Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Slow power windows finally solved! (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Slow power windows finally solved! by jscott1
Started on: 01-24-2009 10:56 PM
Replies: 95
Last post by: Trinten on 02-03-2011 01:39 PM
JohnEightyOne

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnEightyOneSend a Private Message to JohnEightyOneDirect Link to This Post
been a while since anything has happened on this thread (unless there is a newer on i didn't know about?)
but i didnt see anything on rodney's site.. and i have PAINFULLY slow windows.. easily in the teens, and forget trying to do both @ the same time...
i'll prob clean out the motors and gears once i can get some of DIY_Stu's outer dew wipes to install, but i certainly wouldn't mind going even faster
IP: Logged
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2009 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
I made up some "speeder uppers" but the intrest did not seem to be there. As I only sold one set.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
I made some more up, Rodney seems to have no intrest, been almost a year now. So who ever wants them let me know.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/046626.html

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

Rodney seems to have no intrest

A good product can take time to engineer and develop. I'm waiting for Rodney!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnEightyOne:

been a while since anything has happened on this thread (unless there is a newer on i didn't know about?)

There is another thread,

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/098974.html

but the news is the same...the production is taking longer than expected. This box really works, I think it will be worth the wait.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-13-2009).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
It sounds like Rodney is nearing the final stage of getting these ready for production.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077916.html

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
I have some in stock. I've sold several sets so far. I have several sets on hand yet. I have not been promoting these as I only have a small amount on hand for now. I will have more (around 300 pair) in several weeks. This did take a long time to finish. I'm working on the next batch now and they will be about 20% smaller. The first ones I made for testing were certainly on the large size. The ones I have now are about 50% smaller than my original test units. The next batch will be 20% smaller than the ones I have on hand now.

http://rodneydickman.com/ca...h=24&products_id=271

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!: " TARGET=_blank>www.rodneydickman.com[/b][/SIZE]
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2010 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000
Fixed my sig. Not sure why it changed?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
just noticed these on Rodney's site!

Nice that we now have options for slow power windows.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Many times slow window activation is caused by dirty contacts in the window switches. If you remove the switches open them up, degrease them, clean the contacts and reassemble them, more often than not the window activation motion comes on strong. If you decide to disassemble the switch there are small parts in there. Just make sure that you don't lose any parts or the switch wil be ruined.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sardonyx247:

I made up some "speeder uppers" but the intrest did not seem to be there. As I only sold one set.

Originally posted by Rodney:

I have some in stock. I've sold several sets so far.

I am glad to see that others are like me and feel that it is important to support a proven vendor.

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

A good product can take time to engineer and develop. I'm waiting for Rodney!

PFF
System Bot
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:
Many times slow window activation is caused by dirty contacts in the window switches.

This is true. But if you look back thru all the posts on these - one guy recently installed new window switches and later tried one of my units and reported a noticeable gain. Seems the power window switches (even when new) are not all that efficient in passing all the power thru them.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

This is true. But if you look back thru all the posts on these - one guy recently installed new window switches and later tried one of my units and reported a noticeable gain. Seems the power window switches (even when new) are not all that efficient in passing all the power thru them.

I do not doubt that your new device can help speed up window operation, but I have had good success cleaning the switches and burnishing the contacts. The improvement went from the window just creeping up slowly to it going up smoothly and steadily. It may not go up like a jet or as fast as a new car window goes up but that 2 seconds more doesn't bother me. I'm sure that your product will work as advertised and will be the perfect solution for those who seek to have the fastest window activation

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

rlndhill

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillDirect Link to This Post
I purchased a set from Rodney in October 2009 and they are awesome. You notice the difference in window speed immediately. This is a must purchase item, if you are tired of slow moving windows.

Robert
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2010 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
I have used the Rodney stuff before and have been happy with it. So I do recommend him as a vendor.

I have always had slow windows no matter how clean the switches are. When I did my Monte Carlo LS4 V8 swap I used the entire electronics systems including the express window. Now my windows go down in something like 3.8 sec and up around 3.6 sec. The Monte uses relays for the window motors not the switches, this provides the best possible current flow.
If I had not done this swap I would have definitely got Rodney's setup. I got used to the slow windows after having them for so long. Now I have "normal" window speed and got used to them. When I roll down windows of stock Fiero's I go nuts because the slow windows.
I am working on an 88GT for some one and will try to talk him into getting the Rodney kit.

------------------

Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
I had forgotten about this until yesterday! I remember when Rodney was first working on them and was asking for prototype testers. Thankfully found the thread yesterday (using google to search the site, lol). So glad that he has them available, and annoyed at myself that I didn't order them sooner. Order placed!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock