Started on: 03-28-2004 10:45 PM
Replies: 124
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 04-06-2004 02:04 PM
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Just a few sneak peaks:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
I doubt all that neon is legal to drive with. But it matches the theme of that car nicely.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
As mentioned it fits the theme of the car...

Funny you mention this though. I was just at the parts store pickin up new plugs for my turbo car and I was havin a discussion with my buddy. It seems they sell EVERYTHING light up now. Seat covers, floor mats, shift knobs, steering wheels, headrest 'shocks', head unit bezels, etc, u name it lights up. We were wondering since everyone is selling this stuff, someone must be buying it, although we dont see it on any car around here. Guess its good for the company that there is a market somewhere atleast...

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Funny you mention this though. I was just at the parts store pickin up new plugs for my turbo car and I was havin a discussion with my buddy. It seems they sell EVERYTHING light up now. Seat covers, floor mats, shift knobs, steering wheels, headrest 'shocks', head unit bezels, etc, u name it lights up. We were wondering since everyone is selling this stuff, someone must be buying it, although we dont see it on any car around here. Guess its good for the company that there is a market somewhere atleast...

Well, were not into all of that light up seats, headrests, steering wheels and such. Just a little neon here and there. One of the next projects is to install the under the car neons

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Since most of these light up parts plug into the cig lighter I jsut have visions of someone with a bunch of these things swapping them in and out:-

That one, no....that one,no....maybe this one, no....that one,...arggghhhhhhh.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

------------------
Dave E

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 03-29-2004).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Since most of these light up parts plug into the cig lighter I jsut have visions of someone with a bunch of these things swapping them in and out:-

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Naah, thats what multiple quad cig adapters are for

stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:
Well, were not into all of that light up seats, headrests, steering wheels and such.

Yet...
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Funny thing is, a lot of these things actually run on batteries! Not the neon type stuff, but the headrest "shocks", blind-spot mirrors, and other small ones...the others connect to yer cig lighter... :P
I was at a store last week, looking at some of these things...some looked ok, some were just plain goofy. Especially some of the writing that's on them..."Extreme racing excitement", etc...

Dave Rodabaugh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave RodabaughSend a Private Message to Dave RodabaughDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Yeah, I've been getting pretty hacked off at my local auto parts stores. They have floor space for this crap, for models, for magazines, and for other stupid crap nobody really needs. But when you walk to the tool section, the shelves are sparingly stocked, or they haven't any brake cleaner left. This is inexcusable. Are you an auto parts store, or not? When I need a part or shop fluid, I could care less about a shift knob that lights up or a rice rocket magazine. Just gimme the part! Maybe that's why NAPA still does well even though they tend to be more expensive. They focus on their core business, and not on the frilly garbage.

Dave

------------------
GO BUCKS!!!

datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
IMHO, YMMV, et al...

It's ugly. Truly ugly.. Beyond ugly, this is fugly.

If this REALLY IS your son's car.. and you and he are working on it together.. and this isn't just your "dream" car that you're pawning off on Jordan so as to not keep getting crap from PFF'ers, then why aren't you teaching him about "style" and excess and things like that.

I mean.. stick on hood scoops? Flame stickers?

c'mon Steve... Just say *NO* to ricer

------------------

hokt on foniks werkd fer me!

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

IMHO, YMMV, et al...

If this REALLY IS your son's car.. and you and he are working on it together.. and this isn't just your "dream" car that you're pawning off on Jordan so as to not keep getting crap from PFF'ers, then why aren't you teaching him about "style" and excess and things like that.

I guessed you missed the part about it being created to look similar to the Fast and Furious cars from the movies? If you don't like that style then that isfine as you are welcome to your personal opinion and personal tastes just as we all are, including Jordan. He knows what he wants and knows what he likes which is the Fast & Furious look. His mother, grandfather and I are trying to incorporate that look and feel on an ongoing basis into his Fiero as best as we can and on as low a budget as possible
As for my dream Fiero, it's an Indy and it is sitting in the driveway right next to his

Steve

PFF
System Bot
RBeaubien

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RBeaubienClick Here to visit RBeaubien's HomePageSend a Private Message to RBeaubienDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by datacop:

IMHO, YMMV, et al...

Dude, you just need to chill. To each his own. If that is what he likes, more power to him.

------------------

www.fieroexcitement.com
Rate me if I've been helpful! :)

88fieroformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fieroformulaClick Here to visit 88fieroformula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88fieroformulaDirect Link to This Post
I gave my opinion on this car back when it began......................

------------------
'88 Fiero Formula

I miss my '88 Formula.

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
I am really glad Jordan likes it !!! After all it is HIS car !
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Why such strong emotions? Over a car?

Hey, many of us may not like a certain style but remember,this is a KID'S car. If it was me, I'd let my kid do whatever the heck he wanted to, I'm not a huge fan of ricey-type stuff, but a person should be allowed to dress up their car the way they want. Mayeb I'd be upset if he/she wanted to make a "Mets-Mobile" (God forbid) but other then that, Go nuts! :P
I don't think they've done ENOUGH to it - come' on, we wanna see you do neonwire around every body panel! We wanna see a F&F Tron car!!!!

I don't think he's ever said that that green Fiero is the best one in the world, or anything like that.

It IS extreme, though... :P

-FieroRumor

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 03-29-2004).]

Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

If it was me, I'd let my kid do whatever the heck he wanted to

Yeah, me too...with his own money.

[This message has been edited by Unsafe At Any Speed (edited 03-29-2004).]

85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksDirect Link to This Post
i was hoping to see the new rims
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85fierowiks:

i was hoping to see the new rims

Here ya go:

More pics can be seen on that thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/039674.html

85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksDirect Link to This Post
cool
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FieroRumor:

If it was me, I'd let my kid do whatever the heck he wanted to
[QUOTE]

Yeah, me too...with his own money.

LOL!

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
I would not do it... but I RESPECT it and it's unique style...
PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

I guessed you missed the part about it being created to look similar to the Fast and Furious cars from the movies? If you don't like that style then that isfine as you are welcome to your personal opinion and personal tastes just as we all are, including Jordan. He knows what he wants and knows what he likes which is the Fast & Furious look. His mother, grandfather and I are trying to incorporate that look and feel on an ongoing basis into his Fiero as best as we can and on as low a budget as possible
As for my dream Fiero, it's an Indy and it is sitting in the driveway right next to his

Steve

Hey, Steve, even though it's Jordan's car, you still seem to put it it out there as if you are Jordon. He's the kid in the pics, but you spend a lot of money on this car and he's only 10, I believe. Plus, you put up soooooo many pics of this thing that at some point people are going to start telling you that enough is enough. Heck....I didn't think that your Fiero could get any ricier.......but I was wrong. It's great that you and Jordan have something to work on together and teach him, but there are a lot of people on here that absolutely have no respect for the ricer mentality because of what it represents and you keep posting different threads about this riced up Fiero. The more you post, the more some folks want to let you know that they've had it with Jordan's Fiero.

Mark
xsrage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xsrageSend a Private Message to xsrageDirect Link to This Post
firefox are you aware that the entire world is filled with things you do not agree with or admire and that you have the power not to click on the links to these things. Just a thought. Everyone has different interests and ideas of what looks good. I dont think I would go in that direction but I dont think it my place to judge and if I dont like it I know I can not click on the post and certainly not go to the trouble of posting in it. so, a lot of people have followed this car for a while and are interested in its progression. The car should be fun and if you have to worry what the fiero people will say when you are deciding what to do, that doesnt sound too fun...
Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by xsrage:

are you aware that the entire world is filled with things you do not agree with or admire and that you have the power not to click on the links to these things. Just a thought.

Ya think? Can't express my opinion or what I think might be happening?

Lex

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 217
User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post
Well, I think it is horrible looking. That being said, if Steve and Jordan like it and are having fun, good for them. To each his own.
I do have a question though; If you wanted to be like F&F why not just get an Eclipse?

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 03-29-2004).]

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Well, if you ask your bound to get opinions you didnt wanna hear!

I think you guys are having fun and building a very unique car. Not my cup of tea. but very nice!

PS I called NASA, they want their UFO returned asap! J/K

xsrage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for xsrageSend a Private Message to xsrageDirect Link to This Post
opinions are fine everybody has one. My deal is I never understood why people express opinions just because they can. Dont go to a ricer forum youll be expressing your butt off! lol No really you can say what you want and I will respect it. Just respect that it bugs me...I will never learn not to express my opinion about posts, it is a disease! funny how I post my opinion about someones opinion huh. yes it is a disease...someone help me! LOL
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
LOL
I love how a few sneak peak pics of a few neon lights in his Fiero can stir some people up so much

Firefox, I put it out there as Jordan doesn't know how to post.... yet. If and when I do something with say my Indy or another one of "my" Fieros, I will be on here just like we have with Jordans and just like everyone else on here does at one point or another showing off the latest
And yes you are right, we do spend a lot of money on his car. He's 10. How much allowance a week do you really think he gets? Yes, at times we post quite a few pics of what we are doing on this particular Fiero. Mainly because we seem to be doing a lot on it quite often.
This has actually been a lot of fun for all of us involved (which was the idea) so we are kinda proud of the different things we have tried in working with our son to get the look he wants. Jordan is not unlike the rest of you as he certainly likes to show off the latest changes just like the many other threads we have on here from lots of others who like to show off the latest on their ride. Some ideas we have tried worked quite well and some others didn't work so well, like the purple trim and wide mouth nose for a few examples

Lex, we are a Fiero family, not an Eclipse family. I would have loved to had a chance to mod up an Eclipse but alas all we had was this green painted Fiero that Jordan took a liking of which that story was allready explained in detail in another thread.

I agree FieroHarry and I don't have a problem with constructive critism, especially when asked for

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Just respect that it bugs me...

Absolutely.

Mark

Lex

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2004 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post

opinions are fine everybody has one. My deal is I never understood why people express opinions just because they can. Dont go to a ricer forum youll be expressing your butt off! lol No really you can say what you want and I will respect it. Just respect that it bugs me...I will never learn not to express my opinion about posts, it is a disease! funny how I post my opinion about someones opinion huh. yes it is a disease...someone help me! LOL

Hey, it's a PUBLIC forum. And now it is my turn to rant: Fiero owners tend to get highly insecure on this forum when talk of other sports cars is brought up. Many owners try and convince themselves that the Fiero ranks up there with the best of them, that the duke is a performance engine etc. Personally I believe the Fiero can be up there with "the best of them", Cali-Kid, MadCurl, Ski-Time, Kameo Kid, Chester, Archie have proved this. The flip side of that coin is the people who turn their Fieros into 4x4's, three wheelers, trailers, and yes tacky ricers. It takes away any credibility our Fieros have as “real sports cars”. After all, who turns a Corvette in a three wheeler? Or a 911 into a trailer? (Spare me the far and few examples, as it is practiced on Fieros more often than on "real sports cars").
What's the old saying? Something like, "The suit makes the man"? What would you rather have, a tacky "used car sales man suit", or a Brooks Brothers?

Edit: I am sick tonight. Excuse my spelling and grammar.

[This message has been edited by Lex (edited 03-29-2004).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Lex, wow, you are obviously a person running on 2 hours sleep with waay to much caffien in the system
You need to step back and get a clue because in the end it's just a car my friend, no matter what engine is in it, what paint scheme is on it or what person currently owns it
Of course that doesn't stop us while we are on this Earth to take what we own and if we so chose, customize our cars to our own personal tastes If anyone doesn't like this particular taste then simply don't click on the thread. Just go look at another thread. It's not like you didn't see the name Jordan in the thread heading and seriously think you were going to be seeing a low mileage all original '88 Formula instead or something

If it takes a certain suit (or style of car) to make you a man Lex, then I don't know what else I can say.
PFF
System Bot
Lex

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-29-2004 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LexClick Here to visit Lex's HomePageSend a Private Message to LexDirect Link to This Post

Lex, wow, you are obviously a person running on 2 hours sleep with waay to much caffien in the system
You need to step back and get a clue because in the end it's just a car my friend, no matter what engine is in it, what paint scheme is on it or what person currently owns it
Of course that doesn't stop us while we are on this Earth to take what we own and if we so chose, customize our cars to our own personal tastes If anyone doesn't like this particular taste then simply don't click on the thread. Just go look at another thread. It's not like you didn't see the name Jordan in the thread heading and seriously think you were going to be seeing a low mileage all original '88 Formula instead or something

If it takes a certain suit (or style of car) to make you a man Lex, then I don't know what else I can say.

I just appreciate aesthetics that’s all. You are right though, it is just a car and it’s all about personal taste. Like I said earlier, if you and Jordan are having fun, more power to you.
Oh as far as the “suit making the man”, it’s an old saying, not to be taken literal. People will judge things based on how they look. It’s part of human nature

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
well i'm pretty loose about putting neons on cars, a lot of ppl around me will call rice at the first sign. but i think they look pretty cool. the only thing i do have a problem with is i HATE it when you can see the light itself. i think they look best when you just see the glow, to me as long the install is clean i can go along with pretty much anything

------------------

My 85 Fiero GT

red85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for red85gtClick Here to visit red85gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to red85gtDirect Link to This Post
For what its worth youre car is perfectly fine with me Dare to be different!

------------------
85 GT 4 speed 2.8L auto X'er

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
nice looking fiero but it will look alot nicer if you get the hood painted green, Replace the spoiler with a GT spoiler and lose the stickers. But that's just a opinion im not here to tell anyone how to design there fiero in my book everyone has a certain likeing and taste.

I like the fender vents and hood vents, I want to do that with mine it will match my gunmetal rims and paint color good... Where did you get those fender and hood vents BTW?

Maetrix66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Maetrix66Click Here to visit Maetrix66's HomePageSend a Private Message to Maetrix66Direct Link to This Post
I appreciate the vision that you are going for, and I'm sure I'm going to get flamed when I post pics of mine
completed and painted. I have a big, black aluminum wing sitting in my bay next to the turbo, the color-shifting paint and the full on computer that is going to display aldl data graphs like in the green eclipse in the first F&F. Not because I want to be like everyone else trying to rice out thier cars, but because I like it. And I don't think that the person who goes all out, even if it's in a different direction, should be flamed any more than the person who bolts on a holley scoop, changes a set of rims and then goes around calling his fiero "custom" I mean, come on, I have more respect for someone who puts all kinds of time and effort into a car to make it the way they want, even if it's something I don't agree with.

Hey Jordan, your fiero is cool, people sometimes get mad that their parents didn't give them the attention that yours do.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fieroEarl:

nice looking fiero but it will look alot nicer if you get the hood painte5{he spoiler with a GT spoiler and lose the stickers. But that's just a opinion im not here to tell anyone how to design there fiero in my book everyone has a certain likeing and taste.

I like the fender vents and hood vents, I want to do that with mine it will match my gunmetal rims and paint color good... Where did you get those fender and hood vents BTW?

This is the original build up thread that should answer your questions about vents and such.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20040223-1-023057.html

It will also show you that we went from an all green hood to a black one for a reason. This green Fiero also originally came with a smaller than stock spoiler that we replaced with the Terminator 2 JSP one.
I have to say that I get totally different reactions from people when I am driving Jordans over when I am driving my Indy or one of my others

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
After going through that whole thread I have to give you the thumbs up, This car does not look the same that it used to and I can easily tell you guys did alot for this car.

I take back my thoughts about the spoiler and black hood the old one you used to have did not look right to begin with but the new spoiler looks 100xs better.

Soooo ask jordan to come do my car next I wish my father was cool like that.

[This message has been edited by 86fieroEarl (edited 03-30-2004).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Ok, how about a few more sneak peak pics of the new sub all lit up

Steve & Jordan

FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
I would have to say that your son is one lucky kid!

Your a good Dad.

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 03-30-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock