Started on: 04-07-2003 07:38 PM
Replies: 71
Last post by: fierosound on 08-26-2003 09:57 PM
MarkJPana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
hahaha, i know, another "who is best" but hey, someone had to do it.
i would enter mine, but i havent installed it yet, maybe in a couple of weeks

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
wheels1 hands down

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed
16 years old and already selling my stuff to pay for repairs to my Fiero...which i sold my stuff to buy in the first place

Soaper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SoaperSend a Private Message to SoaperDirect Link to This Post
i vote the guy in Canada with the red GT

Soaper

Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post
I vote for John Parenti of West Coast Fieros... He has a sweet system in his teal 85 GT. That system bumps, and it bumps clearly.

I do not have any pics.

kv

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd has performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe 5-spd, hardtop, rackless decklid, 13-in rally steel rims

neyven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for neyvenSend a Private Message to neyvenDirect Link to This Post
I'd have to vote fierosound's. Very very clean looking
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Soaper:

i vote the guy in Canada with the red GT

Soaper

I think you mean FieroSound... He is from Calgary Alberta Canada, and as far as I know, the first to cut out the fierwall for a sub inclosure. Overall, not just in how it sounds, but install and everything, Fierosound, hands down. He has the trophies to prove it as well.

[This message has been edited by soup (edited 04-07-2003).]

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Well mine is far from the best system, but for the price (~$1000) I think it's pretty damn good.

Headunit: Panasonic CQ-DF801U 60x4 MOSFET, LCD display, among alot of other features.

Speakers:
Fronts: Kenwood 4" components
Rears: Blaupunkt Overdrive series 4x6's
Doors: Kenwood Excelon DualMag 6.5" components
Subwoofer: Pioneer Premier 10" DVC sub

Amps:
-Kenwood Excelon KFC-X201T 600x1 or 300x2
-MTX Thunder 280 140x2

Misc:
-Lightning Audio Bolt Series 1-Farad Capacitor
-10" Footwell Sub Box from Stimpy
-AusFiero speaker door pods

------------------

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 04-07-2003).]

wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post
Definitely fierosound, like soup said, he's got the trophies to prove it

Chris.

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

Well mine is far from the best system, but for the price (~$1000) I think it's pretty damn good.

Headunit: Panasonic CQ-DF801U 60x4 MOSFET, LCD display, among alot of other features.

Speakers:
Fronts: Kenwood 4" components
Rears: Blaupunkt Overdrive series 4x6's
Doors: Kenwood Excelon DualMag 6.5" components
Subwoofer: Pioneer Premier 10" DVC sub

Amps:
-Kenwood Excelon KFC-X201T 600x1 or 300x2
-MTX Thunder 280 140x2

Misc:
-Lightning Audio Bolt Series 1-Farad Capacitor
-10" Footwell Sub Box from Stimpy
-AusFiero speaker door pods

BRING ON THE PICS!! haha,

------------------

AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20021104-1-018195.html

Here's a link to the most recent pictures that I have. The MTX amp is where the Boss amp is and I have since cleaned up the wiring.

------------------

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
very nice
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I have the BEST sound system!

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
SOme day I'll do a sound system. However, it is very low on the list. I have to get a v8 or 3800SC in there first to over come the wieght . Right now I am got to just run an 8inch Punch HE. I need to fill in the lows a little cuz the lack of bass is driving me nuts. It will be run by a MTX 240 amp and a rockfor RFX 9000. It plays mp3s and it was only $139 so I got it. Some day I will have a 12 behinf each seat... Someday
Well gotta go finnish the box for the sub.

------------------

85 GT 4 SPD
Number 53715 of 76371
Best 1/4 15.816 @ 84.72

Accel 8.8mm wires, Accel 300+ Ignition box, Blaster Coil, NGK UR5, K&N, Short Shifter, High flow cat, Monochrome Caracus red.

COMING SOON: KYB shocks and struts, ST lowering springs, Motegi M12 16X7 rims, Poly Dogbone, Ported exhuast manifolds, and YOKO AVS ES100 tires 205/55/16 front and 225/50/16 rear

Coulee Region Fieros member(couleefiero.tripod.com)

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
As far as max thumping power goes, this guy owns everyone. 4 12" subs!
http://www.fierostereo.b0x.com/

------------------

87GT 4.9 in progress!

rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post
WHEELS1. Quality and Bump. Plus factory appearance.
-Ryan
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2003 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Where do I sign up?

The sound image in my GT is dead center, and the 1200watt RMS DDaudio sub compliments in well in a custom footwell sub box. I must go on a road trip for people to attest to it. I've had it for about a month, so I haven't made it to any shows or meets yet. I'll be at the 20th Anual show, Auburn show, and the next Fierorama. Is WHEELS1 going to any of those shows? I know it's apples vs. oranges competing with a stock interior. I'm not disqualified, am I?

P.S. I'm definately not the best for a DB drag... I thought we were talking about sound quality? :P

Greg

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 04-08-2003).]

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
4 12s" that is almost sick!

I like it

FLASHY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FLASHYSend a Private Message to FLASHYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I have the BEST sound system!

Ha! Now that's a SHAKER!

------------------

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
I vote on Fierosounds stereo system as being the best... and Archies is the best "entertainment system"

AkursedX,

I noticed you have a panasonic deck. I have the same model, but having weird problems with the display. It looses contrast after playing for a while.. The heat seems to soak all the briteness out of the screen, and Its really hard to see. Ive had my faceplate replaced once and repaired once, it still does it. Does yours suffer the same thing?
btw, what kinda speaker wires ya using? that blue color is deadly..

My system is a Panasonic Deck, same as AkursedX's, MTX Thunder 280 amp, Boston Accoustics 10.5LF sub, Kenwood 4x10's, and pioneer 4x6's. I need a new amp and a cap soon.. I will also be replacing the front/rear speakers with something else, i dont like pioneer stuff

JZ

------------------

- 2.8v6, 5spd
- no cat, msd ignition/coil, K&N

[This message has been edited by SplineZ (edited 04-08-2003).]

Wheels1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Rayn & Adam.... I'll be at the Vegas show... I'm going to try to make it to some other shows soon. Just got back for the Daytona show. Some one in Daytona seen my Sys. ?? I now have my dash out & working on my DVD system. I'll post pics of it tomorrow night. This is what it looks like now.

My best system is in a friends Black GT 1800 watts with 2- 10" MTX & Amps. Hits a 134bd. It will rock your world. I make mine so that you only loose about 2 1/2" of back seat movement. The bottom goes all the way back. No leg loss. Thanks to everyone that votes for me!

I wish I had the $$$ to run around to all the shows to show it off. Maybe next year I will set up a post with the dates & show I will attend.

Thanks, Chris.

------------------

88 Formula
WTB White 88 Formula t-tops w/5spd, pw,pl,cc,a/c,tan int.

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 02:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see your dvd system. You do pretty impressive work Chris! When are you going to help me add a dvd player to my car that would top it off!

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3.4L

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/

PFF
System Bot
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
SplineZ

The speaker wiring is from www.knukonceptz.com

And I have never really had a problem with my headunit fading. And I have been running my heater pretty much constantly along with playing my stereo loud and when I pull the faceplate off it's really warm. So I have been pushing it, but still no fading....

------------------

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the votes of confidence guys.

MarkJPana - that's a "loaded" question, especially when you consider people are voting on systems they may have only seen, not heard. And of course, others will be voting only on those they've seen and heard, that's only natural. In addition, some people like lots of "flash" in the way a system looks, others prefer a more stealth look.

A better question might have been "Who's system impresses you and what do you like about it?"

Hey everyone! A few changes to my system - nothing major:
Just a new amp - Macintosh MC440M 6-channel 400 watts (4x50 + 2x100 for subs)

And I repositioned the deck so I could get a cup holder in the dash

The cup holder is all the way out. The shifter is in 3rd gear, so no clearance problems as you can see. I can still adjust volume and up/down on CD tracks with cup holder out. (yes, my instrument cluster is out at present).
I got the cup-holder assembly from a 96 Dodge Colt at a wrecking yard.

Some "hardware" I've collected. The 3 plaques on the left are World of Wheels awards from ISCA ( www.theisca.com ), the rest are awards from Stereo Competitions sponsored by IASCA ( www.iasca.com ) The "tall" one is 5 foot high. If you want to see impressive "stuff" visit an IASCA event to look at the cars there.

ISCA = International Show Car Association
IASCA = International Auto Stereo Challenge Association

------------------

fierosound - 1987 GT - World of Wheels Winner
& Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner (click me)

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 04-08-2003).]

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

fierosound

15155 posts
Member since Nov 1999
oops - double post

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Well, I've only heard Wheels1's system, so I guess that's my vote.

I think Archie would be a close 2nd

------------------

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
well i haven't heard a fiero sound better than mine, but i also haven't heard one that wasn't stock other than mine. I have lots of stuff, dvd, 3 amps, sub, all that, but it's not nearly as clean as say fierosounds is, i really like what he's done, though the components aren't my cup of tea, the install is fabulous.

------------------

fierosound

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierce_gt:
well i haven't heard a fiero sound better than mine, but i also haven't heard one that wasn't stock other than mine. I have lots of stuff, dvd, 3 amps, sub, all that

Sounds impressive (no pun intended). Any pics? I'm especially interestd to see the DVD install. How about a LINK to your cardomain.com page? Thanks...

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
I've never heard anyone elses fiero but my own. I have kenwood 4 x 10's in front, sony 4 x 6 plate speakers in back. Kenwood KDC-115S head unit, Kenwood KGC-4042A equalizer, Alpine MRV-450 Amp (5 channel 850 watts) A homemade box behind passangers seat made out of MFB with a 12 inch Pioneer Sub. Clearest sound I've ever heard in a car.

Matt

------------------

ds21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ds21Send a Private Message to ds21Direct Link to This Post
Who has the most unique System? After doing pro installs off and on for over 10 years, they all start looking the same, lets see something different.
MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ds21:

Who has the most unique System? After doing pro installs off and on for over 10 years, they all start looking the same, lets see something different.

good point, i tend to favor fierosound's system on the looks department, maybe i can base some more of my opinions on what i here at the next few meets and shows.

[This message has been edited by MarkJPana (edited 04-08-2003).]

FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2003 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
I have seen and heard the DVD system in Wheels1 88 Formula.

Nice install, and good choice of hardware.

Come install mine now Chris........

Loyde http://www.fastfieros.com

PFF
System Bot
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2003 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ds21:

I'm working on a "floating" amp rack w/ neon light emitting from below. I'm planning something "interesting" to dress the rest up (not carpet, but I do think carpet looks nice). I will be upgrading the system components in the near future.

Greg

Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2003 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post
I know its not a fiero, but my bro in law once owned a S10 sony show truck with 12 12"'s and hydraluics, he could blow out the windows on the second beat, the whole system was running off of 40 watts too, then they would double and triple ect. though.

it took 6 batteries to run it for a 2 min or so skit....

it was a nice truck, until he rolled it

im still working on my fiero install though
i have a JL audio amp that puts out about 2500 watts
2 Infinity 10 inch subs (they need a home in my fiero still, i can only fit one so far)
stock 4'6's and a pioneer 8400 blah blah something deck

its good enough for me, the subs cracked the windshield in my firefly....

fierosound has my vote from what i have see so far though
good job man, you are a pioneer for all fiero men trying to fit the unfittable

-Phil

------------------
Pontiac Firefly 87 1.0L
Pontiac Fiero 86 SE 2.8L
Buick Skyhawk 76 3.8L
GMC Jimmy 85 305
"It's not how fast you go, but how good you look goin"

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2003 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
If I ever finish it, Ill have over 3300RMS watts total(~6000 max). Custom dash helps with the incredible sound quality(that much I have heard).

Though I am considering subtracting 2 subs and 2400watts. Dunno yet...I have all of the components.

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2003 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
wheels 1 u have a PM

------------------

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2003 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
I gotta go with Archie on this one. It can't play Helter Skelter, but
Wheels1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2003 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post
Here are the updated pics. I have a JVC SH77 deck, 2-10" Pioneers, Crunch 6 1/2" 2-way comps in the dash, & Pioneer 5X7 in the pillars. The amps are Planet Audio 4ch 400W & 2ch 400W. I have a audiobauhn blue LED cap. All work done by me. Enjoy, I have received e-mails on my set up.
I will respond with pics & info soon, Thanks, Chris.

This is a pic of what it will look like this sat. when I get my dash done.

Thanks for the vots..... Chris.

------------------

88 Formula
WTB White 88 Formula t-tops w/5spd, pw,pl,cc,a/c,tan int.

Wheels1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2003 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post

Wheels1

945 posts
Member since May 2002
Forgot some other pics... Here is my new look on the shifter..

Other pics.....

These pics of the DVD are old.... I'm putting the DVD player in the dash & I'm redoing the look of the screen (7.2")I will be in the same place but you will be able to put the pocket back over it so that you can't see it.

Thanks, Chris

Wheels1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2003 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post

Wheels1

945 posts
Member since May 2002

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

I'm working on a "floating" amp rack w/ neon light emitting from below. I'm planning something "interesting" to dress the rest up (not carpet, but I do think carpet looks nice). I will be upgrading the system components in the near future.

Greg

I don't know about that.... When we take trips it gets HOT up front, I had some cleaning supplies in there & when we stop for gas, I checked on them & they where hot to the touch. Did you put anything to help with the heat from the radiator? Do you have some kind of cooling fan to help with the heat?
Please LMK....
Thanks,Chris.

(ADDED)
I know that the spare tire is sitting in just plastic, & no seal around it. Just wondering what you guys did to help keep the dirt & heat out. When the fan comes on it blows all the heat right on it & just driving I still blows the heat there...
Here is what I did to help with the heat & dirt. Plus I put a sealer all around the plastic piece. And I don't have to get out of the car to check the heat or adjust the amps.

[This message has been edited by Wheels1 (edited 04-09-2003).]

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2003 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wheels1:

I don't know about that.... When we take trips it gets HOT up front, I had some cleaning supplies in there & when we stop for gas, I checked on them & they where hot to the touch. Did you put anything to help with the heat from the radiator? Do you have some kind of cooling fan to help with the heat?
Please LMK....
Thanks,Chris.

(ADDED)
I know that the spare tire is sitting in just plastic, & no seal around it. Just wondering what you guys did to help keep the dirt & heat out. When the fan comes on it blows all the heat right on it & just driving I still blows the heat there...
Here is what I did to help with the heat & dirt. Plus I put a sealer all around the plastic piece. And I don't have to get out of the car to check the heat or adjust the amps.

There will be thermal gaurd in and around the front compartment, and I'm building a removable cover with plexi window w/ fans. I'll also be installing Aus's stage 2 hood scoops at the beginning of this summer. Currently, I have a spare sunroof glass stored over them (like that helps much :P). Important problem that needs addressing for anyone with electrical equipt. up front.

Greg

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock