Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  DIY, How to Paint your Fiero the right way for cheap! (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
DIY, How to Paint your Fiero the right way for cheap! by DeLorean00
Started on: 04-03-2008 01:10 AM
Replies: 123
Last post by: zkhennings on 07-03-2012 11:29 AM
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Bump
IP: Logged
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

I'm going to be doing my own garage paint job here pretty soon. I'm not worried about it being a show car quality finish, but I would like it to at least match the quality of a factory paint job. Although I will be painting a different car, I'm going to follow what you have posted here once the car has been primed. Do you really only sand up to 320 with the DA before paint? If you went to let's say 600 grit afterwards with the DA would the outcome be much different? I'm using a single stage because I've read that it'll be the most forgiving for a newbie (me). Also will probably color sand and buff it once it's been painted.

I won't quite be able to use a DA in the engine bay just because of all the curves and uneven surfaces, so what would you recommend for sanding the primer smooth before paint here? Just a red Scotch Bright pad or would you go 300-400-600 grits by hand/sanding block?

Thanks in advance!
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulDirect Link to This Post
How big of an air compressor would you recommend if you just wanted to paint individual body parts (Ie: Hood, Bumpers, Side scoops)? Not the whole car. I can't find the money to buy a huge one, otherwise I would.

[This message has been edited by Big Paul (edited 06-20-2012).]

zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsDirect Link to This Post
Anyone tried this before? It is super affordable and many people have posted on the site to attest to how great it is. Comes with everything as a kit and a whole gallon of base and clear for under 200.

http://www.paintforcars.com...ar_cndyapplered.html

There's only like 25 colors offered though but with a gallon of paint color change should be no problem. I have a red fiero with bad oxidation and chipped paint and I have a friend with some experience and a big compressor and gun and I guess I would go with the candy apple red. Just wondering if anyone on the forum has used this
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock