Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Sorry but i gotta ask, whats the story with Archie and Cletus? (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Sorry but i gotta ask, whats the story with Archie and Cletus? by kawana
Started on: 01-07-2008 02:44 AM
Replies: 174
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 01-15-2008 04:54 AM
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
All of this is horrible, people are bashing on V8s, don't bash the engine, bash the builder IF the engine is badly put together. Second alot of people are saying you can't bash on cletus if you dont know him, but it does NOT stop them from bashing the people bashing cletus. Stop being so hypocriticle. Some people who have delt with cletus got good service, as thier opinion, so they will like him, some people delt with him and got treated like crap, as thier opinion, so they will hate him. To each his own. LET cletus FIGHT HIS OWN BATTLES. If someone has good dealings, lets them say so, AND if they have bad dealings let them say so too. But stop with all the hearsay crap. If you have not delt with him keep your opinion netrual untill you have and pick what way to go after that.
And who cares what car/engine is faster, anyone with a blank check can have a faster car/engine.
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Take a look at this thread.

If Pro & Con statements were restricted to customers only. Then this thread would have been over in about 10 posts.

Archie
animal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalDirect Link to This Post
OK guys. I just received an email from Archie giving me a link to a video. As I said, I have not been following the forum for a long time because of this litlle prick Shaunbag. I have just seen a video for the first time and I want you all to know that it is sort of accurate - sort of - its just that a lot of rather important details are missing - bottom line I'm pretty sure my little SBC without the NOS hooked up will blow off ANY car that showed up at the dyno facility last year, including the piece of junk turbo 3800 that was there and the jerk who still owes me for the dyno run. If anyone out there knows dynos, they know they can be rigged. No matter - WE did everything we could to accomodate the fluid-eaking problamatic 3800 SC (SC removed and rurbo jerrrigged)a and have a fun day-and donate some $ to the Fiero Forum at the end of the day. However, I authorized no one to video me or my car and consider Shaunbag's video a total invasion of privacy as well as an innacurate piece of **** . And oh, by the way Shaunbag never introduced himself to me, so I didn't even know who he was - we e=were jsut having a fun day at the dyno. This whole thread is way beneath the Fiero forum. Shaunbag is not a Fiero friend and he needs his whinny ass thoroughly kicked. If Cliff wants to ban me from the forum for this, so be it - Shaunbag has made it a place not worth visiting. And I still don't give a fat hairy rat's ass which engine dynos the most horsepower - I love them all, my favorite is the SBC and Archie's kit has worked very well in my little Fiero since 1994. If this is what the forum has come to, it is a very sad day.

------------------

87 GT, SBC, 5 Spd
Melbourne, FL

Ditkaphile

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
You know what? I have never owned a SBC V8 Fiero. Or even a 3.4, or a 3.8. Or a 4.9.

And you know what else? My STOCK Fieros broke too. A LOT. It happens. Even a car designed by the Pontiac division of General Motors, the BIGGEST AUTOMAKER IN THE WORLD, had problems and broke.

But people find it so unthinkable that a guy who decided to try something that no one had ever done before (i.e. stick a SBC in a Fiero) had problems along the way, and that it wasn't "factory perfect". And yes, he has had years to perfect it. During those years, the engines and transmissions he has had to put into these cars (which were never designed for them) have changed. And he has done a pretty good job of adapting all of it to a platform that was never designed to accept it.

I have never met Archie, nor even spoken to him. I know he's a Bears fan, or at least a Mike Ditka fan, so that's my only connection to him. But all I know is that he ventured into territory that few other have, and he has been more successful than most. Name me a V8 conversion kit being used today other than Zummalt (or whatever his name was). And it doesn't seem like there are too many of those out there...that's probably for a reason. Is the Archie V8 Fiero perfect? Probably not. Does it cost a lot? Yes, unless you do a lot of the work yourself. IS THERE ANYWHERE ELSE ON PLANET EARTH YOU CAN DROP YOUR FIERO OFF, AND GET IT BACK WITH A SBC IN IT? No, I don't think there is.

I bought a Fiero from Paul V (the one before the '84 I just got). His '88 GT with an LS1 a la Archie is pretty nice. I have yet to see anyone else deliver something comparable.

If it's about SBC vs. 3.8 vs whatever.....then let it be so. If you gave Archie your hard earned money and his product wasn't good, then you have a right to chirp. But if you are just a hater...then go away, and go read the time slips and the dyno results that make or break your happiness.

WE ARE ALL LUCKY...TO HAVE AS MANY OPTIONS WITH A 20+ YEAR OLD CAR!!!!

Stop hating, and start appreciating....all that we have. We have a great car, and a nice compliment of options to improve our cars. We should be grateful.

'Nuff said!!!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ditkaphile:

I know he's a Bears fan, or at least a Mike Ditka fan,

Go Bears
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post
I think this thread has gone on long enough, i got the answer i was looking for within the first 2 pages, now its just turning into a flame war. Sorry Archie if this stirred things up, that was not my intent. I'll ask cliff if he can lock this now.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ditkaphile:
If you gave Archie your hard earned money and his product wasn't good, then you have a right to chirp.

what if i gave archie my hard earned money and his product was just fine?
can i chime in now???

i drive 4 cars.
1984 fiero with a SBC
1985 fiero GT stock
1967 Catalina with a Buick stage 2 455
2004 Neon (it's the wife's)

although I've put a late model GM CD player in it, guess which car never has the radio on?

i said it before,
there is a 3800SC in town that can beat me in a straight line, and around a track.
but i wouldn't trade.

many times i have pulled up to a store and some guy runs up to me saying, "hey, that's got a V8 in it right?"
i've never heard of someone running up to a fiero and saying, "hey, that's got a V6 in it right?"

i'm happy with my purchase.

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 01-14-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kawana:

I think this thread has gone on long enough, i got the answer i was looking for within the first 2 pages, now its just turning into a flame war. Sorry Archie if this stirred things up, that was not my intent. I'll ask cliff if he can lock this now.

I know you didn't mean any harm.

If it wasn't this thread it'd be another one.

You'll see another one like this in 10 days or so. The haters just hang out waiting for another chance at bashing. Then they can go over to RFT and pound their chests & other things.

The biggest problem is that Tom Corey was right. The haters are ruining the Fiero experience for a lot of people.

The only way to stop it is to pressure these haters into learning how to behave in public or to move on. It's too bad their parents didn't teach them any better.

There is no excuse for the way a lot of PFF members are treated by the haters, just because they are happy SBC V-8 owners.

One of these days the punks that support people like Shaunbag are going to wake up & find that the only Fiero cummunity left on the Internet are haters.

You know people like Shaunbag do not bring their Fieros to any Fiero show, they don't make any effort to give the Fiero a positive image, they don't have anything positive to contribute. ALL they do is to try to tear down the Fiero community.

Tom Corey is a long time contributer & participant in the Fiero community. He has given countless hours to helping put on Fiero shows all over the state of Florida. He has given up countless weekends Judging for Fiero shows.

(Excuse me but I gotta say this) With everything Tom has contributed to the Fiero community & he used to be a big contributer here. All of this has been lost to us on this Forum & on the Internet in General by One little Son of a ***** that dosen't know how to behave in public.

Reason that out....... SOMEONE tell me why that is right.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-14-2008).]

kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

*snip*

I know i dont know EVERYTHING that has gone on, but i was talking to my girlfriend about this and i realized how dumb it is. Its sad that i know 6yr olds that are more mature than he (and his fellow trolls) are behaving. Name calling? are you friggen serious.. How dumb is it do tease someone about their name, i stopped doing that in grade 3 lol :P And (correct me if im wrong) but he was upset that you didn't hire him? 'Not getting what you want, and then throwing a tantrum over it' yet another thing a 6yr old would do. Its sad what he is doing to the fiero community, we all love the same cars, what we do to them is our own buisneas. A person should have every right to do the swap they choose without fear of someone telling them what a dumb idea it was. I always thought it was common curtese to hold your tongue in a situation like that, its sad that there are people out there like that who spend all their time by trying to bring people down, quite a sad way to live. FFS... get over it, and grow up.

GT Quick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
For the record I am posting from personal experiences with Archie AND with one of his kits. I don't know what the history is with you people and these motors but Archie's right. Every time the topic comes up someone hits a nerve.

I'll throw ya one here. If Archie doesn't build the engine then in his defense how can he be responsible for the HP off the dyno ? Then again if he can't build a motor and tune it correctly to help the customer how does that make him a "mechanical mozart " ??

Oddly enough, the only people here that have a considerable amount of red in their bars are the one discussing adverse outcomes and have had negative experiences with the V8 swap. All the while Archie still rallies the troops here to get everyone to try to gang up and "get rid" of people who he has no idea who they are yet assumes that they are someone that is with this big consipracy to bash the V8 swap.

I get on this forum and since my first post I've been instantly ganged up on by this Archie guy because I'm supposedly associated with other people who don't like him ?

You know, I'm just a guy who had a V8 Fiero and thought about doing another one and joined here out of the blue. I've picked up two more negs because of this thread. What is wrong with you people ? Is it wrong to have your own experiences ? Why are you handing out negs like candy because Archie says so ?

Please name something that would have warranted me, IN THIS THREAD, to have been rated negatively for any reason other than not liking the V8 conversion. That's where the thinking for yourself comes in.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT Quick:

I get on this forum and since my first post I've been instantly ganged up on by this Archie guy because I'm supposedly associated with other people who don't like him ?

Let's get something straight.

The other day you posted up 2 links. In the 1st link was your very 1st post under this screen name.

In the 1st line of that 1st post you said that you had visited PFF before but had never posted here before. You then went on to talk trash about me & my kits without any pictures or proof.

Within a week, we found that you had already been on this Forum under 2 other screen names both of which had been booted off by the ratings system.

That's where most of your Reds came from.

If you picked up a couple of reds in this thread it could be from a few people who read those links you posted & realized that you indeed were the liar you proved yourself to be in those threads.

So simple.

Archie

edited to add..........

Here's those 2 links from your post

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086561.html

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067637.html[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-15-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
GT Quick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2008 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
I already told you I am NOT THOSE PEOPLE. You're equally as obsessed Archie. You have let these people do this...this...whatever it is you did to these people that has you on the defense SO HARD that you run around accusing people of being what they are not. Obesssing about one's identity and carrying the weight of senior member here to sway others and ban whoever comes along. A new guy doesn't have a chance here. What has to be done ? You're equally as crazy as those other mofos doing this to you.

[This message has been edited by GT Quick (edited 01-15-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Let's get something straight.

The other day you posted up 2 links. In the 1st link was your very 1st post under this screen name.

In the 1st line of that 1st post you said that you had visited PFF before but had never posted here before. You then went on to talk trash about me & my kits without any pictures or proof.

Within a week, we found that you had already been on this Forum under 2 other screen names both of which had been booted off by the ratings system.

Oh, Oh....check mate.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT Quick:

I already told you I am NOT THOSE PEOPLE. You're equally as obsessed Archie. You have let these people do this...this...whatever it is you did to these people that has you on the defense SO HARD that you run around accusing people of being what they are not. Obesssing about one's identity and carrying the weight of senior member here to sway others and ban whoever comes along. A new guy doesn't have a chance here. What has to be done ? You're equally as crazy as those other mofos doing this to you.

I'll tell you what, we'll just let the people reading this thread decide.

They can read the 2 threads above. Then they can read the thread where I finally figured out who you were. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/086746-2.html

You're a liar, for lying from your very 1st post under this screen name. And your stupid for posting those 2 links to threads that only prove how stupid you are.

Have fun I'm going to bed.

Archie
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
The OP got his answer, and the rest of the thread is nothing but bashing for the sake of bashing. So if you must, you can continue here.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock