Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  So you thought the Corvette C5 looks like a Honda? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
So you thought the Corvette C5 looks like a Honda? by FierociousGT
Started on: 03-04-2007 07:58 PM
Replies: 88
Last post by: JumpStart on 01-30-2008 08:13 AM
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:
bump, any idea what you're doing with those lenses?

One is already hacked up.... The other one hmmmmmmmm.... maybe a plant pot . They are to big for the headlight area. I went to the Daytona 2007 show and guess what I saw...

EDIT: Finally I own a page...

Image has been update per request on OCT 25, 2007

Hmmm.. so bikinis are out too...

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-27-2007).]

IP: Logged
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
damn it, how much did it cost to have them made? And are they identical on both sides or mirror images of one another. I love the way they look...

------------------

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm? They look better than the first ones but...? I think if the chrome was a little bit toned down it might work? On the corvette it seems like the chrome headlamps over-power the front end? Maybe it the chrome part was painted or toned down some what, then it wouldn't stand out so much.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Hmm? They look better than the first ones but...? I think if the chrome was a little bit toned down it might work? On the corvette it seems like the chrome headlamps over-power the front end? Maybe it the chrome part was painted or toned down some what, then it wouldn't stand out so much.

Yes, it is very chromeish... Would look perfect on a UFO
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
David how did u get a picture of my gf holding that sign !??!

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 03-25-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2007 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
David how did u get a picture of my gf holding that sign !??!

Actually you missed out on her & Traci while I watch with some pop corn...

I wish...
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2007 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
New toy, C5R non-popup headlights .... wrong color ... so they go back for the correct color (black)!

enjoy

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 05-10-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I super glued your piece back into place...

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2007 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Wow David,

Now that is nice !!
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2007 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:
I super glued your piece back into place...

Thanks F-I-E-R-O looks good. I'll up load new pics once I get the black ones.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 05-12-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Got replacement Black C5r non-popup headlights

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2007 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Got replacement Black C5r non-popup headlights

Well, how did they look installed?

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2007 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

i would move the headlights out a bit.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2007 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Busy weekend. haven't had time to test mount the black HL. Friday got the Driven Vision Extreme Extractor Hood Scoop installed and glassed, now need to finish in. Will try ti get to HL this week. I do plan on moving them an inch or so into the bumper and out towards the fenders. But I may need to order my body parts from Fiero Warehouse.... Still researching a couple of things before I move forward.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 05-20-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

David you need to start a build thead !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2007 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Huh?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Huh?

Updates???
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Saw Dave at the last CFF fiero meeting and he has ordered and recieved his widebody front end from the fiero warehouse, now he has placed his order and is awaiting his widebody side and rear kit from V-8 Archie.

Looks like a choptop is also back in the picture.
timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post
Placed right, I think those could look better on the Fiero than they do on the Vette...also wondering if coloring part of the lens area behind the lights the same color as the car might improve the look—especially if it could be faded to clear, though I don't know if that's feasible.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I've missed these posts.

Huh?

You'll see them at CTHC-2.

Originally posted by exoticse:
Saw Dave at the last CFF fiero meeting and he has ordered and recieved his widebody front end from the fiero warehouse, now he has placed his order and is awaiting his widebody side and rear kit from V-8 Archie.

Looks like a choptop is also back in the picture.

You got it

Originally posted by timwdegner:
Placed right, I think those could look better on the Fiero than they do on the Vette...also wondering if coloring part of the lens area behind the lights the same color as the car might improve the look—especially if it could be faded to clear, though I don't know if that's feasible.

I was thinking the same. Use the color of the car or a silver would look good.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

FierociousGT

2307 posts
Member since Jan 2007
Just to refresh the topic since the original image link is gone... C5 using NSX headlight.

So you thought the Corvette C5 looks like a Honda?

PS
I'm not using NSX headlights.
PFF
System Bot
vortecfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vortecfieroClick Here to visit vortecfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to vortecfieroDirect Link to This Post

any boob knows head lights should be showing !!

------------------

87 Fiero GT 5sp with Vortec L35 4300 Turbocharged V6
Bully Stage 2 clutch
Syclone intake manifold and engine management with Moates adapter and chip burner
Air/water intercooler and Devil's Own progressive water/alky injection
50lb injectors, 3 bar map sensor, Walboro fuel pump and Jabasco Intercooler pump
LM1 wideband on custom manifolds and 3" stainless exhaust system
T31/T04B S4 turbo with a Super T61 in the box
S10 caliper conversion.
Murphy's Constant Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value
Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics Things get worse under pressure.
Arthur C. Clarke "Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

[This message has been edited by vortecfiero (edited 10-27-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timwdegner:

Maybe like this?

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-31-2007).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
An NSX looks nothing like a vette in any way, if you ever saw them side by side like i have, you would know why.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
It was an article from http://www.modernracer.com/ That where the picture link was on the first post. IMO it does look Honda/Acura-ish.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 08-31-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I don't why they'd use a NSX headlamp when a perfectly 2006 Corvette lamp fits w/o major issues and it's American. I had a link where the Corvette was sportn' the newer ones and it looked better.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
I love the look, especially on the black ones.

Just keep in mind:
The problem with non-pop-up headlights is that they're very reflective, which in itself isn't so bad. The problem lies in the fact that cops aim their laser guns at anything reflective they can find on a car. i.e. headlamps, or front license plates.

If I remember correctly, cars with no chrome on them (Yay, the Fiero is 100% chrome free ) have the lowest laser signature. That means that you have to be much closer to the cop for him/her to get a good reading.

Sometimes I wonder if that's the reason pop up headlights have been declared illegal.. ::conspiracy theorist::
InaneCathode

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InaneCathodeSend a Private Message to InaneCathodeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

I love the look, especially on the black ones.

Just keep in mind:
The problem with non-pop-up headlights is that they're very reflective, which in itself isn't so bad. The problem lies in the fact that cops aim their laser guns at anything reflective they can find on a car. i.e. headlamps, or front license plates.

If I remember correctly, cars with no chrome on them (Yay, the Fiero is 100% chrome free ) have the lowest laser signature. That means that you have to be much closer to the cop for him/her to get a good reading.

Sometimes I wonder if that's the reason pop up headlights have been declared illegal.. ::conspiracy theorist::

Radar guns dont operate on visible light, so something 'shiny' isnt going to reflect radar waves any better. Every object made of common matter will reflect radar waves. The only way you'd make a car somewhat 'invisible' to radar waves would be to take all the curved surfaces out of the object, and apply radar absorbing paint, which is denser than steel.

Pop up headlights arent illegal, manufacturers just cant be bothered to make them, they're too expensive.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
And unnecessary: the reason they invented pop-ups is that sports cars should have a low slung front. When headlights were big, pop-ups were the solution (during daylight). Now that lights are small they can be incorporated into a low slung front without the need for pop-ups.

Originally posted by InaneCathode:

Pop up headlights arent illegal, manufacturers just cant be bothered to make them, they're too expensive.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2007 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InaneCathode:

Radar guns dont operate on visible light,

I was talking about laser. Very narrow beam, has to be aimed by hand through the scope of a gun while stationary (so far, they're just working on a version that can be used on a moving patrol car )

As InaneCathode pointed out correctly, radar is a completely different animal, which operates on radio waves. And any object medium sized, or large reflects the waves.

Because of the radar beam spread (much wider than laser) the signal is easier to pick up with radar detectors (a laser detector will essentially only tell you that you have been caught. as it's aimed directly at the car with no stray radiation)

The only effective ways around a radar are: Weird shapes like a stealth fighter jet (,which I’d assume isn't all that stealthy on a public road .
Or RAM (radar absorbent material), which I wouldn't know where to get. (I’m assuming RAM is still classified technology) ,however even if I managed to obtain some, I wouldn't have a practical way of testing the authenticity.

Side note: Lasers are enforced by the FDA (out of all agenies, I know.. :shrug which is why "laser jammers" are legal, albeit only moderately effective. Radars are covered by the FCC, which states “any device that deliberately harms or interferes with the operation of a radio device is considered illegal.”

I used to think that companies wanted to save a few cents and therefore gave up on pop-up headlights, much to my sadness, as I believe it makes cars look much sportier. Including the eye candy every time I turn on the lights at night.
Unfortunately, during the course of my research of the 2006 Lamborghini Miura tribute car, I found out, new regulations (if I remember correctly pedestrian safety) make them tough to implement. I couldn’t find out if that’s a global law, or just ECE. (ECE applies almost everywhere except the U.S.)

Some cool information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlight
“The last time pop-up headlamps appeared on a production car was in 2004 when both the Lotus Esprit and C5 Corvette ended production.” Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_headlamps

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Ok this thread was really good< so any word from or on this C-5 headlamp. Is anyone else picked up where it was left off? Also the "goal fiero" he has in his sig, what is that, a 355? Hope to get this ball rolling again!
PFF
System Bot
Zimmer

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2007 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZimmerSend a Private Message to ZimmerDirect Link to This Post
could someone post NWS in the title? thanks :x
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:
Ok this thread was really good< so any word from or on this C-5 headlamp. Is anyone else picked up where it was left off? Also the "goal fiero" he has in his sig, what is that, a 355? Hope to get this ball rolling again!

The gray car is a French Venturi 600 LM. Looks similar to a Fiero fastback right? I'm not doing the HL project any more unless I can find someone here in Central Florida with good glass skills to help. To make the pair of clear lens cover is under $100 out of the country. IMO these type of headlights w/o any modifications is way over due for our cars..

Originally posted by Zimmer:
could someone post NWS in the title? thanks :x

National Weather Service(NWS) or Not Work Safe (NWS) or Not Safe For Work (NSFW)?
Your kidding right? If I own page 3 I'll post a violent picture from a major News network to make it work safe.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-08-2007).]

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
i dont care what anyone says how ricer-ish this might look but that big wing on the back of the 400gt looks so freakin hot...
fierodeletre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodeletreSend a Private Message to fierodeletreDirect Link to This Post
Fierocious- we never got to see the black ones mocked up on the car, man! I personally am against non-pop ups, but your idea looks really nice IMO. Where did you get the black ones? I might want to do this myself on my 86 seeing as the front is already somewhat buggered up...

------------------
If you can't be good, be good at it.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Just looked at the 1st post. Thats disgusting, you don't do that to a Vette. The headlights are not sooo bad, but everything else is.
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:
Just looked at the 1st post. Thats disgusting, you don't do that to a Vette. The headlights are not sooo bad, but everything else is.

Here are few pics to make you happy again

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 10-09-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

FierociousGT

2307 posts
Member since Jan 2007

Originally posted by fierodeletre:
Fierocious- we never got to see the black ones mocked up on the car, man! I personally am against non-pop ups, but your idea looks really nice IMO. Where did you get the black ones? I might want to do this myself on my 86 seeing as the front is already somewhat buggered up...

The black ones are up at Archie's. He working on them as we speak... (I hope ).

I got mines at Alfa Otto. They only sell to dealers (friend helped here). The price was $750 (minimum order is $800) + $25 ground shipping.
http://tinyurl.com/3c9an8

Also procarparts.com was selling them at the time for $1000 and they have dropped several $$$ since then on ebay, $660 (chrome) or $700 (black) + $130 for shipping. Search ebay "Corvette c5 headlights". You will need to cut your hood and maybe part of the metal compartment. The ones I was going to build would have been no cuts and just slip in.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I must agree that the black color ones look more professionally vs. the Chrome. I'd however would diassemble it and have the inside laid in fake carbon fiber. Sppdy knows a company that can coat just about anything...for a price. Check out Sppdy's thread for carbon fiber coating on his side mirrors, deck vents and black side moldings.

Examples from Sppdy's thread:

Carbon fiber treatment

Carbon fiber trim!

Carbon fiber decklid vents!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-09-2007).]

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2007 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
I'm not a big fan of the carbon fiber finish look. I was actually thinking of chroming the ring around the projector.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock