Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Barrett-Jackson Fiero Conv. Sells today on Speed (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Barrett-Jackson Fiero Conv. Sells today on Speed by prowlerfan
Started on: 01-16-2007 01:43 PM
Replies: 85
Last post by: SAFASTRO on 01-24-2007 11:12 AM
Greg Z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I think it brought all the money. I think we have people on THIS forum from a wide selection of tax brackets and that the people that are actually in the tax bracket to afford the car would only pay what it sold for. I was intrested and thought that 8-12K was the money. 8 of course being a good deal and 12 stepping up to the plate to get what you want. And Yes at 13.5 is about the same as 12 at an Auction like that, because you may say 12 is your max but you know that next guy may have a max in his head at 12 too, and you have to go a lil more to buy the car and shut him down. Everybodys crying about value and why the Fiero's aren't bringin more money, get a grip! Its only been about 20 yrs. Look at the cars bringing big money, they are all 40 + yrs old!

------------------
91 NSX - Black/Ivory w/40K
00 NAVI -Black w/Ghostflames/Black
95 SL -Black/Tan
87 928 S4 -Red/Black
86 928 S -Red/Tan
83 944 EURO -Black/Checkerboard
85 FIERO GT -Indy Clone
84 INDY -41k, 57th built
91 ALLANTE -Red/Black
85 S10 -355 V8
76 & 77 T-BIRD-Silver/Black
90 TROFEO -White/Burgandy
94 GMC INDY -84 500 GMC Hauler clone
69 CAMARO -SOLD 2 aid NSX fund
PROJECTS:
90 REATTA, 85 FIERO GT, FORMULA,
INDY, 80 MASERATTI V8

IP: Logged
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
I watched quite a bit of B-J through the week. I was amazed on Thursday evening at the number of $100,000 restorations and re-creations that sold for $30-45,000 - all awesome looking cars. What deals!! I also feel bad for those people who lost a boatload of money on those cars (while happy/envious for the buyers). I wonder how they'd have done had these cars been auctioned on Friday/Saturday. B-J knows that the people with deep pockets attend Friday and Saturday and that's when the "big money" cars are brought out. It's slanted to those people and those cars.

I think it will be a long time before a Fiero hits a "prime time" slot on the auction schedule.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:
I wonder how they'd have done had these cars been auctioned on Friday/Saturday. B-J knows that the people with deep pockets attend Friday and Saturday and that's when the "big money" cars are brought out. It's slanted to those people and those cars.
I think it will be a long time before a Fiero hits a "prime time" slot on the auction schedule.

Agreed, but that's not why I'm keeping mine, I simply love driving them. Don't get me wrong, everything has a price but, my price will keep most of them in my stable. Obviously, economic woes could change that also.

------------------
Ron
Land of the Free because of the Brave. Most gave some, some gave all.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

G-Nasty

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-NastyClick Here to visit G-Nasty's HomePageSend a Private Message to G-NastyDirect Link to This Post
Whats going on in the RX-7 world? The 93-95's prices are all skyrocketing and they cant be found anywhere.

I made the mistake of buying a 87 GT over a 93 RX-7. The RX-7 stock would have tripled in price.

OUT>

[This message has been edited by G-Nasty (edited 01-22-2007).]

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post01-22-2007 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post
I don't think what that '84 convertible sold for is that bad. There was a '02 Camaro Anniversary edition with very low miles, like 385 hp, and 6-speed that sold for $30,000. That's right around where it stickered for back in 2002. Barret Jackson is just a place for classic cars. I think Fieros will eventually become collectible, but we'll have to wait until at least 2014 when the '84s turn 30. By then, even the '88s will be "antiques" in most states. I think by about that time cars from the 80's will spike in value, there are many people (like us) who feel nostalgia for that time period and its cars, and by that time many of us will be getting towards our primes or retirement where we'll have free money to spend. It just depends on which generation currently has the money and is into that kind of thing...right now its the baby boomers who are interested in 50's-early 70's cars. I personally couldn't care less about the weird 50's chevys and stuff selling up there, I only really like the late 60's muscle.
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
Hey G-Nasty...I think they shot up in price because of the "Tokyo Drift" movie.
Drifting is quite the big thing now, and I've gotta say, after that movie, the RX-7 sure regained my attention.
Although I'm still stickin with my Fiero project.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock