Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Watch me install T-Tops in Proud-2 (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Watch me install T-Tops in Proud-2 by jscott1
Started on: 05-25-2003 10:31 PM
Replies: 130
Last post by: GT86 on 02-11-2004 10:51 AM
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Good deal Kelvin. I'd love to come over and help out but I have to pull 4 engines from 4 Fieros!
Be sure to drop by when the job is done so you can show-off your work.

IP: Logged
Kelvin Vivian

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post

Another T-Top Fiero back on the road... To finish I need to just inlay the weatherstripping.

This is just about the last modification I'll be doing to this 85 base coupe... I started with the aero conversion, then added dual exhaust, and now the T-Tops. The car does not have AC, but the T-Tops will be a nice consolation...

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe T-Top 5-spd, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Excellent work. You have really fixed up that little coupe. Maybe more people will be inspired to take the t-top plunge.
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Looks great and if anyone is looking yo take a crack at it, I have one in the mall!
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2004 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
I am really proud of you guys for taking that plunge in a major project like this and the end result speaks for themselves and well documented +for you and you.
FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
ALRIGHT cool another T-Top. Good job and looks good.

That first cut was the hardest wasn't it. I know I was scared I was going to screw mine up. But after seeing JScotts post, it gave me the confidence to do it.

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
you guys are making this look tooo easy ....
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT87:

ALRIGHT cool another T-Top. Good job and looks good.

That first cut was the hardest wasn't it. I know I was scared I was going to screw mine up. But after seeing JScotts post, it gave me the confidence to do it.

For sure, I was thinkng - here goes nothing, as I was making my first cut.

Hey PaulJK,

T-Tops is definitely doable for the normal handyman... If JScott had not posted this thread, I know that my 85 base coupe would still be a hardtop today, which I wouldn't mind, but I do love topless driving...

More pics, the car looks great with the T-Tops on, I'll have to get some outside shots, can't really tell with the car sitting in the garage...

Interior shot, eventually I'll complete it, but for now, I'm happy the way it is...

kv

[This message has been edited by Kelvin Vivian (edited 02-01-2004).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
yeah, it's a shame to have a hard top here in southern california. i'm still trying to get my overbudget kitcar project done and would like to have some means of "open-air" motoring, but im not sure what would not make the car "look funny". It's a 512BB ferrari replica and the original cars weren't offerred with a targa top or black upholstered top that would kinda mix with a t-top look (the 308/328 series was) - just plain old red hardtop the whole way back. Im thinking maybe a targa, and doing the t-top on my 88GT.

Nice job ! When you do the next one, let me know and I'll come help just to build my confidence ...

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 02-01-2004).]

Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2004 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroDirect Link to This Post
i apoligize for my ignorance, but is there a way to install a targa in a fiero? or would that throw off the strength of the frame

------------------

*click to see my Fiero site*

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2004 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero~Spataro:

i apoligize for my ignorance, but is there a way to install a targa in a fiero? or would that throw off the strength of the frame

There used to be a company that made a targa kit for Fieros, but I don't think it's still around. You needed to weld in some supports underneath the car to make up for losing the roof. Someone experienced in frame work might be able to design/fabricate the pieces needed.

This company makes convertible kits, the chassis supports would probably work just as well for a targa. They sell the frame pieces separately from the rest of the convertible kit, so it might be worth looking into. http://www.b-bspyder.com/FieroConvertibles.html Don't know for sure though, I've never used their products.

PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock