Started on: 02-24-2007 08:37 PM
Replies: 124
Last post by: americasfuture2k on 05-15-2008 12:03 PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Well, if you read earlier in the thread, Riceburburner98 has some ideas on how he might be able to make the Corvette gauges work. I don't think it will be cost effective for him to build a kit, so maybe you can talk him into doing a one-off for you just for the fun of it.

Edit - I didn't know I would own page 4, I should have quoted the question

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 02-03-2008).]

IP: Logged
War Hammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the redundant question. You do great work.
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerDirect Link to This Post

War Hammer

377 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Has anyone used speedhut gauges? Do they work well? I saw that you can get fiero logo on them.

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerDirect Link to This Post
Bump

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

americasfuture2k

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for americasfuture2kSend a Private Message to americasfuture2kDirect Link to This Post
i believe the guages themselves can be run off of the fiero's wiring. maybe by bypassing all the circuit board will be able to get them working. just need to find out what the speedo signal is that drives the vette speedo and what the signal is that comes off the fiero VSS. im guessing it is going to be 4000 PPM for both. the tach you will probably need a tach filter or whatever is done to get a different tach to work on the fiero's tach signal. like done in other dash n gauge swaps. coolant, battery, fuel, and oil should not require any signal changing setups. then running the idiot light wires to the vettes idiot lights shouldnt be a problem. other things would be pointless to have lit up on the vette gauges that the fiero doesnt have such as the TCS, the SECURITY light(if the vette has one for when someone jacks with your vette and sets the alarm off), the ABS light, skip shift, and the check guages. the check guages could act as your check engine light. all the buttons for the DIC would be pointless to use becuase in order to use it, you would need the entire vettes wiring harness, the engine, the trasmission, ect.... you could always figure something else out to go inplace of that display or to use the buttons for. or just make your own gauge bezel surround. of course there is the dimming issue as well. you could replace the black lights with ultraviolet (blacklight) LEDs and wire a PWM in series with the dimmer switch so that way it can dim the guage cluster.

well thats all i can think of off the top ogf my head here at work. i think i need to get back to working haha. these are the solutions im going to try and look more into when i can afford me a c5 interior to do to my GT. hope this helps!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock