the same. the only thing is it seems no one will make a rear facia option.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Ok you seen the mocks ups and you have seen the drawings, now it is time to get busy using those Ausie door rocker trim !

Madcurl getting serious for Daytona:

In addition to the Ausie trim, a fender flare is being added to the rear to help offset the large rear tires and give a -wide body like effect:

When all is said and done the IRM rockers will be reshaped and everything smoothed in:

Anybody with any glass skills at all can do this ! What simple and stunning way to transform the look of your fiero ! Heck of a lot cheaper than buying a wide body kit and will look just as hot !

Keep an eye on this baby for Daytona !

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2005 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
did that fender flare start life as a front fender?

That looks like it's going to be awesome!!!

Editted because that's what it is... but your not doing something I thought was happening

Appears your getting ready to cut the back off the 'flare' donor... I was looking at it thinking that would absolutely rock if you continued it to rear stepped out a couple of like it is taped to car and let it cut off leaving a vent hole to rear. Now I'm wishing I'd pulled the front fenders off my 86 parts car before I scrapped it. That gives me so many ideas for my coupe... just not sure how they'd look vs a fastback (which I think it would look better on) I love side scoops that don't stick out from the car and what your doing with the flare appears to make the scoop seem to be integrated rather than plastered on.

[This message has been edited by Scott-Wa (edited 02-03-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
bonzo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 05:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonzoSend a Private Message to bonzoDirect Link to This Post
Those look an awful lot like Archies integrated rocker panels. If they're not,. What's the difference between his and these?

------------------

matchmade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for matchmadeSend a Private Message to matchmadeDirect Link to This Post
So how are you planning on doing the gas door on the other side? The lines of the new "flare" run right across the gas door opening. Are you doing a cut out there, reshaping the door or relocating it?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bonzo:

Those look an awful lot like Archies integrated rocker panels. If they're not,. What's the difference between his and these?

Ummmm,...... they are Archie's IRM rocker panels and that was stated above, you must have missed that.

Yeah pretty sure he is just going to cut out the section for the gas door.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-03-2005).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2005 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good - after seeing you work on the "widebody" concept - I've been contemplating messing with my Dad's project car a bit more... but that won't be for quite awhile.

Scott-Wa - I see what you're saying about cutting & venting the back of the flare (kind of DTM-style)... that's pretty much what I've been visualizing as well... here's hoping!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 02-03-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Pics of the ausie rockers smoothed in:

How it is all coming together with the widebody fender flare added and modiefied Archie IRM rocker

Can't wait to get started on my set,... this is coming out really good, but gotta get my chop done first !

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
COOL!
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
WOW I just can't help it, I really like this idea !

exoticse, you are the most artistic MAN to my knowledge!

THUMBS UP! 4 U!

Hey, you know what? I have to go to Gainesville (University of Florida) this weekend and I will drive by Orlando, you want to meet somewhere and get the Polly bushings then?

PM me and let me know!
**BTW a build thread for the N-star is coming soon!**

Take care!
JG.

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post

THE BEAST

1177 posts
Member since Dec 2000
I think I can look at this picture for the rest of the day!

When all is said and done the IRM rockers will be reshaped and everything smoothed in:

Anybody with any glass skills at all can do this ! What simple and stunning way to transform the look of your fiero ! Heck of a lot cheaper than buying a wide body kit and will look just as hot !

Keep an eye on this baby for Daytona ![/QUOTE]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

WOW I just can't help it, I really like this idea !

exoticse, you are the most artistic MAN to my knowledge!

THUMBS UP! 4 U!

Hey, you know what? I have to go to Gainesville (University of Florida) this weekend and I will drive by Orlando, you want to meet somewhere and get the Polly bushings then?

PM me and let me know!
**BTW a build thread for the N-star is coming soon!**

Take care!
JG.

Whoaaaaaaaaaa nelly !!!

This is Madcurl's idea and his car !!!!!!!!!

I will just be copying his idea, please give him full and total credit for this idea !!!!! This might be the simplest and best mod of 2005, and might make a few fiero vendors a bit uneasy hehehe.

Madcurl is the artistic genius, not me.

Polly bushings ?? What Polly bushings ?? I think you got your emails or PM crisscrossed ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-14-2005).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

did that fender flare start life as a front fender?

That looks like it's going to be awesome!!!

Editted because that's what it is... but your not doing something I thought was happening

Appears your getting ready to cut the back off the 'flare' donor... I was looking at it thinking that would absolutely rock if you continued it to rear stepped out a couple of like it is taped to car and let it cut off leaving a vent hole to rear. Now I'm wishing I'd pulled the front fenders off my 86 parts car before I scrapped it. That gives me so many ideas for my coupe... just not sure how they'd look vs a fastback (which I think it would look better on) I love side scoops that don't stick out from the car and what your doing with the flare appears to make the scoop seem to be integrated rather than plastered on.

About that rear bumper vent,...well it was already a part of the plans and has been in the works. Here is a early cardboard mockup of what it will look like.

PFF
System Bot
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
UPSSSSSss, sorry madcurl

Still is the best mode I have see yet!

CONGRATULATIONS MADCURL!

BTW is you who wants the polly kit for the 84-87 engine cradle, right? As far as I know there is only one exoticse in this forum!

You ask me about my N-star project.

JG.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Ahhhh i see your confusion, i was just asking about your northstar swap not asking about the polly bushings. I sent u a pm from within that thread and it must have included the header from the thread.

No i am not interested in the poly bushings kit, sorry if i confused u.

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2005 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
I got you, no problem!

Take care!
James.

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?

I want to see more Pics!

Thanks!
JG.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Check out the chop top #15 thread , don't want to eat up too much bandwith with duplicate pictures.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/046552-5.html

Thanks

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-18-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scott-Wa:

I was looking at it thinking that would absolutely rock if you continued it to rear stepped out a couple of like it is taped to car and let it cut off leaving a vent hole to rear. I love side scoops that don't stick out from the car and what your doing with the flare appears to make the scoop seem to be integrated rather than plastered on.

That was my "whole" idea behind doing this. I got the idea after the Redux flaring. The Plasma Fiero has a similar one but, is much cleaner but this will do and much, much cheaper. It will have the Redux's Camero bow-tie tips to fade into. I left a opening between the two skins so that "trapped" air can flow out.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-23-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2005 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Thank you sir. I'm already on it. I'm always open for new ideas.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2005 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Anybody else thinking about doing the same or similair mod ??

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2005 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
I have done this mod and have made a few changes from Madcurls car especially by the rear lights and doors but I did mold in my existing transam side scoops .....it was fun when you get your car I will help you do it for FREE just buy lunch .
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock