Started on: 11-19-2002 01:39 PM
Replies: 158
Last post by: Earl on 11-24-2002 09:17 PM
cadero2dmax

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Howard_Sacks:

Archie is like the school yard bully. He is constantly belittling and harassing others that don't kiss his butt. I am sure that I do not need to give examples of individual instances. Use the search function. Dennis Lagrua is a valuble resource to the fiero community and not a pest. Same with George Ryan, Chris West and Doug Chase whom Archie has picked fights with.

Actually, I egg Archie on and yank his chain a little. But do you know what? He does mine, too. Yes, we do differ in opinion on some matters. And we both are vocal and outspoken. But a lot of the time it is good natured ribbing - - -

The only time it got out of control between us was many years ago, and was without a doubt my fault. In every other instance, we have a handshake and smile for each other when we meet, with no animosity.

Now, I can only speak for myself and not the others you mentioned, but I do not feel like I have been bullied, belittled, or harrassed by Archie - - even when we disagree on a subject. The problem is simply that he is as outspoken as I am!!

G

IP: Logged
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

V8 Archie and Rgeeinc ripped me off about a year ago. They sold me a lame engine that was advertised as being built by a "famous" Hot Rod magazine recognized John Anderson. Archie claimed he drove it around and it ran good. Had many miles of life left. blah blah blah.

It runs like garbage.

Hey Archie didn't install it in your vehicle, probably the blame should be placed on the installer.

[B]The turbo system included with it was hacked together and very amateur. The turbo itself is not even properly sized for the 2.8 liter engine.

Probably why buddy got rid of it in favor of a SBC.

[B]I spent over $2,000 initially and over $1,000 since, just to get it on the road.

Wow, thats a pretty good price for a Turbo set up, even if it needs a rebuild.

[B] When I opened the crate up that the engine was in, various sensors(possibly custom and related to turbo) were missing from the engine.

Archie uses several sensors and parts of the wiring on his conversions.

[B]Custom fuel lines were cut in the middle of the line and not disconnected at fittings! Brackets were shipped cracked in half! The custom wiring for a 7th injector was cut up and no diagrams were included as to how to wire them. When I asked Rgeeinc and Archie for help, all I could get was non-close-up pictures which were no help at all.

I believe Archie is in the business of installing SBC engines, not parting out Fiero's for their value in parts.

[B] Rgeeinc even refused to put me in contact with the builder just so I could get my car on the road.

That's between you and him, not Archie.

[B]I had to start from scratch after paying a premium so I could put the known good system into my car.

You bought a USED engine, you know that with used parts, especially engines it's a hit or miss propasition.

Again, the guy had this removed for some reason or another.

[B]Without the help of some great forum members, I don't think I would have been able to get it going at all.

Ya pretty good bunch on here huh?

[B]However, I would have taken my lumps had Archie even apologized once. All he would have needed to say was, "I'm sorry, had I known it was critical, I might not have cut without labeling."

Appoligize for what?, because an the used engine you bought from somebody else wasn't plug and play?

[B]Archie is like the school yard bully. He is constantly belittling and harassing others that don't kiss his butt.

This is one of the reasons I like Archie's products. He has complete faith in his products, and is not scared to back them up.

[B] Dennis Lagrua

is a dick which ever way you cut the cake.

[B]George Ryan,

dug his own grave.

[B]Archie sells a poorly engineered product.

Hmm, works properly as promised on first crack out of the box, seems well engineered to me.

[B] It is heavy(his adaptors and mounts,not necessarily the sbc.

Archie and recently Crazyd have proved this myth wrong, and knot heads like you keep beating the dead horse ( poor, poor horse)

[B]I am a fan of the Small block chevy engine believe it or not) . It does not come bolt in.

That's the reason Archie and others sell kits- dumbass

[B]It comes with false promises of reliability.

ya the SBC does have a pretty poor track record...

[B] In addition, his stuff is expensive. It truly is unfortunate that he has no competition.

No ones kit is cheap, have you looked at some of the other fiero vendors prices for what they sell?

[B]I haven't seen the stinger in person (I was involved in international Formula SAE competition during carlisle) but from what I've heard, Wicantoy wasn't off base in saying what he said. The emperor has no clothes.

Lets see Wincantoy, and your accomplishments. Oh wait, your's runs like $hit, ya said so yourself

[B]Because of that, I think it is time for me to leave the forum.

have a nice life!

------------------

1988GT T-Tops, 5spd, Loaded

[This message has been edited by jelly2m8 (edited 11-19-2002).]

Thing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThingClick Here to visit Thing's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThingDirect Link to This Post
I hate for this to be my first post, but I
seem to recall Archie's posting on this engine. He was quite clear in saying he knew nothing about the engine except for the fact that the owner drove it some distance to his shop for the swap. He in fact said he doesnt sell v6's and was only posting it as a favor for the owner. I tried to find the thread but had no luck, evidently the mall doesnt have an archive.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Thing:

I hate for this to be my first post, but I
seem to recall Archie's posting on this engine. He was quite clear in saying he knew nothing about the engine except for the fact that the owner drove it some distance to his shop for the swap. He in fact said he doesnt sell v6's and was only posting it as a favor for the owner. I tried to find the thread but had no luck, evidently the mall doesnt have an archive.

HMMM, Your right. It seems the Mall doesn't go back to 2001. Does anyone know if the Mall section is on the PFF CD's? I have both at home (and am at work) so I cannot look.

Originally posted by jelly2m8:
Dennis Lagrua is a dick which ever way you cut the cake.

LOL!!!!

gt boy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt boySend a Private Message to gt boyDirect Link to This Post
way to pick apart the post jelly. nice break down.

------------------
"it's too bad he had to run out of talent half way through the corner..."

Sleeper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SleeperSend a Private Message to SleeperDirect Link to This Post
just for the record about a statement in the thread starter.

Chris West has no problem with Archie, he doesn't even go on PFF. Eric his son was posting under WCF.

[This message has been edited by Sleeper (edited 11-19-2002).]

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sleeper:

just for the record about a statement in the thread starter.

Chris West has no problem with Archie, he doesn't even go on PFF. Eric his son was posting under WCF, so Jelly can remove that sh!ty remark.

hmm so you are right, my mistake, me bad. I'll fix that up, thanks for the heads up !

You know, I almost pulled a Howard sacks , blaming the wrong guy.

Gee this forum is great!

[This message has been edited by jelly2m8 (edited 11-19-2002).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Maybe I should have broken this down 3 ways:

1) Archie represented an engine as being good and solid when it was not and obviously was not. I told him that I would not normally buy an engine (or large purchase like it) site unseen, but it was his word that was selling it. That was his chance to let me know if it might not be all that he made it out to be.

$2k for a crate of **** that might have been good is still a crate of **** anyway you break it down Jelly. The turbo doesn't belong on the engine period. It belongs on a 2 liter. The engine that "only" needs a rebuild was sold as one with only 10k miles and running strong. I told them I was planning on just dropping it in my car right when I got it while it was still warm out and I was between terms. Without reason, it then took months to ship.

I asked Bob if he had any issues or if the system would need anything. He told me that if he was keeping it, he would replace an oil send line and add a MSD box, but that is it. I didn't buy a project, I bought something to plug into my car and drive and both him and Archie knew that. In addition to the above mentioned problems, the turbo sits directly of the clutch slave cylinder. IN 5k miles, I have melted two slave cylinders. How is that not a problem?

2) Archie was the one that took the engine out of the car. He hacked up, broke, cut and took many components(he did not say he was removing them).

Any exhaust shop can make a crossover pipe. It was the fuel management and tuning that Archie hacked up without any apology that is the expensive part.

INSTEAD OF DISCONNECTING CUSTOM FUEL LINES FROM THE CONNECTORS, HE SAWED THEM IN HALF.

INSTEAD OF NOTING WHERE THE CUSTOM WIRES HE WAS SLICING WENT TO, HE DID NOTHING.

HE EVEN SHIPPED BRACKETS WITH IT THAT WERE CRACKED IN HALF.

HE THREW AWAY THE AIR INTAKE!

Come on man! Surely I'm not out of line in expecting a little more then that from the fiero expert. YOU WERE THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THAT, NOT BOB!

3) Archie's kit is not all it is made out to be. I gave some of the many reasons in the weight thread. Archie did not answer, then ragged on Sanberdue for not answering all of his points. Go Archie.

A year ago, I might be thinking the same thing that many of you are thinking. I only bought the engine because of his strong reputation and his endorsement. It is my belief that he does not deserve that reputation. He is not a man. He still can admit no wrong doing.

After having the experience that I had, I have begun looking at his actions and products a little closer and that is why I posted what I posted.

I do not want money. All I wanted was an apology.It hasn't been months of slamming Archie, it has been a week or two in exactly 3 posts.

Hate me all you want, but Archie's word is worth nothing and that is what my problem is.

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001
I guess it was a coincidence. I'm sorry for even letting the thought cross my mind.

It's just that packets dropped immediately after I logged in on two different IP addys and I know how easy it is to add a drop rule to IP Chains.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Oh no, not that again... Yeah, everytime there's lag somewhere on the internet it's because I release some kind of incredibly smart internet program on the net, causing your connection to fail...

For your information, I haven't read that thread after I moved it to the Trash Can. It's not like I don't have anything better to do.

[This message has been edited by Cliff Pennock (edited 11-19-2002).]

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Archie gave his word that the engine was a good one.

If you don't get why that is wrong, I can't explain it to you.

I guess I have been raised with different morals.

Originally posted by Oreif:

See this is what I mean. Archie doesn't work on V-6's. He works on V-8's. All Archie did was remove a turbo V-6 (to install a V-8 in the customers car) and provide the shipping. Archie did not build it, does not know how it hooks up, and did nothing but removed the engine. If Rgeeinc mis-represented what the engine was or failed to inform Archie what items were needed to be saved with the old engine, or even not supply all the required parts, why is it Archie's fault? Oh that right "shoot the messenger".
That makes sense.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 11-19-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Archie's kits do not have the craftsmanship that you may be led to believe that they have.

Archie is the one that removed the boat anchor. Not Bob.

My thought at the time was, if he's hiring the best to do all the work for the V8 install, then most likely he hired the best for the turbo. Boy, was I wrong on both accounts.

Originally posted by AkursedX:

Howard,

As for Archie's V-8 kits. Hell, I would love to have one. A V-8 Fiero with an Archie kit would be absolutley great! I see nothing wrong with his workmanship. Nothing is perfect, especially when trying to cram a V-8 in a Fiero, but I think Archie has done a pretty good job of it.

EDIT: I see Archie has posted while I was typing mine.

But I do have a question for Archie. Did you remove the engine? Or was it that Bob guy who removed it?

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 11-19-2002).]

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001
OK, this peaked my curiousity.

The first thought in my head is what "positive contributions have you made?" but I'm not going to ask that.

Why did you give me a negative after the first week the rating system was up.

Originally posted by naskie18:

I don't know about the other guys who are "Flamers" (I suppose my first post in this thread would include me in that group) but I for one did not make my statement based on this thread. I made my statement based on my opinion of Howard_Sacks and his positive contributions (well, lack thereof) to the forum. And I did not give Howard_Sacks a negative rating based on this thread nor on the thread in the trash can, his rating from me has been negative since about a week after the rating system was implemented. So Leafy, take the advice you should have learned when years ago and don't assume things. If you want to know why we (myself, revin, gargoyle, and anyone else who posts their own little "goodbye" to Howard_Sacks) said what we did, ask us, don't just assume it was from this one thread. Because I know that for me at least, it wasn't from this one thread. Howard just happened to say he was leaving in this thread, and I felt compelled to let him know how I felt before he left, and my opinion of him is based on his posts in the past, and my opinion of this post is the same as my opinion of his previous posts.

Nick

Santa Cruzer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Santa CruzerSend a Private Message to Santa CruzerDirect Link to This Post
There's always the HTD V8 kit

------------------
1986 Fiero SE
www.2m6performance.tk

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Don't say you've heard nothing but good about the man.

If I were to buy a KIT from someone, I would expect not to have to weld it together and do trial fits. I would expect everything to bolt together like a properly designed kit would.

And say what you want about Dennis, he has given me more help and advice without taking a dime then Archie and Rgeeinc combined.

btw, the engine was not installed by me. I assisted a real expert.

have a nice life!

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Howard, that is your opinion( you are entitled to it) and experience. You seem to be a rarity among all of Archie's customers (not really in this case as he was a middle man) and this is unfortunate. As far as Archie knew, it sounds like this motor and setup was working. He probably gave you all the parts he could (even the broken brackets, are these his fault too?), he might have even accidentally missplaced some of them too. The man specializes in V8's not V6's and probably had no one to guide him as to what you would need from the car the engine was removed from. The way I see it he didn't missrepresent the engine to you, and you bought a pig in a poke. I don't feel that Archie is the real villan here, neither are you, but this probably should have been handled by PM's and phone calls from the beginning, not on a public forum. You really don't have any strong evidence that Archie did anything wrong. Whoever got the money for the motor and turbo setup should had tried to make things right with you.
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
avengador1, RGeeinc started avoiding me.

Archie was told exactly why I was buying the engine site unseen or heard.

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
Howard,enough with the balling.Archie wasn't the seller,your wrong take it and live with it.
Stop blaming someone who has nothing to do with it,It's really annoying.
Just my 2 cents.Since everyone else has said theres.
P.S. I thaught you were leaving!!!!

------------------

Best of class-HMN- Carlisle 2002

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Howard_Sacks:Because of that, I think it is time for me to leave the forum.

Please don't (and I see that you haven't yet). This forum is for the exchange of information. Leaving it because of squabbles defeats the purpose and makes all of Cliff's work in vain. I despise the rating system's ability to ban a user and you spoke your mind, so I gave you a positive.

...Wicantoy wasn't off base in saying what he said. The emperor has no clothes.

Would you be so kind as to point me to that thread? I never saw it and I'd like to read his opinion.

I did not reply to Archie's taunts in the trash can yesterday

Why bother replying to anything in the trash can? If someone were taunting from the trash can, I think that would be sufficient evidence of desperation and irrationality for me to consider it their problem, not mine.

cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post

George Ryan dug his own grave.

First, I ain't dead yet. Second, whatever axe you have to grind, pal - - take it off list and PM me.

G

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cadero2dmax:

First, I ain't dead yet. Second, whatever axe you have to grind, pal - - take it off list and PM me.

G

WAAAAA, hey cool, finally getting some neg ratings.

Ya all get offended and let the red fly hahahaha, maybe I should redo some of my votes

luv jel

PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

I asked Bob if he had any issues or if the system would need anything. He told me that if he was keeping it, he would replace an oil send line and add a MSD box, but that is it. I didn't buy a project, I bought something to plug into my car and drive and both him and Archie knew that. In addition to the above mentioned problems, the turbo sits directly of the clutch slave cylinder. IN 5k miles, I have melted two slave cylinders. How is that not a problem?

2) Archie was the one that took the engine out of the car. He hacked up, broke, cut and took many components(he did not say he was removing them).

my guess is that maybe it was on an automatic and the previous owner never had that problem and wasnt aware of it.

The guy asked Archie to sell the engine for him after Archie took it out. Im sure when he takes out dukes or 2.8's he does just cut lines, why? because the engine is being dumped, why would he take his time disconnecting and labeling ever part for an engine, as far as he knew when it was being removed, the engine is going to be trashed. If your replacing something with something bigger and better, would you carefully remove it, label it?

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs

Drive it like you stole it...nice and slow so you dont get your @$$ caught by the cops

White88cpe
No longer registered
Report this Post11-19-2002 09:57 PM   Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
Sure is alot of Georges around.

------------------

Fierosite - Your Number One Resource for Fiero websites

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
It came from a manual.

That is all Archie would need to say, "why would I take his time disconnecting and labeling ever part for an engine, as far as I knew when it was being removed, the engine is going to be trashed. If I had known, I would have taken more care. I'm sorry that it has caused you this trouble."

That is all I wanted and why I began looking at Archie closer. I really don't have beef with Bob.

Start really reading how Archie treats people. Start really looking at how his kit is engineered. I too once admired him.

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

my guess is that maybe it was on an automatic and the previous owner never had that problem and wasnt aware of it.

The guy asked Archie to sell the engine for him after Archie took it out. Im sure when he takes out dukes or 2.8's he does just cut lines, why? because the engine is being dumped, why would he take his time disconnecting and labeling ever part for an engine, as far as he knew when it was being removed, the engine is going to be trashed. If your replacing something with something bigger and better, would you carefully remove it, label it?

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Why bother replying to anything in the trash can? If someone were taunting from the trash can, I think that would be sufficient evidence of desperation and irrationality for me to consider it their problem, not mine.

Howard doesn't bother to tell you that his posts are what sent that thread to the trash can.

Archie

Santa Cruzer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Santa CruzerSend a Private Message to Santa CruzerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

You missed the big point the complete engine was being sold!

If I had intentions of selling an engine that was in my possetion "mine or not",I certainly wouldent just go chopping line's here and there.Lableing things is unnessary.Hoses can be disconnected,it is not nessasary chop anything up.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE
www.2m6performance.tk

[This message has been edited by Santa Cruzer (edited 11-19-2002).]

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Let me guess, you've never done an engine swap before (different than what came stock). I've never done a swap there wasn't trial fitting and some welding involved. It's just not gonna happen.

John Stricker

Nice. Don't say you've heard nothing but good about the man.

If I were to buy a KIT from someone, I would expect not to have to weld it together and do trial fits. I would expect everything to bolt together like a properly designed kit would.

And say what you want about Dennis, he has given me more help and advice without taking a dime then Archie and Rgeeinc combined.

btw, the engine was not installed by me. I assisted a real expert.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by White88cpe:

Sure is alot of Georges around.

LMAO!!!

rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincDirect Link to This Post
Howard,
Lets get the whole store out so the PFF members, can have a clear picture of what happened. They can make up there own mind.
There is no need to bash Archie in this thread at all. Like Thing said in his post, Archie just put the engine on PFF for me while I was there. He stated he new nothing about this engine and that he doesn't sell V6s. He only stated that he drove it when I first arrived at his shop, and he said it ran great. I ask him to drive it and give me his opinion on how it ran, because I was already getting a V8 I just wanted his opinion on a turbo.
You clamed I sold you a lame engine, one that just ran 2400 miles from California to Chicago in 36 hours with out a miss. Gee some lame engine.
I remember we talked before you bought the engine and you were told exactly what you were getting and not getting. You were told that some of the sensors were going to be used on the V8 swap and you would get everything that Archie didn't need for the swap. At that time you were ok with that. You said that you could use the ones off your old engine. I also told you what was done to the engine and that I have had no trouble with it. At the time of removal of the engine, neither Archie or I knew it was going to be sold that fast. I was going to ship it back to my home and sell it from there but you saw it on PFF and bought it. I am sorry that it taken out of the car not to your liking some of the lines were cut but that's the way they come out. If I remember right Archie even gave me a ECM to send with the engine because I was going to use the one for my car. He didn't have to do that, But he did.
After I got home I received some emails from you with questions about the engine and how it was hooked up and I answered them to the best of my ability. I even went to John and ask him many of the questions that you ask me about the engine. I went out of my way to get the answers for your questions. I came to the conclusion that you didn't know very much about turbos at that time, and that was by the questions you were asking.
You said "The turbo system included with it was hacked together and very amateur. The turbo itself is not even properly sized for the 2.8 liter engine." That's your opinion, and I don't see your picture on the cover of Rod and Custom Magazine, like Johns is, the builder of that turbo system. I even sent you his picture on that cover. The reason I did not put you in touch with him because he ask me not to. He is no longer in the the business and did not want to get involved with a engine that was across the country. His words. Sorry I couldn't help you that way but I did send you the cover and his name was on it and you knew where he lived. Why didn't you look up his number for your self. It seems by your thread that you want to blame every one except you for everything that went wrong in your life. You are blaming Archie for a poorly engineered kit, when he had nothing to do with anything, except to ship you an engine and give you a ECM for free. I think it's time you take a little responsibility. You even said that you had to pay a premium for another system and it took other people to help you put together a system that would get you on the road. That tells me you still don't know what your doing with a turbo. Not that that is anything against you but you were in over your head and need to blame someone. I think that's not a good idea, and Archie doesn't deserve any of the things that you said about him.
I am really sorry that you have had trouble but flaming everyone isn't the answer.
Why didn't I hear from you a long time ago if you were unhappy. I did answer every email I got from you. Then, no more emails. I assumed you fixed your problems. Now this!!! Trust me, this is not the way, people on this forum are here to help, I tried, but don't like being flamed for it. If you keep this up there won't be a lot of people willing to help you.
I hope you don't leave the forum, we don't need to loose people, we need to build a good base of knowledgeable people to help other.
Again, Sorry for your troubles.

Bob...

DaRkLoRD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaRkLoRDSend a Private Message to DaRkLoRDDirect Link to This Post

I'm guessing you've never done a kitcar then...

------------------
steve@digitalfusion.on.ca

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Edited becaue I was drunk when I wrote it, and it didn't come across properly. Basically, I was trying to say Archie will state his opinion, whether or not it's a popular one, and I consider that to be an asset in anyone I'd want to do business with.

Sorry for any offense.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 11-20-2002).]

PFF
System Bot
vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogDirect Link to This Post
Here is my 2 cents. I like Archie, Anytime I call he is always helpful and even with my stupid questions. He makes a great product. But he does take an aweful long time to ship the things I have ordered.
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
The engine is/was lame. No, it has not failed, but stock v6s are faster.

At the time, I knew virtually nothing about turbos. Because, Archie hacked up yours, I had to do research and learn about them. At the time, I thought I was paying someone to do my homework for me. I now know more about turbos then I ever wanted to know. I'll scan in compressor map. During boost, the turbo is at 60% efficiency without an intercooler. The rajay and its floating bearing design was a nice turbo. Maybe I'll have it rebuilt and put on my saturn?

Archie did give me the ECM and special PROM, but when the sensors and wiring are hacked up /gone for the 7th turbo injector, how much value are they for me anyway. I had to start from scratch(I can't take full credit, a couple forum members came up big on that part).

The help from the other forum members was writing custom proms for the computer. I do not have the hardware/software (the software is completely custom) to write proms, but I was involved with tuning and now do know what I am doing.

I really am not that upset with you. I knew I was making a risk and made that transaction at arm's length. Don't get me wrong, I'm mad I've blown $3Gs because it's not Y2000 anymore. And I'm mad I wasted the guy's time that helped me(who REALLY wants to stay out of all of this), but I learned how to swap an engine and did learn a lot for maybe another day.

When, you stopped resonding to my emails, I figured you had enough of my dumb questions. Yeah guys, a lot of them were really dumb. Had I known I was going to do as much work, I wouldn't have bought the engine.

Archie, as an expert representing the engine, had a moral(maybe even a legal) duty to let me know what the deal was. If he hacked it up, he needed to tell me.

Just so you know, the engine never made power. Remember the mustangs I was talking about beating. I couldn't even beat N/A miatas.

Originally posted by rgeeinc:

Howard,
Lets get the whole store out so the PFF members, can have a clear picture of what happened. They can make up there own mind.
There is no need to bash Archie in this thread at all. Like Thing said in his post, Archie just put the engine on PFF for me while I was there. He stated he new nothing about this engine and that he doesn't sell V6s. He only stated that he drove it when I first arrived at his shop, and he said it ran great. I ask him to drive it and give me his opinion on how it ran, because I was already getting a V8 I just wanted his opinion on a turbo.
You clamed I sold you a lame engine, one that just ran 2400 miles from California to Chicago in 36 hours with out a miss. Gee some lame engine.
I remember we talked before you bought the engine and you were told exactly what you were getting and not getting. You were told that some of the sensors were going to be used on the V8 swap and you would get everything that Archie didn't need for the swap. At that time you were ok with that. You said that you could use the ones off your old engine. I also told you what was done to the engine and that I have had no trouble with it. At the time of removal of the engine, neither Archie or I knew it was going to be sold that fast. I was going to ship it back to my home and sell it from there but you saw it on PFF and bought it. I am sorry that it taken out of the car not to your liking some of the lines were cut but that's the way they come out. If I remember right Archie even gave me a ECM to send with the engine because I was going to use the one for my car. He didn't have to do that, But he did.
After I got home I received some emails from you with questions about the engine and how it was hooked up and I answered them to the best of my ability. I even went to John and ask him many of the questions that you ask me about the engine. I went out of my way to get the answers for your questions. I came to the conclusion that you didn't know very much about turbos at that time, and that was by the questions you were asking.
You said "The turbo system included with it was hacked together and very amateur. The turbo itself is not even properly sized for the 2.8 liter engine." That's your opinion, and I don't see your picture on the cover of Rod and Custom Magazine, like Johns is, the builder of that turbo system. I even sent you his picture on that cover. The reason I did not put you in touch with him because he ask me not to. He is no longer in the the business and did not want to get involved with a engine that was across the country. His words. Sorry I couldn't help you that way but I did send you the cover and his name was on it and you knew where he lived. Why didn't you look up his number for your self. It seems by your thread that you want to blame every one except you for everything that went wrong in your life. You are blaming Archie for a poorly engineered kit, when he had nothing to do with anything, except to ship you an engine and give you a ECM for free. I think it's time you take a little responsibility. You even said that you had to pay a premium for another system and it took other people to help you put together a system that would get you on the road. That tells me you still don't know what your doing with a turbo. Not that that is anything against you but you were in over your head and need to blame someone. I think that's not a good idea, and Archie doesn't deserve any of the things that you said about him.
I am really sorry that you have had trouble but flaming everyone isn't the answer.
Why didn't I hear from you a long time ago if you were unhappy. I did answer every email I got from you. Then, no more emails. I assumed you fixed your problems. Now this!!! Trust me, this is not the way, people on this forum are here to help, I tried, but don't like being flamed for it. If you keep this up there won't be a lot of people willing to help you.
I hope you don't leave the forum, we don't need to loose people, we need to build a good base of knowledgeable people to help other.
Again, Sorry for your troubles.

Bob...

[This message has been edited by Howard_Sacks (edited 11-19-2002).]

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Honestly, the turbo one was my first in a car and it was a stock block. I mig'd part of a custom tube chassis for a 600cc engine. Does that count?

Seriously though, Archie is selling a kit. Fab a propper motor mount.

Originally posted by jstricker:

Let me guess, you've never done an engine swap before (different than what came stock). I've never done a swap there wasn't trial fitting and some welding involved. It's just not gonna happen.

John Stricker

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
My opinion one V8-Archie

Being of the younger crowd, 20 at the time, He had no hesitation answering my redundant questions. Later he gave me a taste of a V8 in his finale.

We have met on several other occasions since. He has brought parts to shows for me. He hasn't hesitated once to answer any question I have about fieros. He also let me Drive one of his cars(silver fino) 200+ miles to a show.

Have I ever bought anything from archie? Nope. not a single thing. He just went out of his way because he is a nice guy. At least thats the impression I got.

------------------
88 Yellow FORMULA
SSFiero@Aol.com

86seyellow

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86seyellowSend a Private Message to 86seyellowDirect Link to This Post
Howard,

Drop it, noone really cares about you ro the engine.

You learn thru the years that sometimes a loss makes you better.

If you want to flame soemone,. go find a gas can and start yoru car on fire!!!!

Arch, is one of the most knowlegable guys in the business. He doesnt have time to wate on yoru whining, He has cars to work on. How would you feel if it was yoru car he is beating up on an calling howard right now

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Archie gave his word that the engine was a good one.

If you don't get why that is wrong, I can't explain it to you.

I guess I have been raised with different morals.

It's not high morals, it's common sense and the ability to use it. Archie already explained previously that the engine was removed BEFORE the intent to sell it was posted on the forum. The humorous part is your blaming Archie for the actual build/design of the engine. All he did was remove it. Bob has explained that someone else built the engine.
Even Bob explained that all Archie did was remove it and ship it.

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2002 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
I broke it down into 3 simple things above.

#1) Archie, an expert, represented an engine as good and put together by another expert. It was not and never was.

#2) HE HACKED UP THE MOTOR! THERE WAS NO REASON TO HACK UP THE MOTOR. HE STILL REFUSES TO APOLOGIZE FOR HACKING IT UP AND NOT WARNING ME. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DISREGARD AND DISASSEMBLY.

I'm just sharing my experiences. If he did it to me, he'll do it to others.

Originally posted by Oreif:

It's not high morals, it's common sense and the ability to use it. Archie already explained previously that the engine was removed BEFORE the intent to sell it was posted on the forum. The humorous part is your blaming Archie for the actual build/design of the engine. All he did was remove it. Bob has explained that someone else built the engine.
Even Bob explained that all Archie did was remove it and ship it.

GMGW3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2002 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMGW3Send a Private Message to GMGW3Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

If I call Archie up because I've f*cked up my V8 install and it wasn't his fault, I'd expect him to tell me I'm a dumnsh!t.

[This message has been edited by Formula88 (edited 11-19-2002).]

I dont think he would actually go that far, hehe Ive been calling him since April on and off and bugging the Gajeebers out of him with dumb questions and such with things about my car while it was being built. He was quite patient and more than willing to go over things with me, I had never met him or known him before any of this, and my conclusion was, is that he knows his sh*t, and doesnt take sh*t from whiners and cry babys that like to make a montain out of a mole hill like Howard.. and I cant blame him, I have the same tolerance level for Idiots like that where I work.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock