Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  So you thought the Corvette C5 looks like a Honda? (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
So you thought the Corvette C5 looks like a Honda? by FierociousGT
Started on: 03-04-2007 07:58 PM
Replies: 88
Last post by: JumpStart on 01-30-2008 08:13 AM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Yes. the chroming of the metal lense lip would make it "pop." You might be correct about the carbon fiber coating; when your venturing into unchartered territory you can't be too sure. You'll have a better visual of things once your car is painted. BTW, what color are you painting it?
IP: Logged

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
HAPPY HAPPY!

Those lights are pretty sweet on the Fiero.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Yes. the chroming of the metal lense lip would make it "pop." You might be correct about the carbon fiber coating; when your venturing into unchartered territory you can't be too sure. You'll have a better visual of things once your car is painted. BTW, what color are you painting it?

Dark metallic gray.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2007 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Dark metallic gray.

Like #009

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post

[/QUOTE]

Comment #1: Any more pics of this beast?

Comment #2: Is there NO WAY to convince FierociousGT to reconsider bringing this C5 fixed light fab to life??
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post
OK, FierociousGT, Have you dropped this idea with the C5 headlights? Has anyone else tried something similar to this also, because as we all can agree to that the stock headlights are about the only think that makes the Fiero look outdated. This is one of only 2 or 3 mods that I really like and I think I would prefer these to popups.I really see no problem with mounting lamps where you want them but I supose the real problem is getting the lexan molded to a shape that fits the stock hole in the hood.

I know that you were tring to make it a direct bolt-in setup but if that is not feesible, It would be nice if we got together on this and found an inexpensive way to make this work.
Any thought on this matter?

Steve
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Hi JumpStart,

Yes. The reason I dropped the C5 headlights is due to the curvature of the C5 hood vs the Fiero. I'm currently using the NSX GT-One headlights (non-OEM Honda/Acura). The C5 can be used but require more time to mod the hood. Need a set of C5 HL? Anyway to fabricate similar HL I need someone with good glass skills or I would need a hood to work on and some free time (I'm a workaholic, not much free time). The lexan is the easy part once we have the shape made out of fiberglass. Love to chat more about this with you. I see ur in CFL... We have a club meeting on Feb 7, '08 @ 7pm. Here are details on our website www.CentralFloridaFieros.net

JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2008 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post
I really need to make it back out to some of the meetings but it always seems that if I have the time off ,I have something that really needs to be done and I dont have much free time at all working 2-3 jobs. Anyway from my guessing like I stated before , I dont think it would be too hard to mount any lights that are similar to these into the stock location without cutting anything.

Im not sure what size could be used but it looks like the front hight of the plastic lense would be around 70-75 mm keeping the top of the lense level (perpendictular to the road if you see what I mean) or to give it more room,put some more angle on it (slightly higher in the front than the back of the plastic lense) and /or raise the whole thing a bit more all the way around by maybe 10mm.

Also I think that the lenses should be put in from the bottom if possible and fastened from underneath,leaving them attached to the hood.

Maybe we can find someone that can do the glasswork, as for me im not that good at that sort of thing or I would be all over this.

Thanks, Steve
JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post
bumpty bump
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock