Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Barrett-Jackson Fiero Conv. Sells today on Speed (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Barrett-Jackson Fiero Conv. Sells today on Speed by prowlerfan
Started on: 01-16-2007 01:43 PM
Replies: 85
Last post by: SAFASTRO on 01-24-2007 11:12 AM
ZeroC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
Wow Weak Footage

some stupid interview during the sale ...and as soon as it rolls off ...oooooooo ANOTHER mustang ,,never seen one of thos on the show ...way to go fools..Yet the fiero sold for more lol

------------------
"This car is so good looking its almost indecent. - AutoWeek on the new 1986 GT"

Chilliwack Fieros
MSN Messanger tylercaddick@hotmail.com

IP: Logged
prowlerfan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prowlerfanSend a Private Message to prowlerfanDirect Link to This Post
As the seller, my only wish was that they had put my car later in the week as think it would have done better. This is a very professional auction all the way. Barrett-Jackson deserves the money made which is obvious buy the turnout increase every year by vendors and attendees. I did loose a bundle on this car, but that is part of the hobby. Hopefully the new buyer appreciates what they have purchased. Other interests (14 cars) forced me to offer for sale.
Earl-R

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
I thought for a moment they were going to show the Fiero. BTW what did it sell for?
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear you took a loss. It is sure a nice piece of history.

------------------

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

the 80's were the worst decade for cars period .the fiero was a bright spot during that decade but high insurance rates ,55 mph speed limits and some of the ugliest cars the world ever saw(i nominate the pontiac 6000 ) means nothing from the 80's will ever be worth anything.

76-82 were much worse.

Later in the week would not have made much more than a couple thousand differance.

This car I think would have sold for more in a private sale if you could get the word out and take your timing finding the person willing to give the money. It still would not have gone for much more as while special there just is not a demand for these cars yet.

We will never be a Superbird or retire on theses cars. I know it has been sid time and time again but look to the Corvair and that it is near how our cars will grow.

You own a Fiero because you love it not because your going to get rich. There just are too many out there vs demand and too many people have hung onto low milage models that have flooded the market over the years.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

(I think I know who bought it. )

Really? I can't tell if you're serious cause of the smiley. Come on, fill us in!

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Hell, I would have bought it for that much (seriously... I was looking for a new convertible to play with). I figured that the owner wanted twice as much.

J.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

Really? I can't tell if you're serious cause of the smiley. Come on, fill us in!

A member of our club was VERY interested in this car.
I heard at our club meeting he already had arrangements to bid on the car and have it shipped.
I just don't know what his spending limit was or if he was the actual winner of the auction.

prowlerfan,
Did you get any info on the new owner?
deadwood

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Earl-R:

I thought for a moment they were going to show the Fiero. BTW what did it sell for?

Look at page one.

------------------
2004 Mazda3i
1987 Pontiac Fiero
2004 Saturn VUE AWD
1991 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park LS

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

A member of our club was VERY interested in this car.
I heard at our club meeting he already had arrangements to bid on the car and have it shipped.
I just don't know what his spending limit was or if he was the actual winner of the auction.

Hmmm... a NIFE member who would be VERY interested in the car. I don't imagine that it'd be too hard to figure out who I'd guess first!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
There is no doubt our little sports cars are still below radar as it goes.

I did notice, however, that there were a bunch of original survivor cars that were selling well below the prices of frame-off restorations. Particularly the Vettes.

I think most of the big money folks don't want a candidate for a full resto, or a driver, but rather some eye candy to show off.

It is too bad the car went for $13,500 and that is the risk of an auction.

It does sort of beg the question though, how well would a fully prepped Archie do? Or some of the other heavily modified Fieros?

Arn

PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
guess I was wrong, all the evening shows are also live.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen any Fiero sell for over what it cost stock in the 80s unless it is a less than 10miles 88 GT with T-tops and 5 speed. These cars will not make any money probably in the next 15-20 years. Just enjoy driving them
justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

I have never seen any Fiero sell for over what it cost stock in the 80s unless it is a less than 10miles 88 GT with T-tops and 5 speed. These cars will not make any money probably in the next 15-20 years. Just enjoy driving them

exactly, its not as in demand as a GTO or Chevelle or mustang because, well, those have another 20 years on it! wait till the fiero is 40 years old, you'll see a change in prices by then.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by justa6:

exactly, its not as in demand as a GTO or Chevelle or mustang because, well, those have another 20 years on it! wait till the fiero is 40 years old, you'll see a change in prices by then.

Yeah, they'll probably be selling for $25,000 by then

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

RRobinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RRobinsonSend a Private Message to RRobinsonDirect Link to This Post
Actually, the 80's were a time of breakthrough performance cars. In one decade advances in fuel injection and emissions technology made for some great cars, and some future collectibles. 80's cars will get their due just as 70's cars are now starting to attract attention. But your clean 80's collectible now, because at B-J 2020 kids of the 80's will be buying the cars of their youth!

Some of my favorite 80's collectibles:

Fieros of course
Mustang 5.0s
Camaro IROCS, and earlly L69 Z28s
Trans Am GTAs and the 20th TTA
Late 80's Corvettes are solid values
Toyota MR2s

------------------
88 GT 5-Speed...5K orig
88 GT 5-Speed...16K orig
88 GT Auto...42K orig
88 Formula 5-Speed...87K, silver.
87 GT 5-Speed, Blue...18K orig
87 GT 5-Speed...55K orig
86 GT Auto...8K orig

RRobinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RRobinsonSend a Private Message to RRobinsonDirect Link to This Post

RRobinson

398 posts
Member since Dec 2000
Hey Tony, I think I forgot about the seats I was going to give you...
If you still want them, mind if I drop them off this week?
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Just got an email, this car is on it's way to Calgary. One of our members bought it, but he's not a registered PFF user.
This will be the 3rd American car bought by a member of our group in the past 6 months. A result of the oil boom here?

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 01-17-2007).]

prowlerfan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prowlerfanSend a Private Message to prowlerfanDirect Link to This Post
I did see the high bidder who was on stage, but did not talk to him. This will make a cheap museum car as I just saw a 62 Beetle sell for $36,000!!! Tomorrow early in the auction the 88 white 423 mile t-top GT sells. If it goes for $5000-$6000 as someone earlier predicts, I will buy for that, but yes, a 10% buyers premium plus $1000 + shipping back to Michigan. I told myself I was thru with Fieros, but will see. I rode 250 miles on my new Goldwing purchased here today into the mountains to help mend the wound of the $13,500 sale of my car of which I had $20k into!! Oh well.... It is just a hobby.
NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
This is the whole point why I plan on selling my vette and getting into a clean 88 GT 5speed and having some cash to spare....
In the early 90's late 70's vettes were a dime a dozen... I recall my father selling a 429 cobra-jet mustang for 6 grand...
Right now a late 80's vette is cheap... dirt cheap (compared to other years) and they are pretty good stock performers...
Fiero's will gain value. Every dog has it's day.
Just remember.... all those mustangs rusting to hell you saw when you were a kid... some of them... (select models) are worth a fortune now....
like I said.. wait until the fiero turnd 30 +
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prowlerfan:

I told myself I was thru with Fieros, but will see. I rode 250 miles on my new Goldwing purchased here today into the mountains...
Oh well.... It is just a hobby.

You'll have to post a picture or the Wing here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/036895.html
PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post

. I rode 250 miles on my new Goldwing purchased here today into the mountains........

Try joining here, its like PFF for Wingers: http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/index.php

I have been a member there for 5 years.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 01-17-2007).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Stupid double................

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 01-17-2007).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2007 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

PURPLE REIGN

4080 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by RRobinson:

Actually, the 80's were a time of breakthrough performance cars. In one decade advances in fuel injection and emissions technology made for some great cars, and some future collectibles. 80's cars will get their due just as 70's cars are now starting to attract attention. But your clean 80's collectible now, because at B-J 2020 kids of the 80's will be buying the cars of their youth!

Some of my favorite 80's collectibles:

Fieros of course
Mustang 5.0s
Camaro IROCS, and earlly L69 Z28s
Trans Am GTAs and the 20th TTA
Late 80's Corvettes are solid values
Toyota MR2s

Ummm....................

let's not forget the

Grand National,
Regal T-type
McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
Typhoon & Cyclone
other possibilities that might be rare if in nice shape, the Turbo Sunbird.
glane21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for glane21Send a Private Message to glane21Direct Link to This Post

I did see the high bidder who was on stage, but did not talk to him. This will make a cheap museum car as I just saw a 62 Beetle sell for $36,000!!! Tomorrow early in the auction the 88 white 423 mile t-top GT sells. If it goes for $5000-$6000 as someone earlier predicts, I will buy for that, but yes, a 10% buyers premium plus $1000 + shipping back to Michigan. I told myself I was thru with Fieros, but will see. I rode 250 miles on my new Goldwing purchased here today into the mountains to help mend the wound of the $13,500 sale of my car of which I had $20k into!! Oh well.... It is just a hobby.

If I were you I'd be pissed at Barret-Jackson. I know you think they did you right, but it seems to me their big thing is the No Reserve auction and they entice sellers to agree to no reserve partially by their sell price estimate - $25k in your case. I think that if you get cornholed on the selling price, like in your case, they should waive their 8% seller premium on you at least since you relied on their 'expertise'.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by glane21:

If I were you I'd be pissed at Barret-Jackson. I know you think they did you right, but it seems to me their big thing is the No Reserve auction and they entice sellers to agree to no reserve partially by their sell price estimate - $25k in your case.

Price is always determined by the number of interested buyers and how deep their pockets are. How many people were even bidding on this car - 25 or 5? The other thing is that "Fiero people" are often (not intended as an insult) are either poor OR cheap (thrifty?). Those who want it don't have the money, those who do want the best deal.

Those with deep pockets at B-J are buying muscle cars and some very nice ones are going for $20,000. They know those will appreciate in value, sometimes dramatically if they are willing to put money into them. Unfortunately, too many Fieros fall into the category of "spent $30,000 appraised at $20,000". There was that Toyota Monster Truck, $150,000 spent on it (so they say) and sold for $23,000 - bet THAT guy is hurting. Nobody wanted it.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Just got an email, this car is on it's way to Calgary. One of our members bought it, but he's not a registered PFF user.
This will be the 3rd American car bought by a member of our group in the past 6 months. A result of the oil boom here?

Ah, So I guess Wayne didn't buy it. At least it sounds like it's going to a good home.

Today the White 88 goes across the block.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 01-18-2007).]

Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
sorry it didnt get as high as hoped. I saw this car in my Barrett Jackson catalog. interesting
FierOmar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

Ummm....................
let's not forget the

Grand National,
Regal T-type
McLaren Turbo Grand Prix
Typhoon & Cyclone
other possibilities that might be rare if in nice shape, the Turbo Sunbird.

The Grand National certainly ranks right up there. Don't forget the Shelby Dodges... the 86 GLHS set a new mark for pocket rockets. I used to own one, and still own an 85 GLH. One of my friends has an 87 Omni that he has modded beyond the GLHS specs. He consistently runs 7.50 range in the 1/8 mile (Best 1/4 mile is 11.90) This is in a car that is easy to drive on the street and fully emission compliant.

------------------
FierOmar

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Today the White 88 goes across the block.

Sold today. Looks like the final price on it was $17,050

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
Now that was a bad investment... that will teach people... DRIVE THE CAR!

PFF
System Bot
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Is that with or without the fees?
WisconsinGT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WisconsinGTSend a Private Message to WisconsinGTDirect Link to This Post
Humm...That is awesome!!! Nice to see!

[This message has been edited by WisconsinGT (edited 01-18-2007).]

RRobinson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RRobinsonSend a Private Message to RRobinsonDirect Link to This Post
$17,050 seems about market correct to me for that 88 GT. I think the real steal was that convertible.
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
I'm just guessing that $17,050 is below sticker price for the car new??
Still a good sale price for the car today.
I'm like others here, We still might be 20 years away.
Gary
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Please remember the $17,050 is also including the buyer and seller fees.
The convertible went for $14,850 with fees included.

You can get the auction results here:
http://www.barrett-jackson....&showfinalprice=true
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
I mised it on this one. I never would have expected someone to pay this high of a price for a Fiero at this meet.

I am glad if this price is what they got. This will help the Fiero look much better at future sales and this can happen again at another auction.

Now in reality this price it max at best and was sold at top dollar. There are too many low milage 88 GT at lower prices still available to expect this are a average price for all 88 GT's for right now.

Whether this was a fluke or not it will be a positive in hope for future pricing. If this car had tanked lke the converible it would have been a set back for future speculation on our cars.

Let just hope this price will spark interest with collectors and help set this as a average market price for a 88 GT and help shift the market for all Fiero's.

Big Congrats to the seller and to hope this will catch non Fiero collectors attention.

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
The car sold for 15,500.00 plus the 10% = 17,050.00 So I was only 100.00 bucks off this one.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

Now that was a bad investment... that will teach people... DRIVE THE CAR!

I agree, hold onto the car for 20 years and lose 3% per year to inflation is not such a great investment.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
The GT was probably bid on by folks who have never seen Ebay loaded with the low mileage cars. Nobody I know who collects Fieros would pay this much but I hope it may be the start to rumors of what there worth to the outside world. There are to many around still and to early with the Fiero being ahead of its time body style wise and still looks newish. It takes time for them to look old and catch on. We also have a nasty stigma tied to the name like the Pinto or Corvair which still bring in little money. Heck look how long it took the Edsel to get some bucks. SC
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock