Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  MFC Visit to: GM Heritage Center (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
MFC Visit to: GM Heritage Center by WingNut - MD
Started on: 09-16-2005 03:39 PM
Replies: 133
Last post by: ARKaiser on 12-14-2005 03:21 PM
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2005 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
................and a couple more to add to the mix after dinner and before the Red Wings come on:

Very cool Caddy Go Kart

Corvette Pedal Car

IP: Logged
spud321x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Nick they are on my photobucket site. http://photobucket.com/albums/v334/WingNutMD/GM%20Heritage%20Center/

If you'd like the high res, PM me your address and I'll send them to you on a CD.

PM SENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Dan (G.M.) I waived at ya. I looked for you later but I think you had already left.

Didn't see you. Nah, just getting behind some cars for more pics. I stayed til the end and went to Dave and Busters. I was driving the big white and black thing. Most peps left to go gokarting when I was still there and Tom (Cali Kid) came driving up. Don't know if he joined you guys or not.

California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Most peps left to go gokarting when I was still there and Tom (Cali Kid) came driving up. Don't know if he joined you guys or not.

I didn't have much time, went to Sears for a battery to see if I could get my 3 motorcycles fired up at my old house (gas too old, non of them would fire up). Bad move on my part letting them sit so long.

Here's a tip for you guy's that got blurry photo's at GM. Most of the digital camera's (not talking the real expensive one's here) don't have a lens that lets a lot of light in, and typically the flash isn't very good once you get past 15 feet. The camera must be held extremely steady to take picture in this indoor setting (important note - turn the flash off), which not many people can do freehand style. So here's a solution that helps a get deal, get an aluminum "Mono Pole", it's a single leg - 3 section colaspable version of the Tripod, and it's no a PITA to carry around, or setup (cheap as well). Then all you have to worry about is basically your side to side movement (again, disable the flash, so the shutter stays open longer that the set 1/60th of a second). You still have to hold the camera very steady, because basically you'll be taking a time exposure of about 1/15 to 1/30th of a second (may be longer in really dim lite areas). Hope this helps you out.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 11-02-2005).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2005 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Here's some pics that shows the size of the place.

The entrance is on the right wall. If you look on the wall on the left you can see red lettering that actually says XM satellite radio. There's four rows of cars in most of the building.

You can see the XM sign on the right side here. On the left there's a wall that has the engine displays.

Here's the opening for the engines. Must have been 35 or so. The blue tonnau cover in the bottom right...

is in the bottom left here. Notice the Olds Aurora and Chevy bowtie. they'll be markers for another pic.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2005 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

The row of covered cars. A few people took peeks. The Buick sign can be seen...

peeking behind the only Fiero inside. Take a few steps forward past the convert, keeping an eye in the Saturn sign...

you'll find this row.

Cross back over the stage, noticing the Olds and Chevy signs.

I hoped you enjoyed your online tour. There are other pics showing the rest of the building and quite a few individual cars including a factory built 66 Chevelle with LS6 and Corvette suspension but who knows when I'll get the roll developed. Hope Santa gives me a digital camera.

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2005 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Gokart Mozart,

Great Pics showing how big the building is. It was trying to descirbe to a customer of mine how big it was. I'll direct them here to look at the pictures, as it gives a nice "tour" on the size of the place.

Anyone else have pics? Here's a couple more I have left from my camera.

Displays in the office area

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2005 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

WingNut - MD

5261 posts
Member since Apr 2003
Nice Neon signs of GM brands. My son took these, as I did not even think to take pictures of them. He did a pretty good job, just wish I would have looked at them before I left, as the Pontiac one came out a little blurry.

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 11-03-2005).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I finally developed and picked up the roll of film that has the remaining pics but it might be a little while before I can post them. I'm having a bit of trouble downloading PIP on the library computer. Maybe later tonight I'll have them up.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003
You can see the entrance and the Cutlass in the lobby, like that's why I took this shot.

How about a LS6 powered Chevelle?

Or a Corvette LS2 '55 Chevy?

"Chevrolet Engineering Test & Dev. Vehicle"

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Thanks Ken!

If anyone would like a full size pic, send me a pm.

PFF
System Bot
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Dan,

Nice Pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2005 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! I think Santa is going to give me a digital camera so I won't have to wait 3 months to post pics. I've been such a nice boy this year
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2005 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pictures. It's nice to remeber the good time we had over again. (see there is something good about having to wait for the photos)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock