Green fieros by rlinn84
Started on: 05-02-2006 09:48 AM
Replies: 54
Last post by: Saxman on 05-09-2006 09:36 PM
Vladd

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VladdSend a Private Message to VladdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Well... I know this guy with a "Jaguar Racing Green" Fiero

It's a very difficult metallic to capture on film. When the sun hits it just right, the green sparkles!

There are some more "recent" pics scattered on this page: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/055340.html

Here's an older thread with a bunch of other Green Fieros as well (unfortunately many of th links are shot) : https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030531-1-025730.html

That has to be one of my top favorite fieros since i've been on this site. Hell make that sense i've been looking at fieros, the color and wheel combo is perfect. If you don't mind me asking what are the wheels?
IP: Logged
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierohoho:

Did he wear that shirt on purpose?
rlinn84

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
pontiacj8 what color is that car it almost looks like a pearl lime we are shooting fro a pearl lime metallic i think Ray
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vladd:

That has to be one of my top favorite fieros since i've been on this site. Hell make that sense i've been looking at fieros, the color and wheel combo is perfect. If you don't mind me asking what are the wheels?

Thanks! Here's the details (and "long story" on the wheels): https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20060206-1-052038.html

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

I would hope so... it's an awfully ugly shirt to wear "by chance"
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:
CopyCat - Do you happen to know if his is the metallic (Jag Racing Green) or the non-metallic (British Racing Green) finish?

From memory, I believe it is metallic. He also mentioned Jag Green when he got it painted.

You probably have seen the car.
I believe he got "best paint" at the 20th. He didn't tell many people that it was a 3 day old MAACO job.
It's held up pretty well, though.
I liked it better when he had the aero bits painted body color instead of black, and had the 15" lace wheels.
But that's just me.

I'm not sure where he came up with the color choice. He doesn't have a 'puter, so he didn't see it here.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40731 posts
Member since Oct 1999
Here are "before" and "after" pics of Don's car.

Edit - Looks like the GFX are black in the 1st pic as well.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-05-2006).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Raydar - yup... I can see the metallic color-shift in the 2nd photo.

If he had it green and was at the 20th... then I saw it - Probably just don't recall it specifically (there were a couple of green-car-owners that I spoke with).

Anyway - he probably found the color the same way I did... on a Jag (I picked mine out at the Minneapolis Auto show on a full-size sample in the form of a Jag ).
PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post

nice car and color! What's that poking out of the hood? That doesn't look stock!

Here's the only closer shot I have of the motor:
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
It's a 383 stroker with 2 Holley 4 bbls- The fellow that owns it his Dad owns Northern Engines in Upstate NY, don't know exactly where.

pontiacj8 what color is that car it almost looks like a pearl lime we are shooting fro a pearl lime metallic i think Ray

I have no idea what color green it is, I'll have to ask him if he shows up to any cruise nite or shows this year.
fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
well heres what i was gonna go with till i ran out of paint, tried to tell painter we need a gallon, he didnt believe me. but also the next color is what i want to go with.

Vunda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VundaSend a Private Message to VundaDirect Link to This Post
Dragon,
can we get some more shots of the fiero with the cowl induction?
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Yes he did.
PFF
System Bot
IMSA/GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA/GTSend a Private Message to IMSA/GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey MinnGreen there are some shots of a green fiero in the watkins glen thread too.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2006 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PontiacJ8:

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

The color looks close to mine - "Sublime Green". Looks different on real Fiero skins. Different is good!

------------------
SBC "FinIERO"
87 T-top (soon to get the FinIERO transplant)
'86 SE (soon to get a 3.4)
85 SE (just sold)
www.finiero.com

rlinn84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlinn84Send a Private Message to rlinn84Direct Link to This Post
saxman could you post some pics of the color of your car Thanks Ray
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rlinn84: saxman could you post some pics of the color of your car Thanks Ray

No problem - here are a couple...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock