Started on: 05-09-2006 04:32 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: Gordo on 05-14-2006 09:39 AM
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone else had their fiero catch fire in the front? Aparently under the AC duct there is a spot where leaves and dust collect. When you turn on the fan it can ignite the leaves and before you know it there is smoke coming in the vents and flames touching the inside of the hood. Melted all the relays, wiring, and plastic covers. All I can say is make sure you clean out all that crap. Anyone else ever have this problem?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the warning.
I have noticed a little of that crap in mine so I guess I will have to keep it clean.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
not that particular front fire, but my headlight wiring went up in flames....
Jax184

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post
It's happened quite a few times. The fan resistor coils get Damn Hot while the fan's running. If they're surrounded by leaves and stuff that fall through the front vents, a fire will result.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
My indy caught fire there, and it scared the crap out of me.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20050818-1-050439.html

Actual flames came shooting out the front and the entire car was engulfed in smoke, (it was coming out the vents too). Like most Fiero owners I had a fire extinguisher handy and put the flames out quick, but everyone should make sure there are no leaves in that area.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-09-2006).]

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
The problem is where the stuff piles up. It creates a pile right behind the uncovered fan switch. Make sure you take care of it soon it cost quite a bit to replace everything. Drive fast, corner hard, and eat ricers for dinner!
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
NOW WITH PIcs!

[This message has been edited by USFiero (edited 05-10-2006).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
well, i've never had that happen but i have set it on fire myself. very small and short, just singed the insulation on a few wires.. heh, be careful where you aim a torch (stuck bolts)
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
don't you guys know these POS catch fire?

------------------
3800 SC/IC Fiero Yep, it's blue! or is it...?

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2006 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
Found this when I rebuilt my GT....
PFF
System Bot
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gordo:

Found this when I rebuilt my GT....

so much for that heater core... how much of a pain was it to replace that baby? (the surround in front of the core' under the hood')
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTFormula:

so much for that heater core... how much of a pain was it to replace that baby? (the surround in front of the core' under the hood')

That's actually the evaporator for the AC system. The two hoses there go to the heater core, which his behind it. The worst part of replacing the heater core is getting the )*!#%^ hoses off the old core.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Gordo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTFormula:

No problem. I stripped the entire front end to the bare chassis for refinishing anyway.
spad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2006 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spadClick Here to visit spad's HomePageSend a Private Message to spadDirect Link to This Post
Where does the water condensated from AC comes out? Should it be right after AC evaporator? I have not found ever water coming of my AC.
agrabo85fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for agrabo85fieroSend a Private Message to agrabo85fieroDirect Link to This Post
my parts car caught on fire burned the passenger side carpet.
Gordo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by agrabo85fiero:

my parts car caught on fire burned the passenger side carpet.

I'm not gonna ask what you were doing in there.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock