Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  I need a set of GT lenses for some. . .experiments. . . (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
I need a set of GT lenses for some. . .experiments. . . by Racingman24
Started on: 02-09-2004 12:31 AM
Replies: 160
Last post by: Silicoan86 on 07-17-2005 11:50 PM
Racingman24

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Ok, here are the rest of the pics

They're in there some where

Mmmmm, shiny

Little bit reflective.

The two together.

Sooooooo, let me know what you guys think, I know, they aren't perfect, but I have a good idea of what to do in the future. But, let me know what you think about them.

Eric

IP: Logged
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
What did you use to tape off the outlines? Did you have a paint mask cut, or was it all done by hand?

Kris

------------------

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by shop_rat45:

What did you use to tape off the outlines? Did you have a paint mask cut, or was it all done by hand?

Kris

I used a mask that was custom made by Paul Mckibben. BTW, he rocks

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

I used a mask that was custom made by Paul Mckibben. BTW, he rocks

Any chance of me getting a copy of that mask file? I'm assuming that they were cut using a plotter. I have the equipment to cut vinyl, and I'd like to repair a set of my tail lights myself.

Kris

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
To actually get the file, you would have to contact him. Or you can get the mask, or I can get it for you. Just be forewarned, they are not spaced and each one does need to be hand layed. But that's half the fun.
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
How would I contact him? Does he post on here? Thanks for the help, and a + for you.

Kris

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by shop_rat45:

How would I contact him? Does he post on here? Thanks for the help, and a + for you.

Kris

Thanks.

His website is here just shoot him an e-mail and let him know that you are looking for the custom overlay that he made for me. He should know what you are talking about. If you have any problems, don't hesitate to let me know.

EDIT::: One thing, I think something like two of the letters have to be trimmed just a bit to be "perfect" but it's pretty minor

[This message has been edited by Racingman24 (edited 04-09-2004).]

shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

Thanks.

His website is here just shoot him an e-mail and let him know that you are looking for the custom overlay that he made for me. He should know what you are talking about. If you have any problems, don't hesitate to let me know.

EDIT::: One thing, I think something like two of the letters have to be trimmed just a bit to be "perfect" but it's pretty minor

Email sent. Thanks for the help.

EDIT :: BTW the lenses look great!!!

Kris

[This message has been edited by shop_rat45 (edited 04-09-2004).]

MRJ

Feedback score:    (36)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post
Man they look great!! Glad that we tried this experiment. I just got something to put them on too Man I don't need anymore do I? Hehe I have one other delamidated set if you'd like to fool with them.
Matt Jackson
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Good work Racingman! They look great, I'm sure everyone with a GT will be checking these out!

+ for you man!

------------------
Christian Thomas
87 Pontiac Fiero GT Burgandy/Silver 5.7L ZZ4 5spd
86 Pontiac Fiero GT Red/Silver 2.8L 5spd

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Dude... U ruined a perfectly good set of a GT taillight!! Shame on you..

Before u throw em out, lemme know which garbage can, they're worthless now anyways..

PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2004 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Not perfect????? They're friggen close! Awesome Eric, totally awesome. Just need to find an extra $200 now...
MRJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post
So do we get to see some pics put back together and installed on a MinnGreenGT?
Matt J
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MRJ:

Matt J

If you have enough patience to wait until tuesday. Sure, then I will try to ship them out on Wed.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Matt J

Sounds good to me... but I can't guarantee that you'll get 'em back after that

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Sounds good to me... but I can't guarantee that you'll get 'em back after that

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

[Hey Rob, which movie you watching right now???]

[This message has been edited by Racingman24 (edited 04-11-2004).]

MRJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post
Doh now now. . . . . Please be careful shipping them back now!!

Matt J

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Doh now now. . . . . Please be careful shipping them back now!!

Matt J

O trust me, I will. I want them to get back to you just like they are now, so you can tell these guys first hand what you think of them, good or bad. So, yea, when you get them back, feel free to voice any dislikes about them, so I can improve on the next set that I do.

Eric

riley

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rileySend a Private Message to rileyDirect Link to This Post
I hope for you that they dont get "lost" in shipping and somehow end up at my place cause i think i would have to keep my mouth shut about where i got "my" new lenses then.
Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post
Racingman --- from what i saw in your pictures... For the notchie lights, they looked really nice. From ur personal standpoint. on an fiero during the day can you see the lights? Reason i ask if i dotn want some ahole tailing me to run into me cause he didnt notice the car stopping or an turn signal perhaps? hehe... Thanks for helping + for ya for yer hard work!

Soap

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Top notch work!
PFF
System Bot
AznFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AznFieroSend a Private Message to AznFieroDirect Link to This Post
What are the fish eyes you were referring to before? They look near perfect.
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Soaper:

Racingman --- from what i saw in your pictures... For the notchie lights, they looked really nice. From ur personal standpoint. on an fiero during the day can you see the lights? Reason i ask if i dotn want some ahole tailing me to run into me cause he didnt notice the car stopping or an turn signal perhaps? hehe... Thanks for helping + for ya for yer hard work!

Soap

During the day, you can see the brake lights and turn signals fine. The running lights on the other hand. . . those are a little harder to see. But, I double checked them today, and it is very sunny, and I saw the brake and turn signals just fine.

Originally posted by AznFiero:

What are the fish eyes you were referring to before? They look near perfect.

They are tiny little "bubbles" in the paint. They are very hard to see unless you look closely at them, and you can't see the bubbles in the pics. I guess I'll just have to wait until Matt gets them back and he can let us know what he thinks of them.

And two other things. I'll be going down to Rob's [MinnGreen] house tonight to get some "On Fiero" pics. Also, I'll be stoping by Shawn's [Purple Reign] shop, because he has a set of NOS lenses, and I will be taking comparasion pics of the refinished ones next to the NOS ones. That should prove kind of interesting. I will try to post them up tonight, but it might get to late by the time I get back from the track.

Eric

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post
You need a paint booth so you won't get so much dust in the paint when you are covering them. See all the specs? It's guaranteed to look nicer without specks....
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87GTBro:

You need a paint booth so you won't get so much dust in the paint when you are covering them. See all the specs? It's guaranteed to look nicer without specks....

The "specs" that you are seeing is just dust that is sitting on the lenses. I work in a very dusty place. There are only a few fisheyes in the paint, and you can't see them in any of the pics.

But, I my next set will probably get painted in the booth. The clear is done there [obviously] but I wanted to find out how it would look outside of the booth. Like I said above, things are going to change with the next set, which I have and will start working on tonight or tomorrow.

Eric

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Ok, a few more pics here. The top one in the next few pics is the refinished lense. The bottom one is a NOS lense. Yes in the redone one, there is a little bit of "Orange Peel" but it is not noticable when out in the sun.

Ok, here goes

The following pics are while one lense was on MinnGreen's car. His are near perfect lenses, no cracks or stress cracks, no delam. etc.

There you go, again, feel free to chime in with any comments, good or bad.

Thanks,
Eric

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
After seeing them in person - especially next to my own lenses, all I can say is wow. They look amazing... I'll definitely be having mine redone sometime in the near future as well!

And yes, these were not 100% as Eric has mentioned before... they're more like 98% perfect - and anyone would be well-pleased to have them on their GT!

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2004 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
all i can say is....wow

all i can ask is, how much if i send you a set?

you have my complete attention, and a big fat +

AWSOME job man! You just solved one of the biggest fastback Fiero dilemas "delaminating tail lights"!

------------------
-Monkey

9 Fieros....help

AznFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2004 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AznFieroSend a Private Message to AznFieroDirect Link to This Post
The refinished one looks newer than the original one...really good job, i can only imagine how they must look in person.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2004 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
Yeah..................looks GREAT........................now how bout those headlights
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2004 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Excellent job! Very nice work. I like the GT lenses and was not looking forward to using different tail lights. Give us all the details when you are ready for production.

Sour

PFF
System Bot
MRJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2004 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post
PM sent Eric!
Matt J
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYDirect Link to This Post
Isn't there a plastic wax type that fixes or fills in scratches?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
86 Fiero GT, 93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
My build thread
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/048624.html

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

Isn't there a plastic wax type that fixes or fills in scratches?

Meguair's PlaticX.... or something like that... I have a bottle and use it on all my clear plastics... works well on extremely small scratches. Obviously wont fix cracks or deep scratches.

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Those taillights look BEAUTIFUL! Very nice work.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
How durable are they? I'd hate to see you go to all that work and have them get all scufffed or scratched up after a little while on a daily driver. Is it just as durable as any other paint on the car, or would you want to keep the refinished set in the garage and only bring them out for shows?
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2004 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
Hopefully I will be getting my set back today or tomorrow. Can't wait to see em!
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Bump for all the newbies that missed this.
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2004 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
how long does it take? i only have one pair, and they are on my daily driver.
SNMFX

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-15-2004 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNMFXClick Here to visit SNMFX's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNMFXDirect Link to This Post
Those look amazing!!! I always suspected these could be easily rehabbed this way! Great Job. I want to send mine for your next trial.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock