Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Recessed headlights using Camaro headlights (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Recessed headlights using Camaro headlights by kmunson56
Started on: 03-25-2004 11:36 PM
Replies: 149
Last post by: LilRedT-Top on 09-25-2008 02:16 PM
wiley90

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2006 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiley90Send a Private Message to wiley90Direct Link to This Post
New member here. I have a 1984 notchie that would love those head lights! I hope the kit is still available. I will patiently wait for a reply. Thanks. Dean
IP: Logged
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2006 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wiley90:

New member here. I have a 1984 notchie that would love those head lights! I hope the kit is still available. I will patiently wait for a reply. Thanks. Dean

You have a PM and welcome to the forum

------------------

2004 Pontiac Cosmos Purple GTO 1 of 334
1988 Fiero GT
1988 Fiero Formula
1998 Chevy Blazer

IIFAST4U

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIFAST4UClick Here to visit IIFAST4U's HomePageSend a Private Message to IIFAST4UDirect Link to This Post
Still making them kits?

Shawn

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIFAST4U:

Still making them kits?

Shawn

He is still doing them...

never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
I am a complete mechanical dummy. BUT------ I had the hood off while replacing the radiator and purchased the kit from Kris. It is such a neat kit. With the hood off I was able to install it. Before I put on the lexan covers I had complete access to the hinge mounting bolts. I dreaded putting the hood back on because I had no help. I simply laid the hood down on the opening and tightened the bolts. Then I put in the final covers for the lights. All I have to do yet is aim the headlights. I just wanted to thank Kris on the forum for a job well done. He was even kind enough to paint the unit for me. He doesn't recommend taking the hood off in his instructions but the whole process was no problem.
SNMFX

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-19-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
Can you send me all the info for purchasing this kit if it is still available?
Thanks
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2006 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SNMFX:

Can you send me all the info for purchasing this kit if it is still available?
Thanks

Send Kris an email telling him what you want at kmunson56@netscape.net

I just bought a kit from him, but it has to wait until I finish changing out my control arm bushings. It usually takes about 2 wks for him to make the kit. He does this in his spare time. I will say this, it is a first rate job from the packaging to the installation instructions.
msrservices

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesDirect Link to This Post
It's been a while, but I have to say that this is a great kit!

I added a little more light by pulling the parking lights and replacing them with a dual bulb (white fog light and amber 194 bulb marker light) lights.

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by msrservices:

It's been a while, but I have to say that this is a great kit!

I added a little more light by pulling the parking lights and replacing them with a dual bulb (white fog light and amber 194 bulb marker light) lights.

when did you get your kit? I emailed him back in November and once before asked how far along he was I don't want to annoy the living crap out of him said I was in line, just don't know where exactly.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
This is a side line with him so it takes a while, hes a good guy give him time.
msrservices

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesDirect Link to This Post
I actually got my kit a while ago, but never got around to taking pictures or anything. So I just thought about it this weekend and wanted to show more pictures of the kit.
PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
yeah he told me it was a side job, just hoping by spring

I'm sure you already could tell, but they look good mrservices
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post
yeah they look good, light output leaves much to be desired tho, even with the high output silver star bulbs i put in them. i guess i need to get some driving lights er something
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jermz238:

yeah they look good, light output leaves much to be desired tho, even with the high output silver star bulbs i put in them. i guess i need to get some driving lights er something

I've heard mixed reviews on this
Dana McAlister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dana McAlisterClick Here to visit Dana McAlister's HomePageSend a Private Message to Dana McAlisterDirect Link to This Post
Kris, i sent you a pm.
houdelum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for houdelumSend a Private Message to houdelumDirect Link to This Post
I sent an email to the address in the op.
Looking forward to buying a kit.
tvelarde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tvelardeClick Here to visit tvelarde's HomePageSend a Private Message to tvelardeDirect Link to This Post
I emailed Munson, got a fast reply and ordered earlier this year. I received the setup and installed it in August. I had some problems adjusting the high beams until I re-read the instructions, but then everything worked great. They do not have the output of some but I supplement with driving lights. My Camaro uses the same lights but they have a bit less restriction and do produce a lot better light pattern, but I really like the looks. Since installing them I have had probabley 15 people ask where I got them.

------------------
14 Fieros, some run, some don't..

3 V8s to date, another in the works

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2007 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
We installed them on my son's 87GT and they look great and work great. I don't really notice a bad amount of light, they are sufficient for my driving, however, my son is looking into adding some driving lights to supplement them.
They are easy to install and the directions are very very well written and explained (I say this b/c even a moron like me was able to follow them and install the lights).
Otis249

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2008 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Otis249Send a Private Message to Otis249Direct Link to This Post
Is he still making these? If so anyone know the turn around time? My pops and I are looking for a fixed conversion kit. Any help would be awsome. Thanks!
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
me too, i sent him a pm & email recently...

we'd be veeery grateful Kris...
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
i want to put these lights in PLACE of the stock ones, i still want flip ups though..
PFF
System Bot
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Direct Link to This Post
what is the current price of this again?
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Foxy Fiero13:

what is the current price of this again?

I think it's $400 for the whole bit, lights & all. Seems I recall you can get it without the lights for less.

I called Kris about a month ago, to put me on the backorder list, and he said there were 4 others ahead of me. I might have to wait a while.

CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I believe that Michael paid $275 for his. But that was almost a year ago.

The lights give off the same amount of light as the stock pop-ups. I have compared them by driving both his GT and my Indy right after each other in the same area at night. There is no difference.

We took almost 2 hours to align the lights (much longer than it took to actually install them).
If you are patient and precise the lights work wonderfully.
I do not feel that there is a need to add driving lights to make the light kit work as others think.
We live in a rural area with lots of deer and other animals and I am not in the least bit afraid of not seeing something.
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:
I've heard mixed reviews on this

kmunson's set is very nice.

ive had my homebrew set of camaro lights for almost 4 years now and have never had an issue with visibility or police attention. i'm sure kmunson's set is just as good if not better, so i dont know why there would be any question.
FieroBrad87

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBrad87Send a Private Message to FieroBrad87Direct Link to This Post
So how much are they these days? $275 or $400? Maybe I should just go to Norm if I can get them right away from him.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
I paid $400.00 but that was for the H.I.D. ones.
F355

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355Send a Private Message to F355Direct Link to This Post
I'm really interested in a pair of these. I sent an email but no response. Is there a website or another way to contact? Thanks.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know if Kris is still making these?
I've got a set from a couple years back, but have a friend who would like to do the same mod.

Kris's seemed to be the best deal over Norm's and were hands down one of the easiest things I've done to my car.

(FWIW I know Kris works full time and this is a side gig, so it may take a bit to get a reply from his email)

[This message has been edited by Uaana (edited 09-25-2008).]

LilRedT-Top

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilRedT-TopSend a Private Message to LilRedT-TopDirect Link to This Post
Your best bet is call him @352-591-4308 leave a message or 352-274-0549 leave a message. He is still making the light kits and turn signal covers.

Audrey Munson
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock