Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  MFC Visit to: GM Heritage Center (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
MFC Visit to: GM Heritage Center by WingNut - MD
Started on: 09-16-2005 03:39 PM
Replies: 133
Last post by: ARKaiser on 12-14-2005 03:21 PM
Mulholland_GT_Racer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2005 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post
This sounds terribly exciting, I'd love to go, but my girlfriend and I would be taking her Jack Roush Mustang instead of the Fiero, as I am afraid that my 86 GT fastback would break on me en-route with 140k and all-- and I wouldn't be able to get it towed home if it broke down.

Count me in,
I think.

-Mulholland GT

IP: Logged
ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2005 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
bump
ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2005 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
bump it again.
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2005 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Bump - and a question.

Has anyone heard anything for sure about plans for Friday night and if everyone is planning on going to the old plant? At this time it looks like we'll be going down Friday late afternoon and staying till Sunday but plans are not set yet.

I guess I'll just have to be sure and make the meeting Monday night to get details.

WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2005 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

I have not heard anymore details. I will try and call today some time. I will be out of town on business on Monday - Wednesday, so if you hear anything at the meeting would you mind posting it here? I will have my laptop with me and at least I can keep up on this thru PFF.

Mark

P.S. Laurie and I say "hello" to you and Vickki, as well as the "girls" (Red & Rose)

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2005 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARKaiser:

I guess I'll just have to be sure and make the meeting Monday night to get details.

When and where is the meeting?

ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2005 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post
The meeting is at Kerby's Koney Island, 21200 Haggerty Rd. Northville, MI.
(248) 449-7088

North on Haggerty, off of 8 Mile Rd. Just West of (275)
Starts at 7:30 P.M.

ranger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2005 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rangerSend a Private Message to rangerDirect Link to This Post

ranger

92 posts
Member since Jul 2005
Meeting is MONDAY, October 24th.
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
OK - Here's what we've got...

Friday night we'll be meeting up with those coming into town at the Amerisuites 45400 Park Ave Utica MI 48315. There should be someone from the MFC to greet you when you arrive. (I should be there between 5 and 6) We are hoping to have a club room open for us to use. Sometime in the 6 to 8 o'clock time frame we will go to dinner at a local restaruant as a group.

Breakfast on Saturday will be open but most likely a group or two of us will get togeather somewhere close. The trick is in timeing. We need to be sure that everyone is geathering at the Center at 9:30 am. (6400 Center Dr Sterling Hts. MI 48312) We don't have alot of freedom on time here. The tour will start at 10:00 and we have to be all set to go at that time. The tour will last about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. After the tour we will going to lunch as a group. At this time it looks like around 100 of us might be attending. After lunch there will be several different thing that you can be part of. We will be playing it by ear but some of the possible things might include - a trip to the Tech Center, a trip to the old factory, or a "Woodward Cruise".

-- I will be going to the plant and anyone who want to join me will be welcome to do so --- I just need directions from someone --

There may be some staying over Saturday night but at this time nothing is planed around that.

See you all there and don't forget your cameras. Word is that the blue PPG and the proto will be there and maybe some others also.

Rick and Vicki Kaiser
Little Red and Rose T

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
great! my brother and his wife are driving in friday, so we'll be there saturday. are they able to handle a large group like this?

Joel

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2005 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Rick,

Thanks for the update! I am looking forward to Saturday. Wish I could have been there tonight, but I am in Chicago on business right now.

Mark

Originally posted by justa6:
great! my brother and his wife are driving in friday, so we'll be there saturday. are they able to handle a large group like this?
Joel

Yes they are able to handle large groups. We were told they can handle upwards of 400 people with no problem.

PFF
System Bot
spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Rick,

Thanks for the update! I am looking forward to Saturday. Wish I could have been there tonight, but I am in Chicago on business right now.

Mark

I was just in Chicago last weekend. Went to Midevil Times. Pretty fun. Unfortunatly I am not going to be able to go to the Heritage Centre with you guys I have to work. Have fun and get lots of pics!!!

Nick

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2005 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
What route are you people from Lansing and west of Lansing taking? 96 to 696? and over or 69 to 75 down?

Thanks.

Steve

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Looks like there is a slight change of plans on the hotel. Several of us are now staying at the Holiday Inn in Warren. It's called the Tech Center Holiday Inn or something like that (586-754-9700) at 696 and Hoover. I understand that Fred and a group from Chi-town will be staying there also. What that will do to Friday's plans are unknow to me. We will be going to dinner and everyone is free to join us. Fred also said that we might be going go-karting also.

By the way --- if anyone has a spare EGR tube for a V6 that you don't want an arm and a leg for I'll be needing one if you want to bring it along with you.

Solotwo - we will be going in via 96 to 696 to the hotel. I won't know what time for sure we will be leaving or I would try to set it up so we could caravan down.

Yellow87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Yellow87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Even though I am from MN I am working for GM as a co-op so I'll try to make it (sorry, no Fiero though since I don't drive it in the WInter and I'll be in MI through December 16th.

No objections, I hope?

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
None at all. Just glad you can join us. The fact that so many of us from the Fiero world are going to be there makes a statement in of itself. It is always nice to have a large group of Fieros but "large" can be a relative word. Just last week I was told by several people I ran into while on a mini color tour that they had never seen so many Fieros in one place - there was three of us. So I guess if more then two other people show up with thier cars we'll have a "VERY LARGE" group.

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
I'll be there, but my brother and his wife wont be. he ended up having to work and not able to coem out this weekend. wont be in a fiero though, as mine is in MN right now as well. so look for a green contour SVT :P
Yellow87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2005 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Yellow87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks ARKaiser.

Thats funny - my dad's got a white w/silver trim 86 GT and me an 87 and we get the same response at gas stations.

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

It does not matter what you are driving, what matters is that you are coming! We invite everyone who can make it to attend. I'll be bringing at least 4 people with me, so I'll have the Mini-Van.

2 more days!!! (WOO HOO)

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I should be there but I have to work. Have a wedding to drive in Waterford at 3 so I might not be in the Fiero.
I will bring my mags so if someone can take pics...

May I suggest Pampa Lanes as a dinner place? They're used to cars in the lot.

kart2kart Hmmm didn't see a map. [url=http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=42705%20Van%20Dyke%20Ave&city=Sterling%20Heights&state=MI&zipcod e=48314%2d3335&searchtab=home]map[/url] No time but check this out.

The map to the center is on the first page. If you drive north on Mound and stay 45mph you should make the lights without stopping. Remember cops will notice you!!!

Any ideas for breakfast? I can think of Big Boy near Garfield and Hall on the south side or National Coney Island with two locations: Hayes and Hall on the north side or near Dave and Busters. We'd have to meet at 8 to get there in time. I'll be at Big Boy.

[url=http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&formtype=address&searchtype=address&cat=&address=W%20Montcalm%20St%20%26%20Baldwin%20Ave&city=Pontiac&state=MI&zi pcode=48342]the plant[/url] Notice Widetrack Drive is one way. Don't get lost or confused. You don't want to be in Pontiac at night Can't get the link to work...

Dave and Busters Turn before the Lexus dealership.

ARKaiser, pm sent.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 10-27-2005).]

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

You don't want to be in Pontiac at night

I'll second that, from experience.

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Hoping I might be able to find time to "hook up" with all of you outside the Tour. Busy getting my old house cleaned up for very possible sale.

Would appreciate a time table posted (most current) of where and when the group plans to be.

------------------

Car History: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
I'll be leaving GR about 7:00 AM Saturday and I should be able to make it to the parking lot by 9:30. Unless there is a lot of construction. Does any one know of any? Come to think of it I may leave at 6:30 and drive 65. The old duke runs better at 3,000 rpm. I am debating on what route to take. 96 to 696 to Mound Road or 96 to 69 to 75 etc. I think 75 has construction around Flint. Any suggesttions or comments on the best route to take?

Well, we will see how the Fiero does on a road trip. Fairly new clutch and replaced the Isuzu. I hope to see a lot of Fieros!
I dont know if anyone from the West Michigan Fiero Club will be there other than myself.

Steve Williams
Also member of Michigan Fiero Club, Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association, New England Fiero Association

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 10-27-2005).]

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
75 does have construction between Flint and Auburn Hills, so that'd be slow. Well, I don't know how slow it might be at 8am on Saturday.
Mike Murphy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
Anyone going have an 88 passenger side underbody coolant tube? I need about 6-12 inches of the engine side for my 3.4 dohc project.
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Cali,

Here is what is a for sure for Saturday

9:30 - 10:00 am arrival
10:00 - noon GM Heritage Tour
12:15 - ?? Lunch at Dave & Busters (maybe 2:00 pm, depending on size of crowd)

Things to do afterwards: (not set in stone)
Indoor Go Karts
Outdoor Go Karts (Weather permitting)
Slot Car Racing
Go see Fiero plant

I will PM you mine and Ken's cell phone number so that you can call us during the day and we can let you know where we are.

Mark

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 10-27-2005).]

Yellow87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2005 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Yellow87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Yellow87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Note: I am curois as to what you mean by seeing the Fiero plant. If you mean just driving by thats fine, but I doubt anyone will let people in since plant 17 isnow a warehouse. It has a lot of security too. Did someone manage to get a special pass or something?

I have heard around work that none of the equipment from the Fiero days is left. (Unless you count the trash cans which still say "Fiero Plant" on them.)

[This message has been edited by Yellow87FieroGT (edited 10-28-2005).]

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2005 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
People were asking about going to see the Fiero plant. If people are interested you can go drive by it. You are correct that the plant does look different from what it did 20 years ago. There are no special passes, so it would be just that, looking at the plant.

IMO Go Karts sounds like more fun

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2005 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
Let me be the first to say what a great time we had today. Everything was just great. I took around 150 pictures that I need to work on. But here are just a couple ...

No it's not a Fiero!

A car or is it a plane?

Where else but at the Heritage Center?

A small sample of the cars present (102 people were there)

Our Rose back at her birth place.

Just a couple of examples of what we experienced. I'm sure others have alot they can post too.

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2005 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post

No it's not a Fiero!

Please don't keep us in suspense! And post some more pics!

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2005 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
I didn't get the name of this Chevy concept car. But it looked like they took several parts from a Fiero to use on it. I'll post more pictures of it later if no one else does. Mine are not very good and I need to see if I can do anything to make them better.

OK now just a couple more then I need to go to bed...

Now how do you turn???

Let see, mid engine - two seater sports car. Hmm now why wouldn't they want any competition? (AeroVette)

Having fun after the tour!

[This message has been edited by ARKaiser (edited 10-29-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2005 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post

ARKaiser

1305 posts
Member since Feb 2003
I forgot about Daylight Savings Time --

Just a few of the only Fiero on display.

This car doesn't match any of the concept convertible that I have ever seen before so I am not sure where it came from. Most likely Fred can shed more light on the topic.

Another couple of pictures of the mystery car with the Fiero dash.

(Fred doing what Fred does best.)

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post

OK now just a couple more then I need to go to bed...

Oh no....No Sleep - More Pics!

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2005 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
A couple more ...

ARKaiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2005 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post

ARKaiser

1305 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Don't know why this turned out this way but it is kinda cool.

Come on now people I know I'm not the only one who took pictures (and my camera stinks). Anyone else got some good shots?

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2005 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

This car doesn't match any of the concept convertible that I have ever seen before so I am not sure where it came from. Most likely Fred can shed more light on the topic.

edit to fix quote tag

EDIT #2 - MORE PICS COMING SHORTLY!

This is the Targa Prototype that was at the 20th Anniversarry show in Pontiac, MI in 2003. (another MFC event!)

[This message has been edited by WingNut - MD (edited 10-30-2005).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2005 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
We had a great time (my wife and me). I had a perma-grin the whole time. I didn't catch a lot of names, but everyone was great. It was nice to meet Ken, seems like a really nice guy, and CTFiero, nice guy, too.
I've got a bunch of pics of the mystery car...Never did ask what the name was, but I want one.

My images are too big to post....I'll have to resize them.

Awesome time...can't wait to go back.

Bob

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2005 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Here are my Pics. I have way too many to re-size, so here is the link to my photobucket account.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v334/WingNutMD/GM%20Heritage%20Center/

Mark

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2005 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Mystery car:

Makoshark:

Olds Aurora:

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2005 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

RCR

4397 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Buick Wildcat:
{once PIP starts working again....}

Bob

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page