Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  3.4 DOHC Fiero driving impressions. (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
3.4 DOHC Fiero driving impressions. by Dave Gunsul
Started on: 08-23-2004 12:18 PM
Replies: 359
Last post by: 85frankenstein on 05-04-2005 09:31 AM
fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
not to intervien, but Fieromaster isnt the one putting up a new thread every week about the littlest mod that he did...
IP: Logged
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 02-08-2005).]

LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

not to intervien, but Fieromaster isnt the one putting up a new thread every week about the littlest mod that he did...

oh yeah guess the motor swap was nothing 6x9 installation and putting in aftermarket seats was nothing. Just cause you can't afford a digital camera for pics don't cry to me.

http://pennockssucks.saturnet.net/phpBB/search.php?search_author=Fast88Fiero

well I don't know let me sift through it all and point out all the threads.

Dave Gunsul
02-06-2005 11:24 PM

I stay out of your threads, i'd appreciate it if you did the same!

someone asks for HP/Torque stats I post them in the right direction and get hell for it I'm going to bed you ladies have fun fighting on the internet cause remember in the end...

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Dude, the seats.. the 6*9's the new deck, the interior dyed, the ic thread.... those just come off the top of my head. I do own a digital camera in fact, I just dont find it nessicary to post threads like, "I just changed my allready aftermarket deck to another one, do you like this one better? *crumby pics inside*," or "My daddy just put an intercooler on my engine for me, but its not quite done, I just want attention so heres some pics of it half installed." James is way less attenion needy than you. And if you try to bash me, good luck, you dont even know the first thing about me punk. At least I can do my own swap.

[This message has been edited by fieromadman (edited 02-07-2005).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 02-08-2005).]

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Theres more, but I'm tired. I'm also done killing this thread. Sorry Dave!

dont worry im sure you'll make it up to him later

HighPowered

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2005 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HighPoweredSend a Private Message to HighPoweredDirect Link to This Post
Nice interior Lowkey you've done a great job.

I would post pictures too if that were my car I don't see anything wrong that?

You guys should settle down and maybe take it to the trash can in a trashed topic this is a good thread.

Danno88GT5Spd

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2005 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Danno88GT5SpdSend a Private Message to Danno88GT5SpdDirect Link to This Post
I don't see what LowKey did here? He posted a link to some specs on a specific question... Where did he do anything wrong? Even his replies are warranted as it seems he's being attacked for no reason?

Whether or not something behind the scene has happened that's one thing, but FieroMaster you brought this out and tainted this thread. I was actually enjoying reading up through it until that happened, Thanks a lot buddy.

cryptnix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cryptnixClick Here to visit cryptnix's HomePageSend a Private Message to cryptnixDirect Link to This Post
tehehehehe ... its all fun in games. remember kids stalking isn't cool it can get you time. secondly, go ahead the DOHC is quite the damn choice. If I felt comfortable about wrenching under my hood every 20k... or spend the extra dollar to go chain driven maybe I would consider the damn DOHC... but c'mon folks in realife it takes real decisions to chose whats best for you.

don't mind me i'm not siding with anyone but i also find it hidious. and fast88fiero sorry you got banned. haven't really set a policy for my "administrators" on my mistreetscene.org website but ... seriously the damn 3.1 can rev ...

http://turboz24.com, so can a properly done 3800 ...

but i can feel it already that everyone is going to come down on me and rath me because i'm siding with a person in particular. face it folks the DOHC is dead, just as the 3800 is going to be ...

seriously though. if tag teaming on a board was this fun all the time i'd intentionally keep **** agrivated in this thread. i mean its like i am anyway so ... blah nonsense.

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danno88GT5Spd:

I don't see what LowKey did here? He posted a link to some specs on a specific question... Where did he do anything wrong? Even his replies are warranted as it seems he's being attacked for no reason?

Whether or not something behind the scene has happened that's one thing, but FieroMaster you brought this out and tainted this thread. I was actually enjoying reading up through it until that happened, Thanks a lot buddy.

Yeah, things went on in the background. It wasn't Fieromaster that caused trouble it was low_key.

USFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2005 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for USFiero1Send a Private Message to USFiero1Direct Link to This Post
LowKey after reading this I have no idea what you did wrong. But I will say I've been a long time fan of your car, you've done a great job on it. You and Joe are welcome to stop by anytime and hang out with the old guys. As for your posting about your mods whats wrong with that either. I skimmed over your posts each time they popped up and it was always a positive thread. This is what the forum is for post your accomplishments have a good time..

No need for you guys to bring your personal crap onto the Forum we all know better than that. There was a place to settle whatever the problems are and it isn't here. And are they really that important??

Back on topic guys!!

[This message has been edited by USFiero1 (edited 02-07-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
So...anyone driven any good 3.4 TDC's lately.

I raced monte carlo z34 the other day in my friends 84 firebird w/ a 350 and a 5spd, and the monte carlo won. It wasn't even close. Firebird took it off the line but as soon as we hit about 35mph the monte carlo caught us and took off. I was really impressed with how incredibly quick that motor was in that car, couldn't imagine how fast it would be in a Fiero.

Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post02-07-2005 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Hairy_Fiero (edited 05-16-2005).]

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
wow hairy, your cool

It seems like everything you say goes something like this:

Now, let people who understand and appreciate these motors post in this thread. You and your buddy low_key are neither.

Golden86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Golden86Send a Private Message to Golden86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:

Yeah, things went on in the background. It wasn't Fieromaster that caused trouble it was low_key.

It Definitly wasn't Fieromaster88's fault at all, from what I know about the whole situation, Low_Key is the one to blam, and only him. He knew posting in this thread would stir up an argument. I usually stay out of controversy like this, but I for one can not see someone like Dave getting blamed for this. I hope I meet you at a show somewhere, some time, because I WILL give you a peice of my mind, because Dave NEVER desirved what you did to him. He is a real friend.

[This message has been edited by Golden86 (edited 02-07-2005).]

Golden86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Golden86Send a Private Message to Golden86Direct Link to This Post

Golden86

1191 posts
Member since Jan 2004
double post

[This message has been edited by Golden86 (edited 02-07-2005).]

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
its dead let it go

summary: I couldn't move because no job no money, people got mad. Try living a life with diabetes and having no insurance when you have to pay 140 for 2 bottles of insulin, 25 for needles, 50 for test strips. I don't want to hear the fact oh my relatives have it. I know what I can and can't do I couldn't move, yeah dave did some awesome things. I even posted about it when it happened.

and Jeff (fieromadman) me a punk riiight, who's the one claiming my dad does all my 3800 work, member the AIM convo's you had with others you said I needed my facts straight. I think you need your's straight too there punk

Again it's dead let it go, the thread turn to **** cause of this, others must've not read what people said above ^^^ so don't go pointing the fingers at me. I'll give you piece of my mind too, or you guys can continue typing in this thread cause I made my last comments. So get your keyboards and mice ready internet fiero thugs 4 life!

sorry to everyone else I'm done here, I won't post anymore helpful links when people ask for specifications on a motor. I'll be hounded by pm's and emails if I do asking to stay out of threads.

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
You're so full of crap it isn't funny. Had nothing to do with moving or your diabetes that you play so well as a feel bad for me card. I wonder if you haven't figured that out yet or if you're just lying as usual. Knowing you, it's lying as usual. So yeah, you made yourself out to look like a victim as usual. I'm sure people will fall for it but some won't.
I was your friend and I tried real hard to keep us that way but you lied and jerked me around and I should have caved your head in for it but, like I said, I was your friend and I always stood by you and helped you out. Even after all your crap I tried to still work things out but no so fine here we are. Still not what I wanted. The stupid thing is that al day i've been thinking about how I wish we could work things out but that's my biggest failing I guess. I actually give a crap. I should just look after myself like everybody else.
I didn't want this to go on here either. I appologize to those that said things about airing dirty laundry on here. I didn't want to and that's why i've been quiet but i;m not gonna let the little jerk get away with that last post without defending myself especally in my own damn thread.
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm not even going to respond to that, this thread has been trashed enough.
Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post
Hey, just trying to bring this thread back from the fiery death it has found itself surrounded by....What vehicles can the 3.4 DOHC be found in and what years would be the best bet.

thanks eh

-Phil

------------------

"Wanna join a...punk band....shave your head and get a tattoo. Don't need intelligence just attitude!"

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
well, some of the more common ones are the 91-93 Lumina Z34's and the 94-95 monte carlos. Those are your best bets. Some cutlass supremes had them, some grand prix GTP's had them too. I might be missing a car or two but those are your best bets.
PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieromadman:

well, some of the more common ones are the 91-93 Lumina Z34's and the 94-95 monte carlos. Those are your best bets. Some cutlass supremes had them, some grand prix GTP's had them too. I might be missing a car or two but those are your best bets.

mine came out of a 95 grand prix gtp

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
One of mine was from a 94 GTP and the other a 91 Lumina

Useful hint: Get a motor from a Standard car. They have higher compression and an oil cooler that goes between the block and the oil filter.

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic

DreXteR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DreXteRClick Here to visit DreXteR's HomePageSend a Private Message to DreXteRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sspeedstreet:

Hey Drex, did you fabricate a new throttle body neck for yours? It's different than what I've seen before.

I fabed the TB intake tube and the TB its from a LS1.

Sorry for the late reply but lately I cant keep up reading on the internet lately.

Dre

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i think you guys are missing the really important thing about this thread, it's been eight pages without a " just a bump, looks great, can't wait for mine to be done" from smoothgt. that has to be some kind of record.
Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post
Thank you FieroMadMan, Cryone, and Kohburn....(+) to all of you for quick, to the point replys

Now another question, what are the main pros and cons on the 3.4L twin DOHC?
thanks eh

-Phil

------------------

"Wanna join a...punk band....shave your head and get a tattoo. Don't need intelligence just attitude!"

[This message has been edited by Phil86SE (edited 02-08-2005).]

Silicoan86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
I saw a 2000..something Pontiac Montana on an auction website yesterday and it said it was a 3.4 DOHC. Is that right? Also my friend says that grand ams that say H.O. on the side have these motors, is any of this right? I haven't heard any of you guys say anything about grand ams or minivans, so I'm kinda curious if they actually have them.
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil86SE:

Thank you FieroMadMan, Cryone, and Kohburn....(+) to all of you for quick, to the point replys

Now another question, what are the main pros and cons on the 3.4L twin DOHC?
thanks eh

-Phil

The pros of this sweet engine are; surprising ammount of power. I really thought this motor, after reading about it many times, would not have any torque but that is not the case. I was able to pass people in 5th gear on the highway without any trouble. People often label this motor as having no torque and it really has a surprising ammount of it actually. It also keeps pulling through it's very large powerband. Especially with Darth Fieros chip.
The TDC also gives excellent mileage which is also surprising considering the power it has and the fact that it's really hard to keep out of the throttle. It's butter smooth too. When I drove Jeff's car he commented on how smooth it was at the speed i was going. I looked down at the speedo and we were doing 90. I had no idea we were going that fast until I looked. I thought my 88 2.8 was smooth being internally balanced and all but it's a rattle trap compared to the TDC 3.4. Especially at highway speeds.
Bad things are; the timing belt has to be changed at regular intervals. It needs to be changed every 60k miles. I read a site that suggested changing it more often than that but i've since talked to the second owner of a stock TDC in a Monte that I bumped into who has 160k + on his car who had never changed the belt until recently. That makes me much more confident in not messing with it until 60k. These engines need that timing belt looked after or they can pretty much destroy themselves if it breaks. GM recomends changing it at 60k intervals.
The oiling system is long and most people agree on using synthetic, keeping an eye on the level, and regular oil changes because of this. People say the engine is very heavy too but, after experiencing it in a Fiero, it sure doesn't seem to hold back any performance if it actually is heavy. It is, like the N*, pretty cramed in back there too.
So, as you see, not to many bad things.
All in all it's really a nice swap for the Fiero. It matches the Fieros low gears and light weight and, to me, it feels like what the Fiero should have come with in the first place. Now certainly there are faster engines out there for the Fiero to swap in but this is a fairly cheap swap with a lot of benefits to it. It really makes the car come alive and just feels right in there. It makes the car a lot more fun to drive and even rewards you with smoother running and better mileage. It's got very surprising power too but I think I mentioned that already.
I highly recomend one of Darths chips if you're going to do this swap too. Jeffs car was already impressive but it does feel a bit stronger now with the chip. Like a good friend of mine said about Jeffs car; "It just keeps pulling the whole time!"

------------------

soloyosh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soloyoshSend a Private Message to soloyoshDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

I saw a 2000..something Pontiac Montana on an auction website yesterday and it said it was a 3.4 DOHC. Is that right? Also my friend says that grand ams that say H.O. on the side have these motors, is any of this right? I haven't heard any of you guys say anything about grand ams or minivans, so I'm kinda curious if they actually have them.

They stopped putting these in cars in 97. GM has a new DOHC 60degree V6 that comes in the Buick Rendevous and Cadillac CTS, STS and SRX. The Caddies are all rear drive. The Buick is FWD. The new one is 3.6L also.

Brett

------------------
Brett
1988 Fiero
1988 Fiero Formula

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Pros-
The sound. It screams. It turns heads anywhere above 3500rpm.
The wide power band. Its hard to describe the feeling of a motor that just doesn't stop pulling.
Fuel economy. I get better mileage than the 2.8 from a larger more powerful engine.
High 13 low 14 second motor -stock

Cons-
Feeling the need to drive it like you stole it to get maximum performance
Higher maintinance costs, but pretty insignificant really.
Its a loud motor, hard to get around that with a 2.5" exhaust system.

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2005 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
I disagree with his con of it being loud. Mine, although in a Lumina with a full exhaust, is really quiet*. I have a full 2.5" exhaust, with all Magnaflow components (Cat, dual mufflers, and resonator). Combined, it is really quiet.

*Exception, when you get on the gas, and the rpms go skyward of 3500. Although the exhaust is still quiet, the engine is gets REALLY loud, just as Cryzone stated, it screams. The intake roar is awesome, and I've never heard anything like it. Even the sportbikes I ride on a regular basis do not have an intake sound liek that of the 3.4L DOHC. But daily driving, you will never hear the 3.4 get loud, and that is yet another reason why I love it.

------------------
1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed For Sale, modified(high 13s), or stock
14.78 @ 92.68

1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed
Stock, new crate engine and trannsmission

3.4L TDC V6, getting built to about 430hp at 8000rpm for a 88GT

PFF
System Bot
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlDirect Link to This Post
i've had quite a few people look at my car and never had anyone describe it as quiet. 2 1/4'' pipe with spintec muffler and resonator tips.
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroDirect Link to This Post
I just love the 'feel' of the engine. It seems such a perfect fit for the car with its smooth and high rev character. It makes the car seem so European, quite different from my other Fieros.

I have the 2.5 inch exhaust with a Magniflow muffler and it is a great sound but it is on the loud side. I am a little self-conscious going by the neighbors but that soon fades when I'm in traffic.

Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave Gunsul:
TDC 3.4.

this TDC 3.4 does this mean Twin Dual Cams?

liek the motor i mentioned before? (twin dohc)

The reason i have so many questions is becasue i could have picked up a Twin DOHC with the tranny for around $500 it would have needed a rebuild and what not, but i would never put a motor in my car without a fresh one anyways....

At the time though i did not know much about this swap...and short on cash....but now things are looking up...and so is this motor

thanks eh

-Phil

------------------

[This message has been edited by Phil86SE (edited 02-08-2005).]

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil86SE:

this TDC 3.4 does this mean Twin Dual Cams?

liek the motor i mentioned before? (twin dohc)

The reason i have so many questions is becasue i could have picked up a Twin DOHC with the tranny for around $500 it would have needed a rebuild and what not, but i would never put a motor in my car without a fresh one anyways....

At the time though i did not know much about this swap...and short on cash....but now things are looking up...and so is this motor

thanks eh

-Phil

Yes, TDC means Twin Dual Cam engine. It's a fancy way of saying DOHC. Sorry for the confusion.
This engine really comes alive with the Fieros manual trannies. Why Gm mated it to autos is beyond me. It's so much better and happier with the low geared Fiero manual. I think the Getrag is the best choice for it with the 4-speed V6 Muncie a close second.

[This message has been edited by Dave Gunsul (edited 02-08-2005).]

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2005 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
My daily driver has one of them.... Neat engines but I hate having to rev the piss out of it to get the thing moving.... Im sure in a fiero that might not be a problem..... Never drove a fiero powered by the 3.4 DOHC... I have drove the 3.4 pushrod powered fiero and was not really impressed, I heard these are faster.

If I make it to daytona... One of you guys have to give me a ride in your 3.4 DOHC fiero....This will help me decide if I want to put one in a family members fiero......... Because im tired of doing 4.9s for ppl to the point I can do them with my eyes close.

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 02-08-2005).]

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post02-09-2005 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
The 3.4L TDC in a Fiero will impress you I will guarantee it. It will walk a 4.9 without a problem if it is a well taken care of motor. THey will run high 13s-flat 14s with a stock motor.

My buddy has a 3.4 Firebird with a 5-speed, and I raced him in my white car back when I was stock, and there wasn't even a comparison. By the time I hit 2nd, it looked like he had slammed the brakes. There is a huge difference in the 2 motors for sure.

------------------
1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed For Sale, modified(high 13s), or stock
14.78 @ 92.68

1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed
Stock, new crate engine and trannsmission

3.4L TDC V6, getting built to about 430hp at 8000rpm for a 88GT

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
bump

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 02-09-2005).]

Erik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2005 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Erik

5625 posts
Member since Jul 2002
have I mentioned to today how much I love the DOHC?

Ah the power of the DOHC

------------------

fieromadman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2005 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
have I mentioned lately that I need to mod my engine now? I'm thinking 3 angle valve job, 13* retard, shaved heads, ported/gasket matched intakes (possibly just converting to the 96-97 intakes if i can find some for sale), another re-burned chip, 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust, and actual CAI, and possibly custom headers. Looking for 280 horsepower. I also need to revise my dogbone. Maybe the aluminum bushings got messed up, but there is too much play for my liking. Then with race gas and some decent tires we'll make a serious attempt at some 1/4 mile times. Shooting for a 13.5 at 110 MPH

What do ya guys think?

Thanks!
Jeff Depies

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay