Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Recessed headlights using Camaro headlights (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Recessed headlights using Camaro headlights by kmunson56
Started on: 03-25-2004 11:36 PM
Replies: 149
Last post by: LilRedT-Top on 09-25-2008 02:16 PM
Racer_JT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2004 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Just checking to see if you have them ready?

Thanks,
Jesse

IP: Logged
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
I just opened my box from you and WTF!!!!!!! These are bad azz! What a great job you did on the kit. First thing I notice is the packaging. Big A+ there. Then I start looking at all the pieces and my WOW factor just jumped up and smacked me (thats what I call my wife, boy did that hurt). No really I can't wait to get these installed. It will probally not be until monday but I will post pics.

Thanks Again,
Jesse

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2004 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
I installed these tonight and they are awesome!
Just make sure you READ the instructions!

Thanks Again for a great job on them,
Jesse

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2004 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
I am going to order a set is the plastic cover also installed JT.

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 08-18-2004).]

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is installed. They were very easy to install. The craftmanship is first rate and design is extremely well done.
Voided

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VoidedSend a Private Message to VoidedDirect Link to This Post
Nice frontend!
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2004 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Racer_JT------------------You have a PM
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2004 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Those look SWEET!!! I was going to order a set for myself, but then hurricane Charley came along.
fotofrank

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2004 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fotofrankClick Here to visit fotofrank's HomePageSend a Private Message to fotofrankDirect Link to This Post
I installed mine in a very short time. Of course I already had flush mounts and replaced them with these. Easy work, good result. Thanks
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
I may have missed this but what are the clear covers made of?

Thanks

PFF
System Bot
kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
Sourmug,
The lenses are made out of plexiglass. I have had a set in my car for over a year and a half and they are still good. The vacuum former who makes them was unable to get lexan to form properly. The bigger companies who might be able to form them out of lexan would probably charge a lot more making the kit quite a bit more expensive.There are quite a few sets out there in other cars and I have only had two people who needed a replacement lens. Those were broken by something heavy falling on the lens.
For those interested in the lights I should have at least ten sets available for purchase in about three weeks. We have about five sets of used lamps available to go with the lights sets.
Thanks!
Kris
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Cool deal. By then, I should be done cleaning up after Charley. He was one messy bastid.
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2004 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Very nice Kris I have a set of lamps and will definately get a set this coming week ,will send you a email in regards to this .
liltobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for liltobeSend a Private Message to liltobeDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work, I think they look great!
I might pick up a set when I get my fiero running again.

------------------

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2004 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
how much are those?
kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2004 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
The complete kit with used headlights is $250.00 shipped in the US. With out the used headlights it is $200.00 shipped. I primer the housing but I can paint them prior to shipping if desired.
Thanks!
Kris
FierOmar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kmunson56:
The complete kit with used headlights is $250.00 shipped in the US. With out the used headlights it is $200.00 shipped. I primer the housing but I can paint them prior to shipping if desired.
Thanks!
Kris

Does that price include the Plexiglass covers?

------------------
FierOmar

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
Yea, it includes the covers. Kris, I will be getting a set shortly from you, just have to allocate a little bit more funds.
JG87LXi-2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JG87LXi-2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit JG87LXi-2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to JG87LXi-2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post
can I get new pics of how the actual headlight unit is built? I dont want the flushmount headlights like you guys are doing, I just wanna know how you got them soo tight together for a special project I'm doing. I need thin headlights with oem if not better look. I was thinkin about some HID thin beam headlights from PIAA or somethin.
Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
Kris, I was going to go with some Mr. Mike seats but now with the price increase, I might hold off a bit. This might be my next step instead. Do you still have a few kits left with some used headlamps?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Iron_Mark_2003 (edited 09-08-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
I should have about ten kits available in the next few weeks. I think we have about five sets of used lights. The guy who designed the mounts is making the housings from my molds since I have limited time to make them. All I will have to do is get them trimmed up and primed. So I should be able to fill at least ten orders with in a short period of time. Of course hurricane Francis slowed work some but hopefully I can get some trimming and fitting of housings done this weekend. I will see what I can do about getting some better pictures of the mounts for JG87Lxi-2Fast_Fiero. The mounts were designed by a friend and basically the inner light was offset rearward and slightly behind the outside light. Not sure if the same method would work for different lights without redesigning the mount.
Kris
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
These lights look really good! I was thinking about getting flushmounts a while back, and never did. I think I may have to buy these, though. I like the fact that they use actual headlights.

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

Racer_JT, I really like what you've done. The lights, vents, and chin spoiler look really good together. Sort of F40/F50 - ish. Nice.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-09-2004 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set I have the lights already and send me a PM when they are done .
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
This thread deserves a bump.

Now that I'm done picking up the pieces after two hurricanes, it's back to work on the car (hehe). KMunson56, you have a PM.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2004 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
hey racer.. you would know this since you've been very hands on with those lights.. but would they fit through the headlight door opening side by side for slim pop ups? or would i have to replace the high beam with a narrower driving light?
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
I think that they may fit that way. Not real sure. I'll get a couple of pics monday with the lens off, for you to see the size comparison.
ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2004 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

I think that they may fit that way. Not real sure. I'll get a couple of pics monday with the lens off, for you to see the size comparison.

thanks..

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 07-28-2005).]

SNMFX

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-04-2004 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
How much is your headlight output diminshed by these, or is it better since they are camaro headlights?

Is the angle correct so the headlight can point down towards the road or does it just shoot straight out due to it's recessed position?

Just wondering for safety since I drive a lot a night.

------------------

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
bump. Kris I sent you a PM
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I received my headlight kit today, and am VERY impressed. The craftsmanship is excellent. The packaging is also excellent. And the included instructions are very helpful. I bought the bulbs seperately, but the kit comes with everything you need to install them, including the fiberglass housings, clear lenses, and wiring.

If you guys want, I can try to get some before/after photos of the light output, as compared to the stock bulbs. Just keep in mind that my "stock" bulbs are high-output Sylvania, so the comparison might not be very fair.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 10-08-2004).]

kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
I had a different recessed design and the light output on the new design is much better than they were. If you do not put some driving or fog lights down low on the front there is a slight shadow look close to the car. They can be aimed to shine on the road fairly close to the front of the car. When the high beams are turned on they light up the road a long ways out very similar to the stock lights. I have thought about getting some pictures to show the light output, but just haven't found the time due to projects and regular work.
Kris
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-09-2004 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Some light pattern pics would be fine just for prospective buyers like myself to make that final decision.
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShueGlue737:

How much..??

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

Blacktree

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I tried to take some photos of the light pattern, but they didn't turn out very well. So I'll just say this:

Most of the cars that came with these slimline headlights also had fog/driving lamps, to augment the low-beams. If you use these headlights, I strongly suggest you install fog lights for the same reason.

I drove the car last night with the recessed headlights (with new GE bulbs). But I haven't got around to installing the fog lamps yet. The low-beams by themselves have a nice beam pattern and good range, but are not as bright as the high-output Sylvanias they replaced. Remember they are designed to be augmented by fog lamps. The high-beams (which turns on all 4 headlamps) are nice and bright, with very good range. They're powerful enough to light up road signs around 200 yards away. The light output of the high-beams is comparable to the high-output Sylvanias.

Regarding the shadow in front of the car... it is more pronounced with the new headlights. Since the lamps have a lower profile, and are set further back/down into the hood, it goes without saying that the shadow will be more pronounced. With the stock-style lights, I couldn't see the shadow from the driver's seat. But with the recessed lights I can (just barely). But fog lamps should fill the shadow.

Oh, and did I mention the importance of using fog lamps?

In case you're wondering, no I do not regret purchasing the recessed headlights. Once I get the fog lamps installed, the light output should be comparable to my old high-output Sylvanias. And so far, I've received nothing but praise for my Fiero's new look.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 10-10-2004).]

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

How much..??

i would sell a set that would bolt on for 150 i mean bolt on where all u would have to do is take out the 3 bolts where the headlight hinges and put the new one in., for high beams i have 3 million candle power bulbs and made some brackets to mount the driving lights, took me a while to get them all pointed where i wanted them. but now everywhere i go people ask me about them or how to do them.

ShueGlue737

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post

ShueGlue737

521 posts
Member since Apr 2004
i will get so me close up daylight pictures tommorow if i remember give me a pm if your really interested
rynelson85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShueGlue737:

i will get so me close up daylight pictures tommorow if i remember give me a pm if your really interested

not to be an ass or anything.. but start your own thread. don't hijack the existing thread with an opposing product escpecially.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-12-2004 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
True.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock