Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Demographics of the Board Members... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Demographics of the Board Members... by FieroGT
Started on: 09-02-99 07:42 AM
Replies: 131
Last post by: Dan86gt3.8 on 03-14-2000 08:57 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-1999 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

batboy, I think that Glen from Oregon is the oldest so far at age 45. I appear to be 3rd oldest, 44 in December.

But of course, we have yet to hear from Ogre. Anyone who calls himself that has got to be old (and cranky)!

IP: Logged
rcn491

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-1999 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcn491Send a Private Message to rcn491Direct Link to This Post
I have you kids beat on age. I am 62
Ozzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-1999 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OzzySend a Private Message to OzzyDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Ogre - Give it up dude!
terryk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-1999 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for terrykSend a Private Message to terrykDirect Link to This Post
Terry Kelley, 45. Engineering Manager for a two letter company (yawn). Foresthill, CA.

86 Fiero SE
83 X-11 MPFI
86 Olds Ciera GT Supercharged.

Author of GMEPro.

Received the death sentence on 4 systems.

Steven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-1999 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StevenClick Here to visit Steven's HomePageSend a Private Message to StevenDirect Link to This Post
My name is Steven Aulgur. I live in Waterford MI. I am 27 years old. Have owned my 85 GT-Spoiler for about 2 and 1/2 years.
Bought it off my father in-law who bought it off the orginal owner. Has over 100,000 miles with very little trouble. The only changes that have been made are an upgrade to the '98 Grand Am AM/FM w/CD and 9 band EQ.
It goes right in with GM adaptor harness, and a few washers to bring it up flush with the trim bezel. I work at the GM SPO World Head Quarters. The department is call Partech, and we help the dealer when they can not find parts in the catalogs.
CUTTER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-1999 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CUTTERSend a Private Message to CUTTERDirect Link to This Post
My name is Shane, I live in Adamstown PA and a student at cocalico. Im 18 and going into a taxadermy school. Love to hunt, fish and of cource drive my 87'GT!!!!
Harry
No longer registered
Report this Post09-04-1999 05:51 PM   Send a Private Message to CUTTERDirect Link to This Post
Harry Waggoner
USN(soon to be retired)
Norfolk VA
fiero addicted!!!!
yellowFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-1999 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowFormulaSend a Private Message to yellowFormulaDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't resist posting here!

My name is Jeff, I live in Baltimore MD (sometimes I think I am the only Fiero enthusiast here) I am 17, and my story is when I was 15 my sisters boyfriend bought a mint 84 Sport Coupe, and I loved it. Then I started researching them on the internet and I decided I wanted a Formula. Mainly 88 GT's are too expensive, and I didn't want to put money in a suspension kit to make a pre-88 handle like I wanted (or better), so after a year and a half of searching for the formula that met my criteria of being in the state of MD, under $4,000, and a 5 speed I finally found one for dirt cheap from a rich guy who didnt take care of it and since then I bought 2 beat up coupes, a '88 and a '87, which my sister drives currently.

sorry if this was too long!
Jeff
http://members.aol.com/Fiero5sp

AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-1999 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post
my name is alberto sanchez im 33,i'm a mechanic ,worked for all the dealers,i've been a trans am man all my life but i've always liked the fiero, i always thought it was the trans am version as a two seater. so finally about 2 weeks ago i bought my first fiero, 86.5 gt,i'm in the process of putting new heads on it and i'm almost done.i'm from temple city, calif but live in bloomington calif married with 1 kid.and currently bringing this car back to it's like new car condition.pontiac rules!
DXR_MOM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-1999 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_MOMSend a Private Message to DXR_MOMDirect Link to This Post
Well, I guess it our turn meaning DXR_DAD and myself DXR_MOM. DAD is 39 and MOM is 37. Our baby is a 86SE 4-speed, Black w/gray interior. For all of you who want to know what DXR stands for here it is (Dimension X Racing & Auto Sports), our baby has 75,000 original miles and some of the mods are as follows: K&N Cone, Modified Intake (our design), Port & Re-weld Exhaust manifolds, MSD Controller, MSD Coil, Accel 300 wires, Dyno Max Super-Flow Cat., Gorlic Stock Exhaust System, Power Pulleys, Non-Stock Reartail, Rear Deck Lid Scoop, Shortened Shifter, Polished Stock Rims, 100 Watt EQ Stock Stereo and JBL Speakers. We live in South San Francisco, California, and have had our baby we call (Black Beauty ) for 3 years.

DXR

Shaun41178

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
User Banned

Report this Post09-05-1999 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shaun41178Send a Private Message to Shaun41178Direct Link to This Post
Hi everyone!

My name is Shaun Hammitt. I was born on 4/11/78 which make me 21 yrs old. I am currently a student at the University of Toledo majoring in Law enforcement. I would like to make a Federal Branch of the Justice dept. someday i.e. FBI or DEA. I was born here in Toledo OH as well which is located in NW Ohio. I have no kids nor a girlfreind as i am not very attractive for if I was I would have a girlfriend. Makes sense right? i like to make people luagh

I bought my red 85 Gt auto back when I was a senior in HS. I saved up two years to get one and finally found one at a decent price with 91k miles on it. Drove it for a year 9k miles till a rod bearing decided to make noise right at 100k miles on it. pretty wierd if you ask me. Pulled the engine out without any prior mechanical experience. Found a almost new engine for $135 and installed it and then threw nitrous on it and have had the nitrous on it for a year now. Other mods include pulley custom intake with K&N cone, ported exhasut manifolds and Crane ign and coil with accel wires, and rear sway bar.

This board RULES!!!!

http://members.aol.com/shaun41178

PFF
System Bot
Bozone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-1999 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozoneSend a Private Message to BozoneDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I thought I'd qualify as oldest here but Dick beat me out by 2-1/2 years. My name is Fred Clarke, I'm 59, a self-employed computer publishing person and have 3 Fieros - one of which I bought new in 87. I live in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. Present project car is a puff red 86.5 GT that slid on ice into a tree. Plan total restore on it and it's at Fiero Factory right now. Goodtaknowya!!
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-1999 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
The Ogre, AKA Ogre King.
male age 306
Master of all things in Ravenwood Swamp.

I have a real problem with threads like this.

Sorry, call it paranoid,,,, I don't post any more personal information than absolutly required in public places. I don't have a specific problem with any of our members, but I'm probly more aware of some of the security risks of the internet than many of you are. I've been involved with cars for a long time, electronics and computers even longer. I've seen first hand a number of security problems caused by very simple "social engineering" and spoofing legitimat systems. You'd be very frightened what can be done with the little information some of you have posted above already. Some of you have already posted enough information that people I've known could easily obtain your driving record, SSI number, Credit card data, and half a hundred other things.

As Cliff has said,,, there are around 400 registered users. There is no way to include those who simply surf the site periodically. Any of those people could lift this whole thread and use it to rob people blind. Please be carefull what you post about yourself both in the forum and in your profiles.

That said:::::

Dave
delaWhere??? RI is smaller but not by bloody much.

87 SC 4

What else,,,, I fix stuff to feed my face. cars, computers, whatever. Any one in the Delaware Valley need their house wired for a LAN? I know I can't be the only one here with several computers and a couple printers.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-1999 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

The Ogre has spoken...
Geez, you're only 37 years old?

I have to agree with you about the personal information that people post about themselves on the 'net. I didn't want to appear "unfriendly", but I purposely didn't include my last name earlier because of the same fears that you have stated.

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-1999 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Well, I wouldn't call it paranoid Ogre - but it's close!

Seriously, before people stop posting alltogether: there isn't any harm in posting name, age and occupation. I haven't seen any security codes from alarm systems together with home addresses and holiday schedules posted yet. None of us are listed in Forbes 500 (at least last time I checked) so it's not like we're a prime target for hustlers...

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-1999 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock

11617 posts
Member since Jan 99
Besided - there are a lot of other places on the internet where people can easily access this information. If you have an internet account your full name, address, telephone-number, etc. can be found within minutes.
lowCG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-1999 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowCGSend a Private Message to lowCGDirect Link to This Post
All of the information on any one person has been available through one medium or another for the past 30 some years!(probably much longer).
If someone is that interested in screwing you,chances are,they probably already did it,and without the help of any of
us de-generates.
Any ABBA fans here?
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-1999 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
SOS!!!!! Yeah I had a few of those records. Like Roxette too.

Yes, there are other sources for the data. I just don't think we should make it any easier on them.

theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-1999 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post

theogre

32255 posts
Member since Mar 99
BTW, a bit o trivia.

In 1994 Roxette was the only band to release new music to a fast food CD promotion.

What album did Roxette release, nearly completely, to the promo? What fast food chain carried the promo? Why was the promo controversial?

terryk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-1999 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for terrykSend a Private Message to terrykDirect Link to This Post
Like the hounding hasn't already happened.

bHooper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-1999 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bHooperSend a Private Message to bHooperDirect Link to This Post
Patrick,

Obviously "who I am" is a obsessed fool. But really, I'm a 32 yo graduate of Appalachian State University. I work with a company that develop's specialty textile products for healthcare industry, and live in North Carolina. I do have a girlfriend and she does appreciate my Fiero......so I reckon I'll keep her, the car ain't going!

PFF
System Bot
mshill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mshillSend a Private Message to mshillDirect Link to This Post
My name is Mark Shillingburg
ASIC (Computer Chip) Design Engineer
39 Years old in October
Rocklin, CA

Just bought my first, an 86 SE. Teaching my three sons how to work on cars. I will have them replace the cap/rotor, coil, wires and plugs tonight. So I might come out with a few less dings on my hands.

Eric

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EricSend a Private Message to EricDirect Link to This Post
My name is Eric Mulherin. I am 20 years old and I attend OSU (that's in Columbus, where I'm from). I'm aiming for a degree in aviation because I recently started to fly and I really don't want to stop. It's fun! I have a black 88GT with 140,000 miles. It's getting a full restoration/ customization including a 3.1 engine rebuild (210 ponies? I'll keep my fingers crossed), interior restoration in black and dark gray maybe some red too, just for a contrast and to show my team spirit. Someday I'll tackle the suspension. I guess I really wasn't supposed to talk about my car, but I really can't help myself. Fieros Rule!
K9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for K9Click Here to visit K9's HomePageSend a Private Message to K9Direct Link to This Post
My name is Arun and I love too things in life. Fieros and my dog(K9) I an in Surrey B.C.
DJRice

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJRiceSend a Private Message to DJRiceDirect Link to This Post
So whats the answer to the trivia question????
Phil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Phil Randolph Retired Chemical Engr. worked for Hercules Powder in solid fuel rockets now I have a small taxidermy shop and 3 Fieros
85 GT - undergoing transformation to Lamborghini Countach
88 GT auto restored to new (my son drives it now)
88 Formula with S/C 3800 daily driver
Cliff D.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff D.Send a Private Message to Cliff D.Direct Link to This Post
I am a 34 year old audio engineer in the Washington D.C. area. Did you see the see the tribute at the Capitol building for the cops that got killed? I was the one mixing the sound for the media feed. I guess I take it for granted that I get to meet some celebrities because I felt like an idiot asking Garth Brooks to pose with me for a picture for my wife. I am the proud owner of a new race team consisting of a gutted 85 GT with a gaping hole in the intake and a burned up clutch, and a Ford F-250 tow vihicle which currently is on two front wheels and 2 jackstands as the only thing behind the cab which is connected is the frame...Hope to be racing at Summit Point in W.V. by the time I turn 80
burdell1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-1999 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for burdell1Send a Private Message to burdell1Direct Link to This Post
My name is Todd Johnson, 26, and I am a student at the University of Minnesota and also a supervisor at Planet Hollywood in Minneapolis. I am the proud owner of a red 1985 Fiero GT.
theogre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-1999 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Geeze.... not even one guess?

What album did Roxette release, nearly completely, to the promo? Crash Boom Bang was released short a couple songs.

What fast food chain carried the promo? Mc Donnalds. You got one of 4-5 CD's with a food purchase for about 4$ more.

Why was the promo controversial? The record companies where peaved that the price of the CD was about 4$us. While the rest of the CD's where rereleased material, Crash Boom Bang was a brand new album. Much of the sales numbers for the album came from the McD's promo. This was a signifigant bite of the record lables proffit. Mc D's pretty much told the record companies to stuff it, but they've never done this type promo again.

lowCG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-1999 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowCGSend a Private Message to lowCGDirect Link to This Post
So,who sold the rights to McD's?
Are they on the bottom of the East river?
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-1999 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Hey All.. My name is Mike Nendza. I live I Golden Valley, MN not too far from Minneapolis and I drive a beat-up red 84 sport coupe. The reason that it's beat up is that I don't have enough money or connections to get it looking good (hint, hint.. But next spring I'm going to be looking for an 87 or 88 GT.. well, any GT as long as it runs good and looks decent and I can afford it!
catch ya later
PFF
System Bot
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-1999 03:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post

Standard

4667 posts
Member since Apr 99
Oops, forgot my age.. I'm 18
I'm sure that was really important information for all of you to know.
BlackGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-1999 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGTSend a Private Message to BlackGTDirect Link to This Post
My name is Todd Green I`m 37 now live in Atlanta, Ga. I`m a Computer Support Analyst
when I`m working and when I`m not I`m into gas on road race cars and now my Black Fiero GT.
AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-1999 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post
just wanted to say that fiero gt is right we should try to meet, and maybe we can pool our resources and make a real club,and that way we can help each other with parts or any other thing. let's face it only us, are we interested in this car and only us , we will preserve this car that is the fiero.
AL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-1999 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALSend a Private Message to ALDirect Link to This Post

AL

1270 posts
Member since Sep 99
just wanted to say that fiero gt is right
we should try to meet, and maybe we can
pool our resources and make a real
club,and that way we can help each other
with parts or any other thing. let's face
it only us, are we interested in this car
and only us , we will preserve this car
that is the fiero.
Richard Parnell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-1999 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richard ParnellSend a Private Message to Richard ParnellDirect Link to This Post
My name really is Richard Parnell. Fooled everyone right. I guess I'm the old fart around here. I'm 52 going on 16. I just an old hot rodder that never has grown up.. I love my Fiero and can hardly wait to V8 the thing. The 4 banger runs amazingly well and fast but I miss the sound and feel of a nice V8. Live on the North Shore of Oahu at Sunset Beach. I'm a telecommunications consultant, mostly for the Navy.
Plenty of Fieros here and cheap. I'm waiting for the day that people finally get a clue and the prices will skyrocket. I get lots of long looks with my 87 SC (Gold) looks great. The front end of the SC doesn't drop straight down as the other models it's more rounded with a spoiler on the bottom. Cool cars.
87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-1999 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Is there anybody from Texas in the house? My real name is Jason Campbell and I live in deep South Texas; right along the border to Mexico in Harlingen. I love Fieros because they are easy to fix up. Right now I own an 87' GT which I got for $1700 and it only had 65,000 original miles on it. Before that I had an 86' SE which I traded for the GT. And long before that I had my first Fiero which was an 85' coupe. I miss that first one. By the way I am 22 years old and single. This is a great place to get info keep up the good work Cliff.
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-1999 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
Hi,
My name is Carroll Schmidt. I'm a Mechanical Engineer licensed in Alabama, Texas, and North Carolina. I will turn 48 in October and have always loved Fieros. My 25th anniversary is next week and I have a lovely understanding wife (meaning she likes to tinker with cars with me) who is also named Carol and three beautiful daughters 17, 19, and 22 who all live at home. I spend a lot of my time keeping the kids' cars roadworthy.

I work for Raytheon Engineers and Constructors in Birmingham, AL. I live in a suburb of Birmingham called Alabaster.
I commuted to St. Louis, MO. every week for 14 months and have been doing the same to Augusta, GA. for the past 4 months. Needless to say I don't get much time in my silver 85SE 2m6 4spd.
I nursed a clutch through my travels to St. Louis since I only had to make it to and from the airport every week. Now I drive a rental to and from Augusta so I downed the Fiero to replace the clutch. This has turned into an engine swap and many upgrades.

I used to subscribe to 'The List' but got tired of the flame wars and all the griping about everything. This forum is great!

I hope to meet you all some day.
Take care,
Carroll

SN1PERVII

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-1999 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SN1PERVIISend a Private Message to SN1PERVIIDirect Link to This Post
Hey y'all I am Joshua B. I live in south Louisiana. I am a 19 year old drafting student ant the gulf area campus of Louisiana Technical College. I am a motorcyclist and am trying to scrounge up enough money to buy a formula in good shape. i got a friend that slid a bonivile into a tree and i got my eye on his engine. I guess i will Have to wait and see what pans out.
fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-1999 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
My name is George Miller and I own the only Fiero Shop in Northern Calif. I was retired until March of this year and my wife and I decided to open up shop. This was to keep me busy doing something. Well as it happens Ive had to hire one person and looking for another mechanic. (talk about being busy) My age 54 and enjoying life to the fullest. I drive an 88 GT and my wife drives an 86 GT
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock