Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Looking for John Parenti's "Green Machine" (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Looking for John Parenti's "Green Machine" by 30+mpg
Started on: 12-28-2005 06:33 PM
Replies: 49
Last post by: 30+mpg on 03-18-2006 03:48 PM
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2005 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Where is it now?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Some guy in the Northwest (Portland or Seattle) bought it. I don't remember the name. I'll emain John and see if he remembers. (edit - I just emailed him, and it bounced)

He offered it to me, but for some reason I couldn't buy it. I guess I thought it would always be his.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 12-29-2005).]

LilRdFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilRdFieroSend a Private Message to LilRdFieroDirect Link to This Post
Fred Miller Sr. of Jet City Fieros bought the car.

------------------
Greg
'86 SE
Inland Northwest Fiero Club
Spokane, WA

LilRdFiero

summerjim

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for summerjimClick Here to visit summerjim's HomePageSend a Private Message to summerjimDirect Link to This Post
Was that the "Engine of Thirds" car that appeared in the FOCOA magazine?
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Is that the IMSA widebody fastback?

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by summerjim:

Was that the "Engine of Thirds" car that appeared in the FOCOA magazine?

I don't know about "engine of thirds", but it appeared in the mag at least once, including a detailed article.

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Is that the IMSA widebody fastback?

No. Stock 85GT/Aero body.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
He brings the car to the Arlington meet every year.

BRB

I know I have some pics around here someplace.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Cant wait for Dyno Time and Track Results. Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Delta Cam and Allante Intake Soon.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2005 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000
These are all from http://captfiero.com/arlington2k4 I think page 5 or so.

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, Optima battery and a replacement alternator. Ignition coil pack on the transmission. Is that a 3.8 VIN 3 V6?
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 30+mpg:

Hmm, Optima battery and a replacement alternator. Ignition coil pack on the transmission. Is that a 3.8 VIN 3 V6?

It is a 89-90 3800 V6 if i remember correctly in his car..its been a few years since i read the article on the car.

------------------

2004 Pontiac Cosmos Purple GTO 1 of 334

PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Series one, normally aspirated. Rebuilt to the hilt.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
This is a very nice car to see in person. Here are my photos to add to the drool effect..

At Arlington Ultra-light Airfield in Arlington, WA. 2005

At NorthWest Fiero Fest 2004

Special Note. This car has no windshield wipers on it. Only uses Rain-X.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Quote from the 2nd and 3rd Quarter 1998 issue of "Fiero Owner":

"Best of show engine from John Parenti's Green Machine 3800 Buick Park Avenue engine combination. John calls this engine set-up an engine based on thirds. One third Buick 3800, one third Fiero and one third small block Chevy technology."

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Very nice and unique.

------------------

Archie's Choptop conversion #11, #15, Redux & The Stealth # 20

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
I have an 88 3800 Park Ave engine in an 87 coupe.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052684.html

On the Green Machine:
Look's like the EGR valve has been eliminated.
There's a chrome U tube for the injector wiring above the chromed fuel rail.
For the coil pack to be where it is, the exhaust crossover pipe needs to have been eliminated, which means the exhaust is fed to the right on both banks.
Cut down accelerator linkage with a wire rod loop for the cable welded on top and the bracket for the cable housing relocated to the air hose end.
Chromed everything.
Never seen those four bolt vavle covers before. Are they stock (minus the ribs machined off, polished and chromed)?
Brake vacuum line going to the rear from the top of the manifold.

[This message has been edited by 30+mpg (edited 12-30-2005).]

Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
HE SOLD IT!?!?!?!

Damn - I rememebr helping John paint the parts and installing them when I was back in highschool ( '96 ), driving the car with NO BODY PANELS on it down to the painters, the wait he had from Crower for the cam, how his ex always got pissed when she came to the shop ( damn, thats when Chris West was still on Glencoe Ave. ) and he was never ready to go, and it was being built next to Ernie Luna's red GT - the very same GT that is in the PFF Banner at the top of your screens. - I even remember John putting in something like 12 or 13 amps for the stereo with a goal of not being able to see them. There is honestly something like 100+ hours of machine work in the engine itself with all of the billet and such.......

it truely saddens me to see that he sold it, what is he doing now?

------------------
Former West Coast Fiero Employee

Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post

Chicken McNizzle

1310 posts
Member since Jan 2004

I have an 88 3800 Park Ave engine in an 87 coupe.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/052684.html

On the Green Machine:
Look's like the EGR valve has been eliminated.
There's a chrome U tube for the injector wiring above the chromed fuel rail.
For the coil pack to be where it is, the exhaust crossover pipe needs to have been eliminated, which means the exhaust is fed to the right on both banks.
Cut down accelerator linkage with a wire rod loop for the cable welded on top and the bracket for the cable housing relocated to the air hose end.
Chromed everything.
Never seen those four bolt vavle covers before. Are they stock (minus the ribs machined off, polished and chromed)?
Brake vacuum line going to the rear from the top of the manifold.

NOTHING IS CHROMED - chrome is the easy way out, John hates chrome - everything is polished aluminum and stainless steel - I watched this car be built - it would just be very insulting to John if you went up to him and said "nice chrome", he would come back with his east-coast attitude and slam you down, just the kind of guy he is, you would just have to know him

[This message has been edited by Chicken McNizzle (edited 12-30-2005).]

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Hard to tell chrome from polish from just photos. Are the engine vent mounting brackets polished as well?
Disillusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DisillusionSend a Private Message to DisillusionDirect Link to This Post
Thats one nice looking fiero. The thing that stands out most is the unusal colour. and that steering wheel is sexy lol
PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well haul your butt over to the mainland and come down to the Arlington show in June. While you are at it, grab Amanda and her buddy.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Cant wait for Dyno Time and Track Results. Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Delta Cam and Allante Intake Soon.

Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post

Cool. Hard to tell chrome from polish from just photos. Are the engine vent mounting brackets polished as well?

those must have been an add-on, last time I saw the car John had one single brushed piece of aluminum that spanned the entire top of the engine bay sides, covering the shock towers, chassis seams, etc... included with the piece were stand-offs that were used to replace the factory grille mounts

Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post

Chicken McNizzle

1310 posts
Member since Jan 2004
The color is from a Geo, I believe the 93-94 lineup
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

Chicken McNizzle:those must have been an add-on, last time I saw the car John had one single brushed piece of aluminum that spanned the entire top of the engine bay sides, covering the shock towers, chassis seams, etc... included with the piece were stand-offs that were used to replace the factory grille mounts

Sooo, are the engine vent mounting brackets polished as well?

Or, maybe, they are stainless steel?
Also, was the power steering bracket support rod custom fabbed from stainless steel?

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like a beast of a 3800 NA, was it ever dyno'd?
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2005 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Found this at:
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040710-1-037947.html

"Hello people. Yes it is me Mr John Parenti. I would first like to thank all of you on this forum for your kind words about my car. I thought I was forgotton by many Fiero people.I guess I was wrong. Anyway I have sold my car to a gentlemen in Washington State just a few minutes ago. The reason why I sold it is that I have had my fun with the car and it is time to move onto something different. The S2000 idea was cool, but for the reason of high theft rate I decided to go with something different. I just bought a 1997 BMW Z3 Roadster with a slant 2.8 li 6 cyl and 5 speed. The color is Atlantic Blue with a tan top and tan interior, just like the one featured in 007 Goldeneye. This is a NICE RIDE. You guys in MN. need to put some seat warmers in your car like this one has! I will always be here for the Fiero people if they need some ideas or advice. I have been around Fieros and thier owners for 12 years, and I will always cherish the memories. I just might show up at a show in Z3. I know (Boo Booo Hiss Hiss)
Sincerely

John Parenti"

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2005 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a list of internal engine mods?

Sound systems specs?

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2006 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have John Parenti's current e-mail address? He lives in Long Beach.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2006 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Anyone have John Parenti's current e-mail address? He lives in Long Beach.

I just emailed him, and it bounced. Also, Fiero Doc told me he moved. I think to Vegas.

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2006 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Engine HP?
PFF
System Bot
30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2006 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a list of internal engine mods?
Sound systems specs?

How about info from the FOCOA mag article?

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Where'd the valve covers come from?
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post

Where'd the valve covers come from?

we made them

------------------

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

Chicken McNizzle:we made them

From what & how?

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
No one has engine info?
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post

From what & how?

using the stock units as a template for the flanges, then to the CNC to mill them up, then fashioning the sides and the top using a break, then welding them all up. oh, and Aluminum.

couldnt say for sure as far as horse power, but when you pass the 250hp+ mark in a Fiero it really isnt that critical, lets just say that the car is just fast enough to get stupid in

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2006 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post

Chicken McNizzle:...couldnt say for sure as far as horse power, but when you pass the 250hp+ mark...

What engine mods for HP?

Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2006 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
I know for a fact is uses a Crower Cam that John put in, no idea on specs - hell, the last time I rode in the car was something like June of '97 for the Knott's Berry farn show, picked up the car down at Fiero Motorsports which has been gone for years. Knowing John, it more than likely has headwork, port matching, etc... I do know that at one time ( possibly still does ) had true dual exhaust with no crossover, sounded like a Geo Metro on crack and I believe that we successfuly talked him into changing it.

But just by seeing the pics you can see that the mod work to the engine bay, that is nothing in comparison to the sound system....

------------------

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2006 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
bump
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock