Started on: 11-19-2002 01:39 PM
Replies: 158
Last post by: Earl on 11-24-2002 09:17 PM
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Howard_Sacks:

I broke it down into 3 simple things above.

Well judging by your post you again forgot to supply all information and/or got confused.
So number 3 is????????????????

IP: Logged
Hairy_Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroDirect Link to This Post

------------------

wiccantoy

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiccantoySend a Private Message to wiccantoyDirect Link to This Post
jelly2m8 how the hell am i being drug into this again ? my acomplishments? what does what ive done to my fiero's have to do with what someone else has to say about archie? read my post. have i said anything to offend anyone?

------------------
go fast or go home
or just drive it like you stole it

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2002 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Is it your whole state or just you and archie Orief.

#3 is above.

I restated 1 and 2 again because you missed the concept.

I am done with this thread. Originally I was going to leave the forum because I thought Cliff didnt want me. Now, I just dont see a reason to stick around.

The reason why I made the mistake I did is that no one feels that they can say bad about Archie without getting flamed.

His word is worth nothing. And independent of that, his products are not even that good.

I hope that at least one person gains that knowledge from my flaming which I fully knew I would recieve.

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree with a few of the things that Howard said.

Archie is like the school yard bully. He is constantly belittling and harassing others that don't kiss his butt.

This part sure is true. I've been flamed by Archie several times myself and have seen Archie on numerous occasions attacking, harassing, and childishly calling people names. Archie thinks he knows it all and if anyone ever counterdicts him, then he goes ballistic. A few minutes using the search will prove that point.

In addition, his stuff is expensive.

Howard is absolutely right about that point, those V8 kits are way too expensive for no more than what you get. I bought my whole V8 Fiero with 350 engine included as a half finished project for only $2000, mainly because the previous owner gave up trying to get it put together. No way would I spend $2000 just for the kit alone. Three years later, I'm still modifying stuff to make it right.

Howard, it's a shame after making several valid points that you too went on a flaming rampage. You just stooped to his level.

[This message has been edited by batboy (edited 11-20-2002).]

RedGTFieroKCMO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RedGTFieroKCMOSend a Private Message to RedGTFieroKCMODirect Link to This Post
As with any project, always estimate the cost of replacement parts and broken items and make a budget estimate. Then double that estimate X 2 to get the true cost and labor. Never fails that you will end up spending at least half of what you thought it would due to unforeseen circumstances.

In this case Howard, I would have gone after the owner/seller of the engine (never Archie) and asked for a partial refund if he knew the engine was hacked before it was sold (not sure about this and he probably wasn't familiar with Archie's removal techniques). Then as a courtesy he MIGHT refund you some of the cost of broken wires etc. He should then take up the hackjob issue with his hired hand (Archie) for his own reimbursement or just eat the cost. Archie was the middleman, he has no idea how you expected to receive a V6. As far as he was concerned, the V6 was scrap metal that was gonna be shipped back to the original owner. This was a haste purchase after damage was done and the owner of that engine needs to take up the damage with Archie about the removal style. Were pictures not exchanged before the sale? Did you ask for an itemized list of what exact items were intact/installed instead of assumed? Did you promptly ask for a partial refund after you inspected and made repairs?

But attacking Archie for V8 engine kits and not the actual V6 engine is not working for you in this scenario. It took almost a full page of comments before I realized this was for a purchase of a used v6 turbo engine and not for one of his V8 kits.

The bottom line here is, communication before the sale would have protected all parties involved and would have made for a smoother transaction/offer to cancel. Sorry you had to spend over $2k to find this out.

My 2¢
Sean
KCMO

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Will,
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum8/HTML/000009.html

What is this, are you freeking stupid? All that thread does is to discredit one of the only people in this thread that has tried to support you.

Remember this quote?

Originally posted by Archie:
Everytime one of you punks takes me on, he ends up running away with his tail tucked 'tween his legs....
Archie

Well guess what...... that begins RIGHT NOW.

Cliff, Please don't close this thread yet, I'm not done with this kid.

Howard, You owe me an appology, and an across the board withdraw of all of your unfounded comments. No need to edit each one of your posts because I've already made copies of all of them. You can leave the Forum but the responsibility for your actions will remain. Even after reading the testimony of Bob R. You have caused Irreparable damage to my reputation and my business. Those damages are felt today and will be felt for many years to come. The damage you have caused was directed at & has been done in Cook County, IL. You cannot and will not be able to just say, "Oh heck, I'm done with this thread anyway."

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-20-2002).]

DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post
The whole story would have a lot more credibility had you told it before you started following Archie around slinging insults. Now, it just looks like another attempt to draw him into a flame war...
olliver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olliverSend a Private Message to olliverDirect Link to This Post
This is better than jerry springer. I'm going to make some popcorn and watch the rest of this. Anyone want some?

Olliver

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Is it your whole state or just you and archie Orief.

What are you talking about now? Are you going to start another "consumer alert" on me because I happen to live in Illinois now?

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 11-20-2002).]

Don_Chi_Chi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don_Chi_ChiClick Here to visit Don_Chi_Chi's HomePageSend a Private Message to Don_Chi_ChiDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen a thread explode like this...over 90 posts in little more than 12 hours!
PFF
System Bot
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by wiccantoy:

jelly2m8 how the hell am i being drug into this again ? my acomplishments? what does what ive done to my fiero's have to do with what someone else has to say about archie? read my post. have i said anything to offend anyone?

Dunno, ask Howard.

Thankfully he posted up a link to a tread that you started. check the 4 post from the bottom on the 2nd page.

Don't worry, you still have yer + I gave ya previously.

Leper
No longer registered
Report this Post11-20-2002 05:44 AM   Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
I thought illustrations might help.

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Yup, those are the pictures. As a matter of fact, I saw the new video. Archie took the motor out carefully. About the only thing he was guilty of with the V6 was calling it a "Girly motor" hehehehehe. He even made a comment on the video that it ran damn good for a V6. Buying a motor sight unseen in not too bright to begin with, especially when it comes with a custom brewed turbo system. I have Archie’s old and new video. He didn't do anything to damage the V6 when it was removed. Sensors and such were kept for the refit.

Now on to the kit. I have Archie’s kit and HAVE NO COMPLAINTS about the QUALITY, FIT or the fact you have to WELD and TEST FIT. I knew this going into the project. And I have had great luck getting help from him - EVEN ON A SUNDAY! Just because it requires welding doesn’t mean it's NOT A KITIf you don't have the skills required - stay away from it. Geesh, I haven't seen ANYONE that DID the V8 swap complain about having to weld. Why are you?

Rob D.

------------------

No motor - Soon to be a bottle fed 383 V8
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
New web site! www.dirtyratracing.org

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post11-20-2002 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
So you would rather sue me then apologize?

I have written nothing but the truth. BRING IT!

Tail between my legs? I dont think so.

If you have a problem with that, go pound sand.

Well guess what...... that begins RIGHT NOW.

Cliff, Please don't close this thread yet, I'm not done with this kid.

Howard, You owe me an appology, and an across the board withdraw of all of your unfounded comments. No need to edit each one of your posts because I've already made copies of all of them. You can leave the Forum but the responsibility for your actions will remain. Even after reading the testimony of Bob R. You have caused Irreparable damage to my reputation and my business. Those damages are felt today and will be felt for many years to come. The damage you have caused was directed at & has been done in Cook County, IL. You cannot and will not be able to just say, "Oh heck, I'm done with this thread anyway."

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-20-2002).]

Tcat55371

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tcat55371Send a Private Message to Tcat55371Direct Link to This Post
WOW, I saw this lastnight before I left work and now it's up to 3 pages...

Ok, here is my 2cents, and I have not met either of you two. I have bought Archie's econo kit and did it all myself. I'm 46 years old now and have messed around in my backyard with cars for awhile.

Howard, I don't know what happened because I was not there so I will not say anything else about that. I think that's between you and Archie to hash out. Your concern's are ok but bashing here isn't the place. Is't great to talk about it thou, just don't bash, come's across as childish.

Archie, I bought your kit and had a few problems and had to change acouple things. Like I said, I bought the econo kit. The thing that would have meade this alot easier would have been a "this what you need with this kit". A list of your parts but I understand that this is a business and you can't do that. I used a bigger starter and had to add on to your adapter an inch. The other problem was in the wiring. No big deal, got around it. I did this swap pretty much in a month and all by myself.

Yes I would do it again because the car is a blast to drive now. I did not know this forum was around when I was looking at Archie's kit. Just found it on the internet and a friend of mine had done one too.

I don't like reading flames, guess I'm to old for that. Like I said, I have never met Archie in person but have talked to him on the phone and got help everytime I called.
What I don't like about all of this is:
1: The statement that the cars weight about 80lbs more then the V/6. Not true, that steel adapter plate is heavy and the SBC I have has iron heads. (another no big deal because it still flys)
2: Trannys hold up. Well, I put in 2 last summer but the first one wasn't built (automatics. The second is holding so far. Lots of people here have blown trannys and clutches.
Just would like the air cleared about that. This is a conversion into something that didn't have a v/8. Things are going to break and thats a fact of life so please state it that way.

Anyway, I didn't have alot of money to do this and I am happy with the kit and how it's all gone together. These are not just plug and play people, you have to expect problems.

Howard, thanks for your concerns. This board is pro Archie and that's fine. This is a great place to get info.
Archie, thanks for the help when I needed it.
I feel I got what I payed for and I am satisfied with the craftmanship.

Cliff, thanks for providing a place for people to voice their concerns.

jon

FIERORICE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERORICESend a Private Message to FIERORICEDirect Link to This Post
Please Cliff, trash this thread. When I first came to the forum, the topic of this little punk selling his car for a 300ZX was just starting... this is the same kind of crap - bashing and stupidity.

Please, everyone, just cut the crap before this turns to another waste of time thread taking up space in file 13.

Ricky

------------------
Yeah, I have a cowl induction hood - with NON FUNCTIONAL GAUGES!! HELL YEAH - FieroRice

86GTBlackGold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTBlackGoldSend a Private Message to 86GTBlackGoldDirect Link to This Post
@#$! the $.02...I'm going to give the whole dollar.

BUYER BEWARE!

Amazing how such a simple concept, an actual life lesson, is usually completely ignored.

I have never seen such blatant ignorance in my life. A person buys something without even seeing a picture of it, ESPECIALLY something custom, and then complains because it's not to his satisfaction. I don't give a DAMN about how reputable someone is or is not. Before I would make a MAJOR purchase, I would want to damn sure inspect the goods. I would ask for pictures, video, anything I needed to convince myself that this is worth the expense. But to buy something this big without even checking...that is F@#$ING STUPID! I don't care if Archie is God himself, I don't trust ANYONE until I have dealt with them SEVERAL times and have been COMPLETELY satisfied...and even then I would have misgivings. Maybe the reason very few people post anything negative about Archie is because very few people have EVER had a problem with him or his products...did you ever think about that!

Then, to make matters worse, you admitted that you knew absolutely nothing about the basics of the system! So now both blindness and ignorance come into play. Blind since you never even seen the engine, ignorant since you knew nothing about the system at the time of purchase.

I'm sorry Howard, but you dug your own grave on this one. You feel you got burned. Yes you did! But YOU allowed it to happen because YOU didn't take the necessary precautions and YOU didn't do the research ahead of time. Even if the engine WAS misrepresented in any way, shape or form, YOU still went into it BLIND!

And then, to try and draw sympathy, you said you were leaving the forum because of this. 6137 members here, you have a problem with one, and that makes you decide to leave. Does the term "childish" ring a bell for anyone else here? If you do want to leave...go right ahead. Personally, I don't give a rat's a$$ if I have a problem with one person on here, or two or two hundred. With the number of members here and the volumes of information available, there is still plenty for me to learn and people to talk with. I'll be DAMNED if I would leave because of one person! And this whole thing about ratings is a complete waste of time to me. If the forum really wants to get rid of someone, they will do it without having to use some "click of the mouse" rating system. I feel bad for Cliff even having to create the damn thing!

I hold no animosity towards you. If I saw you today, I'd stop and talk with you just because you, like everyone else in here, has a common interest. You have done nothing wrong to me and about the only thing you could say I've done to you is given you a slap in the face about HOW all this was ALLOWED to happen. Right or wrong, YOU contributed to ALLOWING this to happen.

As far as Archie goes, I don't have a problem speaking my mind to ANYONE, and if he F@#$ed up something for me, I'd have no problem telling him he was a DIPSH*T to his face, cause I guarantee if I had a problem with him, I'd be on his doorstep. Likewise, I'd expect him to call ME a DIPSH*T if I got myself in over my head and screwed something up.

BTW...Archie, with the the economy in the shape it's in and all of the problems that have ensued since September 11th, you would have an extremely hard time proving that Howard was the cause to anything...especially since there seems to be a Hell of a lot of people on here that could give a rat's ass about what he has to say. I for one have not done any business with you, not because of what's been stated with these posts, but because I DON'T HAVE THE F@#$ING $$$ RIGHT NOW!! Otherwise, I'd have already been at your door and checking what you had available. Please, let's dispense with the "I'm going to sue you" sh*t! We have enough of this in our country now without PFF members contributing to it.

Personally, I don't know either of you, and your reputations don't mean anything to me until I actually deal with you. I do hope to meet both of you eventually and talk Fieros, drink a few beers, gawk at Roger's Hooters pics and have a blast. But we can dispense with the BS and get on with things.

Archie, keep being one of the best resources for V8 conversions. All you have provided in that regard is greatly appreciated.

Howard, since you ran into all of these problems, step back and provide the details of what was done to correct it. With everything that happened, you probably learned a heck of a lot and as such can provide a wealth of knowledge on the topic of swapping and turbo construction. Don't get me wrong...I'm not calling you an expert, just experienced and it is that experience that I am asking you to share...objectively and factual...no BS and no finger pointing.

Can we move on now? Please!

[This message has been edited by 86GTBlackGold (edited 11-20-2002).]

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Archie, as an expert representing the engine, had a moral(maybe even a legal) duty to let me know what the deal was. If he hacked it up, he needed to tell me.

In this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20020208-2-014783.html

Archie States: "HeHe, you must have missed the 2.8 Turbo V-6 thread I posted in the Mall section early last month. It must have been the only For Sale thread that turned into a Flame war.

Anyway, as a result of that thread, the engine was sold by the owner of this car about this time last month."

I really wish we could find the original Mall thread. I do remember Archie stating he knows nothing about the engine except the customer drove it 2400 miles to his shop and it appeared to run strong.

Now explain how this is Archie's fault? Isn't the person who owned and sold the engine the one who is responsible for passing on the information on the item?
If I sell an engine to someone that I got from a junkyard that the engine was cut out with a torch, and the buyer called the junkyard and asked if the engine was a good runner, to which they said yes, Then when they received it, they are unhappy with it. Who should they complain to? The junkyard?

The point is, Archie was being paid to swap an engine. The person who paid for the swap waited in town for it. Archie was not paid to remove and sell an engine and in the best intrest in his paying customer, he removed the engine as quickly as possible so that the swap could be completed in a reasonable time. The intent to sell the engine came AFTER the engine was removed and it was sold By The Owner.

Especially after Bob posted his reply, This only confirms that Archie is not the one to be blamed. Whatever Howie thinks in his fit of anger, The person who owned/sold the engine is the one who needs to relay the condition of the engine. The person who received the money is the one who you should be directing your complaints to.
Why is this so hard to see?

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 11-20-2002).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
This is certainly an interesting thread.
I would say that what is needed here is evidence and a resolution.
Howard is a good guy but his anger stems from the fact that he believes that he has been ripped off buying an engine that was represented as being good and it ended up being trash.
When I sell an engine the customer is free to do or request a compression or leakdown test beforehand. This way there is less doubt as to the engines condition. Perhaps posting these results will tell the story.
It would be unfair for those of us that do not have all the facts to judge what has happened. Keep an open mind and wait to hear and see the facts. Then we can reach a logical conclusion.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo Best 0-60 5.2 seconds
http://turbofiero.fierojoe.com/turbo.htm

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

This is certainly an interesting thread.
I would say that what is needed here is evidence and a resolution.
Howard is a good guy but his anger stems from the fact that he believes that he has been ripped off buying an engine that was represented as being good and it ended up being trash.
When I sell an engine the customer is free to do or request a compression or leakdown test beforehand. This way there is less doubt as to the engines condition. Perhaps posting these results will tell the story.
It would be unfair for those of us that do not have all the facts to judge what has happened. Keep an open mind and wait to hear and see the facts. Then we can reach a logical conclusion.

Ah, did you miss the part where he stated in his initial post that this happened about a year ago?

Rob D.

PFF
System Bot
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
Um sorry a little of topic here, Hey Rob shouldnt you be working on your car right now? LOL Sorry couldnt resist.
HIOSILVER

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chester:

Ah, did you miss the part where he stated in his initial post that this happened about a year ago?

Rob D.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GMGW3:

I dont think he would actually go that far, hehe Ive been calling him since April on and off and bugging the Gajeebers out of him with dumb questions and such with things about my car while it was being built. He was quite patient and more than willing to go over things with me, I had never met him or known him before any of this, and my conclusion was, is that he knows his sh*t, and doesnt take sh*t from whiners and cry babys that like to make a montain out of a mole hill like Howard.. and I cant blame him, I have the same tolerance level for Idiots like that where I work.

I edited my post, because it came across wrong. I agree with you 100% on your opinion of Archie. Sorry for any confusion or offense.

Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Leafy:

I think what we need to do is realize that all this could be just a form of miscomunication on both sides, and misunderstandings happen frequently, sometimes infuriating one party or the other.

We represent probably the majority of Fiero enthusiasts in the world today; a brotherhood if you will. Sometimes brothers don't see eye to eye, even though they all have something in common. In our case it is the Fiero. The only people we should be bashing is Pontiac, which killed our beloved car.

Forgivness is the key, and this forum is the door in which to use it.

just my 2 cents worth.

Did anyone besides wiccantoy read this???

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:

Um sorry a little of topic here, Hey Rob shouldnt you be working on your car right now? LOL Sorry couldnt resist.
HIOSILVER

hehehehe, yeah, I'm burning up time at work. I'm off at noon and heading that way! Plug wires and dip stick to arrive this AM.

Rob D.

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Howard doesn't bother to tell you that his posts are what sent that thread to the trash can.

Archie

And you followed him there...

I agree with what 86GTBlackGold has to say... caveat emtor

Blame is never one sided.

Howard now knows how to install a turbo system. That's knowledge that should be on the forum.

I don't think there's permanent damage to your reputation. I know most what I know about an SBC conversion by reading what's on your website. If someone uses this thread as a primary means of determining whether or not he should buy an Archie kit, then that person is stupid. Do you really want to sell a kit to someone like that?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:
..... then that person is stupid. Do you really want to sell a kit to someone like that?

hehe.....very well put Will.

That's why I try to get names of some of the people who make some of these stupid posts. So that I can avoid selling a kit to someone who isn't capable of putting it together.

Archie

------------------

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
what i fail to understand is how someone can Trash your kit Archie when they admittedly have never used one. I personally dont remember too many, if any, V8 Fiero owners ever complaining about them. but what do i know =)

As for the "Kit" not being a kit if you have to weld....I worked at Monster Motorsports for several years putting 5.0 Ford V8's into mazda miatas, we also sold a "Kit" version. If you think having to weld on a Fiero Kit is a chore, then you obviously have never looked into the miata v8 conversion, there are nearly a dozen cuts and welds that are needed!

We sold approximately 50 kits, not one owner ever complained about having to weld, and they were never blessed with the option of watching it done on a video like you can with archies kits.

Seems to me that you might want to learn more about what it realisticly takes to put a motor with up to twice as many cylinders into a small 2 seat sports car before you go on a rampage about it...

------------------
Monkey
"No matter where I go...There's my car"

*Just arrived...84 Indy 4-spd
87 T-Top GT 2.8/5-spd
87 Hardtop GT 2.8/5-spd
97 Trans-AM WS6 6-spd
91 V8 Monster Miata 5spd
69 Mustang Coupe 302 4spd

Added 2 short movies
members.cox.net/lothe/

Little Duce Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Little Duce CoupeSend a Private Message to Little Duce CoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:

Yup, those are the pictures. As a matter of fact, I saw the new video. Archie took the motor out carefully. About the only thing he was guilty of with the V6 was calling it a "Girly motor" hehehehehe. He even made a comment on the video that it ran damn good for a V6. Buying a motor sight unseen in not too bright to begin with, especially when it comes with a custom brewed turbo system. I have Archie’s old and new video. He didn't do anything to damage the V6 when it was removed. Sensors and such were kept for the refit.

Now on to the kit. I have Archie’s kit and HAVE NO COMPLAINTS about the QUALITY, FIT or the fact you have to WELD and TEST FIT. I knew this going into the project. And I have had great luck getting help from him - EVEN ON A SUNDAY! Just because it requires welding doesn’t mean it's NOT A KITIf you don't have the skills required - stay away from it. Geesh, I haven't seen ANYONE that DID the V8 swap complain about having to weld. Why are you?

Rob D.

I am in over my head here but.........

As someone interested in swapping in an V8 I asked who to recommend and I was told Archie or West Coast.
People on this forum explained the difference is a drop in ready to run kit that hooks up to existing tranny (Archie) vs. a northstar complete swap that includes drive line and tranny. (West Coast)

I was told by people here that Archies kit is complete and it was not that hard with no mods required.

This interested me so I went to Archies site to read more. In his site it states that it is a COMPLETE kit requiring no mods cutting etc.

NOW.....someone says that there is welding required....?

If not for this thread I may have become overconfident and actually tried this myself (I am no welder and barely a mechanic)..now I don't know what to think, except that Archies site made it seem very easy.

my 02, spend it where you will.
I will still check Archies once I have funds

------------------
Little Duce Coupe
"You Don't Know What She Costs"

Little Duce Coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Little Duce CoupeSend a Private Message to Little Duce CoupeDirect Link to This Post

Little Duce Coupe

490 posts
Member since Sep 2001

hehe.....very well put Will.

That's why I try to get names of some of the people who make some of these stupid posts. So that I can avoid selling a kit to someone who isn't capable of putting it together.

Archie

Please see my post above.....Especially with this kind of statement

------------------
Little Duce Coupe
"You Don't Know What She Costs"

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Little Duce Coupe:

I am in over my head here but.........

As someone interested in swapping in an V8 I asked who to recommend and I was told Archie or West Coast.
People on this forum explained the difference is a drop in ready to run kit that hooks up to existing tranny (Archie) vs. a northstar complete swap that includes drive line and tranny. (West Coast)

I was told by people here that Archies kit is complete and it was not that hard with no mods required.

This interested me so I went to Archies site to read more. In his site it states that it is a COMPLETE kit requiring no mods cutting etc.

NOW.....someone says that there is welding required....?

If not for this thread I may have become overconfident and actually tried this myself (I am no welder and barely a mechanic)..now I don't know what to think, except that Archies site made it seem very easy.

my 02, spend it where you will.
I will still check Archies once I have funds

Well here is my view on the cuts/welding involved. The cutting involved is trimming of the driver side hinge box and removing the spring mounts and engine mount plate on the cradle. No big deal. The welding, once again - no big deal. I never welded before, bought a mig and welded it together myself. Not the prettiest job but I beat the snot out of it and it holds. If you don't have a welder you can mount everything up, test fit and then take the cradle to a shop and have it welded. Not a big deal at all. I have pictures of the welding involved if your interested email me and I'll send them to you so you can see for yourself.

Rob D.

------------------

No motor - Soon to be a bottle fed 383 V8
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
New web site! www.dirtyratracing.org

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Little Duce Coupe:

Please see my post above.....Especially with this kind of statement

The kit is designed to avoid any frame cutting. Some of the clearances are close and if, over the years, the Fiero has been wrecked & repaired a small frame notch may be necessary. As far as welding, there is only one weld that we recommend, at the time the weld needs to be done the parts that need welding are out of the car and you can take them to the welding shop to have it done by someone that knows what he's doing.

it's all in the Video that Howard makes fun of.

Archie

86GTBlackGold

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTBlackGoldSend a Private Message to 86GTBlackGoldDirect Link to This Post
Little Deuce,

These posts were not about Archie's V8 conversion kit...they were about a V6 that Archie pulled out of a fiero that was going to undergo a V8 swap, an individual purchased the V6 without checking the engine out and then ran into problems, which included welding, with the V6 installation. Please don't get confused between this V6 problem and Archie's V8 kits.

If you have any concerns, please contact Archie directly and let him explain his swap kit, that way you get it straight from the horse's mouth...without all the confusion from these posts.

FieroSTETZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroSTETZClick Here to visit FieroSTETZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroSTETZDirect Link to This Post

Maybe I should have broken this down 3 ways:

1) Archie represented an engine as being good and solid when it was not and obviously was not. I told him that I would not normally buy an engine (or large purchase like it) site unseen, but it was his word that was selling it. That was his chance to let me know if it might not be all that he made it out to be.

$2k for a crate of **** that might have been good is still a crate of **** anyway you break it down Jelly. The turbo doesn't belong on the engine period. It belongs on a 2 liter. The engine that "only" needs a rebuild was sold as one with only 10k miles and running strong. I told them I was planning on just dropping it in my car right when I got it while it was still warm out and I was between terms. Without reason, it then took months to ship.

I asked Bob if he had any issues or if the system would need anything. He told me that if he was keeping it, he would replace an oil send line and add a MSD box, but that is it. I didn't buy a project, I bought something to plug into my car and drive and both him and Archie knew that. In addition to the above mentioned problems, the turbo sits directly of the clutch slave cylinder. IN 5k miles, I have melted two slave cylinders. How is that not a problem?

2) Archie was the one that took the engine out of the car. He hacked up, broke, cut and took many components(he did not say he was removing them).

Any exhaust shop can make a crossover pipe. It was the fuel management and tuning that Archie hacked up without any apology that is the expensive part.

INSTEAD OF DISCONNECTING CUSTOM FUEL LINES FROM THE CONNECTORS, HE SAWED THEM IN HALF.

INSTEAD OF NOTING WHERE THE CUSTOM WIRES HE WAS SLICING WENT TO, HE DID NOTHING.

HE EVEN SHIPPED BRACKETS WITH IT THAT WERE CRACKED IN HALF.

HE THREW AWAY THE AIR INTAKE!

Come on man! Surely I'm not out of line in expecting a little more then that from the fiero expert. YOU WERE THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THAT, NOT BOB!

3) Archie's kit is not all it is made out to be. I gave some of the many reasons in the weight thread. Archie did not answer, then ragged on Sanberdue for not answering all of his points. Go Archie.

A year ago, I might be thinking the same thing that many of you are thinking. I only bought the engine because of his strong reputation and his endorsement. It is my belief that he does not deserve that reputation. He is not a man. He still can admit no wrong doing.

After having the experience that I had, I have begun looking at his actions and products a little closer and that is why I posted what I posted.

I do not want money. All I wanted was an apology.It hasn't been months of slamming Archie, it has been a week or two in exactly 3 posts.

Hate me all you want, but Archie's word is worth nothing and that is what my problem is.

archie did no such thing you nincompoop - quite a few people should recall when it was being sold-
archie was helping a customer find a buyer, and he already stated that when he removed it it was not intended for sale. he *might* still have the page floating on his server somewhere... but anyways, you are being a retard. this is like being upset at the person that sold you your computer because you bought something crappy off of ebay. just calm down, and be happy that you have a turbo fiero. i don't think it was a great idea paying that much in the first place, when he stated flat out that his customer wanted the engine/system removed.

------------------

vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

archie did no such thing you nincompoop - quite a few people should recall when it was being sold-
archie was helping a customer find a buyer, and he already stated that when he removed it it was not intended for sale. he *might* still have the page floating on his server somewhere... but anyways, you are being a retard. this is like being upset at the person that sold you your computer because you bought something crappy off of ebay. just calm down, and be happy that you have a turbo fiero. i don't think it was a great idea paying that much in the first place, when he stated flat out that his customer wanted the engine/system removed.

Superheros dancing? HOLY COW THATS CUTE!!!!!

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
First of all to Oreif: Since I now realize that anyone living in the state of Illinois is an idiot, retard, nincompoop, worthless bag of trash, etc, I can no longer be your friend. Oh, who the hell am I kidding.

I have never dealt with Archie on a financial level. When the day comes that I have the cash for a V8, I'll definitely give Archie some consideration. (Actually, if I go with a SBC, Archie will be the only one to do the work.) I *have* however called Archie (on his dime) for various other matters concerning my Fiero. None of them had anything to do with V8s yet he took the time to answer my questions. That alone gets my vote.

Archie: I don't think this loser has injured your reputation in any way. It's obvious that any sane person can see that he's just a troll and definitely full of hot air.

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

#1) Archie, an expert, represented an engine as good and put together by another expert. It was not and never was.

Archie said that he knew nothing about the engine, he said it made a 2400 mile trip to his shop and then it got pulled from the car for a V8 conversion...if the car can travel 2400 miles to his shop without a problem, as both Archie and Bob said it did, then it is not a bad motor, so quit complaining about that.

#2) HE HACKED UP THE MOTOR! THERE WAS NO REASON TO HACK UP THE MOTOR. HE STILL REFUSES TO APOLOGIZE FOR HACKING IT UP AND NOT WARNING ME. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DISREGARD AND DISASSEMBLY.

He was pulling the motor, taking off the parts of it that he uses for his conversions, and was going to scrap the rest. I certainly don't label everything that I take apart when I only need one piece of it an plan on throwing the rest away, I get what I need intact and don't worry about the rest. You knew that he was going to take the parts he needed from it. So quit complaining about that, too.

Nick

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

naskie18

6258 posts
Member since Jun 2002

Originally posted by FieroSTETZ:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick

gargoyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gargoyleSend a Private Message to gargoyleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

First of all to Oreif: Since I now realize that anyone living in the state of Illinois is an idiot, retard, nincompoop, worthless bag of trash, etc, I can no longer be your friend. Oh, who the hell am I kidding.

air.

First to monkeyman.Attack my friend, well you are nothing but an oozing boil on the anus of a cancerous rodent you most foil person

Second to howard, the bottom line is you have NOT purchased any Archie products just a second hand V6. You have nothing to complain about and I stand by my first post.

Goodbye.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2002 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaDirect Link to This Post
I can see something happening.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock