Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  newest project (Page 10)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
newest project by bubbajoexxx
Started on: 09-12-2003 06:18 PM
Replies: 2295
Last post by: Fiero2m8 on 02-02-2009 07:05 PM
riley

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crzyone:

Hey Joe! Great work! Do you have the cad drawings for the rears yet? I'd like to send this to the local machine shop asap

Thanks alot Joe!

Me Too

(added) The first page that I own and it is used for a "Me Too" quote. Ah well i still own the page.

[This message has been edited by riley (edited 04-21-2004).]

IP: Logged
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2004 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
Bubbajoe?? You alive? We're dying for some updates.

Kris

------------------

Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a ride for the girl on 6 feet under. I like custom cars too, but the body-hauler look just escapes me. So, the idea here is, to take sleak looking (kinda sleak anyway) sports car and turn it into a body-hauler, and the point is? Oh wait, I think I get it, you want it to look like the meanest, fastest hearse ever!
Frugal328

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Frugal328Send a Private Message to Frugal328Direct Link to This Post
How about this. A mass produced MR-Bucket Wagoon.

[This message has been edited by Frugal328 (edited 04-22-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2004 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
wife had an accedent with her car so been fixin up another for her to drive will get back to the car tuesday
jaygt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-25-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaygtClick Here to visit jaygt's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaygtDirect Link to This Post
hi bubba im jay in toronto. i tow for caa and abrams. i have an 88 fiero. i have a set of 86 vette rear calipers and rotors. i have a set of 90 l1e iroc front calipers. what year vette rotors do i use for my 88? same rotors front and back? do i use the same cutom bracket as the 87 fiero? dont care about the emergency brake. do you live in toronto? do you have i guy i can go to to make the brackets and centric rings? my number is 905 838 5072. you can check out my car stuff at my websight.

http://community.webshots.com/user/redcivicblackhood

Exotic Rida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2004 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Exotic RidaSend a Private Message to Exotic RidaDirect Link to This Post
bump im doing this on the weekend
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
jaygt

Ya live here in TO come by and see the stretch call me at 647 899 4690 and I will give you the address and you use 88 rotors the part numbers are on the peviouse page for the front and rear rotors

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 07-06-2004).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
will post pics of the finished engine compartment tonight all done in dimond plate and will drop the engine in monday
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
here are some pics of the engine compartment finished in diamond plate

Bobert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobertSend a Private Message to BobertDirect Link to This Post

Hey Bubba that looks awesome! Nice work.
PFF
System Bot
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
That looks so good. I wish you where gonna make a stretched fast back though!

You have talent.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-29-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
I have always thought of doing things different.What has always stopped me is other people telling me it was impossable or dumb or impractable or ugly.I have ALWAYS let that stop me.
After reading every one of these posts on this project, I realize what a complete waste of a life its been NOT doing things my way. Such a pity.
Thanks for the awakening.
Great Project!
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi,

KILLER WORK!! I just love these build up threads, always chalked full of great material....You must tell us all how she drives with stretch when completed...

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2004 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
Bubba,
This project is coming along very nicely. I'd give you another + if I could. Got a few more questions on the brakes. The front rotors for an 88 Corvette are a "Hat" style rotor (no wheel bearings in the rotor) correct? For them to fit, you have to cut the disc area off the old Fiero rotors. Do you have a picture of these cut? Also do you or anyone else know of a good place to get the caliper brackets, or have a GM part # for them?

Thanks,
Kris

------------------

OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2004 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
hey Bubbajoe, anychance you could post the CADD drawings for the rear brackets?
I kinda like your idea of two calipers, replaceing the E-break set up with a caliper seems like a better way to go, I hate the GM style that fails so easily on the Fiero.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2004 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
We need to find someone on the forum who is willing to make these brackets (front and rear) for us. I have some of the parts to preform the swap but hae no way to get the brackets and such made.
ezramore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2004 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ezramoreSend a Private Message to ezramoreDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to add weight to the front. I was thinking with the rads, engine, trans, ect.... that it might make it difficult for stearing. also it will also turn a lot wider than original. love the idea though.

------------------
Ezra
88 Fiero 2M4 90000 Miles

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2004 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

We need to find someone on the forum who is willing to make these brackets (front and rear) for us. I have some of the parts to preform the swap but hae no way to get the brackets and such made.

Well, if it's OK with Bubba, I'm sure my brother would be more than happy to make them. He has a full machine shop and all the skills. I don't want to step on Bubba's toes though. I'll have to price the steel, and find out what he would charge. If anyone is interested, LMK. (Not trying to hijack your thread)

Kris

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2004 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
SWEEEET!

Can't wait to hear it's running.

Roy

jayguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jayguyClick Here to visit jayguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to jayguyDirect Link to This Post
Shop_rat, if bubbajoe is ok with it, I'm definitely up for a set. Front and rear brackets, and the ring for the front brakes. I'm going to start looking around for new disks and calipers, so that'll be all I need. Unless someone wants to do the leg work to get everything sourced to sell the whole kit.

Jay
'87 Silver SE V6 5sp
'94 Ducati M900
'01 Toyota S-Runner

PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
Here you go guy's the latest update hope you like it

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
OMG.... beautiful! Did I miss something? I thought this was gonna have a distributer setup.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
picked up a hpv1 for cheep 100 bucks so why not use it
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Looks good to me!

IMO with a set-up like that, its a shame it's going to be covered by top or roof. Something like that needs to be shown!

------------------

mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

picked up a hpv1 for cheep 100 bucks so why not use it

WOW! It looks even better in car. But, excuse my ignorance but, what is a "hpi1"? Have you fired the motor, yet?

Roy

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
HPV1 is a stand alone ignition system using a crank trigger and 4 dual coils and its own micro processor
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Simply Awesome, Bubba!! I'd love to see it in person.

Shoprat, I would also be interested if there's no problem.

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful! I agree with madcurl here though, that is a work of art, it deserves to be shown, not covered up.
You hope we like it? Youre kidding, right? We love it!
Oneredfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2004 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneredfieroClick Here to visit Oneredfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OneredfieroDirect Link to This Post
So do we get to see it first hand in Calgary Aug 1st? Hope so, i can't wait till it's done.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
jayguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jayguyClick Here to visit jayguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to jayguyDirect Link to This Post
OMG!! I want one! That looks awesome!

How soon until you fire it up?

Jay
'87 Silver SE V6 5sp
'94 Ducati M900
'01 Toyota S-Runner

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
OMG! You keep surprising us! You've got some magic hands
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Btw: how are you feeding fresh air to the carburators?

- I can almost imagine an transparant (see through!) plexiglass airduct from a roof scoop sloping down to the carburators... - oh well anything can happen I guess keep up the good work!

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post
In the words of 'Karl' fom Adult Swim - "That looks friggin awesome!"

------------------
VOTE FOR THE FIERO!

Black '87 GT Auto - Daily Driver & Autocrosser
Eibach springs, Koni shocks, Kosei K1s, Kumho Ecsta V700s, poly bushings, rear swaybar, MSD ignition, shift-kit, custom intake scoop

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

TOTALLY agrees with spyhunter........On another note, bout how much wieght does that plating add do you think????

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
its runnin fired her up today if I get my laptop workin I will post a sound clip its sounds nasty
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

1630 posts
Member since Aug 2003
pavo_roddy
about 4 lbs its aluminum 16 gauge diamond plate
pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
hey bubba<------forest gump call!!!!

Sorry i just couldn't resist....lol.......is that per plate, those 4lbs?

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2004 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxDirect Link to This Post
no for all
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock