Started on: 02-11-2004 05:53 PM
Replies: 46
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 02-26-2004 10:03 AM
L44_87GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post02-11-2004 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
I got mine today for a 4 door civic.Cutting them is no problem I have a extra set of GT effects as well as a set of coupe effects I can put them on.Which would be better?

thanks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2004 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I mounted mine to a set of GT rockers that had to be dramatically trimmed for the parts to "fit" correctly... if I had a good set of coupe rockers... I'd have probably gone that way. I'd post some pics of what I did, but my HD crashed shortly after I had them done - I may still have a couple of "progress pics", but I won't be able to post until tommorrow.

Feel free to ask whatever you'd like - be glad to help!

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

banditbalz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2004 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for banditbalzClick Here to visit banditbalz's HomePageSend a Private Message to banditbalzDirect Link to This Post
Put the Civic ground effects on. Nothing beats import parts.... Damn, is that a type R Fiero you got there?

Ryan, I got a Greddy and a Veilside sticker here that would look awesome on your GT.... haaaahaaaaa!

------------------
I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I am free. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat.

L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2004 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by banditbalz:

Put the Civic ground effects on. Nothing beats import parts.... Damn, is that a type R Fiero you got there?

Ryan, I got a Greddy and a Veilside sticker here that would look awesome on your GT.... haaaahaaaaa!

hEH funny Mr pearl mitsu harbour

Thanks minngreen I think i will use the cpe effects I have

stevegibbs

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2004 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevegibbsSend a Private Message to stevegibbsDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Ricer ground effects parts on a fiero. I can't wait to see that.

Isnt' it kind of funny how when import guys do these mods they are rice but when fiero guys do them its not rice but "different" and "cool" cause its "unique"??

------------------

newbie extreme

Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroDirect Link to This Post
how are BMW M3 rocker panels "ricey" ?
stevegibbs

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2004 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevegibbsSend a Private Message to stevegibbsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero~Spataro:

how are BMW M3 rocker panels "ricey" ?

I knew someone was going to ask that.

The parts themselves aren't rice. M3 parts on an M3 car arent' rice.

M3 Parts on a fiero is RICE!!

Its cause it doesnt' belong there.

I bet you think Supra taillights on a CRX are rice yes? Well same thing here.

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
^^

hes got a point

Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroDirect Link to This Post
does a corvette engine belong in a fiero?
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
just so u all can talk about rice some more, thank you very much
88fieroformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fieroformulaClick Here to visit 88fieroformula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88fieroformulaDirect Link to This Post
If it looks good then its not rice. But then again that becomes an opinionated statement. One might think it looks great and the other might think it looks stupid. If the parts just dont even blend with car they are put on then it looks ricey. The parts need to blend and that is hard to make happen if the parts arent made for the particular car you are putting them on.

Yes: A corvette motor definately belongs in a Fiero.

------------------
'88 Fiero Formula

I miss my '88 Formula.

PFF
System Bot
ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
There is some confusion going on here. The M3 side skirts are not BMW M3 skirts. The are skirts sold to go on a Honda Civic. The part is made to fit a Civic and thats why MinnGreenGT was talking about the cutting to make them fit, they are a little too long for our cars.

If I'm wrong please tell me but this is what I've been told.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Oh, oh! I guess my Burgandy Fiero will be a "import." It will have Celica headlamps. P.S. never liked the word "rice." Mount those puppies on......its your money, not ours.hehehe.
stevegibbs

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2004 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stevegibbsSend a Private Message to stevegibbsDirect Link to This Post

Since when has an engine swap from any car, into a completely different car, ever been considered rice? Please cite one example. I can't wait to hear what you come up with.

Originally posted by 88 Fiero Formula:
If the parts just dont even blend with car they are put on then it looks ricey. The parts need to blend and that is hard to make happen if the parts arent made for the particular car you are putting them on.

Right like I am sure Ground EfX designed for honda civic are going to blend well with a Fiero no less. Come on!! What are some of you smoking!! And oh yea I am sure Supra taillights blend so well with a notchback fiero!!! If you saw Supra taillights on a civic, you would call it rice. If you saw Supra taillights on a Geo Storm, you would call it rice. If you saw Supra taillights on a Corvette, I am sure you would call it rice! So how come Supra taillights on a Fiero isnt' rice????????? I have seen the tailend pics of Russ' car and the Supra lights don't blend AT ALL!!!

If you saw a Supra wing on a honda I am sure you would call it rice. If you saw a supra spoiler on a geo prism I am sure you would call it rice. If you saw a supra wing on a Corvette would that not be rice? But of course there are a few members on this board with a supra wing and of course thats not rice. Why? Oh let me guess. Because its a on a fiero?? Is that the possible reason? I kind of think so. So when it comes to Fiero owners its "To each his own" and "Hey its his money". But when its on any other car its RICE. And you say so yourself!

Double decker wing on any otehr car is rice. There are some Fiero owners on this board with double decker wings but that isnt' rice. Its "different" and "hey thats cool cause its unique". But on any other car like a civic ITS RICE!! Right????

Hondas with aftermarket front bumpers with huge openings in the front also called the mouth of the bumper is probably considered Rice by many of you here. Why? Cause they are big and gaudy and dont' fit right and hey there is no intercooler in there for the need to have a wide mouth front bumper. But if a Fiero owner puts a 355 nose on there fiero(which doesn't follow the lines of the car at all) its totally cool!!!!!!! Most likely reasoning is cause its on a Fiero and "to each his own" and "I like it cause its different and unique" Give me a break. If any of you doubt my quotes go back and read some older posts and look in the archives. You will catch some well respected members here saying those things.

Big tips on a Import are Rice. But there are some Fiero owners on this board with big tips and are running around with the Duke no less. Noone says a thing, and if they do, they are slammed and given negative ratings.

Neon lights i am sure many of you would say are ricey. Like if you saw an import running around with a huge tip and neons under the car that would be rice right? Well wouldnt' it? But there are some Fiero owners on this forum that have neons under their cars. But hey its not rice. Its "cool" and "unique" and man that "looks sweet". Whats the difference from a Import owner having neons and it being rice to a Fiero owner having neons and it not being rice???

Such a double standard! Some hypocrites on this board.

I am probably going to recieve a bunch of negative ratings for posting this. Which would be a darn shame really. I am not posting any opinion of mine if you really go back and read it. I am just posting what I have observed on this forum and stating facts from this. if posting facts and ones observances earns me negative ratings, well then so be it. But I would say thats a bit unfair.

Steve

Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
No matter what anyone says on this forum about "rice". It's his car, not ours. He can do whatever he wants to it. I think the M3-style skirts look good on the Fiero. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't fit the front fascia and rear fascia's lines. If there was a matching modification to make the lines flow they'd look perfect.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stevegibbs:

Right like I am sure Ground EfX designed for honda civic are going to blend well with a Fiero no less. Come on!! What are some of you smoking!! Blah-Rice-Blah-Rice-Blah...

...obviously you've never seen a Fiero with M3 skirts.

Originally posted by Street&Strip Performance:

No matter what anyone says on this forum about "rice". It's his car, not ours. He can do whatever he wants to it. I think the M3-style skirts look good on the Fiero. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't fit the front fascia and rear fascia's lines. If there was a matching modification to make the lines flow they'd look perfect.

Thank God there's someone around here with a little more common sense than the average "If it's made for a Honda then it can only be rice on a Fiero" assumption. You nailed it right on when you stated It's his car, not ours.

As for the lines not quite "lining up" ( ) - did you happen to catch this topic about my GreenGT and the trim angles? It might help that idea a bit https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20031229-1-033860.html of course my image links are dead... so here's the one with the edges defined for reference.

The thing that really gets me about this - is that people are bashing the M3 design, yet it's extremely simliar to the cavalier rocker panels that others have used... and BTW I've NEVER had anyone tell me that they didn't like the rockers on my car - not one! Heck - there are a number of people who don't even realize they're different until it's pointed out, when they ask "those aren't stock?"

Originally posted by ThaFieroMunk:

There is some confusion going on here. The M3 side skirts are not BMW M3 skirts. The are skirts sold to go on a Honda Civic. The part is made to fit a Civic and thats why MinnGreenGT was talking about the cutting to make them fit, they are a little too long for our cars.

If I'm wrong please tell me but this is what I've been told.

Yes - that's correct... the skirts are an aftermarket BMW-M3 style skirt that is an aftermarket manufactured part for a Honda Civic. They have to be shortened nearly a foot, they then have to be fabricated to fit the Fiero. Not the worst project, but also not the easiest!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 02-13-2004).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

11545 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Here are a few more pics for referece:
This is how much it had to be shortened...

<feeling a bit frustrated> For those who are so concerned with "rice" - get over yourselves and try to do some custom fiberglass fabrication yourself! </frustrated>

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 02-13-2004).]

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post
Ya know, this forum never learns. No matter what the mod, where they came from, or what car they are going on, some JACK ASS has to wreck a thread with the word "rice."

BTW, those M3 rockers are a GREAT add on the the Fiero. Nice job Minn, RadRuss, L44 and others doing this mod.

------------------
'87GT Fully modded, 3" Drop on 17's, 3800 turbo on the way....
'92 LeBaron soft top, The Players car. :)

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
stevegibbs

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2004 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevegibbsSend a Private Message to stevegibbsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

...obviously you've never seen a Fiero with M3 skirts.

Umm Hello. Rad Russ posted pics of his car before I posted my long spiel. So please, I saw what they look like.

Originally posted by Street&Strip Performance:
It's his car, not ours. He can do whatever he wants to it.

If you read my post above I did state that people here do say that exact same thing. So I knew someone here was eventually going to post that. If thats what you use to justify all this stuff then whatever. So I did state this before someone else even posted it, so please stay away from the "me not having any common sense" comments. I was able to predict someone elses post before they even posted it!

Umm you forget to continue drawing the lines to the rear of the car there. Still doesnt' flow with the rear bumper there.

But please I dont' understand why a body mod for a civic on a fiero isnt' considered rice when if import owners do the same thing it is rice. Maybe thats what I have a hard time understanding. I am sure many of you drive around and see this same stuff on an import and call it rice but then turn and look at your car and say "hey it looks damn good on a fiero though"

Many of you here think that. So please dont' be driving down the road and see an import with a body kit and immediately call it rice or even think to yourself rice. All of you now have to think "Hey its his money he can do what he wants" and "Hey it looks good"

Originally posted by Slammed87GT
some JACK ASS has to wreck a thread with the word "rice."

Thanks for the kind words. I dont' think I called anyone names in this thread. I will remember that coming from you later on.

Oh yea I forgot to mention. Clear Taillights or euro taillights on a Civic is rice but clear or "euro" taillights on a Fiero are cool. Yea some of you here have done that mod. So why is That mod rice on an import but not on a fiero??

So all the mods I listed above about supra parts being on other cars isn't rice? Thats all I ask. Just answer those questions about the mods on the other cars. Would you consider those mods Rice on any other car? And if so, what makes the Fiero different then and not be rice when its done to a Fiero?

Steve

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Close minded people amaze me sometimes...
I'm guessing you're the type to write nasty letters to HRM (Hot Rod Magazine) for publishing articles about 200mph Civics.

Umm Hello. Rad Russ posted pics of his car before I posted my long spiel. So please, I saw what they look like.

Yes, but different angles look different - as do different body styles... and you seem to have just fixated on his taillights anyway!

Umm you forget to continue drawing the lines to the rear of the car there. Still doesnt' flow with the rear bumper there.

No need to... the existing trim line on the Fiero still matches through to the rear of the car. An Aero/GT rear fascia has an indent below the trim line and then it flares out again... almost exactly as the M3's design does (I'm a designer - I can see it, can you?).

But I'm not here to try and force you to like it... and I'd hope that you'd do the same by not trying to force your opinion on the masses.

But please I dont' understand why a body mod for a civic on a fiero isnt' considered rice when if import owners do the same thing it is rice. Maybe thats what I have a hard time understanding. I am sure many of you drive around and see this same stuff on an import and call it rice but then turn and look at your car and say "hey it looks damn good on a fiero though"

Many of you here think that. So please dont' be driving down the road and see an import with a body kit and immediately call it rice or even think to yourself rice. All of you now have to think "Hey its his money he can do what he wants" and "Hey it looks good"

You're putting words in our mouths... I never said that I'd call anything a ricer - and if/when I do - I obviously don't use your qualifiers. If you truly believe that adding simple components of a body kit to a car makes it "rice" - then you really should consider revising your definition. Rice (IMHO) is someone who misrepresents the performance of their car by adding stickers (especially those for which he does not own parts for or correctly represent), and other poorly done modifications. It often times has even more to do with the owner's attitude than anything else.

You need to learn to distinguish the difference between a "Ricer" and a "Tuner" - you can't seem to see that.

So all the mods I listed above about supra parts being on other cars isn't rice? Thats all I ask. Just answer those questions about the mods on the other cars. Would you consider those mods Rice on any other car? And if so, what makes the Fiero different then and not be rice when its done to a Fiero?

Although this has nothing to do with the modification that was/is being discussed - The use of Supra parts on other cars depends on how they're used... is it bolted on and doesn't sit right? Or did the person take the time to properly install the part and/or modify it to correctly suit the application?

How about adding "factory" things to your car? Is it "Rice" to add a DGP/IRM body kit the car? How about IRM Side Scoops? Or Front Air Dams? Or how about adding the Aero Package and a wing to a Fiero that didn't originally have it? Wing extensions? Custom Wheels?

I, for one, am sick of seeing the newbies coming in here trying their best to force their views on all of us about a certain subject - especially when the original poster was simply trying to seek some additional information. You should've just kept your negative comments to yourself... nobody asked what anyone thought of it - he wanted info

BTW: got any pics of your car?

PFF
System Bot
stevegibbs

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2004 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevegibbsSend a Private Message to stevegibbsDirect Link to This Post

Close minded people amaze me sometimes...
I'm guessing you're the type to write nasty letters to HRM (Hot Rod Magazine) for publishing articles about 200mph Civics.

Nope. I am all for that. But do you see clear taillights on those cars? Or do you see GfX kits on those cars if they aren't actually needed? I am sorry but those cars only have whats necessary on them to make them go 200 mph. Yes they need big wings for downforce when you are going 200 mph. Do you need a big wing or even lower gfx to go 75 mph down the freeway? Do you need clear corners or clear(altezza) taillights to drive 25 down your neighborhood street? They spend countless hours in the windtunnel making sure their car wont' get airborn at the speeds they want to go.

Although this has nothing to do with the modification that was/is being discussed - The use of Supra parts on other cars depends on how they're used... is it bolted on and doesn't sit right? Or did the person take the time to properly install the part and/or modify it to correctly suit the application?

Ahh I see so if you saw said car driving down the road and you weren't able to get close enough to see just how well it was put on, would you be inclined to call it rice or not??

I, for one, am sick of seeing the newbies coming in here trying their best to force their views on all of us about a certain subject - especially when the original poster was simply trying to seek some additional information. You should've just kept your negative comments to yourself... nobody asked what anyone thought of it - he wanted info

Umm ok so just cause I have less posts then you, and have been here less then you, I am not a valued member and what I say should be taken with a grain of salt? And you are bashing me for "trying" to force my views on others when you yourself are trying to force your views on me? But I guess you are allowed to do that to the noobs right cause you have been here for quite a bit of time??

And no none of my comments were negative. I was simply stating observations and asked questions based on those observations.

Yes, but different angles look different - as do different body styles... and you seem to have just fixated on his taillights anyway!

No not fixated on his taillights. But you honestly think that his Honda GfX flow well with his 355 nose? I mean do the lines on his car flow?

If you truly believe that adding simple components of a body kit to a car makes it "rice" - then you really should consider revising your definition. Rice (IMHO) is someone who misrepresents the performance of their car by adding stickers (especially those for which he does not own parts for or correctly represent), and other poorly done modifications. It often times has even more to do with the owner's attitude than anything else.

I dont' believe that at all. Its just that you are adding parts that go to a Honda on a Fiero. Thats not just "simple components of a body kit" You yourself said it was quiet a project. So how is that simple? And maybe you should change your definition of rice. I have never heard that reason before that its more of an attitude then anything else. So I guess a stock looking Corvette can be a rice car if the owner has a ricer attitude? And just what is a Ricer attitude anyways? You have no stickers but I think some of the people on this forum do have poorly done modifications. And also "poorly done modifications are going to vary from person to person. What defines poor?? You have done a good job with yours as you took the time to make sure that it blends well with the rest of the car and to have the lines match. But look at the others on here that don't. Please Rad Russ' cars' lines dont' flow at all. At least not compared to yours.

You need to learn to distinguish the difference between a "Ricer" and a "Tuner" - you can't seem to see that.

I actually do know the difference but how do you "tune" rear taillights to make them look like altezzas? Or adding gutter guard inside them. Thats "tuning"? I didnt' know you could "tune" a body. Am I way off here? I mean can you really "tune" a huge rear wing without extensive use of a windtunnel??

No sorry I dont' have any pics of my car but its bone stock with 10k original miles on it. 84 SE.

You are going to go have to excuse me now as I am going to go out and "tune" my rear taillights to make them look like Altezzas. good day.

Steve

88fieroformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fieroformulaClick Here to visit 88fieroformula's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88fieroformulaDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks great MinnGreenGT. I have never seen that kit on a Fiero and yours is done very well. Great job.

This forum I have realized isnt like other car forums I have visited and i think that Steve needs to realize that. This forum unlike a lot of other forums is full of positive attitudes and i rarely see any negativity on here like this. Lets try and keep it that way Steve.

------------------
'88 Fiero Formula

I miss my '88 Formula.

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, but can't keep my mouth shut on this one anymore...

Closed mind or not - why can't some people just accept the fact that some people do certain things to their car. Back when I was a younger lad, a lot of people thought it was 'cool' to raise the rear of a car up in the air...then there was the whole 'boogie van' craze, or how about the 'crush velvet interiors', or any of the other 'mods'?

The latest thing is the big wings on the back (not new thing, Dodge did this to one of thier street cars in the late 60's - a.k.a. SuperBird - and that wing was a factory installed option)...and lets not forget about the fart cans - hey 'todays' crowd is looking for a different sound than stock (as was always done - a.k.a. Cherry Bombs, etc). It's just different than what some of us reguard as 'cool'.

There have always been the odd moron as well - see this one: http://members.shaw.ca/efog/domesticmoron.avi

I for one appreciate the work that people are doing to thier cars, taking the time to personalize them to thier tastes - some things I do not like, but each to thier own. Just be nice for some people to grow up and let people be individuals.

To everyone doing these - please keep the info (and ideals) coming, whether I like it or not does not matter, but I usually learn something about the process or maybe I will get an ideal of my own

...back to the regular programming...

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 02-13-2004).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
The M3 skirt was one of my first mods It was mounted and smoothed into the GT skirts.

In fact the lines fit perfectly with the lines of the Fiero, either way you mount it (mine are mounted the other way around compared to Minngreen's)

About the "rice" thingie, actually M3 skirts are German. So it is "euro" style!
And I dont care about "rice" IF it is "nice"
cheers

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GTR in progress
1969 Chevy Suburban

SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the kind words. I dont' think I called anyone names in this thread. I will remember that coming from you later on.

Steve

Using the word rice is just the same. More than likely your insulting a few members (of a certain race) on this forum for the whole "rice" association. Unfortunately it's people like you that think it's ok to use it whenever you like.

BTW, your headin' the same direction another guy did on the forum about 3 weeks ago. He started using that term and than talking a bunch of crap in general as no one wanted to support his "theory." Shortly there after he got banned because negatives piled up on him. If you want to stay here you should take that into consideration.

You are a NEWBIE, although seems to me your less interested in "joining" our community and more excited at being the forums latest TROLL.

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
When the **** did this forum become less about the cars we drive and more about the ****ing politics! I don't car if he puts a 10 foot aluminum spoiler on his car, if you dont like it, then stop ****ing looking at it! This is getting stupid, I knwo I am a hypocrite for joining it, but I used to love comming to this forum, always a lot of information about our cars, and always a lot of cool level headed people. Then it seems since dude16 started all those flame wars, everyone need to ***** , or complain.. christ people this isnt high school anymore!
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Minn...
Mr. Gabb's.. I mean Gibbs...
Shut up. What a piss-ant you are!
Now, BE GONE...
WaaaLaaa...
Poof!!
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

The M3 skirt was one of my first mods It was mounted and smoothed into the GT skirts.

In fact the lines fit perfectly with the lines of the Fiero, either way you mount it (mine are mounted the other way around compared to Minngreen's)

About the "rice" thingie, actually M3 skirts are German. So it is "euro" style!
And I dont care about "rice" IF it is "nice"
cheers

EURO RICE!! hehe
Got the nose on yet..??

85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksDirect Link to This Post
if only we could ban the word "rice"

------------------
-Josh

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Can;t we all just get along?

------------------
ICQ# 140841625
www.FieroLoki.com

PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Do you need a big wing or even lower gfx to go 75 mph down the freeway? Do you need clear corners or clear(altezza) taillights to drive 25 down your neighborhood street? They spend countless hours in the windtunnel making sure their car wont' get airborn at the speeds they want to go.

[sarcasm]Yeah, and they all run with paintless bodies because style is a completely unnecessary aspect of racing...[/sarcasm] There is no such thing as a vehicle that is built 100% for speed and 0% for aesthetics. Plain & simple.

Ahh I see so if you saw said car driving down the road and you weren't able to get close enough to see just how well it was put on, would you be inclined to call it rice or not??

I personally don't feel the need to judge every car or person that drives by... I can respect any car that someone puts their own time and effort into. Obviously that is a concept that simply escapes you.

Umm ok so just cause I have less posts then you, and have been here less then you, I am not a valued member and what I say should be taken with a grain of salt? And you are bashing me for "trying" to force my views on others when you yourself are trying to force your views on me? But I guess you are allowed to do that to the noobs right cause you have been here for quite a bit of time??

No, your age nor your time (or lack thereof) spent here does not affect how your messages are received by this community or myself - it's your attitude and lack of tolerance that does that. Oddly enough, I'm not trying to force "my views" upon you or anyone else - unless you consider "tolerance" and "acceptance" to be a forced view. I have been here for a long time, and I am considered a respected member because I communicate and help people as freely as I can. I'm here to share my knowledge and skills - whether I "like" the project being worked on or not.

And no none of my comments were negative. I was simply stating observations and asked questions based on those observations.

Yes, your comments were negative. As others have mentioned, your repeated use of the term "rice" is being used in a derrogatory manner - meant to put down other people's chosen sense of style and/or taste. You also must consider that "ricer" can be taken as a direct slur towards asians.

But you honestly think that his Honda GfX flow well with his 355 nose? I mean do the lines on his car flow?

It isn't the route I would have chosen (as noted by the differences in our cars) - but I also am not going to put down his freedom to choose.

I have never heard that reason before that its more of an attitude then anything else. So I guess a stock looking Corvette can be a rice car if the owner has a ricer attitude?

No - they're just pricks then I've met them at car shows before.

...but how do you "tune" rear taillights to make them look like altezzas? Or adding gutter guard inside them.

Nope... I used light lenses from ceiling tiles https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20020319-1-011212.html which btw I decided I don't really like them, so I've been working on developing a new style - from scratch (it's called originality and/or creativity).

Thats "tuning"? I didnt' know you could "tune" a body. Am I way off here? I mean can you really "tune" a huge rear wing without extensive use of a windtunnel??

Yes, you're way off in thinking that everything that is done to the car to customize it must be beneficial to the performance of it. Why do you have an SE? There isn't anything beneficial to the nicer wheels or the other options that weren't standard on the base coupe?

No sorry I dont' have any pics of my car but its bone stock with 10k original miles on it. 84 SE.

That's nice (really) - whenever I actually complete my "GreenGT" project I'm actually planning on picking up another '84SE - as that's the car that I started this whole obsession with. And I very much respect someone's choice to keep a car in a low-mileage and 100% stock condition (even though most cars were built to be driven - not kept ).

You are going to go have to excuse me now as I am going to go out and "tune" my rear taillights to make them look like Altezzas. good day.

You can do whatever your little heart pleases with your car... you won't hear any criticism from most people around here!

As you can see by the other responses... there's no need to put down other people's ideas - or to try and catagorize them in your demeaning way as "rice" or "kraut" or whatever ethnic slur you're into. We're a community here - and we're here to support each other in whatever creative endeavor we choose... welcome - and try to fit in if you can.

To the others who have posted in the defence of the topic at hand... Thanks - glad to see that this community is still supporting things like the right and ability to do whatever pleases us!

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post
Rice is food.
Oh yea, I can recognize rice. Passed it going over the Sunol grade. My Mazda truck with 230,000 miles passing this Civic with a body kit, a giant tail pipe tip(connected to tiny exhaust pipe) and Japanese lettering painted on the side. The Civic was down shifting into third, if my ear picked it up right and he was slipping under 45 miles an hour. Legally he no longer belonged on the freeway. Maybe this is some sort of safety thing for that body kit. My guess is that he was just coming back from racing and blew the supercharger. I felt bad for him.

------------------
I love this place, cars and ideas.

FriendGregory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FriendGregorySend a Private Message to FriendGregoryDirect Link to This Post

FriendGregory

4833 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Why did my car come with 4 exaust tips?
1 giant one would have done fine.
85 GT V6,(friend asks, is it supposed to smoke like that)
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

EURO RICE!! hehe
Got the nose on yet..??

No I trashed it because it was way too RICE!

....Coming Soon. you know what that means!

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GTR in progress
1969 Chevy Suburban

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
I have nothing but profound respect for those who are willing to adapt parts from other cars to fit a Fiero or for those who are courageous enough to make their own parts. It's people like these that are going to have the greatest impact on getting more respect from the general public and even the ricer (i hate that word) community. My hats off to all of you.

------------------
Caleb Sarty

Black '84 SE 4 speed with blue gauge conversion and small interior mods...Stock otherwise, but not for long.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2004 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to your whiny ramblings and persistence in other topics:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/020314.html
and https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/020425.html

As well as your choice to call others by additional derrogatory names:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/038339.html (Oslo is not "ghey" as you suggested)

I have chosen to bring this topic back to the top to illustrate that you're a hypocrite!

Hmmm.... funny you should say that. It seems that in this topic here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/037916.html You seem to fully support the use of an aftermarket Honda "ricer" part being installed onto a Fiero V6... which according to you would define it as being "Rice". You... are a hypocrite. And a whiny one at that.

All you really need to do, is get the idea through your skull that not everyone has the same tastes or ideas as you... we are still in America - where freedom of expression is still a ruling factor in our lives. Enjoy it while you can...

Am I asking for the trash can? maybe...

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2004 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatDirect Link to This Post
Goodness, I think someone actually got under Robs skin!! Thats amazing, this guy is so laid back all the time.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreen, Fe, Raddruss,...and all you guys with the M3 side skirts your cars look great !! I applaud you for thinking outside the box and trying something different.

They really turned out nice, and give the car a fresh element.

Rice has got to be the most idiotic term I have ever come across.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2004 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since when has an engine swap from any car, into a completely different car, ever been considered rice? Please cite one example. I can't wait to hear what you come up with.

Steve

He's not saying that an engine swap is rice, he's saying that according to your definition in a previous post of yours, it would be considered rice. Did you not say that:

"The parts themselves aren't rice. M3 parts on an M3 car arent' rice.

M3 Parts on a fiero is RICE!!

Its cause it doesnt' belong there."

... So therefore according to you, swapping parts from one car to another is rice. An engine consists of parts, so putting a corvette engine into a fiero would be rice by your standards. Then you're trying to say engine swaps aren't rice by asking him for examples? I think you're a bit confused.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 02-21-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay