Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  newest project (Page 38)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 2295
Last post by: Fiero2m8 on 02-02-2009 07:05 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justa6:

how bout something like this

The angle of the slits definitely needs to be canted to match the angle of the door frame and wheel arch.

IP: Logged
bubbajoexxx

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

The vents look too square. You need something more "swoopy". Love the build

Bob

Have decided to go wityh slightly curved vertical slats in the opening and widening the opening 4 inches forwad then curving the lip inward

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

Originally posted by exoticse:

Bubba do u plan to add ground fx to the sides and rear ?

Is that the final nose you are going with ?

Just curious.

going to build custom ground FX with integral scoops under the existing side scoops

the front nose will yhave a custom front spoiler air dam added

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
with the high smog and humidity here can only work on the car for 2 hours in the morrning and 1 hour at night because of my assma . I finished the inner fenders and will finish off the filler work this weekend and start prepping for paint .
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
I've been checking this thread daily for months. You sir are a very talented and creative man. You should be proud. I can't wait to see this beast completed. Keep up the great work.
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post06-10-2005 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Yep!! I see what you mean, Wolfhound!! I won't post another one, but I took them out, and it now looks great..thanks Wolfhound!!

Originally posted by Wolfhound:

Fierofetish, Try taking the windshield and hood of the car parked on the otherside out of the original photo. I think that's the imbalance you're seeing.

------------------
fierofetish.PFF'S self-confessed Snowbird!!

Responsibilty: the solution for our World's Dilemmas..

robre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2005 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for robreSend a Private Message to robreDirect Link to This Post

I was thinking you could use those inlets for cooling something in the front like brake fluid and decided the best way to do it would be to move the headlights down and make them non retractable types. I decided that this was such a good idea that someone must have thought of it before and since many people suggested "norms front clip" in this thread I decided it would be a good place to start looking for front clips designed this way. Luckily, this was how the clip was designed so I used it on the photoshop. I can't think of anything else I would do differently fabricating a front clip for the Fiero and I think it would fit the car well, especially since it already has an air dam and opens in the front. It would bring you much closer to that point where you get to pull everything apart for painting, however, 2000$ is a lot to spend on bodywork and you seem to be trying to do all bodywork in shop when nobody would dare challenge your ability in this field at this point.

The shark grills draw way too much air to be used for auxillary brake cooling and brake fluid cooling and it's just too impractical to use them to duct a little extra air to the rear radiators. I even got them oriented incorrectly on the photoshop. Using the fins in the front was a bad idea from the beginning. The main reason I was thinking about them was because I love the way the side scoops are now and to simply get rid of them would be awful. Your new planned modifications to it sound like a great idea.

This car is awesome and I can't wait to see what it looks like painted and see the results of a corner weigh, but for me to be really impressed you need to drive this down to Detroit and have GM begin mass production immediately of any Fiero, doesn't even have to be this one.

edit: Apparantly norm has recently redesigned the hood and this photoshop is already obsolete. New one looks even better though, would look amazing on this car with the non box headlights.

[This message has been edited by robre (edited 06-10-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2005 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the comments and I would do a front end swap if I could affor it but my limited income prevents it so I do the best I cane with what I can build myself

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 06-12-2005).]

lou

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2005 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for louSend a Private Message to louDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

thanks for the comments and I would do a front end swap if I could affor it but my limmited income prevents it so I do the best I cane with what I can build myself

And you are doing one helluva great job!

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2005 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou:

And you are doing one helluva great job!

Agreed...

Convertable Indy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2005 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Convertable IndySend a Private Message to Convertable IndyDirect Link to This Post
ditto! keep the updated pics coming! truely awsome!!
PFF
System Bot
ricreatr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2005 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ricreatrSend a Private Message to ricreatrDirect Link to This Post
"limited" what?

this looks like the least limited fiero i may have ever seen!
sweet car, keep it up.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2005 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ricreatr:

"limited" what?

this looks like the least limited fiero i may have ever seen!
sweet car, keep it up.

it is no fun being on a fixed income . Being disabled I only can work on the car when my body allows me to 2 or 3 hours a week . Spinal injuries last a life time when they start at the skull and end at the tail bone 4 ruptured disks and 2 are at the base of the skull that can not be operated on so you live with what you are delt and try to enjoy what mobility you have left.

I trully thank all members for there comments and suggestions they have all helped

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 06-12-2005).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
I hope it will be cool enought tonight so I can finish the drivers side wheel well and get it back into the car so I can resum the body work
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
With your body and income being a limiting factor your buildup is an even bigger achievement....! ..my neighbour, she has lung emphysema and needs extra oxygen all day, she never complains but its obvious any lungdisease robs your energy real badly....

On the positive side, you've got some time to think through the things youre going to do when you get the little time to do the things you can do... Keep it up Bubba.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2005 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

With your body and income being a limiting factor your buildup is an even bigger achievement....! ..my neighbour, she has lung emphysema and needs extra oxygen all day, she never complains but its obvious any lungdisease robs your energy real badly....

On the positive side, you've got some time to think through the things youre going to do when you get the little time to do the things you can do... Keep it up Bubba.

Thanks

I see your dash project is comming along very nicely and the finished project should be estounding

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2005 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
bad weather agian today so no updates yet but soon I hope
stevenrossi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrossiSend a Private Message to stevenrossiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

bad weather agian today so no updates yet but soon I hope

Bubba, still keeping an eye out on your work and im super impressed - needless to say I knew what you could do years ago. Either way, im always within a 20 minute drive - anytime you need a hand, i'd be happy to help. You've got my # - if not PM me and i'll give it to you. Otherwise - keep it up! This is truly earning you the supreme status of "The Duke" (no, not the one that blew a rod and caused fires )

SR

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
This may have already been covered, but why did you change the front and rear fascias? I liked the aero ones WAY better. Also, I would not cover up the side scoops with any kind of shark grill vents like you are planning.

Not my car so do what you want, just putting in my 2 cents and by the way - SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT CAR MAN! Keep up the good work!

Danno88GT5Spd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2005 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Danno88GT5SpdSend a Private Message to Danno88GT5SpdDirect Link to This Post
I think the 87/88 coupe fascias look good.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stevenrossi:

Bubba, still keeping an eye out on your work and im super impressed - needless to say I knew what you could do years ago. Either way, im always within a 20 minute drive - anytime you need a hand, i'd be happy to help. You've got my # - if not PM me and i'll give it to you. Otherwise - keep it up! This is truly earning you the supreme status of "The Duke" (no, not the one that blew a rod and caused fires )

SR

THANKS Steve I always get a rise of ecouragement from your posts

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2005 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

This may have already been covered, but why did you change the front and rear fascias? I liked the aero ones WAY better. Also, I would not cover up the side scoops with any kind of shark grill vents like you are planning.

Not my car so do what you want, just putting in my 2 cents and by the way - SWEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTT CAR MAN! Keep up the good work!

had the areo nose and tail did not like them as I could not make the air dam I want with them on the car thats why I went with the 87 88 nose

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2005 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
got around to putting up a roof over the car so I can finish the body work here are the pics so far

gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2005 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
Nice work Bubba. Lookin good! That's going to be one badass ride when she's all painted up!
ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreDirect Link to This Post
Looking good, you can hardly tell it was widened from the pics. Have you had a chance to drive it since the suspension upgrade.. Hows it ride?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2005 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ezramore:

Looking good, you can hardly tell it was widened from the pics. Have you had a chance to drive it since the suspension upgrade.. Hows it ride?

still waiting for the new axles to be finished and need to tune the springs as it is rather stiff right now

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
got alot done today sanded out all the primer and added the second coat to fill in any scatches as I dont like spot putty I rather fill with primer to do a better job
and finaly installed the other wing section . I also installed one of my remade curved moldings for the longer Quater panel to see how it looks so here are the pics .

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 06-22-2005).]

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Looks great Bubba. I can hardly wait to see it painted and on the road.

Great job!

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
and a few more

gaudy or not responce welcome

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Meh... I'd rather see the that beautiful engine...
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
I like the louvers myself..

------------------

still plays with cars..

PFF
System Bot
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
the louvers make it look ungainly and unbalanced
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2005 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

the louvers make it look ungainly and unbalanced

what he said

------------------
AIM= Fish100770
96 Saturn SL2 Turbo (evil SL2)

My cardomain site: cardomain.com/memberpage/702872

sode

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sodeSend a Private Message to sodeDirect Link to This Post
its hard to tell from this pic but i think the louvers make it look meaner just my 2 cents
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
I had mentioned earlier that I thought the sail panel needed to go ..but since you have mounted them I must say that it looks quite good ...it would look even better if you accented it by putting some dark tint at the sides of the hatch glass

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 06-23-2005).]

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2005 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
I like the louvers Bubba.
gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
I like the louvers. It makes the car look meaner and a sleeper all at the same time! Painting the roof and pillars black will look good with the black louvers. That orange copper colored paint you chose will set the car up nicely. Great work Bubba, I always look forward to updates on your project! Can't wait to see in person one day!
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsDirect Link to This Post
That's a tough one. I do like the way the car looks with louvers, but I am not really crazy about plastic louvers. They are usually exaggerated in styling, whereas the aluminum ones look cleaner and classier.

Your car is very classy and looks like it came that way, but the plastic louvers look like a budget add-on. Also, you did all that work to put that sweet powetrain under glass like a five-star meal, and it would be concealed under the louvers, unless you plan to spend most of your time at cruises and shows with the "bonnet" up.

One positive, to two negatives - I wouldn't use it.

------------------
toddshotrods.com - internet magazinewanna ride?

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 06-23-2005).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Choptop WideBody GT 1 of 1
4.9L-V8- another set back (illness)

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2005 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
No, No, NO! Please do not hide that motor under louvers.

The Ferrari 360 has a motor under glass, NO LOUVERS.

Did I mention I am not a fan of louvers?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock