Green fieros by rlinn84
Started on: 05-02-2006 09:48 AM
Replies: 54
Last post by: Saxman on 05-09-2006 09:36 PM
rlinn84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
Ok my daughter wants me to paint the fiero i am giving her green and i want to see some that are green now to get some comparisons Thanks and Prayers Ray
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sonic50

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sonic50Send a Private Message to sonic50Direct Link to This Post
I got some photos of a green fiero at home. I will post them when I get back to the house tonight.

Scott
rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
cool she piced out a green apple metallic that is a 2006 gm color but i cant find any vehicles that are that color.
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
cant remember his exact screen name....but MinnGreen (?) comes to mind
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Well... I know this guy with a "Jaguar Racing Green" Fiero

It's a very difficult metallic to capture on film. When the sun hits it just right, the green sparkles!

There are some more "recent" pics scattered on this page: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/055340.html

Here's an older thread with a bunch of other Green Fieros as well (unfortunately many of th links are shot) : https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030531-1-025730.html
rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
The color she picked is a lot lighter than yours minngreen it is more of a metallic lime green the paint shop will be custom mixing it for us
Damien

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DamienSend a Private Message to DamienDirect Link to This Post
MinnGreen's GT is probably the only good looking green car I've seen... Many years ago I knew a girl driving around town in a very lime green SE and it had to be the fugliest thing I ever saw. The car was perfect but the paint job just killed it. To each his/her own so it's entirely up to you but with all the photoshop pros around here you might wanna get a sample of the color and let someone put it into a picture before you lay the actual paint. Just my .02

Ð
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
That Jaguar Green is a beautiful color and fits the Fiero real well.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rlinn84:

The color she picked is a lot lighter than yours minngreen it is more of a metallic lime green the paint shop will be custom mixing it for us

Looking forward to seeing it! Are you thinking of a metallic color, or something solid? I've always liked the lighter metallic green that was used on the Ford Mustangs for awhile...

Originally posted by Damien:

MinnGreen's GT is probably the only good looking green car I've seen...

Thanks! I actually get that comment a lot - Many people don't really like Green, but when presented right - they think it's a nice look So do I.

Many years ago I knew a girl driving around town in a very lime green SE and it had to be the fugliest thing I ever saw. The car was perfect but the paint job just killed it. To each his/her own so it's entirely up to you but with all the photoshop pros around here you might wanna get a sample of the color and let someone put it into a picture before you lay the actual paint. Just my .02

Ah yes... saw that car a couple of times at Dells Run. Talked to the girl last year at Dells, her BF was driving it and hit & killed someone in that car not so good...

This one:

Details found here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20050119-1-042319.html

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

That Jaguar Green is a beautiful color and fits the Fiero real well.

Thanks again! The car was previously painted with a cusom-mixed Corvette Med. Metallic Green w/gold pearl. The colors are amazingly close, but the Jag paint is much nicer with the right light!
AutumnsOATH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutumnsOATHSend a Private Message to AutumnsOATHDirect Link to This Post

Is it like that silvery green color on the new mustangs? I believe they call it Legend Lime. I LOVE that color. I thought about painting my Fiero that color awhile back, my only worry was that maybe the color only looked good on a Mustang. I don't like that brown color they come in, but other than that, Mustangs in general seem to be able to show-off any paint color.

[This message has been edited by AutumnsOATH (edited 05-02-2006).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutumnsOATH:

Is it like that silvery green color on the new mustangs? I believe they call it Legend Lime. I LOVE that color. I thought about painting my Fiero that color awhile back, my only worry was that maybe the color only looked good on a Mustang. I take that back, I don't like that brown color they come in. But other than that, Mustangs in general seem to be able to show-off any paint color.

Legend Lime:

The Mustang Green I was thinking of is listed as "Electric Green" and was used in the prior generation body style...

This is the color I wanted to paint my old '88 T-Top project car (has since been sold... still in black primer).
PFF
System Bot
AutumnsOATH

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutumnsOATHSend a Private Message to AutumnsOATHDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I love that Legend Lime. I've never seen a color like it on another car before though, I'd like to see if it looks as good on anotehr car as it does on the mustang.
rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
it is very close to the electric green that ford used actully the color is called green apple metallic and it is a 2006 gm color but i am having a hard time finding a vehicle that uses that color on it Ray
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
kandy green with 1 coat of kandy gold over it there is someone on here that has a fiero that is close to that color... i have pics somewhere
fierochild

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochildSend a Private Message to fierochildDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine
c:\program files\qualcomm\eudora\attach\DSC00261.JPG
fierochild

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierochildSend a Private Message to fierochildDirect Link to This Post

fierochild

346 posts
Member since Mar 2001
PM your email and I will forward the picture of my green Fiero

Chuck

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Here's one from an old local member... it's House of Kolor "Kandy Lime"

An image of Fierochild's bright Green GT (at a RFTH event)
rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
it is almost a direct mix of those two fieros it is as light as the last one and as metallic as the fist one
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
WHOA! im usually not a big fan of "loud," bright paint jobs, but that House of Kolor Kandy Lime is done very nice!!
AJ7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike OHIO:

WHOA! im usually not a big fan of "loud," bright paint jobs, but that House of Kolor Kandy Lime is done very nice!!

looks like candy huh? lol
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2006 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Here's another Jaguar Green one. It belongs to Don Hulse in our club.

PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Isn't Jordan's green?
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Here's another Jaguar Green one. It belongs to Don Hulse in our club.

https://images.fiero.nl/pffimages/Resize_of_Swapmeet_006.jpg

CopyCat - Do you happen to know if his is the metallic (Jag Racing Green) or the non-metallic (British Racing Green) finish?

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Isn't Jordan's green?

Yes... very lime green!

Originally:
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

Recently:
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post
Green is my favorite color---I Like them all, I swear, a car salesman could say this car has a bad trans & engine--but we want 3 times what its worth ---Ok I`ll take it....lol.... Ray ---just a quick note, if you go with custom mixed paint---make sure to get the code & some touch up ---just in case you would need paint somewhere down the road.
rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
they stat that we will need three quarts of color so we will be getting the gallon of color and they will write down the wieghts of the tints so we can get more if we need it.
rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post

rlinn84

371 posts
Member since Jun 2004
the best way to describe the color is to look at a full mountain dew bottle and make the color a solid and metallic thatwould be verry close i think
Poncho Jim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Poncho JimClick Here to visit Poncho Jim's HomePageSend a Private Message to Poncho JimDirect Link to This Post
I took this one at the Toronto (GTA) Fiero show a few years back.

rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
If you take that one and go two shades lighter i think you got it !!!!
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
Fierohoho what color is theat last on it looks really close to the correct color Thanks Ray
3800superfast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 191
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3800superfastSend a Private Message to 3800superfastDirect Link to This Post

they stat that we will need three quarts of color so we will be getting the gallon of color and they will write down the wieghts of the tints so we can get more if we need it.

Ray , forgot to ask ---what kinda paint ??
PFF
System Bot
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Fierohoho what color is theat last on it looks really close to the correct color Thanks Ray

looks like the same car posted earlier by Minngreen GT....he said House of Kolor Kandy Lime
AJ7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

something like this maybe? (scroll down)
http://www.tkfpaintshop.org/alt.html

[This message has been edited by AJ7 (edited 05-04-2006).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike OHIO:

looks like the same car posted earlier by Minngreen GT....he said House of Kolor Kandy Lime

Yup... same one (he just has the shirt to match ).
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Now that's a green to set your teeth on edge!!!
rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
now that i see an up close pic it will be a lot lighter Ray 3800 sent you a pm
UCFieroCharger

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UCFieroChargerSend a Private Message to UCFieroChargerDirect Link to This Post
i Like the kandy lime

------------------

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Here are a couple of GM Emerald Green

------------------
Frank

1986 GT - & - 1987 5 Speed Lowered
Signiture By Reality

1988 GT - T-Top
87 Coupe - Tilt Front End in Progress

PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by PontiacJ8:

nice car and color! What's that poking out of the hood? That doesn't look stock!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock