Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I need a set of GT lenses for some. . .experiments. . . (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
I need a set of GT lenses for some. . .experiments. . . by Racingman24
Started on: 02-09-2004 12:31 AM
Replies: 160
Last post by: Silicoan86 on 07-17-2005 11:50 PM
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2004 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Where has racingman gone? His last post on this topic was way back in April. Thats quite a long time.

Edit: Haha i own page #4

[This message has been edited by daniel87fierogt (edited 09-15-2004).]

IP: Logged
Racingman24

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
I'm still here. Just been working to refine the process.

And I believe, once I have a few more things here at home, the price will drop about 30 bucks. Since I don't have to sublet them to get tinted and cleared. It will be a cut and dried process, all done by me.

The latest set that I did, I just delivered to a guy tonight. They look freakin' great. I did them for Jon, silicoan86 here on the forum. I'm sure he will chime in and say something or another. I will get pics of them tomorrow.

And, you're all gonna love what I'm working on next. I'm attempting to see if I can repair cracks in GT lenses. . . .That will be cool. And I'm pretty sure that it'll work, as long as the crack is only in the black part of the lense.

Well, back to the grinder.

Eric

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Eric, I must've missed this part, but how do you get all the scratches out of the clear part of the lense? I know with the black part you can just sand smooth, and paint. Obviously, you're not putting any paint on the clear part. But you are clear coating that part, along with the rest of the lense? I'm not fully understanding the process.

------------------
86 SE 4 spd - 86 GT auto - 86 SE auto
oh yeah, and the 85 coupe parts car

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Just lot's of sanding.

I just take a red, scotch bright pad, and sand until all the scratches are out. It can take a while. But since it's being done by hand, there is less possibility to overdue it. At least that's how I feel. Ocasinally I will follow that with a grey pad, since that is a bit less harsh.

Then I tape off the clear section of the lense, and the PONTIAC, and shoot it all with black. Wait for it to dry lightly scuff, and shoot again. Wait for it to dry, then remove the masks, and sand some more. I just scuff most of the black, except the "ridges" those I go after kind of hard to try and get rid of most of the edge that's left there.

Then They are shot with a mix of black paint, thinner, and colorless base coat. The whole lense, clear part and all. Then once that dries, they are shot with clear coat, again, over the entire lense. And that gives them the super shiny cool look that they have.

Eric

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the explanation.
I figured you would be able to see the scratches in the clear part of the lense if you just clearcoat them, but I guess not. They look really good.
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
I hate to say it, but the lights in the previous pics look very amature comparted to the last set I just did. If you think those looked good, just wait until tomorrow, when Jon shows up and some pics get taken.

Eric

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Racingman24

2304 posts
Member since Apr 2003
Here is a teaser pic of the ones I just finished last night. I will post the rest when I have time.

Enjoy.

SNMFX

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
I want to send mine
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
hmmm looks kinda like mine

Although i would like to go back to the stock look sometime soon...

------------------

Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
Here is a pic from last night, before they were installed. Sorry; camera sucks.

Just wait till Eric posts the rest of his pics.
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
Awesome, u think u could do a set the night before next wheatstock?

Loox awesome btw, if I could part with mine for more than 1 day i'd send em' off.

------------------
96k Miles, 2nd owner

PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2004 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

oh
my
god

Eric those are beautiful. Once I get new tail lights (without cracks...) I'll definitely be sending them to you for that look!
Beautiful!

Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2004 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
So Eric, wheres the rest of those pics? Lets see 'em!
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

So Eric, wheres the rest of those pics? Lets see 'em!

Alright, alright, here they are.

Nice and shinny.

Nice comparason of the lights Jon had on there before I came to the rescue.

And, even though these lenses are tinted very dark, the light still shines through them really, really well.

Eric

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2004 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
That is just plain beautiful, I might just have to get me some of those . I'll start savin up, what price range are we lookin at?

James

SNMFX

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2004 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
Can i send mine now?
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Wow, the painted lenses look fantastic, I can't believe I missed this thread before! Mine are started to delaminate pretty badly, this is quite obviously the best solution without access to new parts anymore. Looks great! I'd be interested to try the full tinted type, but I worry about any reduction in light intensity, even small ones.

Bryce
88 GT

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SNMFX:

Can i send mine now?

You have a PM

Originally posted by Nashco:

Wow, the painted lenses look fantastic, I can't believe I missed this thread before! Mine are started to delaminate pretty badly, this is quite obviously the best solution without access to new parts anymore. Looks great! I'd be interested to try the full tinted type, but I worry about any reduction in light intensity, even small ones.

Bryce
88 GT

Any particular reason you are so concerned about loosing a tiny bit of intensity?

Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nashco:

Bryce
88 GT

IMO these likes look 100 times better than any other lights I've seen and I haven't noticed any difference in intensity at night. You can see the lights just as well at night as you can w/ stock lights. In the daylight there is a tiny bit of reduction but the only way to tell is if you actually compare them to the stock ones. I would recommend Eric's lights to anyone, well worth the money.

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2004 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Hey thanks Jon. It's always nice to have people back up my service with good reports.
Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

Any particular reason you are so concerned about loosing a tiny bit of intensity?

It's not often that I like to be noticed while driving my car, but when I'm hard on the brakes I'll take all the attention I can get. I've never been rear ended and I'd like to keep things that way. Also, I have a friend who works for Hella Lighting that would probably kill me if he saw my taillights blacked out!

Bryce
88 GT

PFF
System Bot
justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
check out the notchabck tailights also! they rock!
honestly, ive seen both types notch and fastback lights, and they honestly look better than original. they take nothing away from the car and ad alot.
Joel
mattm

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2004 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
Can you PM me pricing info for the blacked out ones. I have at least one spare set i'd like to get done.

Matt

------------------
85 GT, converted to a fastback
87 GT Blue, 3.4, 5 speed
88 Coupe

Dowdian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DowdianClick Here to visit Dowdian's HomePageSend a Private Message to DowdianDirect Link to This Post
I just read this entire thread for the first time tonight. RacingMan, you have done some really beautiful work here. + for you.

------------------
Dowdian
Chopped up, broken down, bashed in 88 GT that I love dearly.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I skimmed the entire thread, but did not see a price ?

I could have missed it, but for clarifications's sake and to save others some time, how much are u charging Racing man ??

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Right now, I am charging $125.00 for GT lenses, and $75 for the Notchie's. That is for a complete refinish, and includes shipping back to you.

Those prices are only good until Dec. 25th, at which point they will return to there normal prices.

Eric

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
Keeping this on top for my FLA bro's.

John

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Racing man this for scratched and delaminated repair only correct ?

Cracked ones are out of the running correct ?

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
That depends. Right now I am working on an expirimental set that have a crack in the black area only. If that works out then cool. But if the crack is in any part of the clear, then I can't do anything for it, reguardless of how my expiriment turns out.

Eric

Rhino88gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rhino88gtClick Here to visit Rhino88gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to Rhino88gtDirect Link to This Post
As soon as I get back from Iraq I'll be sending you some!!

------------------
"HOT, HOTTER, HOTTEST!!!"
Red 88GT 5spd
Gold 87GT 5spd #115 PARTING OUT!!
Red 86GT 4spd

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

That depends. Right now I am working on an expirimental set that have a crack in the black area only. If that works out then cool. But if the crack is in any part of the clear, then I can't do anything for it, reguardless of how my expiriment turns out.

Eric

Come on now... you could still make it pretty and shiny... it would just still have a crack in it

------------------
88 Fiero GT Auto
01 Prizm 5 Spd.

PFF
System Bot
MOBILE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2004 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MOBILESend a Private Message to MOBILEDirect Link to This Post
HEY Rainbow YOU HAVE PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE,
MOBILE

------------------

Member MN Fieros Forever
Self Installed SC3800/getrag. 11 years in Car Audio and Car Electronics Experiance........ GOT 19"s?? w/ 13" Brakes all around.

SLagrec1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLagrec1Send a Private Message to SLagrec1Direct Link to This Post
Racingman24, sent you a PM ... and an e-mail.

------------------
Steve, 87 Fiero GT, Getrag w/Ultimate Shift Kit, Street Dreams drop spindles, Poly mounts, KYBs, Borla exhaust, Pioneer audio, DashScan

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2005 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post
pm sent also.
fierodude88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodude88Send a Private Message to fierodude88Direct Link to This Post
This thread was getting a bit dusty, figured I would dust it off!

Hey Racingman, ya still out there? I have a set that could really use your "special treatment". The tinted ones look exceptional!

Could you let us know if you are still offering this kickass refinishing?!?!

Thanks!

The Dude....

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 03:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post
yeah, a pm or update to the thread would be greatly appreciated. thanx.
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Update please, -Austin
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
I looked thru the whole thread and didn't see the pics where he refurbished notchie lights?
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
They look just as good as his fastback lights...
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock