Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Recessed headlights using Camaro headlights (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Recessed headlights using Camaro headlights by kmunson56
Started on: 03-25-2004 11:36 PM
Replies: 149
Last post by: LilRedT-Top on 09-25-2008 02:16 PM
ShueGlue737

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2004 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShueGlue737Send a Private Message to ShueGlue737Direct Link to This Post
my bad, i didnt even think about it. just happy about what i did and wanted to share i guess
IP: Logged
kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
Here are three pictures of the beam at night. They aren,t the best but they should give a little idea of what the beam looks like. I used the night function on the digital camera so they are a little blurry. The first is low beam without fog lights on the second is with fog lights on and the third is high beam with foglights on.
Kris

The Funkmaster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2004 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
oooooh pretty

I'm still putting these things together, but when they're all nice and done I'll put a picture up for all of you!

I can't wait to test drive with them in

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
bump! ...my new housings should show up soon, hopefully, and I'll be done this project... and I'll start another... heh.
85GTV84FUN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTV84FUNSend a Private Message to 85GTV84FUNDirect Link to This Post
Even if you put in some other flush mounts these lens are well worth what Kris charges. Put mine in tonight.
Excellent product.
Jeff

edit can't type

[This message has been edited by 85GTV84FUN (edited 11-30-2004).]

malacite

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2004 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for malaciteSend a Private Message to malaciteDirect Link to This Post
here's a question... what if someone wanted to buy just the lights/brakets/wiring/covers without the fiberglass peice? would that lower the cost substantally or would you not sell it that way?

------------------

car destroyed by charley, then again by francis
seeking automatic aero-notchie for 3.4 carb swap.

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
KEWL!........ they look great and thank god they are real HL's and not fog lamps AND adjustable. I thought about doing it that way, but thankfully you actually did it. I'm not a lover of recessed lights, but these look awesome. Good luck and Peace.

Phil

------------------
I am always available to help those that need help. Since my back injury, I cannot work on many of the aspects of the cars, but I can offer the knowledge of my 27 years as a GM technician. Bring the questions on................!

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
I'd just like to say that Kris is an AWESOME guy.

I had some problems with my first set of headlight buckets, the fiberglass had bent a bit and would not fit properly. He walked me through many fixes, before coming to the conclusion that I needed new buckets. He then sent me a new set of painted buckets, absolutely free, even the shipping! I'm a happy happy customer, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from this guy again. Thanks Kris!

Steve

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2004 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kris, didn't know if you still had anything these or are still making them. I might be interested after my car is running again.

------------------

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 13.704@98mph, 1.938 60ft)

My Website
My CarDomain Site

wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Hey Kris, didn't know if you still had anything these or are still making them. I might be interested after my car is running again.

bump any info?

------------------

86 and 87 fiero database www.geocities.com/cwandall/fiero.html

kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
I am still making the kit. Look through the thread for prices or email me.
Thanks!
Kris
PFF
System Bot
msrservices

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesDirect Link to This Post
I think the kit looks great and would like to buy a complete kit as soon as you have one ready. I have tried to send you an email but I did not get a response.

Please let me know what needs to be done to order the kit.

Thank you,
Marty

marty ( at ) msrservices ( dot ) com

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
First hand knowledge of an accident with my head lights up.
When I went under the back end of the SUV her bumper caught my headlights and pushed the hood into my windshield.
If I had non-pop up headlights I think there would have been less damage. If there is enough money after I fix my car I’m going to buy this kit.

------------------
Jake
Red 1986 GT 5 Speed Soon to be a V8
Gold1986 SE 4 Speed Wrecked
Visit my Fiero Page

FieroLinks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2005 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLinksClick Here to visit FieroLinks's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLinksDirect Link to This Post
I got a set of these from Kris last month. They installed in less than two hours (with a breakfast break in the middle). I've got some small adjustments to make, but my brother-in-law has been driving the car so I haven't had a chance to aim the lights correctly. Overall I'm very happy with the kit and they look great. If I get some time before Daytona, I may actually paint the buckets.

-FieroLinks

Spiff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2005 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpiffClick Here to visit Spiff's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpiffDirect Link to This Post
How much for just the plexiglass covers?
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
bump for the question from Spiff
Spiff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpiffClick Here to visit Spiff's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpiffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

bump for the question from Spiff

Sent you a PM

FieroSkank

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2005 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSkankSend a Private Message to FieroSkankDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap i had a camaro and a fiero and i think i could like the mesh they make .... all full of ... sexy.

------------------

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to drop a comment about driving lights. I recently bought a pair of Hella Optilux model 1300 driving lights (round with clear lens) to augment the low beams. The Hellas have long range, focused beams... and they're powerful! They do an excellent job of filling in the dead spots in the low beams. Plus, the Hellas lay down a bright swath of light in front of the car. I highly recommend them.

But there's a catch. The Hella 1300's are 3.5" diameter... larger than the grille openings in an aero nose. I had already performed a "big-mouth" mod to the grille, so there was enough space for the light to come out.

1987bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2005 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1987bluegtSend a Private Message to 1987bluegtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ShueGlue737:

first off those are illegal cause i cant have those turned on on my truck while im on the street ive gotten pulled over for it

------------------
now every one remember hondas are cool.....

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2005 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Sent you an e-mail.
I would like a kit let me know.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2005 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Kris are you going to the poker run this saturday?
Sent you an e-mail
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2005 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap! Was that easy!

Kris! Bravo - outstanding job!!!

Wiring took about 5 min. Headlight set up about 45 (including reversing the plugs on the pass side lights)

Only thing that takes time is the "fiddling" to get the fit right between hood/bucket/bracket..

Might back fill the "bucket with some touch up fiberglass but all in all love this mod!

ybnormal74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ybnormal74Send a Private Message to ybnormal74Direct Link to This Post
Are these sets still available?? I have emailed kmunson56 but have not heard back from him, that was like 3 days ago. Or does anyone have a kit they want to sell? Let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

goatnipples2002

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Direct Link to This Post
What year camaro do the headlights come from?
DrFunk234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrFunk234Send a Private Message to DrFunk234Direct Link to This Post
i recieved my set about a week and a half ago so they are still available, i installed it today, looks good to me, if your wondering the set for me at least was 275 dollors just to give you a price range

94-96 is what Kris told me

ybnormal74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ybnormal74Send a Private Message to ybnormal74Direct Link to This Post
Was that price with lights? I would want the kit without the lights themselves as I have a friend at the local junkyard that can get them for me really cheap. Do you have any contact info to get ahold of the guy selling these kits? I would really appreciate it as I have tried email with no response.

Thanks,

Kevin

DrFunk234

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrFunk234Send a Private Message to DrFunk234Direct Link to This Post
yeah the kit was with the lights for me, Kris pulls them from junkyard's ill do what i can to get Kris to contact you or visa versa, PM me your eamail and ill email Kris telling him to et ahold of you

Kris took about three days until he responded with me....

[This message has been edited by DrFunk234 (edited 08-30-2005).]

captinhowdy83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2005 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for captinhowdy83Click Here to visit captinhowdy83's HomePageSend a Private Message to captinhowdy83Direct Link to This Post
I emailed Kris on the 30th about purchasing a set of headlights I know he takes a few days to respond but I also didnt happen to think about the hurrican i dont know if it affected him or not kinda hard to get exact locations from Iraq but if any one knows anything if you could email me it would be helpful.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2005 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

goatnipples2002 asked: What year camaro do the headlights come from?

IIRC, the model yrs are 1993-97 (4th gen).

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2005 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
For all of you that want his contact info..for getting headlights PM me...I have it all at home. He is a busy man and only does this on the side after his full time job.. Its well worth the wait for his product..I have had his first and now have his second gen headlight kit in my car for a little over a 1 maybe longer..and they are great..!! Kris you make a great product..!!

------------------

2004 Pontiac Cosmos Purple GTO 1 of 334

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 10-31-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2005 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:
Kris you make a great product..!!

Kris is great!! Thanks for the help with C.A.B. last week!!

------------------

Pontiac Fiero GT 2M8 (Re-unveiling 2006)

kmunson56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2005 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmunson56Send a Private Message to kmunson56Direct Link to This Post
Everybody wanting headlights. I have been having some troubles getting the technique down on forming the lenses. I am no longer having them formed by someone else. I am also having to attend GM training classes that are taking away what little spare time I have because I have to go to Atlanta for the classes. The training will be done just before Christmas. I hope to be able to get some kits ready for those who contacted me over the last few months but I can't promise how many I will be able to get made. If everyone can be patient I WILL get the kits made. I apologize for the long delays in getting them done.
Thanks!
Kris
captinhowdy83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for captinhowdy83Click Here to visit captinhowdy83's HomePageSend a Private Message to captinhowdy83Direct Link to This Post
bump...... hey kris if you get a chance email me sometime

------------------
Dustin Watson
1984 2m4 sport
om3ga83@yahoo.com
captinhowdy83@aim.com

[This message has been edited by captinhowdy83 (edited 11-12-2005).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2005 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
I want a set. Let me know when you are able to get more made and I will paypal you the $$$

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053203.html

captinhowdy83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for captinhowdy83Click Here to visit captinhowdy83's HomePageSend a Private Message to captinhowdy83Direct Link to This Post
any news??

------------------
Dustin Watson
1984 2m4 sport
om3ga83@yahoo.com
captinhowdy83@aim.com

AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2005 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racer_JT:

is it just me... or do those vents look kinda off in the center?

[This message has been edited by AJ7 (edited 11-29-2005).]

Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2006 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post
are these still available?

i would like to pick up a set!

- Phil

------------------

"Wanna join a...punk band....shave your head and get a tattoo. Don't need intelligence just attitude!"

never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
Same question as last . are they still available and for the same price? Thanks Cliff
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Playtime...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock