side skirt project by RadRuss
Started on: 04-21-2002 08:56 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: Loki on 04-28-2002 10:16 PM
RadRuss

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2002 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
i started my sideskirt project this weekend. i will keep u guys posted on how things are going. so far we have cut one skirt. we cut the end off then cut the skirt to the length we need. then we glassed the end back on. i cant do the other one because i have to send it back cuz it is from an intergra not a civic. so there is a difference in the skirt. i will post pics some time this week of what we have done so far this will give us tiime tho to maybe start the tail light mod if weather is nice.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
javier_altube

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2002 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for javier_altubeClick Here to visit javier_altube's HomePageSend a Private Message to javier_altubeDirect Link to This Post
looking good...
filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2002 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
i'm liking the supra taillights. can you post some more pics of those? and just what are you trying to do with the side skirts? sounds really interesting, can't wait to see more..
FierOwen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2002 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOwenSend a Private Message to FierOwenDirect Link to This Post
i wouldnt mind seeing pics of the taillights either
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2002 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
the tail lights are just photoshoped in. i have not started the project. i have the tail lights and material i just need good weather cuz it is snowing here right now

------------------

filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2002 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
i was gonna ask if they were photoshopped, but they looked pretty good in the pic anyway.
what else can you tell us about the side skirt project? i was eyeing the skirts on my integra but you say the civic skirts will fit better?
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2002 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by filthyscarecrow:
i was gonna ask if they were photoshopped, but they looked pretty good in the pic anyway.
what else can you tell us about the side skirt project? i was eyeing the skirts on my integra but you say the civic skirts will fit better?

i wanted to go with something diffrent. i was going to go with the veilside but would have been to much work so i talked with the guys from street weapon and they hooked me up with civic aftermarket (ricer) side skirts. they are 70" and my stock skirts are 63", so i had to cut them and glass a little. i will have pics by wensday of what i have done so far. not much cuz it was snowing today

------------------

filthyscarecrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2002 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for filthyscarecrowSend a Private Message to filthyscarecrowDirect Link to This Post
man i hear ya about the snow. 3 days ago it was 90* out, and yesterday we get 3"
i think mother nature forgot to take her paxil...
i really do like the side skirt idea. i was thinkin of just modifying the stock ones. do the civic skirts have mounting points that will work? i know you said they were too long, but cutting them isn't all that bad if they still mount fairly easily...
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2002 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by filthyscarecrow:
do the civic skirts have mounting points that will work? i know you said they were too long, but cutting them isn't all that bad if they still mount fairly easily...

they do have mounting points for the wheele well. also we have to rig something up to mount them on top of the door jam area. but we have an idae of what to do .
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2002 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
here are the pics i promised.

here is the end we glassed back in.

dad sanding

glassing the front side of the end

more to come cuz we will be working on it this weekend
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2002 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
here are some more pics of the skirt on the car. next weekend should be painting

fropuff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fropuffSend a Private Message to fropuffDirect Link to This Post
You guys do very nice work! I haven't been paying attention, but are you painting them body color? It'd look mint then! Nice job!
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
Very nice... it's cool to see some creativity. Can't wait to see the final pics!

Brett

------------------

Custom '88 Fiero GT Project

"Wake up and smell the pizza!"
tribaldust1@mchsi.com

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002

With side scoop...

Just a preview...

Brett

Kasdan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2002 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KasdanSend a Private Message to KasdanDirect Link to This Post
i dont think it looks right....i think itd look 1million times better as a fastback, i dont think the sideskirt lines work with the notch.

------------------

Open Manifold Pushrod 3.4, Lunati Camshaft, 19# Injectors, ZR-1 Cowl Induction Hood,
Fastback Scoops, Mild Weight reduction, APR DTM Euro Adjustable Spoiler

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
Dropped...

Brett

ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2002 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post

ITALGT

994 posts
Member since Jan 2002
Fastback with GT effects...

Fastback without GT effects...

Food for thought!

Brett

RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post
ITAL i love what u are doing!! making my car look better than what it really is
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RadRuss:
here are some more pics of the skirt on the car. next weekend should be painting

What, if anything, are you planning on doing with the rear fascia? You've changed the front, which puts it closer to the ground, and the side skirts, which do the same. Now, the rear fascia looks like it needs something....it's much higher off the ground at its lowest point than any of the other sections of the car. I like what you've done so far, but it all makes the rear of the car look "unfinished".

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i think it would look more even (for lack of a better word) with a gt rear facia on it. kind of the same thing i was saying about the rocker scoops. only instead of sticking out farther they come down farther.
PFF
System Bot
RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:
What, if anything, are you planning on doing with the rear fascia? You've changed the front, which puts it closer to the ground, and the side skirts, which do the same. Now, the rear fascia looks like it needs something....it's much higher off the ground at its lowest point than any of the other sections of the car. I like what you've done so far, but it all makes the rear of the car look "unfinished".

to answer that i have thought about the gt bumper but i think i will do something completely diffrent. i think i am going to go with an after market (rice) body kit back end. i was thinking about the wide body by VIS but not sure. what i am going for is to transform my fiero into something diffrent where it leaves people guessing

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
OK, so the skirts are form a civic? What year? And aside from being to long? what else would have to be done to mount it? Ive seen some civic kits I REALLY like and wouldnt mind using them on my Fiero (Well once I get one anyway) Looks sweet. How about a pic in good light around the front tire to see how well the lines blend in with that 355 nose?

------------------

WWW.FIEROLOKI.COM
ICQ# 140841625

RadRuss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RadRussSend a Private Message to RadRussDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Loki:
OK, so the skirts are form a civic? What year? And aside from being to long? what else would have to be done to mount it? Ive seen some civic kits I REALLY like and wouldnt mind using them on my Fiero (Well once I get one anyway) Looks sweet. How about a pic in good light around the front tire to see how well the lines blend in with that 355 nose?

they are from a 92 4door civic, aftermarket. mainly we had to cut them to fit, now monting we know what we are doing but hard to explain w/o confusion but i will post pics of it. i will tey to see about the front pic for u.
Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2002 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Cools...Thanx ya....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock